Can't Vader find a way to use lightning?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Happy_Sith
Hmm.

I think the Force Lightning being able to injure non-organic tissue but not organic is odd, but if it is canon... fine. Do confirm though, because I am unsure.

I am thinking however that Vader could perhaps use part of his organic tissue to produce lightning. I know he needs a pressurized suit, but perhaps when we reach ANH he can let himself go a bit. No?

He would have the Emperor's finest surgeons at hand, so I wonder if there was ever a time in which he commanded them to let him let go with the lightning?

Discuss.

kotorfan
He did use lightning with that crystal... in the book Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Also He may have had a way, since trioculus used it with out being force sensitive.. lol

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by kotorfan
He did use lightning with that crystal... in the book Splinter of the Mind's Eye.

Ya.

Some say that this is not really canon.

It gets the "weird" label, though I have not checked it out myself.

Lord Lucien
I've always wondered why Vader never went for having organic limbs cloned or something.

Happy_Sith
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I've always wondered why Vader never went for having organic limbs cloned or something.

Yeah!

He could have had even better limbs than before!

Lord Lucien
My own theory is that his Dark Side-brimming body would reject such a procedure.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Happy_Sith
Hmm.

I think the Force Lightning being able to injure non-organic tissue but not organic is odd, but if it is canon... fine. Do confirm though, because I am unsure.

I am thinking however that Vader could perhaps use part of his organic tissue to produce lightning. I know he needs a pressurized suit, but perhaps when we reach ANH he can let himself go a bit. No?

He would have the Emperor's finest surgeons at hand, so I wonder if there was ever a time in which he commanded them to let him let go with the lightning?

Discuss.

Well, if lacking organic tissue is the reason for Vader being unable to use lightning, it's kind of stupid. I mean, he could shoot lightning out of his nose if that was the case. I think GL's just covering his ass because he didn't think of lightning until about five minutes before he filmed the finale of RotJ.

Happy_Sith
Yes.

I wish Lucas would just overrule some of his decisions.

In KOTOR, every Tom Dick and Harry uses lightning (game mechanics - yes, yes, but I am talking of impressions) but Vader can't?

Bah. Humbug.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.