Cable vs batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
1. pure hand 2 hand.

2. with gear and tech.

no mutant powers for cable.

jrodslam
1. Bats
2. Cable

iceman24567
Cables standard gear would pwn Batman in my opinion. Otherwise the Bat breaks his foot off in Nates ass

chomperx9
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/2688/batmanwins1993526ab8.jpg

Wild Shadow
i'll say cable for both.

techno body parts makes him less susceptible to nerve attacks.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i'll say cable for both.

techno body parts makes him less susceptible to nerve attacks. It doesn't save him from get his head beat in by a vastly superior fighter.

Wild Shadow
batman is not a vastly superior fighter then cable. i think some ppl have forgotten about cable's down and dirty fights with logan.

cable didnt hae to train to fight, his whole life was a fight. i dont think bats is better then him at all.

chomperx9
batman is not a vastly superior fighter then cable. i think some ppl have forgotten about cable's down and dirty fights with logan.

cable didnt hae to train to fight, his whole life was a fight. i dont think bats is better then him at all. as much as it hurts me to post this since im a bat fanboy but i agree with you on this one. however if batman had his belt id give it to him.

iceman24567

cable didnt hae to train to fight, his whole life was a fight. i dont think bats is better then him at all. Batman is a vastly superior fighter people haven't forgotten anything. Batman is top 5 best martial artists in the Dc universe cable is nowhere near there fact.

Juk3n
It is within Batmans' powerset to lose.

Cable takes both, this is a prime example of how a top tier martial artist could get torn a new one by a real battle hardened combat veteran. Not saying it's a cake walk or anything. I'll say Batman gets cheesed, it's like creamed but takes a little longer.

Originally posted by iceman24567
Batman is a vastly superior fighter people haven't forgotten anything. Batman is top 5 best martial artists in the Dc universe cable is nowhere near there fact.

Thats great and all, but the "knowing more martial arts styles than the other guy" is Phail in this case. Cable would give Batman the old "Listen son..".

chomperx9
Batman is a vastly superior fighter people haven't forgotten anything. Batman is top 5 best martial artists in the Dc universe cable is nowhere near there fact. cable is a highly experienced fighter. think of him as guile didnt study any specific martial arts but still knows how to kick some @ss. thats where cable stands. infact id say hes above guile. oh crap watch everyone go off topic now and probably someone make a guile vs cable thread now. sorry raoul

Wild Shadow
last i heard cable was a level seven fighter. and not some putz with no fighting skills.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Juk3n
It is within Batmans' powerset to lose.

Cable takes both, this is a prime example of how a top tier martial artist could get torn a new one by a real battle hardened combat veteran. Not saying it's a cake walk or anything. I'll say Batman gets cheesed, it's like creamed but takes a little longer.

Thats great and all, but the "knowing more martial arts styles than the other guy" is Phail in this case. Cable would give Batman the old "Listen son..". Then batman proceeds to pounds his head in. The batsuit and superior skill gives batman the win plus it's not like Batman hasn't fought combat hardened guys before.

Juk3n
Listen son...

iceman24567
How many times has he fought off highly skilled members of Ra's league of assassins? Enough i tell you.

Wild Shadow
How many times has he fought off highly skilled members of Ra's league of assassins? Enough i tell you.

cable isnt some cannon fodder ninja.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by chomperx9

iceman24567
cable isnt some cannon fodder ninja. What the f**k?

Mindset
Cable has top tier hth skills, or close to it.

Plus he has enhanced strength.

iceman24567
I'm shocked that the league of assassins are being compared to canon fodder ninjas erm

Wild Shadow
What the f**k?

it means dont compare cable to some ninja fodder that bats beats on a regular bases, cause if we were to actually analyze skills and powersets bats would continously get beat by ra's ninjas.

Mindset
I'm shocked that the league of assassins are being compared to canon fodder ninjas erm They equal The Hand.

Take that however you want to. wink

iceman24567
it means dont compare cable to some ninja fodder that bats beats on a regular bases, cause if we were to actually analyze skills and powersets bats would continously get beat by ra's ninjas. Ra's ninja are foot soldiers the real assassins are far from fodder.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
The equal The Hand.

Take that however you want to. wink Yeah but would you say the Gorgon is canon fodder?

Mindset
Gorgon > League of Assassins

iceman24567
Gorgon > League of Assassins The only real threat from the league to him would be the Sensei he's dead though Shiva and the other former members would lose the majority.

Mindset
Sensei can only fight for about 1 second eek!

iceman24567
Sensei can only fight for about 1 second eek! But he's old as shit even older than Ra's him being able to fight at all is amazing.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by chomperx9

LOVE THAT!

Survivor19
Batman has nothing on classic Cable's tech. He loses 2.
I'd give 1 to Cable 7/10.

offtopic: The Gorgon kills them both in 60 seconds or less.

Battlehammer
Yeah but would you say the Gorgon is canon fodder?
Gorgon blind folded wood stomp the league of assassin with utter ease.

Xplosive
Cable both.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Battlehammer
Gorgon blind folded wood stomp the league of assassin with utter ease. This is how much you fail nobody ever said he wouldn't beat the league but utter ease is stretching it alot especially if we are using the more powerful/skilled League.

cloud102
Cable
Batman with tech.

jrodslam
What i dont get is what makes ppl think that Cable can beat Bats in pure h2h combat? Shit is absurd imo. Really. Cable would be inclined to beat Bats in h2h is based off what? Someone post something. Otherwise, stfu. Imo.

Survivor19
What i dont get is what makes ppl think that Bats can beat Cable in battle with tech? Shit is absurd imo.
Cable's tech is 1 millenium more advanced than anything Batman can carry. Even without THAT, Cable was able to build some crazy shit from current MU, that'll able him to curbstomp Bats...

illadelph12
Cable in both situations.

Greymalkin/Providence had some pretty high end tech. Cable had tech that could simulate his tk, weapons from his future timeline, a personal teleporter, time travel, etc. Cable could, and would, just blow up the battlefield and protect himself either via shielding or teleporting away.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Survivor19
What i dont get is what makes ppl think that Bats can beat Cable in battle with tech? Shit is absurd imo.
Cable's tech is 1 millenium more advanced than anything Batman can carry. Even without THAT, Cable was able to build some crazy shit from current MU, that'll able him to curbstomp Bats...

I agree as well.

jrodslam
Originally posted by illadelph12
Cable in both situations.

Greymalkin/Providence had some pretty high end tech. Cable had tech that could simulate his tk, weapons from his future timeline, a personal teleporter, time travel, etc. Cable could, and would, just blow up the battlefield and protect himself either via shielding or teleporting away.

I agree for the most part, but from reading your post, you only give an example of him winning in the second scenario. What about the first? You feel Cable is skilled enough to best Bats in h2h?

illadelph12
Batman's more skilled in h2h, but Cable is not so far behind Bruce that his other advantages (particularly his strength advantage, higher degree of durability and damage soak, and having no qualms about killing) won't give him the win.

jrodslam
I respect your opinion. I do agree that Cables stats such as damage soak(i know its not a real stat), higher strength play a part and helps him in a fight, but hes not even among the second tier when it comes to skill imo. At least none that ive seem from him over the years. In pure h2h, i dont think Cable has fought anyone like Bats despite years and years of combat experience. I do feel that Cables far behind Bats in the skill department.

id369
Originally posted by jrodslam
I respect your opinion. I do agree that Cables stats such as damage soak(i know its not a real stat), higher strength play a part and helps him in a fight, but hes not even among the second tier when it comes to skill imo. At least none that ive seem from him over the years. In pure h2h, i dont think Cable has fought anyone like Bats despite years and years of combat experience. I do feel that Cables far behind Bats in the skill department.

Who has bats fought to warrant such praise?

Sin I AM
What makes everyone believe Nate has greater damage soak than Bruce...and as far as h2h, cable has not fought anyone on Bats level, so how is he winning in both

id369
Originally posted by Sin I AM
What makes everyone believe Nate has greater damage soak than Bruce...and as far as h2h, cable has not fought anyone on Bats level, so how is he winning in both Going about his day, the down the usual X-Men suspect despite being infected by the T.O. ravishing his body.

Anyhow my question still stands. What warrants Batmans high praise in h2h combat?

jrodslam
Originally posted by id369
Who has bats fought to warrant such praise?

Some of the best MA's in the DCU. Even beat some. Considered one of the best h2h combatants in the DCU. Sparring with WW. Beat Tasky, Stalemated DD, Conceded that if Cap were to beat him, it would take a long time.

Who has Cable fought? Who has he beat even? Scans? Id be inclined to change my opinion if shown some scans of Cable and his h2h prowess. Against formidable/upper tier opponents.

Edit: Batmans respect thread shows this. Thus, ppl are able to voice their opinon based off posted feats. I dont see any similar feats or hardly any feats of high end h2h skills in there. Can you or any of the other Cable suporters grace us with any?

id369
Some of the best MA's in the DCU. Even beat some. Considered one of the best h2h combatants in the DCU. Sparring with WW. Beat Tasky, Stalemated DD, Conceded that if Cap were to beat him, it would take a long time.

Who has Cable fought? Who has he beat even? Scans? Id be inclined to change my opinion if shown some scans of Cable and his h2h prowess. Against formidable/upper tier opponents.
Sparring with WW? Come on, lets take our heads out the PIS hole. Everyone knows, Wondy would decimate Wayne within the first nano second of a serious match.

Cable has gotten the better of Deadpool, fought Logan & Bishop, and took on Lady Deathstrike with Hope strapped on him. So yeah, war bred veterans that bin fighting for his life since infancy tend to excellent h2h fighting skills.

Sin I AM
I see the T.O. virus as analogous to Logans adamantium poisoning as far as pain tolerance, it is only mentioned for plot device and after using his powers extensively which he lacks for this fight so it matters not. If Cable was so damn good he would just face Bishop and be done with it he's a great fighter but strictly h2h is no match for Bruce

id369
I see the T.O. virus as analogous to Logans adamantium poisoning as far as pain tolerance, it is only mentioned for plot device and after using his powers extensively which he lacks for this fight so it matters not. If Cable was so damn good he would just face Bishop and be done with it he's a great fighter but strictly h2h is no match for Bruce Yet its not a discrepancy that should remain ignored. Its comic book fact, that was often overlooked, and well documented. Wayne has training, in dealing with vast amount of pain. While Nate has dealt with pain, for neraly every second of his entire life.

jrodslam
Sparring with WW? Come on, lets take our heads out the PIS hole. Everyone knows, Wondy would decimate Wayne within the first nano second of a serious match.

Cable has gotten the better of Deadpool, fought Logan & Bishop, and took on Lady Deathstrike with Hope strapped on him. So yeah, war bred veterans that bin fighting for his life since infancy tend to excellent h2h fighting skills.

Sparring with someone is PIS? Why? Maybe because she chose not to use superspeed nor full strength, but instead use skill?

Can you post some scans of Cable "getting the better of Deadpool"? The Logan and Bishop fights? Scans? Cause they arent in the respect thread.

id369
No you most likely wont find those scans, since it mainly focused on his uses of his powers. And then the abrupt ending to my Cable project when I lost all my files.

You will find, Deadpool sparing Cable in Cable and Deadpool.

You will find, Cable taking on Logan and Bishop in Xcutionar Song.

You will find Cable taking on Lady Deathstrike in Messiah Complex.

Sin I AM
Yet its not a discrepancy that should remain ignored. Its comic book fact, that was often overlooked, and well documented. Wayne has training, in dealing with vast amount of pain. While Nate has dealt with pain, for neraly every second of his entire life.

Ok, but the T.O. is only noticeable once cable starts using his powers, and thats not happening in this match. So whats your point? He is also now cured of the virus as well so it matters little

jrodslam
No you most likely wont find those scans, since it mainly focused on his uses of his powers. And then the abrupt ending to my Cable project when I lost all my files.

You will find, Deadpool sparing Cable in Cable and Deadpool.

You will find, Cable taking on Logan and Bishop in Xcutionar Song.

You will find Cable taking on Lady Deathstrike in Messiah Complex.

Riight.

Ive seen the sparring match between Cable and DP and it appeared DP got the better of him during the match. DP also mentioned how hes been hit harder by rain. When DP bowed as in to show respect for a nice sparring session, Cable elbows him in the back of the head. You call that "getting the better of DP" in a match? Surely you can come up with something better, but i dont think you can.

Ill try to find the Lady D and Wolvie/Bishop fights.

id369
Ok, but the T.O. is only noticeable once cable starts using his powers, and thats not happening in this match. So whats your point? He is also now cured of the virus as well so it matters little Cable mentions that he had to cope with T.O. infection for every moment of his entire life. On top copeing with that pain, for every big use his powers the T.O. would ravish and progress its infection, on top damage sustained through combat. Yes the days, when he deal with the T.O. in such manner age gone. Yet you cant take away, the fact that he has dealt with it for a large part of his life.

Hence where the comment came from, he has great Damage Soak.

jrodslam
Just saw the Cable vs Bishop/Wolvie fight, and the only time Cable showed a bit of skill is when he tossed Bishop over when he was grabbed form behind. Im not sure if you really believe Cable is skilled enough to hang with Bats, or youre just trying to keep the thread alive.

Still looking for the Cable vs Lady D.

id369
Riight.

Ive seen the sparring match between Cable and DP and it appeared DP got the better of him during the match. DP also mentioned how hes been hit harder by rain. When DP bowed as in to show respect for a nice sparring session, Cable elbows him in the back of the head. You call that "getting the better of DP" in a match? Surely you can come up with something better, but i dont think you can.

Ill try to find the Lady D and Wolvie/Bishop fights.

I suppose we take Wade words with a grain a salt. Or else he would have continued his spar?

The MISTER
Has cable ever fought wolverine in the comics? I know in the non-canon cartoon they always portrayed cable as owning wolverine (Not in h2h but with tech) so I'm wondering if there is anything in the comics to sustain his ability to handle wolverine who is superior to bats in combat ability.

id369
Originally posted by The MISTER
Has cable ever fought wolverine in the comics? I know in the non-canon cartoon they always portrayed cable as owning wolverine (Not in h2h but with tech) so I'm wondering if there is anything in the comics to sustain his ability to handle wolverine who is superior to bats in combat ability.

You can look up Wolverine as a horse man of Death vs Cable.

Survivor19
Or their first meeting in X-Force, one of the first 5 issues, IIRC.

Wild Shadow
cable ftw 10/10 imo

JakeTheBank
In H2H, Bats takes it IMO.

With guns and tech, what exactly is Cable's standard gear?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
In H2H, Bats takes it IMO.

With guns and tech, what exactly is Cable's standard gear?

i like to think of cable as classic cable with plasma rifles, guns cannon and knives.

mrcharlieo
Cables takes both, easily with tech and eventually without the tech, from what I understand cable has more stamina, endurance and strength than Bats. Fighting skills would probably be around equal, but given the strength etc advantages cable has I'd say he'd eventually pull a Bane and break the bat.

iceman24567
Cables standard gear would pwn Batman in my opinion. Otherwise the Bat breaks his foot off in Nates ass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.