Thanos vs......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The team tha Tyrant took on and won easily. We're talking about... Surfer, BRB, Glads, Jack of Hearts etc etc. Could Thanos overcome the team Tyrant did and how much harder would it be for him if he could?

The Nuul
No.

AverageSavage
team takes it

Enyalus
Thanos wins 7/10. Higher if we're using full capacity with tech shields and forceblocks, etc.

Jack of Hearts & Ganyamede get one-shotted. Surfer cannot hurt him so I'm assuming BRB and Gladiator would have some issues doing so.

Thanos works for it a bit more than Tyrant, but comes through eventually.

Nihilist
Like Eny said if Thanos fighst using his full abilities or the team fight like they did Tyrant he soundly wins, a good few of the team are cannon fodder.

xJLxKing
If team fights as idiotically as they fought DP Tyrant by going in one by one with no team work, then they lose. However, if they fight as a team, coordinated, together, full confidence, full capacity then they take majority.

Warlord
the team has the potential to take a slight majority

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by xJLxKing
If team fights as idiotically as they fought DP Tyrant by going in one by one with no team work, then they lose. However, if they fight as a team, coordinated, together, full confidence, full capacity then they take majority.

Let's not forget Morg having an attack of chronic back-stabbing disorder.

But yeah, co-sign.

skyfather
Thanos rapes the team.

surfer,jack,terrax and ganymede all get pimped slapped as per usual as non of them have the power to even bother thanos, and morg never fought tyrant as part of the team.

ares834
The team wins.

Enyalus
Originally posted by skyfather
Thanos rapes the team.

surfer,jack,terrax and ganymede all get pimped slapped as per usual as non of them have the power to even bother thanos, and morg never fought tyrant as part of the team.

Morg was also one-shotted by one of Thanos' blasts, so he wouldn't be any problem, either. smile

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

d3str0ya10
i just got my new contacts, YAY!
and Thanos 7.5/10
using all his abilities correctly he should manage to overcome.

Ironic
Originally posted by d3str0ya10
i just got my new contacts, YAY!
and Thanos 7.5/10
using all his abilities correctly he should manage to overcome.

maybe now you can read how one sided some of your threads are...

as for the fight, Thanos, but he would take it much harder than tyrant

celestialdemon
Thanos wins this the majority of the time.

Priest
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Thanos wins this the majority of the time.

kgkg
Thanos gets killed

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
Thanos gets killed
Drax isn't in this thread. evil face

Naija boy
Thannos 7/10

kgkg
Originally posted by Enyalus
Drax isn't in this thread. evil face I don't see Thanos talking hits from all these guys at once.

Enyalus
I don't see Thanos talking hits from all these guys at once.
He's got two kinds of shielding if he needs it. And H2H blast superspeed to thin the herd a bit.

kgkg
He's got two kinds of shielding if he needs it. And H2H blast superspeed to thin the herd a bit. Even If he goes the shield route how is he going to Attack?

Also putting a shield will be worse for him since he will pretty much use all his energy keeping it up once it break and it will he is done for.

Enyalus
Even If he goes the shield route how is he going to Attack?
Hm, I think he attacks through it when fighting The Fallen One...

Also putting a shield will be worse for him since he will pretty much use all his energy keeping it up once it break and it will he is done for.

Well that's why I said 'two kinds of shielding', referring to his standard tech shields capable of tanking Galactus' blasts and Champion's punches. stick out tongue

One blast from Thanos would drop Ganyamede, Jack of Hearts and Morg. Would only take a few blasts or punches to put down everyone else. A pre-resurrection Thanos had Classic Thor reeling from just two blasts. He's also got the omnidirectional blast attack option, etc.

kgkg
Originally posted by Enyalus Hm, I think he attacks through it when fighting The Fallen One...
Well that's why I said 'two kinds of shielding', referring to his standard tech shields capable of tanking Galactus' blasts and Champion's punches. stick out tongue do you have a scan of that? Even if it was probably bad minor shield the more powerful shield he used has always been the defensive ones. I would like to see the scans if you have it. wink Also once his shield have been broken he was pretty much exhausted every time.

I think he will be hard pressed attacking when he getting blitz and attacked from all directions. I'm sure he can take a few of them with him but Gladiator , BRB , Surfer , Morg etc attacking will make it hard for him to attack. Also JOH is not useless if you goes kamikaze that would be a problem for Thanos. His power output is insane.

If you take Thanos top end feat you can make a claim that he can live through this but on average no way he is talking this many people.

The way I see it he has two option fight head on. While he is blasting you have guys like BRB who can absorb most of his attacks etc and you have speedsters like Gladiator keep him busy. It will be pretty hard to attack when you getting blitz and getting your attacks absorbed etc wink

The other way is putting shield which again will have similar outcomes. The omnidirectional blast have any scans of that?

Hey if nothing works Surfer can always give his power cosmic to someone else or become a healer to heal the people that Thanos put down.

Enyalus
do you have a scan of that? Even if it was probably bad minor shield the more powerful shield he used has always been the defensive ones. I would like to see the scans if you have it. wink

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_energyshield1.jpg

I think he will be hard pressed attacking when he getting blitz and attacked from all directions. I'm sure he can take a few of them with him but Gladiator , BRB , Surfer , Morg etc attacking will make it hard for him to attack. Also JOH is not useless if you goes kamikaze that would be a problem for Thanos. His power output is insane.
Surfer's energy attacks are nothing to Thanos. One time, he sat in his chair and took Surfer's shot to the face without flinching, then asked if him he was done. Another time, he blocked it with one hand. Surfer outputs far more power than JoH. And if Thanos is really worried - he does have good knowledge of what JoH can do - he's always got a forceblock handy. Morg has already been one-shotted by a lesser version of Thanos. Gladiator and BRB are the only ones who are a remote threat, and as said before, Thanos proved he was well above Thor multiple times. Look at how easily he held his own against WM Thor when BRB got trashed by him? Or how he was beating Thor with just two eye blasts in his first and weakest incarnation? That shows BRB won't be much trouble, either.

The way I see it he has two option fight head on. While he is blasting you have guys like BRB who can absorb most of his attacks etc and you have speedsters like Gladiator keep him busy. It will be pretty hard to attack when you getting blitz and getting your attacks absorbed etc wink
Thanos has only ever been blitzed by the Runner. And he's dealt with The Fallen One's bullrush easily before, so I see no problems there. His durability is far above anyone elses here. Plus Thanos can control his blasts, which will make it more difficult for BRB to absorb:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_ThanosEnergycontrol.jpg

Plus...his sheer blast speed:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_blastspeed1.jpghttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_blastspeed2.jpg

The other way is putting shield which again will have similar outcomes. The omnidirectional blast have any scans of that?

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_omnidirectional1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_omnidirectional2.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_omnidirectional3.jpg

Kris Blaze
Wow, killing a couple of random aliens and skeleton will sure come in handy, when fighting heralds. Too bad all of Thanos energy attacks will be sucked right into Bill's hammer.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Wow, killing a couple of random aliens and skeleton will sure come in handy, when fighting heralds. Too bad all of Thanos energy attacks will be sucked right into Bill's hammer.

Ahhhhhhh of course BRB can do this and that is why he's never been hit by any energy attack in his history because he absorbs them all. Basically you can only beat him via hand to hand roll eyes (sarcastic) Ooo wait that isn't true is it Kris and thus he can be hit, has been hit and would go down. If Thanos handles Thor with ease as he has then BRB surely is no problem.

A couple aliens.... Lets talk about the Omni blast that killed a high herald in Adam Warlock in ONE SHOT. You wanted an examble of a high herald get one shotted and killed there you have it. This team imo has nothing to put down Thanos. Surfer has the highest energy output on the field imo and he's like a fly to Thanos.

Enyalus
Dunno where you got your passionate hate for Thanos from, but save it for Quan. Don't direct that shit at me. Putting five-six Titanas against Hulk won't mean they win. That's likely the power difference here in this thread. Surfer's peak herald and Thanos slaps him around with casual ease. BRB and Gladiator won't fare any better. And the rest of the team is an annoyance at best.

Thanos wins like Tyrant did. Just has to work for it a bit more.

Those 'skeletons' you refer to are Lady Death's elite guard, in Death's Realm.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Dunno where you got your passionate hate for Thanos from, but save it for Quan. Don't direct that shit at me. Putting five-six Titanas against Hulk won't mean they win. That's likely the power difference here in this thread. Surfer's peak herald and Thanos slaps him around with casual ease. BRB and Gladiator won't fare any better. And the rest of the team is an annoyance at best.

Thanos wins like Tyrant did. Just has to work for it a bit more.

Those 'skeletons' you refer to are Lady Death's elite guard, in Death's Realm.

I guess he only looks at pretty pictures eh eny? What will he say about the blast that killed Warlock since he was looking for heralds being killed by it lol Happy Dance

Kris Blaze
You idiots sure you wanna bring up Adam Warlock in a thread with Thanos? I seem to recall someone getting turned to stone with a simple spell.

I also seem to recall BRB absorbing energy from Ego, and the combatants fighting at their full potential. Oh wait, this means not a single one of Thanos' energy attacks will escape BRB's hammer.

Enyalus
Off the top of my head he's one-shotted Warlock, Morg, Drax, Thing, and Captain Mar-vell. Some of those multiple times.

Hm. I also think he pimpslap one-shotted Ganyamede, who is on this team along with Morg.

Kris Blaze
Off the top of my head he's one-shotted Warlock, Morg, Drax, Thing, and Captain Mar-vell. Some of those multiple times.

Hm. I also think he pimpslap one-shotted Ganyamede, who is on this team along with Morg.

He never "pimpslap oneshotted" Morg....

And this is all pointless before energy will go into stormbreaker and he can't physically beat someone who can just fly around him.

King Kandy
Thanos stomps.

Enyalus
I also seem to recall BRB absorbing energy from Ego, and the combatants fighting at their full potential. Oh wait, this means not a single one of Thanos' energy attacks will escape BRB's hammer.
I don't have a problem with that. Tyrant put him down via physical assault. Thanos does the same, then. And BRB's Stormbreaker throw bounced off of him. Thor's Mjolnir throw has bounced off of Thanos. So that won't be an issue.

Yeah, bringing Warlock up is fine. Thanos one-shot killed him. If you want to bring up what Warlock did afterwards, that's also fine. Just make sure to mention that he was empowered by the Soul Gem and resurrected, maybe or maybe not, with a boost from Master Order and Lord Chaos.

Enyalus
He never "pimpslap oneshotted" Morg....

Never said he did. Please read.

Kris Blaze
I don't have a problem with that. Tyrant put him down via physical assault. Thanos does the same, then. And BRB's Stormbreaker throw bounced off of him. Thor's Mjolnir throw has bounced off of Thanos. So that won't be an issue.

Yeah, bringing Warlock up is fine. Thanos one-shot killed him. If you want to bring up what Warlock did afterwards, that's also fine. Just make sure to mention that he was empowered by the Soul Gem and resurrected, maybe or maybe not, with a boost from Master Order and Lord Chaos.

Fun facts:

- Warlock ain't high herald without his soul gem
- BRB won't star 5 feet away from Thanos
- BRB won't throw his hammer if he's using his full potential
- The way Thanos killed or beat everyone won't be applicable here, because his energy will go to Stormbreaker
- Thor's laid Thanos low several times physically, even as Masterson. So even if it did go physical, it woudln't "bounce" off Thanos.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You idiots sure you wanna bring up Adam Warlock in a thread with Thanos? I seem to recall someone getting turned to stone with a simple spell.

You are truly a tool Kris and as usual I get a kick out of your posts.

The warlock turning Thanos into stone... hmmm lets take a look at context... First, warlock was one-shot and KILLED by a omni blast which is what your looking for. Him turning Thanos to stone... hmmm lets see he caught thanos by surprise from the reality gem after thanos killed him. Hmmmm lets see soul gem + Warlock plus weaker first version of Thanos... Context.

Also, so your saying then that since BRB fights at his full potential he can never be hit by an energy attack? Yet they also fight in character correct? So, then why in comics has brb been hit countless time and put down numerous times? Ooooo yes because he CAN'T block/absorb all energy attacks that come his way. Just because he could in theory doesn't me he can always. His hammer in theory can do so but his hammer is being wielded by somebody who can't always block and absorb them. Going by your stupid logic... BRB would never lose to Surfer as he would just absorb all of Surfers attacks... shoot Galactus energy attacks would be useless as well wouldn't they Kris cause BRB would just absorb them all lol haha.

Raoul
Guys, keep the bashing out of it, or i'll close the thread.

also, if you assume i'm not talking to you, then i am.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Fun facts:

- The way Thanos killed or beat everyone won't be applicable here, because his energy will go to Stormbreaker
- Thor's laid Thanos low several times physically, even as Masterson. So even if it did go physical, it woudln't "bounce" off Thanos.

Question Krissy.... Did warlock have the soul gem when Thanos killed him or not?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Raoul
Guys, keep the bashing out of it, or i'll close the thread.

also, if you assume i'm not talking to you, then i am.

you talkin' to me? (best robert d impression)

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
You are truly a tool Kris and as usual I get a kick out of your posts.

The warlock turning Thanos into stone... hmmm lets take a look at context... First, warlock was one-shot and KILLED by a omni blast which is what your looking for. Him turning Thanos to stone... hmmm lets see he caught thanos by surprise from the reality gem after thanos killed him. Hmmmm lets see soul gem + Warlock plus weaker first version of Thanos... Context.

Also, so your saying then that since BRB fights at his full potential he can never be hit by an energy attack? Yet they also fight in character correct? So, then why in comics has brb been hit countless time and put down numerous times? Ooooo yes because he CAN'T block/absorb all energy attacks that come his way. Just because he could in theory doesn't me he can always. His hammer in theory can do so but his hammer is being wielded by somebody who can't always block and absorb them. Going by your stupid logic... BRB would never lose to Surfer as he would just absorb all of Surfers attacks... shoot Galactus energy attacks would be useless as well wouldn't they Kris cause BRB would just absorb them all lol haha.

Couple of things you have a hard time coping with apparently. I'll take that retarded analogy apart as well.

- You can't tell the soul and reality gem apart now?

- Weaker first version? You don't seem to understand that the initial verion is just as strong as the second, only the first version derived the majority of his powers from technology. When he died the first time and got his "powerup" those became internalized, and a standard part of his powerset. Meaning that he would be, JUST AS STRONG.

- Check up on the word "Countless" as anyone who can count on their HAND, can count the times BRB has lost.

- BRB is using his abilities to their FULL EXTENT here. It's hard to understand, but that's just how it is. Meaning that he would not start off a fight by THROWING AWAY his best weapon. He would use it's near-endless energy absorption, redirection and amplification abilities. Understand?

- BRB would never lose to the Surfer if it was a fight set where BRB had a mass of team-mates, and Surfer only used energy attacks. Unfortunately for you, that is a really poor analogy. Surfer flies, navigates and can span the distance between him and BRB very quickly, unlike Thanos. Surfer also happens to do a lot of other things, such as black holes. Thanos, doesn't.

- The galactus analogy? I just feel bad for you. Apparently Thanos and Galactus have the same energy output and are limited to the same abilities? laughing

KuRuPT Thanosi
Couple of things you have a hard time coping with apparently. I'll take that retarded analogy apart as well.

- You can't tell the soul and reality gem apart now?

- Weaker first version? You don't seem to understand that the initial verion is just as strong as the second, only the first version derived the majority of his powers from technology. When he died the first time and got his "powerup" those became internalized, and a standard part of his powerset. Meaning that he would be, JUST AS STRONG.

- Check up on the word "Countless" as anyone who can count on their HAND, can count the times BRB has lost.

- BRB is using his abilities to their FULL EXTENT here. It's hard to understand, but that's just how it is. Meaning that he would not start off a fight by THROWING AWAY his best weapon. He would use it's near-endless energy absorption, redirection and amplification abilities. Understand?

- BRB would never lose to the Surfer if it was a fight set where BRB had a mass of team-mates, and Surfer only used energy attacks. Unfortunately for you, that is a really poor analogy. Surfer flies, navigates and can span the distance between him and BRB very quickly, unlike Thanos. Surfer also happens to do a lot of other things, such as black holes. Thanos, doesn't.

- The galactus analogy? I just feel bad for you. Apparently Thanos and Galactus have the same energy output and are limited to the same abilities? laughing

I have no trouble at all telling them apart. I made a mistake in saying the reality gem because clearly in the very next sentence i said soul gem + Warlock plus first version.

Show me where I compared Thanos's blast with Galactus blasts? I said, so what your saying is BRB could tank all of Galactus blasts and he could never hit BRB with them. I never once compared Thanos to Galactus. I said under your theory because BRB has no limits to how much he absorbs he could just take anybody blasts all the time with no issue this includes Galactus correct?

So, are you further saying which you keep on avoiding that BRB has never been hit with a blast? If he has why did that happen? The wielder and his reflexes and abilities also factor into if all blast are absorb by the hammer correct? Isn't a KMC rule also fighting in character kid? So, your saying it's not in brb character to get up an personal and he always stays away and just absorbs energy blasts lol haha.

Enyalus
Fun facts:

Agreed. Good thing Thanos one-shotted him while he had the Soul Gem, isn't it?

Also, according to the KMC tier list, the only high herald here is Surfer.

Okay, if you're going to be ridiculous and say BRB absorbs all energy attacks from Thanos including the ones not directed at him...then, Thanos uses a Force Block on BRB, the end.

Thor's never 'laid Thanos low.' Masterson has done so once, while Thanos was toying with everyone and was amped by the Power Gem.

It's bounced off of Thanos at least twice that I recall and was casually stopped once with a gesture.

Thanos beats this team at least 7/10.

Nihilist
Thanos getting turned into stone by Adam Warlock was when Adam was a agent on Chaos and Order was was clear empowered by them.

Nihilist
^^^^^ cont

And if They/Thanos fight using their full capabilities what's to stop Thanos Mind contoling some of them or shutting some of their minds down.

If Thanos does use his shields, he can still use he Tk as a weapon and use the tactics he used against Champion.

skyfather
How many times has BRB absorbed all somebody's energy as apposed to slugging and blasting it out?

KuRuPT Thanosi
How many times has BRB absorbed all somebody's energy as apposed to slugging and blasting it out?

A question that Kris refuses to answer because that is BRB fighting in character per KMC rules which totally messes up Kris plan for this battle. He prefers he could just absorb everything and nothing would touch him. Only problem is the comic disagree with this as he has been hit in comics and has never done such a thing.

Kris Blaze
- Telepathy will not work because Thanos mostly focuses it on keeping up his own telepathic defense. If he uses telepathy offensively, he might be locked in struggle with the Surfer, which would keep him from accessing his other abilities. Thanos' telepathy also seems to be somewhat limited, as he was unable to read Annihilus' mind, but could attack Galactus. So if people want to bring in telepathy, the Surfer is more than qualified to block the attack.

I have no trouble at all telling them apart. I made a mistake in saying the reality gem because clearly in the very next sentence i said soul gem + Warlock plus first version.

Show me where I compared Thanos's blast with Galactus blasts? I said, so what your saying is BRB could tank all of Galactus blasts and he could never hit BRB with them. I never once compared Thanos to Galactus. I said under your theory because BRB has no limits to how much he absorbs he could just take anybody blasts all the time with no issue this includes Galactus correct?

So, are you further saying which you keep on avoiding that BRB has never been hit with a blast? If he has why did that happen? The wielder and his reflexes and abilities also factor into if all blast are absorb by the hammer correct? Isn't a KMC rule also fighting in character kid? So, your saying it's not in brb character to get up an personal and he always stays away and just absorbs energy blasts lol haha.

- Bravo

- You seem to think that Galactus is relevant when I say that Stormbreaker can absorb Thanos' energies. Well unfortunately for you, Mjolnir has already shown itself capable of absorbing anything that Thanos has. Galactus would obviously break said limit. If you had read some actual Thor comics, or Avengers comics, you know know that Mjolnir can contain enough energy to destroy 1/5 of our universe. Hardly something Thanos can top.

- Well, can you think of any incidents where BRB is hit by blasts? I can. Just like I can think of several incidents where he chooses to block energy blasts. But in this scenario he is a part of a team, and fighting to the full extent of his abilities. Like it's said in THE ****ING RULES, you can only find 3 or 4 examples of the Flash clocking people at ligthspeed +++++ and you can find 30 or 40 examples of him getting tagged by "slow" people. This doesn't mean we'll follow the "usual" showing in a fight where they fight to the full extent of their abilities. The character induced stupidity rule means that we can NOT MAKE UP ABILITIES or odd applications of a character's powerset. Surfer would not create black holes inside someone's brains while flying around at lightspeed. He might however, create black holes nearby people or avoid attacks. He doesn't have to DO IT EVERY ****ING TIME as long as we have seen that he's capable of doing it.

- You also seem to be SEVERELY underestimating Thanos here. Since the aspect of limitless energy absorption seems to be an instant win for BRB here. Nevermind the fact that this isn't a fight between JUST Thanos and BRB, which is the reason why BRB can absorb energy to his heart's extent.

- Reflexes do not matter in the slightes, nor does it matter where Thanos aims these attacks. The energy is PULLED into Mjolnir/Stormbreaker. He does not have to move his hammer in front of the energy attack in order to absorb it. This energy can also be redirected, so anything that Thanos chooses to dish out is likely to come back to him. We saw BRB do it against Stardust, in case shooting energy with his hammer isn't "beta ray bill -ish" enough for you.

How many times has BRB been faced with someone who relies mainly on energy attacks?

Okay, if you're going to be ridiculous and say BRB absorbs all energy attacks from Thanos including the ones not directed at him...then, Thanos uses a Force Block on BRB, the end.

Since when did BRB need to breathe?

Nihilist
Thanos never even attemped to read Annihilus's mind, he only wanted to know what Moondragon had found out after she had a dig a Thanos about what Annihilus thought about Thanos

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos never even attemped to read Annihilus's mind, he only wanted to know what Moondragon had found out after she had a dig a Thanos about what Annihilus thought about Thanos

Regardless, it's no indication that he can mentally control anyone....

Enyalus
Since when did BRB need to breathe?

I never said he did.

I wasn't opting for Thanos to kill him. A Force Block would incapacitate him, though.

Kris Blaze
I never said he did.

I wasn't opting for Thanos to kill him. A Force Block would incapacitate him, though.

How?

skyfather

How many times has BRB been faced with someone who relies mainly on energy attacks?

It was a question, he has faced a few energy wielders in his time irrc.

Why didnt he absorb Tyrants blasts?

By the way made the claim, back it up with how often he does it compered to slugging/blasting please.

Enyalus
How?
...Pardon?

By...putting him in a block of pure force. The same type which stopped PG Thor and didn't stop Odin. no expression

Nihilist
Regardless, it's no indication that he can mentally control anyone.... He did it to Fallen one, and shut the Makers mind down(even though she was in mortal form, which doesnt matter here as all these guys Thanos are facing are mortal)

Kris Blaze
...Pardon?

By...putting him in a block of pure force. The same type which stopped PG Thor and didn't stop Odin. no expression

Seem to recall that coming with way of an energy wave.

And assume because he would be fighting a whole team.

It was a question, he has faced a few energy wielders in his time irrc.

Why didnt he absorb Tyrants blasts?

By the way made the claim, back it up with how often he does it compered to slugging/blasting please.

Because he threw his hammer at Tyrant and because Tyrant had not engaged him with energy blasts.

As far as battles go, I can only think of his battles against Stardust, Tyrant, Super Skrull, Ego and Loki where absorbing energy was a possibility. Loki didn't use energy blasts, he threw away his hammer against Tyrant, absorbed Stardust's attacks, absorbed Ego's energy and against the super skrull he only created a forcefield...

In this mind, this creates a likelyhood of 40% of him absorbing Thanos' energy? Like I mentioned before, there's the stipulation that he will do his utmost.

He did it to Fallen one, and shut the Makers mind down(even though she was in mortal form, which doesnt matter here as all these guys Thanos are facing are mortal)

You seem to miss the fact that both of those had been knocked UNCONSCIOUS before he attempt any kind of telepathy. Not to mention the fact that one of them did not even know his own name.

skyfather

Because he threw his hammer at Tyrant and because Tyrant had not engaged him with energy blasts.

As far as battles go, I can only think of his battles against Stardust, Tyrant, Super Skrull, Ego and Loki where absorbing energy was a possibility. Loki didn't use energy blasts, he threw away his hammer against Tyrant, absorbed Stardust's attacks, absorbed Ego's energy and against the super skrull he only created a forcefield...

In this mind, this creates a likelyhood of 40% of him absorbing Thanos' energy? Like I mentioned before, there's the stipulation that he will do his utmost.

So he only Absorbed energy attacks once then.

Kris Blaze
So he only Absorbed energy attacks once then.

He absorbed continous attacks from Ego and an attack from Stardust.

Nihilist

Maker was not unconscious as she was speaking to Thanos after he had blasted her onto her ass.Whats not knowing his name got to do with anything?.IIRC Thanos has never met Bill, so i doubt he knows his name either......

Kris Blaze
Maker was not unconscious as she was speaking to Thanos after he had blasted her onto her ass.Whats not knowing his name got to do with anything?.IIRC Thanos has never met Bill, so i doubt he knows his name either......

His name? I said, the maker did not know his OWN name, or her if you prefer. The Maker was originally "male" I guess. Regardless, the Maker could barely speak and was like a child, and especially weak to telepathy.

skyfather
He absorbed continous attacks from Ego and an attack from Stardust. So Bill has only done it a few times at the most, even going full out and in his character its not something he will always resort too.

Against Stardust it looks like he is just blocking Stardusts blast, and at first thier blast just hit each others blasts.

And it seems Bill it struggling to hold off or contain Stardusts blasts, and Thanos has a far greater energy output on average.

kgkg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_energyshield1.jpg

Surfer's energy attacks are nothing to Thanos. One time, he sat in his chair and took Surfer's shot to the face without flinching, then asked if him he was done. Another time, he blocked it with one hand. Surfer outputs far more power than JoH. And if Thanos is really worried - he does have good knowledge of what JoH can do - he's always got a forceblock handy. Morg has already been one-shotted by a lesser version of Thanos. Gladiator and BRB are the only ones who are a remote threat, and as said before, Thanos proved he was well above Thor multiple times. Look at how easily he held his own against WM Thor when BRB got trashed by him? Or how he was beating Thor with just two eye blasts in his first and weakest incarnation? That shows BRB won't be much trouble, either.

Thanos has only ever been blitzed by the Runner. And he's dealt with The Fallen One's bullrush easily before, so I see no problems there. His durability is far above anyone elses here. Plus Thanos can control his blasts, which will make it more difficult for BRB to absorb:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_ThanosEnergycontrol.jpg

Plus...his sheer blast speed:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_blastspeed1.jpghttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_blastspeed2.jpg

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_omnidirectional1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_omnidirectional2.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_omnidirectional3.jpg
Want me to continue?

Kris Blaze
So Bill has only done it a few times at the most, even going full out and in his character its not something he will always resort too.

Against Stardust it looks like he is just blocking Stardusts blast, and at first thier blast just hit each others blasts.

And it seems Bill it struggling to hold off or contain Stardusts blasts, and Thanos has a far greater energy output on average.

A few times at most?

ARE YOU LISTENING?

Beta Ray Bill has done it 2 out of 3 times he's been faced with an energy blast. And while it might look like it's hard on Bill, it's because the attack connects with him first. Absorbing energy takes nothing from him whatsover, like we saw against Ego.

Enyalus
Want me to continue?
Sure. Why not.

Better than listening to Kris say team wins because of Beta Ray-freakin'-Bill.

Raoul
Guys.

I've had to close one thread already because of baiting. I don't want to do it again.

KuRuPT Thanosi
A few times at most?

ARE YOU LISTENING?

Beta Ray Bill has done it 2 out of 3 times he's been faced with an energy blast. And while it might look like it's hard on Bill, it's because the attack connects with him first. Absorbing energy takes nothing from him whatsover, like we saw against Ego.

False... he was hit by Starbust blast and didn't absorb everything Stardust threw. So, you have only one example of him doing it and actually now that I think about the Ego fight wasn't he also hit by energy attacks but did absorb most? Point as you have conceded he's been hit in comics by energy blasts period. Point is it's also in character for him to engage and not just fly around absorb attacks and firing back. That isn't hin his character per most of his showings. You remember that little KMC rule about fighting in character Krissy? Thanks for proving my point that he has been hit in most of his battles and does engage physically in most of his battles. lol

Lastly, I ask again since you avoided one already.... Did Warlock have the Soul gem when Thanos wtf pwned him with an omni directional blast? You said Warlock was only high herald with the Soul gem well did he have it krissy?

Nihilist
His name? I said, the maker did not know his OWN name, or her if you prefer. The Maker was originally "male" I guess. Regardless, the Maker could barely speak and was like a child, and especially weak to telepathy. Jack,Ganymede at least would be effected by Thanos Tp which narrows the field considerably in Thanos favour.

Surfer has nothing to threaten Thanos with, same with Terrax.

That leaves Bill(presuming Thanos fires blast at Bill)he could absorb his blasts, but i dont see him absorbing ALL his energy as he never did it with Stardust,if Thanos starts to brawl/force block with Bill or Glads he wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Raoul
Guys.

I've had to close one thread already because of baiting. I don't want to do it again.

Nobody told him to make that thread Raoul. However, since it's Kris theory that BRB fighting at his best would never get hit by a Thanos blast nor engage thanos physcially. Which have already been proven false but regardless why does the thread have to be closed since by Kris account it's a fair match.

skyfather
A few times at most?

ARE YOU LISTENING?

He didnt do it on every energy attack from Stardust or Ego.

Kris Blaze
False... he was hit by Starbust blast and didn't absorb everything Stardust threw. So, you have only one example of him doing it and actually now that I think about the Ego fight wasn't he also hit by energy attacks but did absorb most? Point as you have conceded he's been hit in comics by energy blasts period. Point is it's also in character for him to engage and not just fly around absorb attacks and firing back. That isn't hin his character per most of his showings. You remember that little KMC rule about fighting in character Krissy? Thanks for proving my point that he has been hit in most of his battles and does engage physically in most of his battles. lol

So you resort to trolling?

You failed to counter the fact that BRB can absorb anything Thanos has.

You failed to counter the fact that BRB has absorbed more energy attacks than he has been "struck by".

You failed to counter the fact that every single time BRB has been doing his best, he has absorbed energy attacks.

You have NO KNOWLEDGE of this character and it's clear that you did not even bother to look at his respect thread. Where ALL of his fights are listed.

But here, let's have some fun. Looks like BRB redirected the energy right back at Stardust. In which scan is he being hit?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Stormbreaker0305-06.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Stormbreaker0307.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Stormbreaker0308.jpg

Jack,Ganymede at least would be effected by Thanos Tp which narrows the field considerably in Thanos favour.

Surfer has nothing to threaten Thanos with, same with Terrax.

That leaves Bill(presuming Thanos fires blast at Bill)he could absorb his blasts, but i dont see him absorbing ALL his energy as he never did it with Stardust,if Thanos starts to brawl/force block with Bill or Glads he wins.

Jack has telepathy on his own. Morg has affected Thanos in the past. Surfer has never hit Thanos with more than maybe 2 attacks. There's no reason why he would be continously unaffected by these attacks if The Thing and Masterson Thor can affect him.

Nobody told him to make that thread Raoul. However, since it's Kris theory that BRB fighting at his best would never get hit by a Thanos blast nor engage thanos physcially. Which have already been proven false but regardless why does the thread have to be closed since by Kris account it's a fair match.

If you had read some comics with Thor or BRB in them, you would realize that they can not move when absorbing great amounts of energy. When did I say that BRB would never engage Thanos physically? I said that he would absorb his energy attacks. A fight with BRB and Thanos would not be purely a blast battle, unless Thanos chooses so.

I don't need children like you to convey my messages. Especially not when you can't even interpret simple scans.

He didnt do it on every energy attack from Stardust or Ego.

Which ones didn't he do it on?

KuRuPT Thanosi
So you resort to trolling?

You failed to counter the fact that BRB can absorb anything Thanos has.

You failed to counter the fact that BRB has absorbed more energy attacks than he has been "struck by".

You failed to counter the fact that every single time BRB has been doing his best, he has absorbed energy attacks.

You have NO KNOWLEDGE of this character and it's clear that you did not even bother to look at his respect thread. Where ALL of his fights are listed.

But here, let's have some fun. Looks like BRB redirected the energy right back at Stardust. In which scan is he being hit?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Stormbreaker0305-06.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Stormbreaker0307.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Stormbreaker0308.jpg

Why do I need to counter that SB can absorb what Thanos can dish out? I never contradicted that statement. I only pointed out that and wanted to make sure you knew there was a limit to this. Nobody questions that he can do that.

Next, he was struck by stardust first blast was he not? The ego fight i'm not sure about but I seem to remember him also being stuck. So, your saying he was never hit by a blast from ego? Regardless, never at any point did I make a claim if he's been struck more times by blasts or less. Show me where I said this? Ooo right I didn't. My only point is that he HAS been hit by energy blasts and doesn't just block it all.

You failed to counter that him fighting in character means engaging them physically. So, then tell me Krissy how many fights has brb had to engaged physically with a foe...? I'm going to love this answer as we both know the answer. It's in his character to do so and in this fight it would be no different. You can claim thor would just absorb attack and re-direct them all day while flying around... Only problem is that isn't in his character to do so and he almost always engages and the same is true of BRB. Even if he didn't... thanos would polish this team off one by one and under your scenerio brb would be left and get wtf pwned as Thanos has many ways to win. How is BRB when it comes to mind rape? Transmutation? etc. Since you claim to be versed has he shown a resistance to these attacks ever?

Lastly, my post was edited after you responded. So, tell me Krissy did Warlock have the soul gem when thanos one shot killed him with said blast? YOu claimed warlock was only high herald with the soul gem and since I'm sure you've read the story...did he have it when he got owned in one blast?

Ha Son
Edit

TricksterPriest
Jesus christ.........facepalm Full capacity means nobody is jobbing and they will use all their abilities. Hell, these guys KNOW Thanos. They know what he can do. Of course they're going to go all out and use their best abilities. erm

Kris: While I agree with all your posts, I do need to point out one thing. "Warlock ain't high herald without his soul gem"

This is incorrect. He's actually MORE powerful without the gem. He was beating down Thor's ass in his early appearences. The gem eats into his cosmic energy supply and dampens those powers. It's a tradeoff, cause he also gets the karmic blast and other soul gem powers in exchange.

One question for the OP: Are they all working together? Because I recall Morg deciding to go axcrazy mid fight which hurt their teamwork considerably.

Kris Blaze
Why do I need to counter that SB can absorb what Thanos can dish out? I never contradicted that statement. I only pointed out that and wanted to make sure you knew there was a limit to this. Nobody questions that he can do that.

Next, he was struck by stardust first blast was he not? The ego fight i'm not sure about but I seem to remember him also being stuck. So, your saying he was never hit by a blast from ego? Regardless, never at any point did I make a claim if he's been struck more times by blasts or less. Show me where I said this? Ooo right I didn't. My only point is that he HAS been hit by energy blasts and doesn't just block it all.

You failed to counter that him fighting in character means engaging them physically. So, then tell me Krissy how many fights has brb had to engaged physically with a foe...? I'm going to love this answer as we both know the answer. It's in his character to do so and in this fight it would be no different. You can claim thor would just absorb attack and re-direct them all day while flying around... Only problem is that isn't in his character to do so and he almost always engages and the same is true of BRB. Even if he didn't... thanos would polish this team off one by one and under your scenerio brb would be left and get wtf pwned as Thanos has many ways to win. How is BRB when it comes to mind rape? Transmutation? etc. Since you claim to be versed has he shown a resistance to these attacks ever?

Lastly, my post was edited after you responded. So, tell me Krissy did Warlock have the soul gem when thanos one shot killed him with said blast? YOu claimed warlock was only high herald with the soul gem and since I'm sure you've read the story...did he have it when he got owned in one blast?

- Knew there was a limit? You didn't know the limit yourself, joke. I presented the limit, a limit THANOS CAN NOT REACH. Making that part of your post irrelevant.

- There's not much BRB can do against attacks that hit him from behind. Thanos won't SUDDENLY appear behind BRB, they know that they are fighting Thanos. That attack took place in a scenario which does not apply here.

- Thanos has never worked his telepathy on someone who is resisting. Just like he cannot BREACH any kind of telepathic defenses set up by Jack of Hearts AND Surfer. Telepathy isn't relevant here and Thanos has never displayed it while exhibiting other powers.

- Transmutation? Thanos has never, ever "Transmuted" anyone on BRB's level.

- Once again, of what relevance is Adam Warlock here? It's fair that he is a high herald and was beaten by Thanos' omni-direction attack. But that's irrelevant now that BRB can absorb omnidirectional attacks as well, like the ones Ego fired. So that won't be an option.

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Kris: While I agree with all your posts, I do need to point out one thing. "Warlock ain't high herald without his soul gem"

This is incorrect. He's actually MORE powerful without the gem. He was beating down Thor's ass in his early appearences. The gem eats into his cosmic energy supply and dampens those powers. It's a tradeoff, cause he also gets the karmic blast and other soul gem powers in exchange.

One question for the OP: Are they all working together? Because I recall Morg deciding to go axcrazy mid fight which hurt their teamwork considerably.

Karmic blast and soul suck are one of the reasons why he's on high herald. Without those I wouldn't put him there, but like I said, that's irrelevant.

And when they fought against Tyrant we can't lay it all on Morg. They were fighting hundreds of Tyrant's minions. We can see at least half of the team being occupied with fighting Tyrant's robots. That's why most of them fought him one on one, and why they did not work together.

Nihilist

Jack has telepathy on his own. Morg has affected Thanos in the past. Surfer has never hit Thanos with more than maybe 2 attacks. There's no reason why he would be continously unaffected by these attacks if The Thing and Masterson Thor can affect him.

Jack telepathy resistance is anywhwere near to what Thanos can do(oracle only temp knock Maker out,Thanos killed her)

Morg knocked him down thats it,Thanos easily put him down with a second blast.

Every time Surfer has hit Thanos with a blast he has either taken it with no effect or simply blocked it and when Surer has blasted Thanos, he has been extremely pissed off.

Thing never really effected him thought did he and that was pre death Thanos, Masterson Thor knocked Thanos on his ass with a hammer throw(Thanos has shown since he can easily stop Thor's hammer with a gesture), and he got the drop on him only after he had been engaging Spiderman, as well as Thor nailing from behind when they were all scrambling for the gauntlet and he was up in the next panel

Ha Son

laughing out loud So much fail.

darthgoober
In regards to Thanos's telepathy, he also taken down Classic Drax and Moondragon(back when she was able to dominate entire planets with her TP) using tp.

Kris Blaze
Jack telepathy resistance is anywhwere near to what Thanos can do(oracle only temp knock Maker out,Thanos killed her)

Morg knocked him down thats it,Thanos easily put him down with a second blast.

Every time Surfer has hit Thanos with a blast he has either taken it with no effect or simply blocked it and when Surer has blasted Thanos, he has been extremely pissed off.

Thing never really effected him thought did he and that was pre death Thanos, Masterson Thor knocked Thanos on his ass with a hammer throw(Thanos has shown since he can easily stop Thor's hammer with a gesture), and he got the drop on him only after he had been engaging Spiderman, as well as Thor nailing from behind when they were all scrambling for the gauntlet and he was up in the next panel

Oh what relevance is this nonsense? Thanos is affected by attacks from heralds. He's been seemingly unaffected by attacks from the Surfer, but everybody else affects him.

LMFAO!!! ORACLE?? laughing She is probably the worst telepath around, the Stepford cuckoos easily humiliated her and locked that joker in a telepathic horror sequence. The Oracle also only wanted to subdue the maker, which she did.

kgkg
Originally posted by Enyalus http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_energyshield1.jpg

I don't see how that shows he can attack while having a shield on. He held him in place -.- Thanos didn't have an active shield there? wink He used some sort of attack to hold him in place. What I was asking for was if he can attack when he has shields on he clearly did not have shield there. Even if he did he had to drop it to attack. In Thanos 12 before this scan he was standing on the rock with no shield .... (look near the end of my post for scan)

Again nothing shows he can even attack when he has shields on. I mean the battle with Champion was pretty clear on that note.

It's more that Surfer kobs to Thanos every time. Surfer's level energy output should be able to affect Thanos. If you solely going by how Thanos isn't affected by Surfer but the thruth is he has been hurt by less before. It's like be making a case that Thanos can't affect Surfer because he has taking blows from Korvac. Sure Thanos will be able to take Surfers blast fine but there are at least 4 more people attack and blitzing him. Far different story.

When was this? Also Morg was also hurt bullrushed Thanos also.

BRB has crazy energy outputs. Like i said earlier he can absorb thanos blast, while Surfer can heal the injured. As for your WM Thor example that's what Thanos excels at taking blow for blows it won't be the case here.

That's because only the Runner has really tired to blitz him. He was able to deal with Fallen One's bullrush because he he was like right beside him. B) he was expecting an attack and was prepared before Fallen even started the rush. Even Eros was able to temp gain speed advantage on Thanos. It's not that he can't handle one rush but there are multiple people that can attack faster than Thanos here.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/5576/thanosx.th.jpg
^ This was right before the blizt you posted i See no shield and as you can see <if you look at Thanos eyes> he was prepared for the attack before it even happen.

This is more like an energy discharge than anything. It's like SSJ power up. Nothing here shows this will have affect anybody important.

So we have a team that can Blitz him making it very hard to be offensive , can heal fallen comrades , Share power , absorb his attack with Stormbreaker etc.

Nihilist
Oh what relevance is this nonsense? Thanos is affected by attacks from heralds. He's been seemingly unaffected by attacks from the Surfer, but everybody else affects him.

LMFAO!!! ORACLE?? laughing She is probably the worst telepath around, the Stepford cuckoos easily humiliated her and locked that joker in a telepathic horror sequence. The Oracle also only wanted to subdue the maker, which she did. so you are trolling now!

it was a response to all your points

She wanted to subdue her,Thanos wanted to put her down for good, which he did..big difference.

Kris Blaze
so you are trolling now!

it was a response to all your points

She wanted to subdue her,Thanos wanted to put her down for good, which he did..big difference.

Thanos didn't kill her, but he put her in a permanent stasis. If he had killed her, then the maker would've been released. Why do you think Thanos asked the Fallen one to retrieve her later?? Why do you think the fallen one was looking over the Kyln wreckage?

My point was that you tried to make it seem as if the Oracle couldn't kill the maker, but she never tried to. The Oracle had no trouble shutting down the maker, and she is far, far below the stepford cuckoos. So how is this a telepathic feat to put him over the combined telepathic defenses of Surfer and JoH?

Nihilist
Thanos didn't kill her, but he put her in a permanent stasis. If he had killed her, then the maker would've been released. Why do you think Thanos asked the Fallen one to retrieve her later?? Why do you think the fallen one was looking over the Kyln wreckage?

My point was that you tried to make it seem as if the Oracle couldn't kill the maker, but she never tried to. The Oracle had no trouble shutting down the maker, and she is far, far below the stepford cuckoos. So how is this a telepathic feat to put him over the combined telepathic defenses of Surfer and JoH? Thanos "killed the mind" as he put it.

It's still the beyonders mind that got shut down, she/he was only vulnerable in a physical sense, and its unclear if Oracle could have killed her irrc she has never killed anyone like that before, and when she did delve in the makers mind to shut he down it eventually drove her insane, whilst it had no effect on Thanos.

As for the Cuckoos did all 3 take on Oracle?

Kris Blaze
Thanos "killed the mind" as he put it.

It's still the beyonders mind that got shut down, she/he was only vulnerable in a physical sense, and its unclear if Oracle could have killed her irrc she has never killed anyone like that before, and when she did delve in the makers mind to shut he down it eventually drove her insane, whilst it had no effect on Thanos.

As for the Cuckoos did all 3 take on Oracle?

There were 5 of them, and they did it effortlessly.

And it's just not impressive.

There's also a reason why he had to defeat the Maker before doing it.

Nihilist
So it took 5 of them..

The reason...he if he had destroyed her body and not her mind the Beyonder would have been released.

And as Goober said Thanos beat Moonndragon with Tp, back when she was able to dominate entire planets with TP(gonna re read it now for context)

Kris Blaze
And as Goober said Thanos beat Moonndragon with Tp, back when she was controlling planets

My point was that you tried to make it seem as if the Oracle couldn't kill the maker, but she never tried to. The Oracle had no trouble shutting down the maker, and she is far, far below the stepford cuckoos. So how is this a telepathic feat to put him over the combined telepathic defenses of Surfer and JoH?

Took all 5 of them? They NEED all 5 in order to produce any kind of formidable telepathy..... It's hardly 5 times Xavier we're talking about here. The 5 of them were a far-cry away from Emma Frost.

Nihilist
Took all 5 of them? They NEED all 5 in order to produce any kind of formidable telepathy..... It's hardly 5 times Xavier we're talking about here. The 5 of them were a far-cry away from Emma Frost. Didnt they only use 3 of them to contact all the other xmen who were in various places around the globe in WWH.

Mindset
Took all 5 of them? They NEED all 5 in order to produce any kind of formidable telepathy..... No they don't.

Mindset
Didnt they only use 3 of them to contact all the other xmen who were in various places around the globe in WWH. There are only three now.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Mindset
There are only three now. What happened to the other 2.

Mindset
Died

Nihilist
Originally posted by Mindset
Died What from.

Kris Blaze
What from.

One of them was killed by Magneto.

One of them died as they attacked Quentin Quire.

Survivor19
And about two thousand died in the Phoenix: Warsong.

Enyalus
1) Morg "affecting" Thanos consisted of him diving at him and taking him to the ground. Which Thanos proceeded to rectify by one-shotting him. Don't get cute with the semantics.

EDIT: For no purpose at all, I'll add that he's also one-shot Hiemdall. I forgot to add that to my list several posts ago.

2) Surfer was pissed off both times he used energy blasts against Thanos, leading anyone to the logical conclusion that they were not his standard, "Oh, let me hold back until I can talk this person out of doing evil." There's all the reason in the world to think he wouldn't be affected by continuous blasts from Surfer, since they've never hurt him before. This is the same being who can tank and walk through Odin's blasts. Surfer's aren't going to hurt him at all.
3) Thing never "affected" Thanos in any meaningful way, either. Thanos KO'd him with a flick of the wrist once, and again with a casual eye beam. And when Thing attempted to punch him? He was flung backwards onto his ass with Thanos not even flinching. And then there's him manhandling Thing & Hulk at the same time. Again, see #1's complaint.
4) Thanos let Masterson Thor affect him. We've seen what other, lesser idiots like Titana and Champion can do with it. Thanos was putting on a show. That's all.
5) Thing has also "affected" The Champion, Hulk, and...Galactus.

- Thanos has never worked his telepathy on someone who is resisting. Just like he cannot BREACH any kind of telepathic defenses set up by Jack of Hearts AND Surfer. Telepathy isn't relevant here and Thanos has never displayed it while exhibiting other powers.
Bullshit. Thanos has beaten a Mind Gem amped Moondragon on the astral plane before in a psychic duel. That qualifies as 'resisting.' He's also beaten Intelligent Drax with his TP while he was also resisting.

- Transmutation? Thanos has never, ever "Transmuted" anyone on BRB's level.
Ohhh, you're right! I mean, he's only ever transmuted someone with total control of their entire molecular structure before. How shitty.

Thanos isn't effected by herald-levelers and lower unless PIS is involved. Bullets have left welts on Thor's skin. Same PIS there.

Again nothing shows he can even attack when he has shields on. I mean the battle with Champion was pretty clear on that note.
I've explained this before. Against Champion he was using his tech's shields. Against The Fallen One, he used an energy shield from his personal energy stores. That's why Fallen One is seemingly stopped by 'energy' - because he's just run into Thanos' shield face first. Then Thanos blasts him away. He's got two different types of shielding. He probably used his energy shielding there because they were so close together and The Fallen One has FTL speed. Didn't have time to activate the tech.

It's more that Surfer kobs to Thanos every time. Surfer's level energy output should be able to affect Thanos. If you solely going by how Thanos isn't affected by Surfer but the thruth is he has been hurt by less before.
You're starting to sound like Kris now. No, Surfer's level of energy output shouldn't be able to affect Thanos, because Thanos has taken it before without having an issue. Just like he's tanked blasts from Odin which KO'd Surfer in one blow. Surfer jobbing? In both their fights (okay, first one wasn't a fight), Surfer was basically in character.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_CPU1_Thanos_Surfer1.jpg

When was this? Also Morg was also hurt bullrushed Thanos also.
To the first question: Cosmic Powers 5. To the second comment...what?

BRB has crazy energy outputs. Like i said earlier he can absorb thanos blast, while Surfer can heal the injured. As for your WM Thor example that's what Thanos excels at taking blow for blows it won't be the case here.
Yeah, if Thanos attempts to blast BRB. But considering he's fought Thor and knows about Mjolnir and what it can do, why would he? If Thanos goes H2H against BRB, the fight turns out like WM Thor vs. BRB did.

This is more like an energy discharge than anything. It's like SSJ power up. Nothing here shows this will have affect anybody important.
...Its an omnidirectional blast. And, I didn't post it, he's also used an omnidirectional blast to one-shot kill Warlock w/ Soul Gem. So yes, it is powerful.

For Kris:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_forceblock1.jpg

No energy discharge from the Force Block for Bill to absorb. Wasn't sure about that until I went back and looked. Couldn't do it earlier.

Kris Blaze
I can see yellow energy beams coming in from all around Odin. Which is pretty much the same as what took place against Ego. It would most likely put down BRB if they were fighting one on one, but not if they're on a team and BRB's duty is to absorb energy.

kgkg

quanchi112

kgkg
Originally posted by quanchi112
His face ran into something. I for one think it's a shield but either way it's within his abilities to stop someone with blazing speed from attacking him head on. Yes it ran into Thanos's attack not a Pre-made shield. Some sort of attack that stop Fallen One on his track. I don't see where the leap on in logic is coming from nothing indicated he had shield which prevented a blitz you can clearly see Thanos activity countering his hand being raised like telekinesis and he was ready for Fallen One blitz

The argument is that whether Thanos can attack while having his shield on. Those scan does not help prove that.

Nihilist
Yes it ran into Thanos's attack not a Pre-made shield. Some sort of attack that stop Fallen One on his track. I don't see where the leap on in logic is coming from nothing indicated he had shield which prevented a blitz you can clearly see Thanos activity countering his hand being raised like telekinesis and he was ready for Fallen One blitz

The argument is that whether Thanos can attack while having his shield on. Those scan does not help prove that. He used Tk while the energy is still radiating around him from his energy force shielding he stopped Fallen one with.

Enyalus

kgkg
He used Tk while the energy is still radiating around him from his energy force shielding he stopped Fallen one with. You see none of that all you see is 1.) Fallen one rushing and the second scans shows Thanos with his hand up in that same scan where Fallen One is stopped by a TK type attack.

It's fair to amuse there was no shield because

1.) You don't see any shield prior to the blitz or any mention of it( writers have always been clear when thanos has used his shield in the past) 2.) You don't see the shield being deactivated when Thanos is grabbing Fallen One 3.) You actually see how Thanos stooped him.

It's kinda farfetched come to the conclusion that Fallen One bumped into a shield into a shield when there are much better explanation.

Even if you guys are correct it still doesn't show how Thanos can attack when he has his shields up?

quanchi112
Yes it ran into Thanos's attack not a Pre-made shield. Some sort of attack that stop Fallen One on his track. I don't see where the leap on in logic is coming from nothing indicated he had shield which prevented a blitz you can clearly see Thanos activity countering his hand being raised like telekinesis and he was ready for Fallen One blitz

The argument is that whether Thanos can attack while having his shield on. Those scan does not help prove that. Or he just activated an invisible shield.

Your idea sounds plausible though, but either way it comes down to interpretation. Either way he can negate a speedblitz in this manner imo.

I see no reason to suggest he cannot attack while his shield is up.

Nihilist
You see none of that all you see is 1.) Fallen one rushing and the second scans shows Thanos with his hand up in that same scan where Fallen One is stopped by a TK type attack.

It's fair to amuse there was no shield because

1.) You don't see any shield prior to the blitz or any mention of it( writers have always been clear when thanos has used his shield in the past) 2.) You don't see the shield being deactivated when Thanos is grabbing Fallen One 3.) You actually see how Thanos stooped him.

It's kinda farfetched come to the conclusion that Fallen One bumped into a shield into a shield when there are much better explanation.

Even if you guys are correct it still doesn't show how Thanos can attack when he has his shields up? When Thanos first appears before Fallen one there is no green energy signature radiating near him at all, once he raises his hands the energy is there.Once Fallen one has smashed into the energy shield and is taken aback from Thanos then he uses TK on Fallen one by hurtling some asteroids at him whilst the Energy signature still radiating all around him.

quanchi112
Here Thanos is clearly attacking with the use of his shields against Omega. I can't believe anyone would question whether he could attack with his shields up.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/27-4.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/28-3.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/30-8.jpg

Lord S
Here Thanos is clearly attacking with the use of his shields against Omega. I can't believe anyone would question whether he could attack with his shields up.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/30-8.jpg God Spider-man was so out of place in that story...

kgkg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/30-8.jpg Where is he attacking with his shield active?

quanchi112
Where is he attacking with his shield active? His shields were active the whole time. It was mentioned after Omega laid the smack down on him that due to those three and his armor that was the reason he survived.

The Nuul
What comic is that?

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Nuul
What comic is that? Infinity abyss issue 6.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.