Monarch vs Classic Dr Strange

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Who wins?

tkitna
Strange

Harbinger
Classic Doc

kgkg
Monarch

leonidas
monarch.

Slaanesh
monarch

Kobashi
Monarch waves his hand
And Strange is in the afterlife

occultdestroyer
Classic Dr. Strange would find a way to win.

Nihilist
Tough fight,Strange for the majority.

Kobashi
Unless he has prep time

Monarch blinks = Strange dies

Simple , see

cloud102
Monarch.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Kobashi
Unless he has prep time

Simple , see laughing out loud sock.

quanchi112
Monarch wins.

Enyalus
Classic Strange.

iceman24567
Monarch

leonidas
strange is a very hard character to judge. he's a walking plot device. he has some low showings like everyone does (amlost being killed by amora and the executioner comes to mind, being taken out by nebula is another example off the top of my head). i think he's grossly overrated at times. with prep he's done some crazy stuff, but even with prep he has some lower showings. without prep and removing the option of BFR'ing (not sure he could send monarch anywhere monarch couldn't come back from anyway . . .) against someone of this level, i don't see him having a chance to win. he could hang for a bit, but he'd get too exhausted to win and monarch would overwhelm him. who's the greatest threat strange has defeated in battle WITHOUT prep? anyone?

and please don't say the in-betweener cuz he only won that battle because IB masters--order and chaos--allowed strange to tap THEIR power to defeat him . . .

shokosugi
Dr. Strange wins.

Mindset
Originally posted by Kobashi
Unless he has prep time

Simple , see As simple as you are.

starlock
Dr Strange for the majority

Endless Mike
Strange can summon the power of Eternity

leonidas
not without permission from eternity who is extremely unlikely to grant it. again--who has strange defeated, without prep or some plot driven power summoning--that is on monarch's level? no one i can think of . . .

Endless Mike
Originally posted by leonidas
not without permission from eternity who is extremely unlikely to grant it. again--who has strange defeated, without prep or some plot driven power summoning--that is on monarch's level? no one i can think of . . .

Dormammu
Shuma-Gorath
Arioch
Mephisto
Satannish
Zom
Death

etc.

Charmander
Not Strange

Lord Feron
Not Monarch

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Dormammu
Shuma-Gorath
Arioch
Mephisto
Satannish
Zom
Death

etc.

I don't recall Strange winning those battles.

I recall Skyfather and longpig trying to make them come off as victories.

Xplosive
Monarch easily.

Bentley
Strange plays it smart, destroys the armor and bfr Monarch while he explodes. Easy win.

leonidas
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Dormammu
Shuma-Gorath
Arioch
Mephisto
Satannish
Zom
Death

etc.

laughing out loud

never. EVER. not even ONE of them, in a straight, no-prep/no plot device battle. hell, even with prep AND doom on his side he barely survived a battle with mephisto.

again--strange has never defeated anyone on monarch's level in this kind of straight-up, non-prep situation. monarch is far faster, and even if strange can throw up a shield, monarch can pummel it until strange is exhausted (and the answer to 'doesn't strange have auto-shieldszz??!' is a definitive no . . .)

monarch wins everytime.

Enyalus
Strange does have auto-shields...kind of. Its like an invisible mystic barrier that's always on.

How else would he survive shots from Juggernaut, etc?

Wasn't Arioch and Death both without prep?

leonidas
Originally posted by Enyalus
Strange does have auto-shields...kind of. Its like an invisible mystic barrier that's always on.

How else would he survive shots from Juggernaut, etc?

Wasn't Arioch and Death both without prep?

well, he never defeated death, so . . . confused

as far as arioch--can't remember all the details but didn't he steal his magic power or something? i thought he used black magic in that battle. something very out of character for him. besides, the ability to steal magic wouldn't help him here. erm

monarch takes this everytime imo.

oh--and he has shields on auto when the plot calls for it. they are not always on as nebula and skurge and others have both proven in the past.

Enyalus
well, he never defeated death, so . . . confused
Well not conclusively, no. But Death is far above Monarch...

as far as arioch--can't remember all the details but didn't he steal his magic power or something? i thought he used black magic in that battle. something very out of character for him.
He stole his powers and added them to his own after defeating him, IIRC. In order to take down Shuma. And he's a master of both kinds of magic, so he has them both at his disposal. stick out tongue

oh--and he has shields on auto when the plot calls for it. they are not always on as nebula and skurge and others have both proven in the past.
Meh. He's got them on more often than not. In addition to Juggy's punch, I just remembered him tanking Titannus' blow. I think when they aren't on, that's the PIS part. Not when they are on.

leonidas

Well not conclusively, no. But Death is far above Monarch...

well, of course death is above monarch, but since strange didn't defeat him . . .

after defeating him? hmm . . . i thought that was HOW he defeated him. anyway--monarch>arioch and strange isn't 'stealing' monarch's powers . . .

i'm not sure of that. i checked on this issue once because longpig used to make a huge deal of it. i've a nice collection of strange (which is why i said he's so friggin hard to judge at times). he has shown both sides (shields/no shields) to be true often enough. not sure which is pis. regardless--his shields would only last so long. strange once admitted that only ss could challenge thanos. if strange himself didn't feel he could take out thanos, he's not taking out monarch. certainly not without a lot of time to prepare for him.

Enyalus
well, of course death is above monarch, but since strange didn't defeat him . . .
Its a HER. uhuh

after defeating him? hmm . . . i thought that was HOW he defeated him. anyway--monarch>arioch and strange isn't 'stealing' monarch's powers . . .
Arioch is not below Monarch...at all.

i'm not sure of that. i checked on this issue once because longpig used to make a huge deal of it. i've a nice collection of strange (which is why i said he's so friggin hard to judge at times). he has shown both sides (shields/no shields) to be true often enough. not sure which is pis. regardless--his shields would only last so long. strange once admitted that only ss could challenge thanos. if strange himself didn't feel he could take out thanos, he's not taking out monarch. certainly not without a lot of time to prepare for him.

Pfft. Thanos would beat Monarch, too. Talk to Quan about that. He'll give you reasons.

Just give up and admit I'm right. uhuh

leonidas

Its a HER. uhuh

well excusssseeee me . . . stick out tongue

hard to tell, isn't it? did arioch appear somewhere aside from that strange tales arc? that was pretty ridiculous. he did seem quite powerful, but strange just . . . sucked arioch into himself to win that fight. confused strange was also left as a merged being though and again, no way he's sucking the very non-magical monarch into himself. big grin

laughing out loud

met quan have you? he and i have buried the hatchet so i'll leave that be . . .

heh. the hell fun is that? big grin

Enyalus
well excusssseeee me . . . stick out tongue
You're excused. For now.

Don't let it happen again. uhuh

hard to tell, isn't it? did arioch appear somewhere aside from that strange tales arc? that was pretty ridiculous. he did seem quite powerful, but strange just . . . sucked arioch into himself to win that fight. confused strange was also left as a merged being though and again, no way he's sucking the very non-magical monarch into himself. big grin
Nope, that was Arioch's last appearance I think.

...I could post a scan of The Source being magical in nature, and since the Quantum Field is one aspect of The Source, and Monarch having control over the Quantum Field that making him by ABC logic fundamentally magic in nature...

But I won't. wink

heh. the hell fun is that? big grin
Finally knowing you've said something that was right? uhuh

kgkg
Strange gets hyped way to often like the Flash.

People choose to ignore all low showing claiming as PIS. It easy to make seriousness were Strange does win but on average he does not operate at that level at least without prep or situation power up.

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
Strange gets hyped way to often like the Flash.

People choose to ignore all low showing claiming as PIS. It easy to make seriousness were Strange does win but on average he does not operate at that level at least without prep or situation power up.
I like the comparison to the Flash. Because the rules explicitly point out that although Flash doesn't run around blitz one-shotting people at light speed regularly, he has before and so its a viable tactic on the forum.

Ditto for Strange, if he's got the showings to do so.

kgkg
I like the comparison to the Flash. Because the rules explicitly point out that although Flash doesn't run around blitz one-shotting people at light speed regularly, he has before and so its a viable tactic on the forum.

Ditto for Strange, if he's got the showings to do so. Yes. It seem KMC like to ignore low end feat I mean for character like Strange and Flash might as well ignore comics wink

I used to love doing that but it's hard calming Flash will solo a team when he has problem with the likes of Grodd.

I need we need a balance smile

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
I need we need a balance smile
I agree. That's why sometimes I use Full Capacity rules when saying someone wins, and sometimes I don't.

kgkg
I agree. That's why sometimes I use Full Capacity rules when saying someone wins, and sometimes I don't. I just said "I need we need" ........hmm lol

Ya anyway Full Capacity is ***** for inconsistent characters like Flash and Dr.Strange etc

So how do we handle opposite facts? like time were character have failed to do certain tasks? Like speed limits , magic limits etc

for example using the Full Capacity rule Strange would almost never lose I believe there was a time were he died and came back in astral form etc which will mean almost impossible to defeat wink Also his auto shield which are as fast as light etc, time stoping powers etc

So anytime he fails about 90% of his comic book appearance is PIS if we go that route.

Imo Full Capacity interferes severely with comic book appearance for most characters than the debates because battle of the "best feats" while ignoring the low ones.

Don't know why but this reminds of Surfer vs Strange debate between Longpig and I.

Mindset
laughing out loud

never. EVER. not even ONE of them, in a straight, no-prep/no plot device battle. hell, even with prep AND doom on his side he barely survived a battle with mephisto.
That wasn't Classic Strange

leonidas
I agree. That's why sometimes I use Full Capacity rules when saying someone wins, and sometimes I don't.

yeah, like anytime i claim different. uhuh

leonidas
Originally posted by Mindset
That wasn't Classic Strange

huh? how dod you define classic strange? confused

carnage52
huh? how dod you define classic strange? confused
Back When He Was Cool.

The Nuul
Bump

The Nuul
bump

vansonbee
So many variables in this fight...

What I'm wondering is, can Doctor Strange shield hold off Monarch attacks? The eye of Agamotto for instance and his own shield for heck of it (which I doubt he has time to regenerate).

For now, 7/10 Monarch, due to no prep time and quick energy blast from Monarch!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.