Spider-Man(2002-2007) vs X-Men(2000-2009)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Indestructible
Ok the Spider-Man trilogy vs the X-Men trilogy INCLUDING X-men Origins: Wolverine

They both have things in common for the first 3

1. The 1st one's were respectable
2. The 2nd one's were the best of the trilogy
3. The 3rd one's were not that good

which trilogy is better

roughrider
Give a slight edge to the X-Men series, because of the style. Sam Raimi's hyperkineticism as a filmmaker is fun, and he certainly respects his source, but it does sit just on the side of being cheesy. While the X-Men films - along with the new Batman series & Iron Man - are from the school of social realism. They are trying to show how a superhero concept plays out in the real world as much as possible - which is the method I like best for these movies. While films like Sin City & 300 are walking graphic novels; innovative but ultimately less interesting.

chomperx9
i hated xmen 3 and liked all 3 spider-man movies so i give it to spider-man

AverageSavage
giving it to x-men cus of x-men 2

srankmissingnin
In order from best to worst.

Spider-man 2
X2
Spider-man 1
X-Men 1
Wolverine Origins
Spider-man 3
X-Men 3

Raoul
Spider-Man.

steverules_2
X3 sucked...spiderman 3 was...bearable, I think it coulda been alot better if they had saved Venom for a cliff hanger ending leading into no.4

Serious Impact
Let me see. I liked the first Spider-man movie better than the first X-men movie.

Spider-man 2 and X2 are a real toss-up for me. They were awesome movies! Still, if I had to choose one, I'd give the slight edge to SM2, even if X2 had one of the coolest opening scenes ever!

I actually think I liked X-men 3 better than Spider-man 3, if only because of all the mutant they introduced. It may have stunk, story-wise, but I can't help but enjoy a good mutant brawl. I also think the death of Osborn in SM3 was horribly unnecessary and added nothing to the story.

Tough call really, but I give the slight edge to the Spider-man movies. I think, overall, I enjoyed them more than I did the X-men movies.

xJLxKing
All the X-Men movies sucked. The third X-Men was just horrible. Charles, and Cyclops died. Then they get some weird looking guy to play juggernaut. I could go on an on.

Spider-man was nice.

Paola
They shouldn't have deleted that WTC spiderweb scene that I enjoyed so much.

So my vote goes to X-Men.

BruceSkywalker
As a fan of both series, IMO, its Spiderman.. While X3 had problems as well did Spidey 3, but overall the 3 Spiderman movies were done better then the X-Men movies..

X3 changed directors and Marvel forced Raimi to add a character he really doesn't like, but all in all the Spiderman movies were enjoyable more so than the X-Men movies

Kovacs86
If Wolverine's included, then it can't be a trilogy, can it? Not that the Spider-Man series is really a trilogy, either.

Anyway, X-Men 2's the best film, and I also liked X-Men (though not as much Spider-Man or Spider-Man 2) so... Spider-Man wins because of the 3rd films. X-Men 3 was shockingly bad, and Wolverine sounds, if anything, worse.

SpaceMonkey
Spider-Man=Trash
X-Men=Decent films except for X-Men 3

X-Men wins.

Nestical
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Spider-man 2
X2
Spider-man 1
X-Men 1
Wolverine Origins
Spider-man 3
X-Men 3 thumb up

The Nuul

Spider-man 2
X2
Spider-man 1
X-Men 1
X-Men 3
Spider-man 3
Wolverine Origins

Indestructible
I cant dedcide...... Spiderman is amazing but the X-men are right up there. I give it to Spider-Man

Mindset
Best to worst

For me:
X-men 2
Spiderman 2
Spiderman 1
X-men 1
Spiderman 3

Fail:
Wolverine & X-men 3

So Spiderman.

Al the Killer
* > Spider-Man movies

Kinkin
I don't like the X-Men movies. They have moments but overall Spideys are better.

The Pict
Spiderman 2
X-Men 2
Spiderman
Spiderman 3
X-Men 3
X-Men

It's Spiderman for me as well.

WO Polaski
xmen 2 the best of the xmen trilogy is garbage and was boring. spiderman 2 the best of the spiderman series imo was epic and awesome. so spiderman for me.

Obadiah Horn
Spiderman is to this day the movie that changed the game for comic book movies.Without it quality comic movies like the rebooted batman movies Iron man and X-2 would have been camp and alienating to comic book fans much like the first X-men movie. Spider man 2 sucked ,not as bad as X3 or spiderman 3 but it was still pretty awful. It lost all of the fun of the character and forgot that it was a Comic book movie and it doesn't have the substance to compare with real movies so it just ends up in the underwhelming limbo where Superman Returns resides. Still in the End Spiderman wins handily via the strength of the first movie alone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.