Monkey D. Luffy Versus Samurai Jack

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XanatosForever
I honestly have no clue if this is spite in either direction. If it is, then I'll just get it closed.

So! Jack confronts Aku once again, and has him on the verge of defeat. This time, Aku considers Jack too dangerous to keep in his realm, so he opens a portal in reality, sending jack into the Grand Line. He crashes onto the Strawhat crew's ship, trashing Luffy's lunch. Let the battle begin!

KingD19
Luffy wins, he fought Zoro, who has much better feats than Jack.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by KingD19
Luffy wins, he fought Zoro, who has much better feats than Jack. Lol.

XanatosForever
Is that laughter for or against that statement? o.O

ThunderGodEneru
Against.

Preposterous ignorance.

XanatosForever
So you think Jack stands a chance?

ThunderGodEneru
Oh no.

I think Jack stomps.

XanatosForever
I must admit I'm rather surprised by your claim. I would have expected you to side with Luffy. o.O

Care to put some supporting evidence? If this is annoying, by the by, I apologize. I'm just trying to promote discussion and whatnot.

King Kandy
Jack could kill Luffy easy.

Slaanesh
Luffy..

KingD19
Gears anybody?

King Kandy
Gears anybody?
Are going to do what exactly to Jack?

Slaanesh
beat him to death no expression

KingD19
^QFT

Jack's never went up against anybody with speed and strength like Luffy.

Quincy
I've seen a few episodes of Samurai Jack, but I don't really recall him doing anything that would lead to me believe he could beat Luffy in a fight mhmm

ThunderGodEneru
Well let us see.

He has jumped hundreds of feet in the air with 10-20 ton boulders, lifted a 700 ton sumo, has survived re-entry into the atmosphere, is fast enough to effortlessly block minigun bullets with one hand, fought the Scotsman for what was I believe three days(by memory, could be wrong) non-stop, killed a group of bounty hunters before a drop of rain hit the ground, regularly displays speed to kill several men without appearing to have drawn his sword, let alone move, and his sword itself is very broken, Luffy already has a weakness to swords(at least compared to his blunt damage resistance), Jack's sword will slice through him clean like butter.

There are few people in OPverse Jack could not beat, it would take a powerful Logia to take him out, and only if they were at a distance, because Jack could very possibly cut them.

King Kandy
Don't forget, there was one time I believe when Jack was in a bar and a bunch of bounty hunters were, and then they all just fell over dead (well they explode since everyone's a robot in that show), nobody even saw him move.

KingD19
Luffy was trapped between two buildings, and pushed them away from him.

He ripped the front end off of a ship.

Luffy routinely blocks, anticipates, and dodges attacks that are too fast to see, or he shouldn't be able to see.

When he uses his Gear 2nd, his attacks happen so fast, they produce sonic booms.

And before he got the gears, he was fighting Kuro, whose Shakushi is about the same speed as Soru. With Gear 2nd, he overcame that speed, moving faster than Lucci.

Gear 3rd makes his body parts so big and hard, Jack won't have the strength to cut through it, or dodge the hit.

King Kandy
Gear 3rd makes his body parts so big and hard, Jack won't have the strength to cut through it, or dodge the hit.
Jack's sword can cut anything ever since it got amped post-ultra robot fight.

KingD19
It can cut anything, but if he doesn't have the strength to cut through it, then it's meaningless. Adamantium can cut through anything, but Logan can't, since he's not strong enough to generate enough force to cut through anything.

King Kandy
It can cut anything, but if he doesn't have the strength to cut through it, then it's meaningless. Adamantium can cut through anything, but Logan can't, since he's not strong enough to generate enough force to cut through anything.
Speaking of Admantium, Jack has cut through it. It's not a matter of arm strength, other things act like butter under his sword, requiring no strength to cut.

KingD19
Now that I think about it, Jack can't even use his sword against those who aren't evil. So he'll have to go hand to hand with Luffy.

King Kandy
Now that I think about it, Jack can't even use his sword against those who aren't evil. So he'll have to go hand to hand with Luffy.
That's been very inconsistent. Aku couldn't hurt Jack with the sword, but Jack used it to kill that viking trapped in stone who was a legendary hero. I think it cut Scotsman as well.

strifex6
Jack FTW

XanatosForever
I'm sorry, should I have specified that this wasn't to the death? I figured the scenario made it fairly clear that it's a scuffle based on misunderstanding. I can't imagine Luffy actually slaughtering some guy for ruining his lunch. erm

In any case, yeah, this is pretty much TKO.

ThunderGodEneru
Luffy was trapped between two buildings, and pushed them away from him.

He ripped the front end off of a ship.

Luffy routinely blocks, anticipates, and dodges attacks that are too fast to see, or he shouldn't be able to see.

When he uses his Gear 2nd, his attacks happen so fast, they produce sonic booms.

And before he got the gears, he was fighting Kuro, whose Shakushi is about the same speed as Soru. With Gear 2nd, he overcame that speed, moving faster than Lucci.

Gear 3rd makes his body parts so big and hard, Jack won't have the strength to cut through it, or dodge the hit. 1. Not as heavy as 700 tons.

2. See above.

3. K. Jack actually moves that fast consistently throughout the show, killing large groups of bounty-hunters before they can fire their weapons.

4. Not as fast as you may think sir.

5. He was barely able to react to Kuro, who was still much faster than Luffy. And Soru/Gear Second have not been proven to be as fast as Jack.

6. Right, because size is clearly a problem because he fights gargantuan enemies all the time, and density is clearly a problem, because he cut right through Adamantium.

King Kandy
Don't forget, Jack survived earth re-entry unprotected.

ThunderGodEneru
Said that already.

Endless Mike
Jack would win, he is faster going by feats and his sword could cut Luffy (it cannot be wielded by evil people but it can cut good people).

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Jack would win, he is faster going by feats and his sword could cut Luffy (it cannot be wielded by evil people but it can cut good people).

Is that the stipulation on his weapon? Good to know. Thanks, Mike.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Endless Mike

This is more correct.

It's not that Jack couldn't be cut by tye sword, it that Aku couldn't cut Jack with the sword. Read that a few times, guys, and it will make more sense.

Also, he killed that Viking for a good reason. I don't see why it wouldn't allow him to do something good with his sword.

King Kandy
Also when that "mad jack" was created it's sword (which was the same as his) could cut him, even though it was evil and he was good. Which is why i'm inclined to say that time it didn't work was just a one-off plot device.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by King Kandy
Also when that "mad jack" was created it's sword (which was the same as his) could cut him, even though it was evil and he was good. Which is why i'm inclined to say that time it didn't work was just a one-off plot device.

Actually, "Mad Jack" was born from Jack's rage, and the catalyst was Jack's sandal. More likely, the "Mad Jack's" sword was carbon copy. He wielded it because he was an extension of Jack.

King Kandy
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Actually, "Mad Jack" was born from Jack's rage, and the catalyst was Jack's sandal. More likely, the "Mad Jack's" sword was carbon copy. He wielded it because he was an extension of Jack.
And that changes something? I know who mad Jack is, I've seen the episode. He could hurt Jack with a copy of his sword, which provides more proof the sword can hurt good people.

KingD19
With an evil copy, Mad Jack was an evil copy of Jack, just as the sword was a corrupted version of Jacks blade.

dadudemon
Originally posted by dadudemon
This is more correct.

It's not that Jack couldn't be cut by tye sword, it that Aku couldn't cut Jack with the sword. Read that a few times, guys, and it will make more sense.

Also, he killed that Viking for a good reason. I don't see why it wouldn't allow him to do something good with his sword.

Holy shit, guys. Sorry about all of those atrocious typos.

Lemme retype it:

"It's not that Jack couldn't be cut by the sword, it's that Aku couldn't cut Jack with the sword."

I am using a wirless keyboard and I'm sitting several feet back form the monitor so I can't see when I make a typo or when the keyboard starts skipping characters.

Edit: Notice above how it missed the "e" in "wireless". DOH!

This is...not perfectly accurate.

The sword was by no means the same as Jack's sword.

In fact, that Jack was very much a metaphor. "Conquering inner demons." was the point of that episode. However, he was "real". Hard for me really put how it was. The "sword" used by Evil Jack was not an exact replica. As Jack became more enraged, so did evil jack. Best way I can describe it is comparing it to Ichigo's inner hallow, except it was real.

King Kandy
Er, it was the same. "Mad Jack" was just Jack, except... mad. And was created by Aku. Physically the two were the same.

dadudemon
Er, it was the same. "Mad Jack" was just Jack, except... mad. And was created by Aku. Physically the two were the same.

So, you're saying that Aku could create a sword as powerful as Jack's, huh? So why didn't he do so from the beginning?

smile

ThunderGodEneru
Indeed.

Hell, Jack's sword was created by three beings who defeated Aku.

XanatosForever
Mad Jack was as strong as Jack, because he was Jack.

Slaanesh
who cares..Luffy still beats him to death..

King Kandy
So, you're saying that Aku could create a sword as powerful as Jack's, huh? So why didn't he do so from the beginning?

smile
It was created from Jack himself. He needed Jack to be in a state where he himself could provide the new form.

dadudemon
It was created from Jack himself. He needed Jack to be in a state where he himself could provide the new form.

Sooo....

So, you're saying that Aku could create a sword as powerful as Jack's, huh? So why didn't he do so from the beginning? smile

King Kandy
Sooo....

So, you're saying that Aku could create a sword as powerful as Jack's, huh? So why didn't he do so from the beginning? smile
Because Jack wasn't in a state where he could have a copy made of him.

Look, if you're trying to argue that Mad Jack's sword was weaker than Jack's, you're wrong. They were exactly equal, if Jack's sword was better he could have won that fight instead of it being a stalemate.

XanatosForever
Sooo....

Aku didn't create the sword. He took Jack's rage and gave it a physical form. Everything else was, essentially, in Jack's mind.

XanatosForever
So it's been a few years, but this was probably one of my more successful threads. That and I still like both characters. Let's see how time has changed the outcome.

To recap the OP: Aku makes Jack bugger off to OPverse, where he crash lands in the middle of Luffy's lunch. Luffy, being Luffy, is very upset at the ruined meat and wants to beat up Jack because of it. The other Strawhats stay out of the fight unless Luffy loses.

A few different scenarios this time:

1) Butthurt brawl on the deck. CIS is on, so no outright killing.

2) It was some really good meat. Luffy is bloodlusted, Jack stays in character.

3) Jack is also raging at his missed opportunity with Aku. Bloodlust on for both fighters.

Pre-timeskip and post timeskip Luffy, for comparison. So that means y'all need to give me six answers. Make 'em good. estahuh

NemeBro
Post-timeskip Luffy would beat Jack, honestly.

XanatosForever
Heh, I figured that'd be the case, but come on. Put some effort into it. Plenty of stuff to write about for pre-timeskip, at least. stick out tongue Stop being so lazy, Bro.

cdtm
Originally posted by NemeBro
killed a group of bounty hunters before a drop of rain hit the ground

Good list. big grin

And these weren't just normal hunters either, they had some pretty good attacks. The female leader was pretty quick, too.

He's also had his face scrape up against the side of a mountain as he was falling down the side of a mountain while fighting an ice monster, to no damage.

And than there's his defeat of the three blind archers, who decimated a sizable robot army in seconds.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.