Imp's dad is going under the knife.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
My dad, aged 57 years, is scheduled for an angioplasty next week. (Look it up, I'm too tired to type it out.)

Basically, he has only two valves in his heart that still work, thanks to a lifetime of smoking and genetic heart problems, not to mention a bad diet, stress, etc.

Guys..............I'm scared. I'm really f*cking scared.

I mean, what if. Just, what if that "one" variable happens?

I'd like to ask you guys to keep him in your thoughts and, well, even though I'm atheist, your prayers.

It'd mean a lot.

I'll post more updates when applicable.

Mairuzu
sorry to hear, ill keep him in my prayers for you

Impediment
Thanx, bro.

the.kenzo
He's in my thoughts bro.

The Grey Fox
Sorry to hear, Impediment. I hope everything goes well for him. I know what it's like having a father in a life deciding operation, so I understand how emotionally straining it is. Good luck to him from me.

Impediment
Thanx Ken and Ami-jay. It means worlds.

gefallen_engel
I'm really sorry for what's happening to your dad, I will pray for him

Impediment
Thanx, Billie.

Raeann sends her love, too.

Röland
I'm sure things will go well for him Imp. smile

Impediment
I'm sure, too. Thanx.

Neo Darkhalen
Good luck to him and yourself man, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Impediment
I appreciate it, my friend. So does my wife. She sends her love.

guy222
Ur family is in my prayers

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Impediment
My dad, aged 57 years, is scheduled for an angioplasty next week. (Look it up, I'm too tired to type it out.)

Basically, he has only two valves in his heart that still work, thanks to a lifetime of smoking and genetic heart problems, not to mention a bad diet, stress, etc.

I'd like to ask you guys to keep him in your thoughts and, well, even though I'm atheist, your prayers.

It'd mean a lot.

Sorry to hear that.

he will be in my thoughts, I hope he has a speedy recovery hug

Impediment
Thanx to Guy and Sophie. I appreciate your love. So does Raeann.

Robtard
Try not to stress yourself, doctors know what the **** they're doing, especially heart surgeons. There's an extremely good chance he'll come out of it better than before.

Impediment
Thanx, Rob. It means a lot, you asshat.

Robtard
Thanx, Rob. It means a lot, you asshat.

I may be an asshat, but this asshat is almost always (99.9774%) correct.

Impediment
It means I truly love you, you ass. I appreciate it.

Rogue Jedi

It'd mean a lot.

I'll post more updates when applicable. Keep your chin up, Mattie, I am sure he'll pull through. And of course I'll say a prayer for him, consider it done.

Impediment
I'm scared, John. Really, I am.

However, with friends like you, I'm grateful.

Sol Valentine
I'm sure your dad will come out fine in the end, he's in my thoughts.

Impediment
You have my thanx. Seriously.

BruceSkywalker
Matt, i totally understand how you feel

you are my prayers

Mr. Bacon
My mom does precisely this kind of work and its good they found it before anything happened, angioplasty is a common surgery and i wish him the best and a speedy and successful recovery.

Rogue Jedi
I'm scared, John. Really, I am.

However, with friends like you, I'm grateful. He'll be up and around before you know it. Like Bacon said, it's a common procedure, he should pull through.

Strangelove
I'm sure he'll be fine, Matt big grin You're absolutely right to worry, but the asshat is right, your dad has a better chance of coming out of the room in better health than before than in a body bag.

Scythe
Don't worry, and think positive thoughts, I'm not a religious goat at all, but I'll wish him the best of luck, I'm sure he's done nothing to deserve something bad, only greatness, and you will see.

Wei Phoenix
My apologies for my late reply. A few prayers coming up.

Q'Anilia

It'd mean a lot.

My fingers are crossed. Scary as it may be, it's a common procedure as already brought up. Things should go well. You have my prayers hug (Although I have no idea who you are, you're worth a hug)

Impediment
Thank you to all.

Dad is scheduled for Tuesday.

Robtard
Thank you to all.

Dad is scheduled for Tuesday.

You'll have good news sometime Tuesday. Just look, if they could do this in the 70's:

HofoK_QQxGc

Your dad's coming out fine, better than he was before, better, stronger, faster.

Impediment
Thanx, Rob.

Kostabot
Hope hes ok, dude. He'll be in my thoughts. Stay strong.

Impediment
Tomorrow morning my dad goes under the knife.

Good luck, Dad. I love you. Please come back okay.

Q'Anilia
My thoughts will be with him hug

JacopeX
I'm sure he'll make it out fine.

Stay positive dude. At least it counts for something.

Most luck for you and your father, dude. smile

Rogue Jedi

Good luck, Dad. I love you. Please come back okay. He'll be fine, Mattie. Have faith, Bro.

jadeily
I wish your father well, and your entire family too.
I will keep him in my prayers.

Push out all the negative thoughts, and affirm for everything to be fine, and for your father to be safe and a speedy recovery. hug.

Scythe

Good luck, Dad. I love you. Please come back okay.

I'm queer for you, I mean, here for you.

Hopin' the best for your Pa.

Impediment
Thanx guys.

Well, it's been one f*cked up day. My family and I are going to get a second opinion, because the doctor at the hospital is a moron, and he doesn't seem to have an ounce of compassion for the situation at hand. My dad will come home today, on meds, and we will wait for about 2 weeks until we go back to the hospital for an actual procedure.

The pressure is still there, but, for now, it's been kinda lowered.

DeNiro
In today's world technology is so far advanced that surgey of course is always scary especially when it is your father. But I really think everything will be all right based on how great these docs are and their methods and tools. I will pray for your dad and i do hope God sees him through it.

I hope everything goes well. my dad just had surgrey this week and he is doing just fine. they removed cancer/and prostrate from him. i wish you and your dad the best of luck

CATMANEXE
sux. my fam went through crap like that. im having cancer surgery myself in about a week. not fun. hang in their. thats alotta stress.

earlapalooza
impediment, i don't like you

you actually suck

but i do send my condolences,hope everything is well

sincerely, joking aside

Impediment
Just an update for those interested:

My dad's heart is stable. He is doing, well, okay, for his condition. Not great, but okay. He is at home resting and recuperating. The docs say that he has to retire and rest easy, else he dies. He hates the idea of not working, but not as much as the idea of dying. He is okay now. I'm greatly relieved.

I appreciate and love all of you who have posted here and gave your thoughts.

BruceSkywalker
good news matt..

how are you doing?

Impediment
I'm tired, Mark. *ugh*

laughing out loud I can't wait for the weekend.

How are you, bro?

BruceSkywalker
i'm pretty good, right now i am on my blackberry watching my niece graduate from high school shortly

Impediment
Congrats to her.

Thanx for being a friend by showing your love. It means a lot.

BruceSkywalker
your welcome matt.. you've always been a very cool guy and a good friend as well

Impediment
aww.........stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Just an update for those interested:

My dad's heart is stable. He is doing, well, okay, for his condition. Not great, but okay. He is at home resting and recuperating. The docs say that he has to retire and rest easy, else he dies. He hates the idea of not working, but not as much as the idea of dying. He is okay now. I'm greatly relieved.

I appreciate and love all of you who have posted here and gave your thoughts. thumb up Awesome, good to hear.

Genesis
I don't know you that well but I'm glad your father is going to be alright. I hope his heart becomes stronger and I also hope that he has a long life.

Good luck.

Impediment
Thanx, guys.

It means worlds.

Mr. Bacon
Good to hear Matt, the best to you and your family.

guy222
great news matt

u and ur family are always in my prayers

Robtard
Thanx, guys.

It means worlds.

See, Robtard was right again. Good to hear.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.