Achilles vs. Leonidas + Maximus + William Wallace

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
1 on 3

-Achilles vs. Leonidas, Maximus & William Wallace. They're all armed with what was shown in each film.

who takes this?

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr29/binx_the_man/Greek%20Age/985-309x316.jpg

vs.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u238/dannydupuis/leonidas.jpg
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l63/twoshy13/Maximus.jpg
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd201/santitoy/williamwallace.jpg

XanatosForever
Leonidas and Maximus go to town while Wallace shows off his junk.

six6six
Personally, I think Achilles can out-skill them all. He is very fast and precise. While they are ALL great warriors, I just don't see them taking out Achilles unless one of them manage to cut his heel.

XanatosForever
Whoa, wait a second. You should have specified that you letting the invulnerable implications be factual in this bout. That changes things quite a bit.

I still say the team wins, but Wallace will have to pitch to help fight. no expression

six6six
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Whoa, wait a second. You should have specified that you letting the invulnerable implications be factual in this bout. That changes things quite a bit.

I still say the team wins, but Wallace will have to pitch to help fight. no expression

Achilles is already outnumbered. Not to mention these are 3 bad ass mo fo's. Even with the heel thing, I would think that with all 3 slashing at him, one of them is bound to catch that heel....then again, maybe not.

Rogue Jedi
Team in an epic stomp, jeez.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't think Achilles can take this. Leonidas, Maximus and Wallace are going to work together. They are all team players. Although, i don't see Maximus or Wallace surviving this fight. They are incredibly out skilled. I think this match depends on how long Maximus and Wallace can stay alive. If Achilles is able to kill them quickly then i think Achilles slays Leonidas with ease but again, I see these three coming together and working as a team which will make things hard for Achilles.

six6six
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

In a stomp? Nah... no

six6six
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I don't think Achilles can take this. Leonidas, Maximus and Wallace are going to work together. They are all team players. Although, i don't see Maximus or Wallace surviving this fight. They are incredibly out skilled. I think this match depends on how long Maximus and Wallace can stay alive. If Achilles is able to kill them quickly then i think Achilles slays Leonidas with ease but again, I see these three coming together and working as a team which will make things hard for Achilles.

Achilles knows about working together as well, he's a tactical genius. I mean, him alone mowed down a gang of Trojans. Personally, I think Achilles would take out Wallace & Maximus quick, leaving Leonidas to fend for himself, exactly how you described. Like I said before, all of them are great warriors, but Achilles names stands out before all others for a reason. I think Achilles skill is much to great for them.

celestialdemon
Achilles would take down Wallace quick. He's just not that skilled a fighter. It's going to depend on Maximus and Leonidas working together. I think they can win the majority of the time. Probably around 6/10.

Darth Martin
Achilles wins this.

Leonidas is far and away the most superior on his squad. And let's presume Leonidas is a little better than Hector. Now while Hector was the best Achilles ever fought he clearly was toying with him. While Maximus is somewhat skilled he's not in the metahuman realm of Achilles or even that of Leonidas. Same goes for Wallace.

Dagarkin
Maximus owns them all and asks "Are you not entertained is that not why you are here?!!!!" *throws gladius*

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Achilles wins this.

Leonidas is far and away the most superior on his squad. And let's presume Leonidas is a little better than Hector. Now while Hector was the best Achilles ever fought he clearly was toying with him. While Maximus is somewhat skilled he's not in the metahuman realm of Achilles or even that of Leonidas. Same goes for Wallace.

Toying? Get real. Achilles was pissed at the murder of his cousin. There's no way he would even think about messing around in that fight. He was blood lusted, and was fighting all out. You're underrating Hector, and Leonidas and the others as a result. Maximus is also more than just "somewhat" skilled. He has some rather uncanny reflexes, shown during the cheat bout when he had to keep track of the tigers. Being able to drop one of them is a fair strength feat, too, considering big cats aren't known to be weaklings. If anything, I'd say Wallace is the weak link in this group, but they can still win.

Darth Martin
I know Achilles had motivation, but I'm no way convinced he was going all-out. "Get up Prince of Troy, no stone will take my glory".

XanatosForever
I'm sorry, I haven't seen Troy in a while, do you think you could possibly find the scene you quoted? I'll give a rebuttal after I've reviewed the footage.

Kursh36
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
THIS! IS! A CURBSTOMP!

Darth Martin
Leonidas alone would make Achilles sweat.

jinXed by JaNx
Leonidas alone would make Achilles sweat.

Yeah, as Achilles is paying his respects by attending Leonidas funeral, standing in front of of his pyre.

Nightstick
The lone warrior and the trio stare at each other over the field of battle. Then all of a sudden as Achilles makes ready to throw his javlin Wallace moons him. It's not quit the deterent William had hoped for though as Achilles javlin sinks deep into his butt cheek. Achilles obviously proud of himself poses as he often does sure that he is safe at this distance as no one he has met can throw a javlin as far as him. He is the great Achilles after all, but his pride is short lived though as Leonidas's javlin takes a chunk out of Achilles ear. Stunned Achilles makes ready to advance. Only to be further baffled by being beaned in the head by a rock thrown by Wallace who has had time to removes the javlin from his arse. Which even for a man like Wallace will wake'ya up in the mornin'. Achilles is ready to move again though. It doesn't take him long it was only a rock after all, but alas just as he is getting moving again. Maximus cuts off his f-ing head. Having come up behing him, by sneaking threw the woods while everyone else was posing and throwing stuff.

Jokes aside though. Any one of these guys would be a fair match for Achilles on their own all three of them is serious over kill.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Nightstick

Jokes aside though. Any one of these guys would be a fair match for Achilles on their own all three of them is serious over kill.

Maybe Leonidas and Maximus but definitely not Wallace. Wallace is the odd one out here laughing out loud

Darth Martin
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Yeah, as Achilles is paying his respects by attending Leonidas funeral, standing in front of of his pyre. Nah. Leonidas would fair better than Hector did.

Originally posted by Nightstick
Any one of these guys would be a fair match for Achilles on their own all three of them is serious over kill. Nah. Achilles slaughters everyone here one on one except for Leonidas IMO.

jaden101
Achilles wins this.

I agree with the outcome but your justification is wrong. Leonidas isn't the most skilled on the team. You only have to look at how Maximus cuts through the group of gladiators on his own to see he is a cut above both Leonidas and Wallace.

LoakLkFQ_NM&feature=related

And before you mention the slow-mo breakout scene from 300 when Leonidas kills a few Persians, bear in mind that gladiatiors are highly trained...Persian "soldiers" were just slaves given weapons and forced to fight.

I think it'd end up Achilles vs Maximus, after Wallace falling 1st for charging straight in like the start of the battle of Stirling bridge (1st main battle in Braveheart where he gives the "sons of Scotland" speech).

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101

I think it'd end up Achilles vs Maximus, after Wallace falling 1st for charging straight in like the start of the battle of Stirling bridge (1st main battle in Braveheart where he gives the "sons of Scotland" speech).

What of Wallace hiked up his kilt and bedazzled Achilles first with his goods?

jaden101
Wallace from the movie's gear was an embarresment to Scots.

Robtard
Did you just say Gibson has a wee penis unbefit of a Scotsman, or are you talking about the clothing, weapons etc? If so, explain.

jaden101
The former.

Darth Martin
I never said Maximus wasn't skilled. But Leonidas would defeat him. The Spartans are physically superior to Maximus. They also have bigger shields. Leonidas fought far more tougher things than Maximus did. Leonidas faced explosives, ninjas, elephants, rhinos, monsters, and far more opponents in general. He also has superior weapons. I'd even argue Maximus is superior in skill. But Leonidas would most likely still shit on him the same as Achilles did Hector IMO.

siriuswriter
we have achilles. he's been a soldier forever, he's got no emotions tied up in this fight. he just woke up and said "well, today i'm ready to kill." as he's woken up every day for the past how many years?

now you take away all the motivation that made the former three want to fight. wallace isn't fighting for scotland, he's fighting for his life. leonidas isn't fighting for sparta, he's fighting for his life, and maximus isn't fighting for revenge or freedom, he's fighting for his life. achilles is fighting because that's what he does.

wallace goes down first. he doesn't know how to defend himself from these kinds of weapons and his own defense is a mishmash of mediocre things put together. achilles uses his shield to slam wallace in the head. his neck snaps. wallace is dead.

maximus goes down second. he's very skilled at profiling other warriors or enemies. he's done this with great success with not only humans but with wild animals. he's able to create his attack strategy through a quick assessment his enemy is well made for battle, but so is maximus. however, maxiumus has one weapon maximus has great armor for a champion gladiator, but that's just not enough for close encounters with trained spartan soldier. maximus knows to go for points unprotected. he might get blood at a thigh or forearm, but he can't wound mortally and achilles is coming after him now. for maximus, achilles probably makes use of his spear. maximus is agile and nimble, but achilles has a dead-on aim for moving objects. spear impales maximus with such force that it drags him back on impact. of course this means achilles has lost his spear because he's not going to have time to fish it out of maximus now that he's on his most dangerous enemy - leonidas.

one thing is certain - achilles won't go down on a spear. he's mastered the weapon as an offense and so of course knows all potential areas of damage, especially because he's fighting against someone who was trained in the same manner and at the same progression rate.

leonidas is a king, achilles is soldier. this is potentially a downfall for leonidas because he's been trained not only in combat but also in diplomacy, languages, royal etiquette...
achilles knows fighting and only fighting. each encounter he's had has been successful.
leonidas is used to fighting with an army, achilles is used to fighting by himself.

overall, achilles wins. since the spear is not really a valuable weapon for leonidas, it's down to close combat sword to sword, shield to shield. both are skilled in offense, but leonidas has probably had other men come to defend him because leonidas is their king.

jaden101
I never said Maximus wasn't skilled. But Leonidas would defeat him. The Spartans are physically superior to Maximus. They also have bigger shields. Leonidas fought far more tougher things than Maximus did. Leonidas faced explosives, ninjas, elephants, rhinos, monsters, and far more opponents in general. He also has superior weapons. I'd even argue Maximus is superior in skill. But Leonidas would most likely still shit on him the same as Achilles did Hector IMO.

Leonidas didn't do any of those things alone. Without the Spartan Phalanx he would've died quickly and easily.

And ninjas?...Deary me...I think your geography and history is a little bit off with that one.

It wasn't Leonidas who killed the Rhino anyway...It was Astinos.

Superior shield I'll give you that but the Xyphos sword was a secondary weapon and relatively poor.

Besides, Maximus went up against 6 more heavily armoured gladiators with no shield, no helmet and minimum armour and killed them all in less than a minute.

Tattoos N Scars
Achilles did not have the "heel" weakness in the movie. The film hinted at that. He had enhanced human durability, much like Ajax had shown when fighting Hector. Achilles took all those arrows from Paris, and Achilles had removed all the arrows from his body except the one in the heel. When the Greeks found Achilles, they assumed he was immortal everywhere, except his heel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.