Galen Marek - Could he have rebuilt the Jedi Order along with Luke?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Here's a question that I have been thinking for awhile, but couldn't phrase it properly. If Marek survived the Death Star and Kota became his formal Master, would he have been the one to rebuild the Jedi Order? It is safe to assume that each Master who survived knew the whereabouts of another Master so for arguments sake, would Kota have sent Marek to Yoda to complete his training? If Marek completed his training and crossed paths with Luke on after the Battle of Endor, would Marek and Luke have the abilty to rebuild the Order?

Dr McBeefington
How would Marek have rebuilt the Jedi Order? He knew absolutely nothing of the Jedi, and someone more powerful than him came about later. Maybe if he had some Jedi training.. I think that Yoda and Obi Wan were waiting for the Skywalker twins to reach their intended age so they can train them in the force. It's tough to tell though. Luke and Marek together would have really posed a problem for Palpatine.

The Ground
Wait you mean together? Well, Luke proved he can so I can assume that 2 of them could do the same thing.

Captain REX
How do you know that Kota knew that Yoda or Kenobi was alive? I very much doubt he did.

Dr McBeefington
I don't think anybody knew about Yoda and Obi Wan being alive.

ares834
Regardless many other Jedi survived the purge yet none of them helped Luke rebuild the order. I doubt Galen Marek would either. ANyways, what is the point of this thread? It seems useless.

Gideon
TFU makes it quite clear that General Kota was a contact of Bail Organa, likely part of a shadowy network of informants. Lest we forget, Organa was the one who rescued both Obi-Wan and Yoda from Order 66, facilitated their infilitration of the Jedi Temple, rescued Yoda again after his fight with Palpatine, and then gave them refuge to decide how best to handle Luke and Leia.

So while he probably didn't know, the possibility that he could have known is quite easily.

And I'm not sure. The combination of Galen and Luke together would be enough, certainly, in terms of power, but then they'd be elevated as threats in Palpatine's eyes; he'd burn the galaxy down to find and kill them.

kotorfan
Assuming he could kill them.. well he could kill Luke no problem, but without the distraction of the stormtroopers, could Palpy have killed Galen? I kno in wookiepedia, it said Galen was no match for palps, but I had always felt that his Majin Vegeta death was really lame, although sad and cool at the same time.

The Ground
You answered your own question.

Lord Lucien
Vegeta's death was cool. Marek's was noble, but visually unexciting.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by ares834
Regardless many other Jedi survived the purge yet none of them helped Luke rebuild the order. I doubt Galen Marek would either.

That's because they were all in hiding. Their survival depended on staying off the radar and having little to no contact with the outside galaxy.

Had Galen survived and continued his training under Kota and/or Yoda, then he would not have hidden away. He most likely would have re-built the Jedi. At the very least he would have teamed up with Luke and been a powerful ally.

Lord Lucien
I could see him taking Luke in under his wing. And some sorta disagreement between Kota and Obi-Wan resulting in hilarity.

Captain REX
Or a strange sitcom.

The real question may be WOULD Galen rebuild the Order?

Lord Lucien
I'm sure with some prodding by Kota and Organa he'd give it a go.

Major Valerian
Along with Luke.

Placidity
Just going by the game, I always thought Marek could have defeated the Emperor.

I mean he's pretty much been running a gauntlet killing many Jedi Masters and then finally trashed Vader.

We all know Palpatine is a chicken shit when it comes to lightsaber combat. I think if Galen whipped out his saber instead of trying to absorb the lightning, it would've been a different story (similar to Mace using his saber vs Yoda trying to absorb in ROTS).

WO Polaski
considering sideous killed galen in that very game im not really sure why youd think that. and mace used vapaad something galen doesnt have the luxery of using.

Placidity
Originally posted by WO Polaski
considering sideous killed galen in that very game im not really sure why youd think that. and mace used vapaad something galen doesnt have the luxery of using.

Maybe you should read that last paragraph, it would help tremendously. You also don't need to know vapaad to block lightning with your lightsaber.

WO Polaski
you need to know vapaad if youre dealing with the strongest user of lightning in the entire mythos. how do you think lightning is absorbed into the lightsaber? like its a lightning rod? lol dont be such an idiot. you use the force to draw the lightning to the lightsaber. so if the lightning is strong enough to overwhelm you when you try to absorb it with just the force itll overwhelm you just as easily if you try to use a lightsaber.

and your last paragraph proves my point.

mace was using vapaad in that instance when he used his lightsaber. roll eyes (sarcastic) if he hadnt he would have been overwhelmed and even with vapaad and the superconducting loop it creates he was barely able to contain sideous lightning.

so no it wouldnt have been that easy. obviously, you dont really know what youre talking about so i wont press the matter.

Placidity
you need to know vapaad if youre dealing with the strongest user of lightning in the entire mythos

Thats a nice opinion. Where do you get this from?

mace was using vapaad in that instance when he used his lightsaber. roll eyes (sarcastic) if he hadnt he would have been overwhelmed and even with vapaad and the superconducting loop it creates he was barely able to contain sideous lightning.

so no it wouldnt have been that easy. obviously, you dont really know what youre talking about so i wont press the matter.

Yea Mace was using vapaad, everyone knows that. Again, where do you get this information that vapaad must be used to counter "strongest user of lightning in the entire mythos"?

Also, no need to be a complete dickhead about it.

Placidity

You know what? It seems Galen does use Vapaad.

Geez, what was all that "I guess you don't know anything" talk.

Next time, before going on a power trip for no good reason, check your facts first.

Nephthys
It's no good just being right, you need to be a dick to everyone who doesn't agree with you. Right?

http://b5.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00641/59/44/641144495_s.gif

Feel the anger swell. Grrrrr.

WO Polaski
Originally posted by Placidity
Thats a nice opinion. Where do you get this from?

every person that has gone up against sideous' lighting has failed except for mace and luke, luke being the strongest force user in the entire mythos. its already been stated canonically that it was it was mace's use of vapaad that allowed him to snag the victory. maybe i should extrapolate regardless.

needs to know vapaad if he's dealing with the strongest user of lightning in the entire mythos.

let me ask you: where do you get the idea that using a lightsaber in tandem with the force is somehow much easier then using just the force and that that will somehow change galen's fate? when galen fought sideous the novel describes him as an avatar of the force or something similar, meaning that that moment he was at his very peak of his abilities, in fact, beyond what he could normally accomplish. so what makes you think that galen using every droplet and more of his force talents and still failing miserably (sideous wasnt even slightly injured not even scratched) can somehow pull a win simply because of using a lightsaber?

this set me off. i dont like smart aleks and i dont like sarcastic individuals and im very vindictive. if you dont want to be treated like an ass then dont act like one. also no one is forcing you to talk to me. if you dont reply i wont be sad i can assure you.

You know what? It seems Galen does use Vapaad.

Geez, what was all that "I guess you don't know anything" talk.

Next time, before going on a power trip for no good reason, check your facts first.

really and where is this stated? only three people used vappad mace depa and i believe sora bulq are the only ones who knew so how could he possibly learn it lol.

Placidity
really and where is this stated? only three people used vappad mace depa and i believe sora bulq are the only ones who knew so how could he possibly learn it lol.

Well, Galen knew Juyo, which I assume is close enough. Afterall, it is listed as the same entry as Vaapad in the 7 lightsabre combat styles.

Another thing I want to discuss is that apparently Galen 'sacrificed' himself. Perhaps Galen did something more than just absorb it and in the process try to take out Palpatine with him?

I mean Yoda pretty much did the same thing, yet the force 'explosion/overload' didn't kill him or hurt him much. Its also weird that Palpatine didn't get hurt by it, as the effects of the 'explosion' should effect all parties as shown in his force battle vs Yoda.

Nevertheless, I still feel Galen could have forced a Saber fight somehow. A Saber throw or something perhaps...

I dunno, Palps has a history of being a chicken shit in saber combat, he has never won a saber fight in the films. I figured someone who completely trashed Vader could take him on.

WO Polaski
juyo existed before mace windu came along. its just that it was so aggressive that the jedi considered it to be an incomplete form. mace came along and created vapaad which is juyo but complete in that the aggression and rage of the style is converted into positive energy. he taught it to depa and sora bulq helped him make it. sora bulq was killed in the clone wars and depa went insane so no one was around to teach galen or galen's master vader. galen knows regular juyo which means no super conducting loop or any of the real cool stuff. xD

i think galen sacrificed himself in that he knew he couldnt win against the emperor only delay him. the sacrifice was that he was going to die but in doing so hed give bail and co. the time they needed to escape. your theory might be possible though i dont know.

i think sideous may have used some sort of bubble shield or something lol. i agree though that its a bit strange that his clothing was barely even ruffled.

i dont know if galen could have beaten the emperor in lightsaber fight but hed have a better chance doing that engaging him in a force battle. i dont think sideous touched his lightsaber in years.

and by the by i dont have aything against you as a person. like i said before i get bitchy when people get smart with me is all. i apologize for jumping down your throat.

Placidity

and by the by i dont have aything against you as a person. like i said before i get bitchy when people get smart with me is all. i apologize for jumping down your throat.

haha no problem. And I'll cut down in the sarcasm department next time.

Slash_KMC

Placidity
^ Ok, but the three that he took down in RotS did not look very impressive, in fact they looked like amateurs.

I mean it only took Palps one stab, and it wasn't super fast or any sort of flashy move. I mean, as Jedi MASTERS, I think they should've lasted longer than that.

And the main reason why I say Palps is chicken shit at saber combat is because he tried to avoid Yoda when challenged to a duel. During the lightsaber duel he was being dominated when engaged in saber locks. If he didn't switch to fighting a force battle, IMO, Yoda would have bested him just as Windu did. He just doesn't seem to be the very top when it comes to Saber fights, as he has always switched to using Force lightning and avoiding saber fights altogether.

Also, I think the fact that Galen beat Shaak Ti and Vader in lightsaber combat counts for something no? He's no slouch in the force either, bringing down a Star Destroyer.

BTW I'm very new to the SW section, no idea who CM is lol.

Slash_KMC
^ Ok, but the three that he took down in RotS did not look very impressive, in fact they looked like amateurs.

I mean it only took Palps one stab, and it wasn't super fast or any sort of flashy move. I mean, as Jedi MASTERS, I think they should've lasted longer than that.

The only reason they didn't look impressive is because they wanted to make clear how much better Sidious is compared to them. If they had put up a fight, that would only make Sidious look worse.

That's exactly it, Mace Windu and Yoda are the only ones who could beat Sidious in pure lightsaber combat during the time of the films. They are the top 3 most powerful force users in both trilogies.

Shaak Ti and Vader would both be slaughtered by Sidious in lightsaber combat.

CM is Chilled Monkey, he uses the same kind of logic as you do.

Eminence
Slash
They are the top 3 most powerful force users in both trilogies.Vader is considerably stronger than Mace.

Fact.

I dunno, I still thought some of it was sarcasm...

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Eminence
Vader is considerably stronger than Mace.

Pics or it didn't happen isn't true.

Your overload of faith disturbs me.

Lord Lucien

I mean it only took Palps one stab, and it wasn't super fast or any sort of flashy move. I mean, as Jedi MASTERS, I think they should've lasted longer than that. Lol, that's a nice opinion. No but the truth is, Fisto, Tinn, and Kolar were among the Order's finest swordsmen---felled in seconds.

And the main reason why I say Palps is chicken shit at saber combat is because he tried to avoid Yoda when challenged to a duel. During the lightsaber duel he was being dominated when engaged in saber locks. If he didn't switch to fighting a force battle, IMO, Yoda would have bested him just as Windu did. He just doesn't seem to be the very top when it comes to Saber fights, as he has always switched to using Force lightning and avoiding saber fights altogether. Sidious tried to run from Yoda because he knew there was a decent chance he wouldn't survive against the "greatest foe the Dark had ever known", or some description along those lines. In the Rotunda battle, Sidious may have been inferior to Yoda's lightsaber skills (not by much), but he found it more than adequate to disarm and defeat Yoda with just the Force. Same thing would've occurred if Galen had tried.

Not to mention, when you're facing down a barrage of the most intense purple lightning ever, chances are you're not gonna be able to whip out a saber anyways.

Also, I think the fact that Galen beat Shaak Ti and Vader in lightsaber combat counts for something no? He's no slouch in the force either, bringing down a Star Destroyer.

BTW I'm very new to the SW section, no idea who CM is lol. Just to top it off, Sidious>>Ti and Vader in the saber department. And Garek redirected a falling SD, he didn't bring it down himself. And as Gideon has reminded us a fair few times, the official Star Wars databank entry on Marek states along the lines that "he was ultimately no match for the Emperor."

Eminence
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Pics or it didn't happen isn't true.nevar. mace is better

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Eminence
nevar. mace is better

This guy knows. *Points at this guy*

Captain REX
Has this turned into a versus thread?

kotorfan
Originally posted by Captain REX
Has this turned into a versus thread?

Hey what is this RPG you speak of in your signature?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.