Doh!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mechmoggy
Promised myself I'd get all my Uni work done during the holidays so I could go back stress free.......

Yup, done it again. sad

On a brighter note I did have time to re-read a few of my old Stephen King books that I haven't read since I was a lad. I'd forgotten how kewl some of the short stories in "Night Shift" are. smokin'

Gundark
Glad to hear you've been busy avoiding those aliens, Mech.

Hehehe.

Captain REX
It's because of that pillow fortress he bought.

Well, at least you have less work to do when the holidays are over...wait, they are over. sad

I need to read some Steven King books. I don't have any Spine-Tinglers, and the only two reading books that have my attention are Black Hawk Down and the Iliad/the Odyssey. Definately not spine-tinglers, but BHD is pretty gory and descriptive. big grin

mechmoggy
King's style is a little hard to get used too according to a few of my friends, I'd start off with one of his short story books like: -

Night Shift
Skeleton Crew
Nightmares & Dreamscapes

N&D is probably my fave, there's one story called "Dolan's Caddillac" which I love.............but what the hell am I doing here, I've got a big ass pile of work to be doing!

finti
"Promised you a miracle
Belief is a beauty thing
Promises promises
As golden days break wondering" - Simple Minds

Thomas H
when I read the topic, I though it was a Tomacco tread for sure...smile

Orpheus
Hmm, work, That thing I've got to go back to after two weeks away from it, some of the best weeks i've had recently.

mechmoggy
My Xmas break sucked, I did get drunk a lot but the main problem was how busy we were.

We'd arranged for a big night out on New Years Eve, but Mrs.MM and I had been so busy we decided to cancel it and stop in alone. That was probably the only time over the break we spent relaxed, and of course there wasn't too bad a hangover for New Years Day.

I went back to work on th 2nd, I was gutted but I only had to do a day and a half. I suppose its broken me in a bit for the next full week. sad

mah
back to school tomorrow. now a half year more with german and then no more german ever!

Thomas H
dooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

finti
it is so nice that you all have to go back to school

Captain REX
It's sux. Right Mah? We go back to the horror house tomorrow over here too. sad

mah
it suck because i have some tens of pages i should've written before we start...

keokiswahine
don't slow down; get those fingers working.

was going to my old office to destroy old records, but the 60 mph winds yesterday really stirred up all the crud in the air, and my lungs decided to have an asthma attack last night. I have yet to stick my head out the door to check weather conditions. It's much easier and more pleasant to just lurk here and relax. Now, tomorrow is the first day of court week and a week of no sleep for me. My boss has been a real dork lately, too. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

finti
see Mah that slacking off dont pay off, and Keo why not burn down the office and blame it on the dork your boss

mechmoggy
Ahhh poorly Keo....*grabs keo in a big hug (and gets a cheeky feel of her bum at the same time big grin *

Well its 10:40pm here in Blighty and I've just finished that assignment thats gotta be in for Wednesday. Not bad going for me, seeing as I only started it the weekend. I think its beacause this report wasn't too boring: -

I had to write a report about the London Millennium Bridge (from a design point of view). I had to cover all the technical stuff about why it failed, I had to do a failure study and also go into how they fixed the damn thing. Fortunately for me I watched a BBC 2 programme about it ages ago that covered all the technical stuff in easy-to-understand language.

God bless me and my interest in geeky science programme's, for once they've benefited me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.