Dark Schneider VS Kami Tenchi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

I am who I am
There can be only one...who will it be?

ThunderGodEneru
erm

I am who I am
C'mon. Who the hell wins?!

ThunderGodEneru
The one who is a supreme being.

Next.

Endless Mike
Kami Tenchi is multiversal and omnipotent. He could end DS's existence easily.

God in Bastard!!verse was only said to have created one universe and he is way above DS

I am who I am
Omnipotent? Since when? And omnipotence doesn't have to mean, able to do any and everything perfectly all the time at the same time an infinite number of times. It has other limiting definitions that can be used and not be incorrect. Depending on if you want the guy to win or not.

If I were to argue on DS's behalf I could say omnipotence means, only able to do things in one's own nature or in one's own domain. And I'd be right ya'know. That def is in most dictionaries. Not sayin' you'de be wrong but I could abuse the hell outta that word for my own reasons. Not sayin' the "Tailor Man" is gonna win, I'm just sayin'.

"Omnipotence"...that word really grinds my gears.

TricksterPriest
Kami Tenchi is about as broken and overpowered as L-Sama, if not more so.

King Kandy
How could she be more? They're both god right?

Astner
Originally posted by King Kandy
How could she be more? They're both god right?
So is Kami from Dragonball.

Kami Tenchi >> L-sama >> Kami (DBZ)

Nephthys
That's exactly what it means though erm

Dictionary.com

Omnipotent- adj. Having unlimited or universal power, authority, or force; all-powerful. See Usage Note at infinite.
n.

1. One having unlimited power or authority.
2. Omnipotent God. Used with the.

Oxford dictionary- All powerful, infinate power

I am who I am
Check the other defs too, rather than post the ones you likewink

"HAVING VERY GREAT or unlimited authority or power"
"Having unlimited power of a particular kind"
(from Dictionary.com:lolsmile

"having unlimited or VERY GREAT POWER"

(Oxford dictionary:lolsmile

Nephthys
That isn't in my dictionary.

No it's always all-powerful. The very spelling of the word is omni (all) potent (power). All-powerful, get it? Any other usage is faulty and contrary to the initial purpose of the word.

I am who I am
Originally posted by Nephthys
That isn't in my dictionary.It's in mine. All of'em.

No it's always all-powerful. The very spelling of the word is omni (all) potent (power). All-powerful, get it? Any other usage is faulty and contrary to the initial purpose of the word. ALL powerful means, more powerful than everything else. Not, able to do everything. Two very different concepts. The word itself is on the verge of nonsense. The Bible says God is omnipotent and then goes on to state things God cannot do and that's where the word came from.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by I am who I am
It's in mine. All of'em.

No it's always all-powerful. The very spelling of the word is omni (all) potent (power). All-powerful, get it? Any other usage is faulty and contrary to the initial purpose of the word. ALL powerful means, more powerful than everything else. Not, able to do everything. Two very different concepts. The word itself is on the verge of nonsense. The Bible says God is omnipotent and then goes on to state things God cannot do and that's where the word came from.

The concept of omnipotence using the lord on high as an example goes something like this:

"If God is so omnipotent, can He make a sandwich so big, even He couldn't eat it all?"

"Yes, He can."

"But if He can't finish it, then He's not omnipotent."

"You didn't let me finish. Yes, He can make such a sandwich. Then, He'd eat it anyway."

Basically, omnitpotence means you do whatever you want, whenever you want, even if that means doing the impossible.

I am who I am
Originally posted by XanatosForever
ALL powerful means, more powerful than everything else. Not, able to do everything. Two very different concepts. The word itself is on the verge of nonsense. The Bible says God is omnipotent and then goes on to state things God cannot do and that's where the word came from.

The concept of omnipotence using the lord on high as an example goes something like this:

"If God is so omnipotent, can He make a sandwich so big, even He couldn't eat it all?"

"Yes, He can."

"But if He can't finish it, then He's not omnipotent."

"You didn't let me finish. Yes, He can make such a sandwich. Then, He'd eat it anyway."

Basically, omnitpotence means you do whatever you want, whenever you want, even if that means doing the impossible. It doesn't have to ALWAYS mean somthin' that ridiculous all the time.

God is Omnipotent but HE CAN NOT sin or do evil deeds. It is not of his nature. God can do all thing righteous and good but he can't do er damn thing. People like to twist the meanin' of the word so much.

If there were really omnipotent characters then they would never have to fight, but those we claim to have omnipotence fight all the time. Their universe are never the way they want it to be. This leads me to believe that when described as omnipotent it is meant to be taken as...

"Having very great or unlimited authority or power"

This doesn't mean, able to do every action possible and impossible.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by I am who I am
It doesn't have to ALWAYS mean somthin' that ridiculous all the time.

God is Omnipotent but HE CAN NOT sin or do evil deeds. It is not of his nature. God can do all thing righteous and good but he can't do er damn thing. People like to twist the meanin' of the word so much.

If there were really omnipotent characters then they would never have to fight, but those we claim to have omnipotence fight all the time. Their universe are never the way they want it to be. This leads me to believe that when described as omnipotent it is meant to be taken as...

"Having very great or unlimited authority or power"

This doesn't mean, able to do every action possible and impossible.

Who are you to say God can't do something? The whole reason he's God is because he CAN do it. His Word is our law, and who's to say he wouldn't some day change the meaning of the word sin, or to claim that evil deeds are good? I'd go on, but now we're getting into a religious debate. Omnipotent characters, while able to do anything, more often than not don't, either because they don't feel like it, or it's just not in their nature. They don't want to do something doesn't not mean they can't do something.

I am who I am
Who are you to say God can't do something? A guy who read the bible and knows that it says things that God cannot do. Some things that canbe done would make them less powerful.

The whole reason he's God is because he CAN do it.No he can not

His Word is our law,Indeed, if you believe in that sorta thing.

and who's to say he wouldn't some day change the meaning of the word sin, or to claim that evil deeds are good? He will never do that, because he is God and his power is so infinitely right that he will never have to change anything because he was correct the first time. Nothin' can be made more right, or less wrong because he made it. It is perfect if you believe in that sorta thing.

Endless Mike
Can we take the religious debate somewhere else, please?

XanatosForever
I stopped already, he wanted to get his rebuttal in, I guess. In any case, I say that Tenchi wins, pretty much because of reasons already stated, and that he's the only character I somewhat know of. no expression

I am who I am
Yea, I'm done too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.