Akuma vs TP Link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Phanteros
no arrows.

the fight takes place on a continent full of trees. the combatants are 100 kilometers away

Phanteros
bump

ThunderGodEneru
Gouki punches Link. Link dies.

MooCowofJustice
Are you specifically trying to spite Link? It really seems like it.

Link decides not to waste his time traveling 100 kilometers (I'm assuming Midna is denied here, too) and goes back to Hyrule, leaving Akuma to wander in the gigantic forest.

Phanteros
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Are you specifically trying to spite Link? It really seems like it.

Link decides not to waste his time traveling 100 kilometers (I'm assuming Midna is denied here, too) and goes back to Hyrule, leaving Akuma to wander in the gigantic forest. no. midna is here for him.

ThunderGodEneru
And what exactly will Midna do other than also be punched and die?

Phanteros
being a meat shield for link

ThunderGodEneru
So she takes one punch and explodes.

This will help Link how?

MooCowofJustice
I actually have no clue who the hell Akuma is, what he can do, or what game he's even from.

I was going along the lines of Midna teleporting Link around, possibly transforming him into his Wolf form, or...doing whatever the hell she can do.

ThunderGodEneru
Gouki destroyed an island by punching it.

He's from Streetfighter.

Phanteros
and destroyed a mountain

MooCowofJustice
Why do fighting games even bother with stories...

I'm gonna pull a 5L. Link uses Mortal Draw for an instant kill.

Phanteros
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Why do fighting games even bother with stories...

I'm gonna pull a 5L. Link uses Mortal Draw for an instant kill. failed to kill bosses

MooCowofJustice
Is Gouki as large as the main dungeon bosses in Twilight Princess?

ThunderGodEneru
No, he's 5'10".

But that is irrelevant. He is much more powerful than all but Ganon, who only MIGHT beat Gouki due to some broken abilities Ganon has.

Voyeur
Link a fiiarrzz his lazzarr blaalaaaaghgh!

Phanteros
Originally posted by Voyeur
Link a fiiarrzz his lazzarr blaalaaaaghgh! Akuma FALCON PUUUUNCHES Link into oblivion.

MooCowofJustice
I'm curious, what was with putting them 100 kilometers away? And even after that, continuing on to take away Link's Arrows?

I've no doubt that Link could shoot an arrow that far, but getting a bow that can handle that kind of stress would be a bit of a chore.

ScreamPaste
With Link'sa strength he could essentially twist his sheild into a steel wire and use a tree for a bow.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
With Link'sa strength he could essentially twist his sheild into a steel wire and use a tree for a bow. You're a funny guy.

Phanteros
Akuma can use a tree as a baseball bat

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
You're a funny guy. That I am, regardless, make-shift bow with no arrows = wtf?

Phanteros
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
That I am, regardless, make-shift bow with no arrows = wtf? link use rocks instead.

LLLLLink
Lmao. Link is plenty strong to take Akuma on barehanded.

A standard boxer's punch is equivilant to sticking your head out of a car window and centering a telephone pole with your face at 35 mph.

Gorons in TP box. They are made of rock. Figure it out.

So, we know Link can tank at least that (Screampaste, get in here and do some math)

And then there's lifting the Goron miniboss guy. O_O

As for the Mortal draw not working on bosses, they do not give the option to use it on bosses (i.e. Armagohma, Twilit Dragon, ect) in the game for obvious reasons.

Phanteros
Originally posted by LLLLLink

A standard boxer's punch is equivilant to sticking your head out of a car window and centering a telephone pole with your face at 35 mph.

So, we know Link can tank at least that (Screampaste, get in here and do some math)

As for the Mortal draw not working on bosses, they do not give the option to use it on bosses (i.e. Armagohma, Twilit Dragon, ect) in the game for obvious reasons. lol you think Akuma is a regular boxer.Akuma destroyed an island in a kick. busted a mountain in a punch

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by LLLLLink

As for the Mortal draw not working on bosses, they do not give the option to use it on bosses (i.e. Armagohma, Twilit Dragon, ect) in the game for obvious reasons. Oh is he now?

Hey Scream, care to do the calculations for actually shattering an island with a punch? And then do the calcs he asked you to do. See which one is more impressive.

ScreamPaste
K, my numbers say that, unless the island is ridiculously tiny, or Akuma has braced himself against some kind of immovable anchor above himself, it's impossible to do what he did, and he'd end up lifting himself off the ground. Akuma simply lacks the mass for the numbers to actually work. No matter how strong you are, you can only push down on the ground with as much force as your own weight+momentum if you were moving before you hit the ground. To obliterate an island he'd have to either be ridiculously fat, or be braced by something solid above him. Lifting the island would be mathable, breaking it while standing on it, not so much.

Sorry guys, cannot math it, it defies physics.

ThunderGodEneru
Kay.

I'm still going with it as more force than Link could ever apply to anything.

ScreamPaste
Just be glad I'm not BT, I'd call toonforce :P

LLLLLink
Phanteros, please highlight where I said ANYTHING about Akuma being a regular boxer. You may need to retract your statement.

Darkstorm Zero
Ok then, try this Screamer (Just for shits'n'giggles) What if that calc introduces Akuma's energy into it?

I'd say it equates to double digit MT PSI in order to crumble an entire island from such a small impact point.

And what about velocities, meteorites don't require anchorage to cause vast amounts of damage (A rock the size of a suitcase can level a building )

SuperLuigi
mortal draw can be used on ganon (the boss of all bosses) but it just stuns him. and is akuma a mortal human or what?

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Ok then, try this Screamer (Just for shits'n'giggles) What if that calc introduces Akuma's energy into it?

I'd say it equates to double digit MT PSI in order to crumble an entire island from such a small impact point.

And what about velocities, meteorites don't require anchorage to cause vast amounts of damage (A rock the size of a suitcase can level a building )

A rock that has built up insane momentum travelling through space unresisted that burns it's weigh through the atmosphere, and still weighs as much as Akuma does when it hitsa a building at 16km/per second can collapse it, yes. I personally have never enjoyed the SF games so Akuma busting an island is something I've never seen, but I'm saying you that from the standpoint of him being on that island and punching it, it doesn't work. For every action there is an equal reaction. Those rocks hurling through space? The restult of cataclysmic cosmic collisions. For Akuma to produce that sort of force in his arm he'd end up launching himself into space after he blew up the island. Really, really, far into space. Shame space is uninhabitable. o_O;

Edit; If you guys want I can still math how much energy that'd take? How big was the island.. ? But ask nicely, this is cutting in on my homework. I do enjoy shits n' giggles though.

Edit; and the name's ScreamPaste, or ShinTwist ScreamPaste, or Shin, or Scream, or Paste, or Jack. <_< Screamer implies I do the screaming, I do not enjoy this implication. :P

Edited again; Actually, to hell with that. For a single point of impact the size of someone's fist to not just penetrate an island but blow it the hell up? Stupidity. For one point of impact to produce an effect similar to a nuke? Akuma's hereby banned from math class, and I'm never participating in a debate he's in because that doesn't make any sense, Akuma broke physics. All I hold dear in life is shattered, you all suck. New thread; Akuma vs Pyron in an arm wrestle.

Edit: the above is meant to be humourous, but I'm still not debating Akuma anymore.

Darkstorm Zero
Akuma doesn't need air anymore, apparently... judging from the SF3 3rd Strike ending, but I digress.

You didn't calc the energy into that factor, Ki control (for arguments sake) can act as the anchor, that still leaves velocities and impact force. This is no ordinary punch mind you. The amount of power, focused on such a small area would easily tip 50 to 80 megatonnes PSI to cause the surrounding area...

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Akuma doesn't need air anymore, apparently... judging from the SF3 3rd Strike ending, but I digress.

You didn't calc the energy into that factor, Ki control (for arguments sake) can act as the anchor, that still leaves velocities and impact force. This is no ordinary punch mind you. The amount of power, focused on such a small area would easily tip 50 to 80 megatonnes PSI to cause the surrounding area...

K, so if he anchors himself with ki control, for a single punch to do somethign that ridiculous is still insanity. For this math to even work the fist has to weigh hundreds of tons and move at around 20 k/per second. I don't even wanna math it. Because fiurst we need to figure out how big the island is, what it's made of, then how mcuh force it takes to break that, then how to produce that sort of force, blah <_< it's insane. Akuma busted my calculator. I hate him forever and he's off my Christmas list. Also, space has other prbolems seperate from lack of oxygen. o_O Ever seen what happens when someone who was diving comes up too fast and depressurises? Imagine that from sea level to 0 gravity without a pressurised cabin in about a second. His blood would boil.

Darkstorm Zero
He came up from oceanic depth to surface in mere seconds in the same 3rd Strike ending.

Again, he did do it, though alot has to do with Ki control.

As for island size & composition, well the thing had mountains on it, but it was all barren rock, and the actual attack came in underground, near sea level.

Just for (again) arguments sake, lets put the island at 2 to 4 km in diameter, (Thats smaller than greater Melbourne, so no complaining from the size nazis)

EDIT: Sorry Scream, I didn't see your edits, now I'll ask nicely, could you do it? I mean my estimates may be accurate, but a 30 MT margin for error is uncomfortably wide...

ScreamPaste
In that case, I will attempt the math when I get home. It's going to be.. rough math, lol. I'd have to get creative for the exact dynamics of his punch so I'm just gonna try to come up with the energy behind it.

mastagambit
Akuma sweeps his leg and then does Shungokusastu so he gets up right into it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.