Star Trek Continuity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Badabing
In Star Trek TOS, World War III was either averted and/or nukes weren't used.

In Star Trek TNG, World War III was fought and with nukes.

My question is do we know which past regarding World War III the new Start Trek universe will follow?

Raoul
I thought in TOS the Eugenics Wars and WWIII happened quite close together?

I haven't seen an Ep of TOS in years, though...

Badabing
I think it was this episode where ST TOS states they avoided a 3rd World War.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708474/synopsis

Raoul
mmm

well, i think every star trek after TOS stated that there had been a WW3, though how they rebuilt so quickly by the time enterprise came around, i'll never know...

Mindship
Star Trek needs a crisis on infinite earths (ala DC) to resolve a lot of stuff.

darthmaul1
I do believe in TOS (a taste of armageddon) they did mention that they did use nuclear weapons and nearly destroyed themselves.
the ugenics war happened in 1992 and 50 years later the nuclear war happened, and enterprise took place in 2151 so 100 years is more than enough time to rebuild society. Look how far we have come in the last 100 years technologically. go here to see the timeline
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_Star_Trek

Darth Jello
My theory is that the two conflicts were interconnected. The Eugenics Wars were fought covertly as most of the wars between the 70's and 90's and WWIII occurred as a result of a mass destabilization of global governments and economies as a result of the revelation of the Eugenics Wars to the public. I mean, even TOS mentioned Philip Green as being one of the villains of WWIII seperate from Khan and the Eugenics Wars. It's kind of like an observer from the future could lump both World Wars as one conflict because the Treaty of Versailles arguably led to WWII

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Raoul
mmm

well, i think every star trek after TOS stated that there had been a WW3, though how they rebuilt so quickly by the time enterprise came around, i'll never know...

vulcans came and gave them a hand

Raoul
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
vulcans came and gave them a hand

bar that. stick out tongue

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Raoul
bar that. stick out tongue

stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.