Mongul vs. Beta Ray Bill

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Can Bill take down Mongul with rings?

Lord Feron
Hmm good fight but i'm gonna go with BRB

Kris Blaze
Rings AND Mongul? Don't think so.

quanchi112
BrB wins.

guy222
BRB

iceman24567
Mongul wins

Enyalus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
BRB absorbs anything Mongul throws at him, am I right Kris?

If Mongul tries going H2H, he gets owned. BRB's stronger and more durable.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Enyalus
BRB absorbs anything Mongul throws at him, am I right Kris?

If Mongul tries going H2H, he gets owned. BRB's stronger and more durable.

Mongul's style is too physical, he's not a blaster-type.

And despite your smug remark, BRB is not a part of a team here.

Enyalus
And despite your smug remark, BRB is not a part of a team here.
It was phrased sarcastically, but I was completely serious about it. My bad. The rings should be a non-factor with Stormbreaker, unless Mongul uses it to amp his physical stats...which, I don't think he's done.

Mongul is a better brawler than BRB, but he's almost certainly weaker strength-wise. And durability-wise. Few planet destroying blows from BRB and that should be all she wrote.

Yes, I am taking into account ring shielding in this assessment.

cloud102
Toss up.

Slaanesh
Mongul

id369
He did well against Arkillo and some GL members. I would think this would be a great clash, given that both are predominantly brawlers.

Enyalus
And then proceeded to get overpowered by Yat without any superhuman stats or Ion Power to tap into, just regular one-ring GL.

He and his five rings, or however many he has, are overrated. Especially in this fight.

id369
And then proceeded to get overpowered by Yat without any superhuman stats or Ion Power to tap into, just regular one-ring GL.

He and his five rings, or however many he has, are overrated. Especially in this fight.

How did he get over powered?

iceman24567
Yat was damn near bloodlusted and it was a cheap shot he knew he couldn't win. Why ignore the context Quan?

Digi

Current Mongul, who was getting one-shotted by Krypto before the ring(s). Number of rings shouldn't matter, btw. I thought it was established with Hal that extra rings didn't = extra power. Might be wrong there though.

But I've always been of the mind that the epic energy soak of Mjolnir (or Stormbreaker) is a huge advantage for them over any GL. BRB's a brawler, yes. But he knows how to absorb energy and redirect it. Therefore, under KMC rules, he would do so. As such, the ring is at worst neutralized and at best turned into a weapon against Mongul.

Bill 8/10.

Enyalus
Originally posted by iceman24567
Yat was damn near bloodlusted and it was a cheap shot he knew he couldn't win. Why ignore the context Quan?
Dude I'm not ignoring anything. I'm not talking about his suckerpunch bullrush from behind.

I'm talking about him punching right through Mongul's rhino constructs with his own. Without superhuman attributes backing him. Without the Ion Power backing him. Mongul got overpowered by Yat with one GL ring. That's how it was, that's how I told it.

iceman24567
Nah Mongul wasnt prepared for the assault. Yat knew this thats why he wanted to use the Ion force and thats why he went to extremes to get it or he would just have killed Mongul. Yat without Ion force or superhuman abilities would have been boned he knew it Mongul knew and thats how it really was.

id369
He stood up to 9 Green Lanterns, including Ion. That is an impressive feat.

Enyalus
Nah Mongul wasnt prepared for the assault. Yat knew this thats why he wanted to use the Ion force and thats why he went to extremes to get it or he would just have killed Mongul. Yat without Ion force or superhuman abilities would have been boned he knew it Mongul knew and thats how it really was.
I don't recall ever arguing for GL Yat to beat a multi-SC ring Mongul...

I said he got overpowered by Yat. Which happened. And Mongul seemed fully prepared, even trash-talking about the 'Death Wish' thing beforehand. If GL Yat can overpower his constructs and abilities, you know BRB would be able to.

iceman24567

I said he got overpowered by Yat. Which happened. And Mongul seemed fully prepared, even trash-talking about the 'Death Wish' thing beforehand. If GL Yat can overpower his constructs and abilities, you know BRB would be able to. He overpowered him for moments if thats your reasoning for giving Bill the W i won't argue

id369

I said he got overpowered by Yat. Which happened. And Mongul seemed fully prepared, even trash-talking about the 'Death Wish' thing beforehand. If GL Yat can overpower his constructs and abilities, you know BRB would be able to.
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3074/glc02616.th.jpg

detective

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/1861/glc3617.th.jpg

jrodslam
Originally posted by Digi
Number of rings shouldn't matter, btw. I thought it was established with Hal that extra rings didn't = extra power. Might be wrong there though.

Youre right Digi. Its all in the mind. The more rings someone has, the more they have it in their mind that they are more powerful when in actuality its not the case. Because its in the mind, they tend to have more will power than normal thus having extra kick in their blast, constructs, etc.

id369

Kris Blaze
It was phrased sarcastically, but I was completely serious about it. My bad. The rings should be a non-factor with Stormbreaker, unless Mongul uses it to amp his physical stats...which, I don't think he's done.

Mongul is a better brawler than BRB, but he's almost certainly weaker strength-wise. And durability-wise. Few planet destroying blows from BRB and that should be all she wrote.

Yes, I am taking into account ring shielding in this assessment.

Initially this is what I would've gone for.

Until Mongul started taking on a shitload of green lanterns and such. Mongul spent over a day listening to the ring go on about its capabilities, so I don't doubt his proficiency with the ring. 10 rings would theoretically equal 10 times the power if he empties his ring like Haanu did against the Anti Monitor.

cloud102
Mongul's durability is insane. Surviving Mother Mercy and fighting with one arm. lol.

Enyalus
Originally posted by cloud102
Mongul's durability is insane. Surviving Mother Mercy and fighting with one arm. lol.
erm Mongul's been one-shotted twice by Henshaw and once by Krypto. I think he's also been one-shotted by Superman.

I really hope Sinestro kicks his ass. But his dialogue with Yat once he dropped his ring's shielding made me like him a bit more.

supremthor
Mongul 7/10, his a better fighter and brawler then BRB, and the rings just add to his favor.

Kris Blaze
erm Mongul's been one-shotted twice by Henshaw and once by Krypto. I think he's also been one-shotted by Superman.

He was never one-shotted by Superman, and plenty of people have been taken down by Henshaw, Eradicator for one. Krypto just sounds like PIS, but the dog is strong. You saw what he did to Atlas and Superman Prime.

This is also part of the reason why he is at low herald without his rings, because he's not as strong or durable as Superman.

quanchi112

I really hope Sinestro kicks his ass. But his dialogue with Yat once he dropped his ring's shielding made me like him a bit more. I'm pulling for Mongul over sinestro myself, but don't hold much hope out for a Mongul victory.

quanchi112
Yat was damn near bloodlusted and it was a cheap shot he knew he couldn't win. Why ignore the context Quan? What are you talking about?

Enyalus
Originally posted by quanchi112
I'm pulling for Mongul over sinestro myself, but don't hold much hope out for a Mongul victory.
But, but, but...teh 'stache power. sad

quanchi112
But, but, but...teh 'stache power. sad I can't grow a mustache so by nature I hate all characters who proudly sport them as i fthey are rubbing it in my face.

May Krona and Sinestro have horrible comic deaths. May it also take them many years to return.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.