Punisher outlandish wins?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RagingPanda
Some people say Punisher has won fights he should have never won. I don't really see that as the case, can anyone bring up specific fights/issues he should have just gotten ANNIHILATED?

SamZED
This topic doesn't belong in a vs forum. And I have no problem with Frank beating anyone with a prep. But all Ennis books are bs when they show other heros.

willRules
Originally posted by RagingPanda
Some people say Punisher has won fights he should have never won. I don't really see that as the case, can anyone bring up specific fights/issues he should have just gotten ANNIHILATED?

In the storyline he fought against Spidey, Daredevil and Wolverine, yet beat them. It was one of the worst comics written....

He defeated Spidey by making him step on a fake landmine. What about his spider sense???? That always annoys me.....

And don't get me started on the Punisher kills the MU.......

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by willRules
He defeated Spidey by making him step on a fake landmine. What about his spider sense???? That always annoys me.....

If it was a fake land mine it wouldn't even be dangerous.

willRules
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
If it was a fake land mine it wouldn't even be dangerous.

My point exactly!!!! yes His spider-sense warns him how to avoid danger. It should be frantic if it was a real mine and not going off at all if it's fake. Poor, poor writing......

tkitna
There is no way in hell Frank should be choking out Tigershark either. Horrible.

RagingPanda
He beat Spider-man in a straight out fight? and Wolverine?

Scoobless
Originally posted by tkitna
There is no way in hell Frank should be choking out Tigershark either. Horrible.

Yeah, TS is a guy who fights Namor for craps sake.

kgkg
Originally posted by Scoobless
Yeah, TS is a guy who fights Namor for craps sake. Sarcasm?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by willRules
In the storyline he fought against Spidey, Daredevil and Wolverine, yet beat them. It was one of the worst comics written....

And don't get me started on the Punisher kills the MU.......

cosigned.

or the time recently when he choked out tiger shark with a metal chain. What worses is he over power tiger shark under water first lol.

tjcoady
You guys are missing the point of Ennis' work if you think those are "outlandish."

He just has a different view of how the Punisher works then you do.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by tjcoady
You guys are missing the point of Ennis' work if you think those are "outlandish."

He just has a different view of how the Punisher works then you do.

Ennis would make Frank stop The Juggernaut.

tjcoady
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Ennis would make Frank stop The Juggernaut.

Yeah, but the Ennis "Punisher" book was all about taking this insane killer and making the threat level more and more ridiculous. It's not about "power levels" and "continuity" and "canon" and that's what made it a fun book. Nitpicking ruins it, and is just kind of stupid- doing that is just a different kind of illiteracy.

willRules
Originally posted by RagingPanda
He beat Spider-man in a straight out fight? and Wolverine?

He had prep (in the form of an aggravated Bruce Banner) and some booby traps. But the issue was- the booby traps were soooo stupid and ignored the character's superpowers, it was ridiculous.

I take consolation in the fact that in Wolverine's own comic, around the same time, he fought Punisher and the fight ended with the implication Frank was a homosexual. It was part of a supposed writing feud between the writers of Punisher and of Wolverine.

steverules_2
I remember when wolverine and frank fought and punisher kicked logan in the nuts and blew his face off...the issue where the drwaf guy was cutting off peoples legs, I remember when me and you were looking at it and found it quite humerous

willRules
Originally posted by steverules_2
I remember when wolverine and frank fought and punisher kicked logan in the nuts and blew his face off...the issue where the drwaf guy was cutting off peoples legs, I remember when me and you were looking at it and found it quite humerous

Yeah, that was a weird story......

Scoobless
Originally posted by kgkg
Sarcasm?

Sheldon?

Kris Blaze
Yeah, but the Ennis "Punisher" book was all about taking this insane killer and making the threat level more and more ridiculous. It's not about "power levels" and "continuity" and "canon" and that's what made it a fun book. Nitpicking ruins it, and is just kind of stupid- doing that is just a different kind of illiteracy.

How is your opinion on what makes comics fun to read of any relevance in this thread? A thread where we're trying to establish a list of fights that the Punisher should not have won. While Ennis might think that the book is much better if Frank kills Thor and the Surfer doesn't mean he's really capable of doing so.

-V-
BUT IT'S FUN.

COMICS ARE MEANT TO BE FUN.

IT'S STILL REAL FOR ME, DAMN IT!

tjcoady
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
How is your opinion on what makes comics fun to read of any relevance in this thread? A thread where we're trying to establish a list of fights that the Punisher should not have won. While Ennis might think that the book is much better if Frank kills Thor and the Surfer doesn't mean he's really capable of doing so.

Because the Punisher should be able to beat whoever the writer wants him to.

Battlehammer
Because the Punisher should be able to beat whoever the writer wants him to.

You might agree with this I sure as shit dont.

Kazenji
Agreed.

SamZED
Originally posted by -V-
BUT IT'S FUN.
Not if you happen to be a fan of Thor or Surfer, no it isn't.

emporerpants
so if the writer decides that the punisher can beat galactus by giving him a stiff uppercut, thats cool too huh tjcody? things just get retarded when writers just start ignoring all established powers and abilities.

Endless Mike
Didn't he take on Sentry recently? How did that go?

Mindset
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Didn't he take on Sentry recently? How did that go? He ran away.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.