Lich King vs God Kratos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gumachi
God Kratos (with Ares' abilities): Kratos has The Blade of Olympus and his powers from God of War vs Lich King (all abilities/powers).

ScreamPaste
Kratos.

Q'Anilia
Kratos when he was appointed God of War in Ares place?

ThunderGodEneru
Yeah.

He steps on Lich King, and without noticing, continues walking.

Q'Anilia
I find the more probable outcome there that Lich King tortures Kratos for longer than Kratos can endure or until his soul belongs to the Lich King. I don't think Kratos can battle the spirit world.

ThunderGodEneru
Right, because Lich King has definately shown he can trap a 300 foot tall immortal God who has the powers of the very being who with a thought raised an army into the sky, popping their heads, imploding them, etc.

ArtificialGlory
Looks like the Lich King is in a very tight spot here.

Q'Anilia
He has shown no such thing. Much like how Kratos has never battled the spirit world. For as long as Kratos lack spiritual protection, he is exposed to the Lich King. No matter how big or how much Kratos has done. Every slash by the Lich King steals a portion of the victims soul and there is nothing Kratos can do about it. The Lich King has proven capable of teleporting over a thousand miles. Kratos can't fight and he can't run.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
He has shown no such thing. Much like how Kratos has never battled the spirit world. For as long as Kratos lack spiritual protection, he is exposed to the Lich King. No matter how big or how much Kratos has done. Every slash by the Lich King steals a portion of the victims soul and there is nothing Kratos can do about it. The Lich King has proven capable of teleporting over a thousand miles. Kratos can't fight and he can't run. Slash Kratos?

Seriously...If you think it would be at all a good idea for the Lich King to enter a physical battle with a being who trumps him physically in his base form...You are just wrong.

Lich King slashes Kratos once. Kratos punts Lich King out of orbit.

Also, Kratos has the Blade of Olympus. Which makes this fight extraordinarly broken. The Blade at a weaker form was able to end the Great Titan War in one blow, defeating every Titan, and now it is in the hands of God Kratos.

What stops Kratos from holding LK with TK, and then destroying him with one attack from the Blade of Olympus?

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Slash Kratos?

Seriously...If you think it would be at all a good idea for the Lich King to enter a physical battle with a being who trumps him physically in his base form...You are just wrong.

Also, Kratos has the Blade of Olympus. Which makes this fight extraordinarly broken. The Blade at a weaker form was able to end the Great Titan War in one blow, defeating every Titan, and now it is in the hands of God Kratos.

What stops Kratos from holding LK with TK, and then destroying him with one attack from the Blade of Olympus?

There would be no physical battle. Lich King is a combatant of the spiritual realm. Kratos can't harm him.

ThunderGodEneru
There would be no physical battle. Lich King is a combatant of the spiritual realm. Kratos can't harm him. Last I checked LK was only able to bring the PC of WoW to the Spirit Realm, who is nothing to Kratos in pretty much all ways.

Also, it is not like Kratos has not harmed spiritual beings before you know...

Q'Anilia
He doesn't need to bring him or anyone else into the realm.

If he has harmed spirits before, that changes things. What happened?

ThunderGodEneru
He doesn't need to bring him or anyone else into the realm.

If he has harmed spirits before, that changes things. What happened? There are normal enemies that are spirits. Wraiths are spirits.

That is all I can think of right now, parts of the games are a blur honestly.

ScreamPaste
Not to mention being a diety sort of.. Obligates you to deal with spirits.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Not to mention being a diety sort of.. Obligates you to deal with spirits.

Spirits would be Hades duty, would it not?

There are normal enemies that are spirits. Wraiths are spirits.

That is all I can think of right now, parts of the games are a blur honestly.

But on the physical realm?

ThunderGodEneru
Spirits would be Hades duty, would it not?

But on the physical realm? Well Kratos has also defeated and kill Persephone, Queen of the Dead.

Yeah, but they were still spirits and actually displayed intangibility.

ScreamPaste
Hades job, sure, but the way religion, Greek religion, specificly, works, means that the afterlife isn't far away for a diety to casually reach over and smack a deceased person in the ass for being a jerk during their life.

Also, In Greek myth Aphrodite is the result of Cronos' severed genitalia being thrown into the sea. Anythign can happen in Greek myth.

ArtificialGlory
I don't know guys, the two battles with Tirion were physical, so was the battle of Wrathgate. The Lich King pretty much got his ass handed to him in all of these cases.

ThunderGodEneru
Yeah I remember the Tirion case thinking about it.

Ashbringer or not, lol.

ArtificialGlory
Yeah I remember the Tirion case thinking about it.

Ashbringer or not, lol.

He probably wouldn't have even made the Lich King move without Ashbringer, but yeah, point is that it was physical... probably.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
I don't know guys, the two battles with Tirion were physical, so was the battle of Wrathgate. The Lich King pretty much got his ass handed to him in all of these cases.

Tirion Fordring had the power of thousands holy souls, every soul at Light's Hope Chapel. He held the most holy of weapons on all of Azeroth and fought on Holy ground. He was the second greatest paladin of all time, a bringer of light, the one magic proven efficient against the undead.
Arthas met Tirion Fordring again later, in Northrend. Tirion got his ass kicked bigtime. Darion Mograine had to come save his butt and flee the scene.

At the Wrathgate, Lich King was defeated by Varimathras with preparation. The poison was burning through the flesh of anyone hit by it. Lich King retreated not because he had to, but because there was nothing more for him to do there anyway. The Horde and Alliance forces was getting killed by "Sylvanas".

ArtificialGlory
Tirion Fordring had the power of thousands holy souls, every soul at Light's Hope Chapel. He held the most holy of weapons on all of Azeroth and fought on Holy ground. He was the second greatest paladin of all time, a bringer of light, the one magic proven efficient against the undead.
Arthas met Tirion Fordring again later, in Northrend. Tirion got his ass kicked bigtime. Darion Mograine had to come save his butt and flee the scene.

At the Wrathgate, Lich King was defeated by Varimathras with preparation. The poison was burning through the flesh of anyone hit by it. Lich King retreated not because he had to, but because there was nothing more for him to do there anyway. The Horde and Alliance forces was getting killed by "Sylvanas".

True, true, but the Lich King was also hurt. I'm sure if Tirion wasn't knocked unconscious, he would have been able to perhaps even kill the Lich King. He was ripe for it, just kneeling there, probably half-unconscious. Then again, his heart got destroyed. That probably explains why he was so hurt.

Yes, but it was still just poison(albeit very powerful) and it obviously hurt him. He had even succumbed to it for a few moments, but managed to get up and walk away, looking and sounding hurt.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
True, true, but the Lich King was also hurt. I'm sure if Tirion wasn't knocked unconscious, he would have been able to perhaps even kill the Lich King. He was ripe for it, just kneeling there, probably half-unconscious. Then again, his heart got destroyed. That probably explains why he was so hurt.

Yes, but it was still just poison(albeit very powerful) and it obviously hurt him. He had even succumbed to it for a few moments, but managed to get up and walk away, looking and sounding hurt.

Tirion destroyed his heart. The Lich King ended up on the brink of death. Had Tirion not suffered similar injuries, he could perhaps have killed him. Remember the words of Darion though: "While injured, the Lich King is still too strong for us to do anything now." Darion retreated then with the Paladin and Death Knight group. A crippled Lich King on the brink of death, on his knees, virtually immoblizied, without sword was too strong for Darion and his healthy group of elite men to kill.

He coughed with a slight limp. He inhaled poison that corroded and burnt the skin of those touched by it. Since he still has organs and is only partially undead, the insides of his body must've been beyond agony.

ArtificialGlory
Tirion destroyed his heart. The Lich King ended up on the brink of death. Had Tirion not suffered similar injuries, he could perhaps have killed him. Remember the words of Darion though: "While injured, the Lich King is still too strong for us to do anything now." Darion retreated then with the Paladin and Death Knight group. A crippled Lich King on the brink of death, on his knees, virtually immoblizied, without sword was too strong for Darion and his healthy group of elite men to kill.

He coughed with a slight limp. He inhaled poison that corroded and burnt the skin of those touched by it. Since he still has organs and is only partially undead, the insides of his body must've been beyond agony.

True that. I'm just saying though. Before WotLK came out, I had a few discussions on WoW forums; there were people claiming that now that the LK fused with Arthas, he became more powerful than Kil'jaeden and perhaps even rivaled the Titans themselves. I called bullshit back then and I guess I was right all along. I'm just trying to show that he isn't as hot as some people thought.

Q'Anilia
It's uncertain if Lich King is even the same level as the dragon aspects. We've yet to see. Looking forward to more additions to the Lich King's powers.

Gumachi
Slash Kratos?

What do you mean weaker form?

Gumachi
And if you're talking about before Kratos invested his powers into The Blade, it didn't seem to be any more powerful.

Q'Anilia
Lich King against anyone that can not bust planets or battle the spirit realm is tipped in his favor. Cheap as it may sound, Lich King can't die to a physical enemy unless he himself take physical form. Even then it's arguable if he'll even die when his body does. As of fusion, Lich King became Eternal. It is not a character I would put in versus debates. He simply is without equal.

Burning thought
lol what a daft thing to say..."sigh", your statement I feel is hypocrtical because your quick to judge me as a fanboy and words like yours are worse if not a mimic of what I have said about Kain, although I can debate mine, can you say the same about your statements?

ThunderGodEneru
Lich King against anyone that can not bust planets or battle the spirit realm is tipped in his favor. Cheap as it may sound, Lich King can't die to a physical enemy unless he himself take physical form. Even then it's arguable if he'll even die when his body does. As of fusion, Lich King became Eternal. It is not a character I would put in versus debates. He simply is without equal. You can't actually prove that though since he has lost twice.

Q'Anilia
You can't actually prove that though since he has lost twice.

Three times. More if you include foiled plans.
For as long as the Lich King use his powers in each ones most efficient way, what I said is in no way wrong. No matter what you or Burning Thought says. It's not bias or anything of the sort. Such is simply the case. If the Lich King use the spirit world best he can, he is untouchable.

The Lich King knows he's a supreme force on Azeroth, that's why he keep getting defeated. If he did not know his own limits so well, he would be far more cautious.

Gumachi

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Gumachi

If you can think of another way to kill someone in the spirit realm, I'm all ears smile All I see is either destroying the planet, or having capability to attack the spirit realm.

ThunderGodEneru
One quick question.

Has Lich King actually shown to be incorpereal in the Spirit Realm?

Gumachi
I think Kratos destroyed souls in CoO wink

ThunderGodEneru
Did he?

Gumachi
Ummm, yeah.

Q'Anilia
One quick question.

Has Lich King actually shown to be incorpereal in the Spirit Realm?

In the spirit realm, I think incorpereal is corpereal. One spirit can touch another. He becomes a spirit, if that's what you mean.

ThunderGodEneru
Kewl.

Gumachi
Kratos realizes that to save the world, he has no choice but to abandon his daughter - he is thus doomed never to reunite with his family. Casting a deaf year to Calliope's pleading, he turns away and proceeds to destroy the pure souls in the Elysium Fields, in an effort to regain his power once more.

ThunderGodEneru
In the spirit realm, I think incorpereal is corpereal. One spirit can touch another. He becomes a spirit, if that's what you mean. Wut.

No seriously, I do not understand what you are trying to convey, or how this would make LK untouchable to an opponent.

Q'Anilia
Wut.

No seriously, I do not understand what you are trying to convey, or how this would make LK untouchable to an opponent.

1. The spirit world is a seperate existance, linked to the physical world

2. When Lich King enters the spirit world, his physical body vanish

3. Since he has no physical body, no physical enemy can fight him

4. Since the spirit world is linked to the planet, a planet destroyer can win, because if the spirit world is destroyed, so is he

Burning thought
I think this is a match between LK/Arthas fusion and Kratos, not the spirit that is the lich king, so by the typical rules, all Kratos has to do to win is to destroy Arthas' body and he wins.

And what is your theory for the spirit world being destroyed just because the physical planet is? their like two diffrent dimensions, just because a building or a city is destroyed in the real one, does not mean all the spirits and beings in the spirit world are being crushed by its rubble.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Burning thought
I think this is a match between LK/Arthas fusion and Kratos, not the spirit that is the lich king, so by the typical rules, all Kratos has to do to win is to destroy Arthas' body and he wins.

And what is your theory for the spirit world being destroyed just because the physical planet is? their like two diffrent dimensions, just because a building or a city is destroyed in the real one, does not mean all the spirits and beings in the spirit world are being crushed by its rubble.

The spirit of Ner'Zhul and body of Arthas are no longer seperate entities. As of fusion, Arthas can become a spirit and Ner'Zhul can become solid. When Arthas becomes a spirit, he leaves the physical world and appear in the spiritual. At this point, there is no physical body of Arthas. He's part of the spirit world then. He is "dead"

(Don't confuse being part of the spirit world with being a spirit in the physical world)

They are two linked dimensions. Even if Arthas take no actual damage being hit by this planet buster when he's in the spirit world, the spirit world itself does. If portions of the planet is only destroyed, he still will live on. If the whole planet is destroyed however, then there will be no spirit world left, since the spirit world has no "host". The link is severed and by all logic, the spiritual realm dissolved.

And even should Arthas survive by being in the spirit world, he's defeated. He can't do anything when he floats around in space.

Slaanesh
Kratos stomp..LK can't do anything to him..Kratos is just way more powerful..

Burning thought
The spirit of Ner'Zhul and body of Arthas are no longer seperate entities. As of fusion, Arthas can become a spirit and Ner'Zhul can become solid. When Arthas becomes a spirit, he leaves the physical world and appear in the spiritual. At this point, there is no physical body of Arthas. He's part of the spirit world then. He is "dead"

(Don't confuse being part of the spirit world with being a spirit in the physical world)

They are two linked dimensions. Even if Arthas take no actual damage being hit by this planet buster when he's in the spirit world, the spirit world itself does. If portions of the planet is only destroyed, he still will live on. If the whole planet is destroyed however, then there will be no spirit world left, since the spirit world has no "host". The link is severed and by all logic, the spiritual realm dissolved.

And even should Arthas survive by being in the spirit world, he's defeated. He can't do anything when he floats around in space.

Although technically ime not wrong, Kratos sitll has ot just destroy the body LK uses, they may be melded but the LK has to sustain this host because as shown in the frozen throne his spiritual essence cannot survive in its raw form, it needs a host or some form of containment, and I doubt LK can fight back while Kratos is in the physical realm, has LK destroyed physical enemies while actually in the spirit realm?

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Burning thought
Although technically ime not wrong, Kratos sitll has ot just destroy the body LK uses, they may be melded but the LK has to sustain this host because as shown in the frozen throne his spiritual essence cannot survive in its raw form, it needs a host or some form of containment, and I doubt LK can fight back while Kratos is in the physical realm, has LK destroyed physical enemies while actually in the spirit realm?

Have you read any Spider-Man comics by any chance? There's this villain named Spot there. He best Spider-Man by appearing at random places, strikes him and vanishes again. Big as Kratos is, Lich King can appear behind him, slash once and vanish back into the spirit realm. The same way Spot vanishes into his dimension after each hit. (Only Spot leaves an open door. Lich King doesn't) I guess another example would be Nightcrawler, although he does not stay in his dimension and ends up more exposed than the Lich King would.

From one perspective, you are correct. All Kratos has to do is destroy the body. What makes him lose, is that he can't. Not for as long as the Lich King is allowed the spiritrealm. For every slash the Lich King make, Kratos grows weaker. All the Lich King has to do is wait for the right time, strike and then vanish again. The Lich King has eternal life, so he's got the time. He could do one slash every hundreth year if that's the only openings. He would win in the end. Eventually, Frostmourne holds more of Kratos soul than Kratos does.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Kratos stomp..LK can't do anything to him..Kratos is just way more powerful..

I disagree.

KingD19
As was stated before, Kratos has destroyed souls(although this was apparently ignored), and with Army of Hades, Kratos could attack LK in his physical or spirit form, in the real or spirit world. And something was mentioned about LK teleporting thousands of miles. I remember in GOW 1, Ares, from the other side of the world, threw a column with enough speed and accuracy that it travled around the world, and pierced Kratos in moments. It also seemed he could control it's size, since when he picked it up, it was his size, but when it hit Kratos, it pierced trhough his abdomen. Kratos got all of the powers of Ares, if Ares did it, Kratos can do it. LK loses. And has Frostmourne been shown to directly take the soul of or harm any real gods of the WoW universe?

Slaanesh
I disagree.

u actually think LK can beat Kratos??how do u know that Frostmourne can even harm Kratos??LK never shows anything near to what Kratos did..

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by KingD19
As was stated before, Kratos has destroyed souls(although this was apparently ignored), and with Army of Hades, Kratos could attack LK in his physical or spirit form, in the real or spirit world. And something was mentioned about LK teleporting thousands of miles. I remember in GOW 1, Ares, from the other side of the world, threw a column with enough speed and accuracy that it travled around the world, and pierced Kratos in moments. It also seemed he could control it's size, since when he picked it up, it was his size, but when it hit Kratos, it pierced trhough his abdomen. Kratos got all of the powers of Ares, if Ares did it, Kratos can do it. LK loses. And has Frostmourne been shown to directly take the soul of or harm any real gods of the WoW universe?

I've not ignored it. So Kratos has destroyed spirits that he could not see? What did he do? Swipe blindly and hoped that there just happened to be a spirit at that precise location in the spiritworld? I've not cared to respond, because I've been confident that you've been talking about spiritual entities that roam the physical realm. Was I wrong?

Originally posted by Slaanesh
u actually think LK can beat Kratos??how do u know that Frostmourne can even harm Kratos??LK never shows anything near to what Kratos did..

You haven't read what I've said in this thread, have you? stick out tongue

You think too narrowly. The Lich King doesn't have to be strong enough to actually harm Kratos. He doesn't have to have shown anything near the level of power that Kratos has. When Frostmourne strike an advesary, it attacks him spiritually. No amount of physical defense can shield your spirit. Only spiritual defense can do that.

Slaanesh
You haven't read what I've said in this thread, have you? stick out tongue

You think too narrowly. The Lich King doesn't have to be strong enough to actually harm Kratos. He doesn't have to have shown anything near the level of power that Kratos has. When Frostmourne strike an advesary, it attacks him spiritually. No amount of physical defense can shield your spirit. Only spiritual defense can do that.

he's a god..u can't get anymore spiritual than that..again..how is LK going to harm him??

Q'Anilia
Him being titled a God is irrelevant. Utterly and indubitably irrelevant. It gives him not a single pinch of an advantage. All that counts is what he's done so far. His rank does not protect him.

Lich King harms his spirit rather than his physical form. That's how.

Slaanesh
okie..let see what the LK have done so far..who has LK defeated by attacking their spirit that is on Kratos level of power??

Q'Anilia
Your question aim to apprehend the vanity of the state of being a God, or as mighty an entity as Kratos is. His level of power is irrelevant until it is within his list of feats to have proven his spirit is shielded in one manner or the other.

The real question here is not who Lich King has defeated. It's who Kratos has adequately protected himself from. Who has wanted Kratos soul but been unable to drain it?

Slaanesh
why would i wanna do that..u r the one who says that LK can harm Kratos spirit when LK never shows the ability to harm the spirit of any powerful being..according to your logic..LK can beat being like Kil"jaedan, Sargeras or the Titan simply because he can attack their spirit..

Q'Anilia
You want to do that, because that's what you believe to be right. You are under the impression that Kratos state of being divine and the magnitude of his power actually aid him against attacks such as this one. Only a previous defensive action can prove him capable of resisting.

He can't beat Kil'Jaeden, Sargeras or the Titans. The case is not the same. Here's why:
Kil'Jaeden can see into a seperate realm. Entering the spiritworld does not make you any safer. Sargeras too. Sargeras has attacked an entity in one dimension while he himself was in a seperate. A regular Titan the Lich King could handily defeat. The Pantheon he could not. The fact that any of these beings are powerful is irrelevant. It's not Sargeras raw power that would win the fight. It's that Lich King can't take advantage of the spiritworld.

Slaanesh
regular Kratos has destroy spirit before..what makes you think LK is safe in spirit form no expression

so..can LK harm Kil'Jaeden, Sargeras or the Titans spirit??they never showed any resistant to it..

Q'Anilia
He's safe because Kratos can't see him. It's not a spirit form. It's not a ghost or an ethereal state. He's not even visible. He's in a seperate existance. A different realm. It's as if he doesn't exist to one that can't see into the spiritworld.

Spirit of Kil'Jaeden, yes. Sargeras has proven resistant but there are no feats revolving the resistance of the rest of the Pantheon. It doesn't matter though. The Pantheon can destroy a world utterly which brings us back to my previous mentioning. A destroyer of worlds can defeat the Lich King.

Slaanesh
how do u know Kratos can't see into the spiritworld??he went to the underworld before..where spirit go after they died..a different realms..

Q'Anilia
But Hades is still a physical realm. The spiritrealm is an alternative existance to our own. An alternate reality. Has Kratos ever showed capability to gaze into a seperate dimension? To see a realm that co-exist with his own?

Slaanesh
i'm bored already..let just agree to disagree..

Q'Anilia
Has been all along. You're the one that's been hunting for holes wink

ScreamPaste
But Hades is still a physical realm. The spiritrealm is an alternative existance to our own. An alternate reality. Has Kratos ever showed capability to gaze into a seperate dimension? To see a realm that co-exist with his own?

the problem is that this concept is foregn to Greek mythology, where the spirit realm is a seperate, physical place. So, essentially, yes, he's been to his spirit world, but in Greek myth, it works differently.

Q'Anilia
The only way out of that is if thread creator disable Lich King's access to the realm of spirits, because it is a power of his to enter the Warcraft definition of the spirit world.

Either that, or the ability does not work at all. "Error"

ScreamPaste
Which is essentially winning by incompatibility. Here's the conundrum, in the GoW verse, he's done it without question, it just works differently, but it IS the spirit world. In Warcraft the spirit world overlaps our own, and is different, nonphysical. While it can be argued Kratos hasn't done anythign with the Warcraft spirit world, he's not in Warcraft, he's in GoW where it works differently, so do we snip off the ability and agree that one universe's rules take precedence? In a neutral debate we have to have neutral footing. In this case, making the spirit world accessable by both gates.

KingD19
God of War III is coming out in a while, one of the bosses will be Hades, the guy who yanks souls of people and Titans alike all willy nilly. How about we put this debate on hold, or remake it once the game is out. If Hades can't take his soul, no way in hell will Frostmourne be able too.

Q'Anilia
God of War III is coming out in a while, one of the bosses will be Hades, the guy who yanks souls of people and Titans alike all willy nilly. How about we put this debate on hold, or remake it once the game is out. If Hades can't take his soul, no way in hell will Frostmourne be able too.

You have quite the burning desire to be right. If you think Lich King can't drain Kratos soul, feel free. I'm not here to convince anyone. Just share my perspective of the matter(s). Couldn't really care less if Lich King is unable to drain his soul happy

KingD19
I'm not trying to be right or wrong, I'm just introducing a logical option that won't be speculation on everyone's part. If Hades, the god of the dead, who took Atlas' soul with no problems(remember, Titan's are more powerful than most gods), can't take Kratos soul, then Frostmourne won't be able to. True if he can't I'll be right, but that will be proven by the game, not just because we think something.

Q'Anilia
Gods left and right. Irrelevant. Wouldn't matter if he fought Hades or a puny soldier. It's the accomplishments that matter, not names and ranks.

KingD19
I'm not saying Hades because he's a god, I'm saying Hades because of his ability to steal souls through his chains, putting you under his direct command. If he can't steal your soul, a soul stealing weapon won't be able to.

Q'Anilia
So obvious you don't even have to say it stick out tongue

SuperLuigi
i'm going to make a prediction that in GoW 3 kratos kills everyone. Even though realisticly, if the gods and sh*t were real kratos would have been killed by ares and especially zeus.

Q'Anilia
Is that prediction relevant to this versus?

SuperLuigi
well he said we have to wait for kratos to fight hades in GoW3 to rule on the soul thing. so yea it is. because we all kno kratos is going to beat hades in his normal form so god kratos can do it. blah blah blah it wont have anything to do with kratos's soul vs lich king's sword

retturnnerr
I don't think the Lich King can physically battle here, but he can command 500,000,000 ghouls, 200,000 abominations, 350,000 dragons, 2000,000 necromancers, and 20523528 nerubians.

Now that's a pretty long, harsh battle, ain't it?

Q'Anilia
Your numbers are wrong. Way wrong really. And his army won't aid him here.

retturnnerr
I do not understand why you presume that the Lich King's army is impossible to take aid.

I assume my numbers logically accurate.

Q'Anilia
Kratos at his finest would splatter a group of abominations by accidentally stepping on them. A soccer kick and a couple of hundred ghouls would experience a brief time of flight before ending up a stain on some mountain wall.

Really? 350.000 dragons? 20523528 nerubian? Azjol-Nerub is not that big. That many dragons has never died. The Azeroth population reach a few million at top, so 500.000.000 ghouls is way over the line.

The Valiant
I'm not saying Hades because he's a god, I'm saying Hades because of his ability to steal souls through his chains, putting you under his direct command. If he can't steal your soul, a soul stealing weapon won't be able to.

No proof shows he puts you under his command. Why didn't he control Atlas?

Originally posted by SuperLuigi
well he said we have to wait for kratos to fight hades in GoW3 to rule on the soul thing. so yea it is. because we all kno kratos is going to beat hades in his normal form so god kratos can do it. blah blah blah it wont have anything to do with kratos's soul vs lich king's sword

I bet Kratos won't use his own power to defeat Hades, either.

Off-topic: Hades is actually the God of the Underworld, not the God of Death (He could be in GoW, though).

I'm not trying to be right or wrong, I'm just introducing a logical option that won't be speculation on everyone's part. If Hades, the god of the dead, who took Atlas' soul with no problems(remember, Titan's are more powerful than most gods), can't take Kratos soul, then Frostmourne won't be able to. True if he can't I'll be right, but that will be proven by the game, not just because we think something.

He had to have aid from Poseidon to take Atlas' soul. Now with Cronos he didn't have any problems. (Just because he kills Gods, doesn't mean he can't be defeated. Greek Gods wasn't the most powerful)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.