LOTR Props: Wow!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
I was watching Disk 3 of the Fellowship (4 Disc Pack), and I watched a thing about Weta Workshop, the people who made the props and masks.

I was absolutely stunned! They had actuall blacksmiths and glassblowers and all that stuff. The swords were 100% real! Sauron's costume was a real suit of armor (or as close to real as you can get.) I think they deserve an award for what they did, and it was equally good in TTT!

What do you guys think?

mah
yeah, when you watch those documentaries you've just got to sit back and say 'wow'. and the costumes: 40 for each characters seperate outfit I think it was. because of all the stunt-doubles, mini-doubles and so on.
and all the detail and number of stuff that needs to be created; it's extremely impressive and kinda hard to believe almost.

Dexx
yes, i saw it too. Lotr is one of the ebst prepared movies i've seen (if not the best).
They actually planted the vegetation in hobbiton one year before the shootings. The swords and armours are fantastic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.