Thanos vs Michael & Lucifer....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lordraiden
Can Thanos take down both the archangel Michael & Lucifer in these two scenarios:

1: w/IG He's entered the DCU and found Michael & Lucifer waiting for him. Can they get to him through the power of the gems?

2: w/Hotu He's absorbed the MU and become TOAA, and like Beyonder, stumbles upon a new universe, the DCU! The Presence sends out his two best, most cunning and powerfull, to both deal with him and test this new supreme being called Thanos!

Kris Blaze
1 - Michael and Lucifer no matter what.

2 - Is it Thanos with the HOTU or is it the TOAA? Because in Marvel: The End there seemed to be quite a few limits to Thanos' power. If he's the TOAA then I don't see how Lucifer and Michael can do anything.

TricksterPriest
Co-sign with Kris. Mikey and Lucy would stalemate HOTU.

Enyalus
Thanos in both.

vlaaad12345
And hes going to beat michael in scenario 1 how?

Bouboumaster
1- The duo

2- Thanos pwn

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
And hes going to beat michael in scenario 1 how?
Help me out with the spelling of this...

The same way Sandalphin did in Heaven.

I don't remember how to spell the guy's name. Angel who later led Lilith's armies and prior to that had Michael chained up.

xJLxKing
1st: Tie, or slightly to the duo
2nd: Thanos

kgkg
Featwise

Thanos both.

lordraiden
Originally posted by kgkg
Featwise

Thanos both.

Featwise? Hmmm, might have to get you to look into Lucifers feats, let alone Michaels ;-)

Enyalus
Originally posted by lordraiden
Featwise? Hmmm, might have to get you to look into Lucifers feats, let alone Michaels ;-)
They don't compare to Thanos'/the IG's.

lordraiden
Originally posted by Enyalus
They don't compare to Thanos'/the IG's.

Really? is that based solely on what you know of Thanos? or do you know all of Lucifers feats?

Enyalus
Really? is that based solely on what you know of Thanos? or do you know all of Lucifers feats?
I've read all of the Lucifer series after getting picked on mercilessly for commenting on a character I had no knowledge about. stick out tongue So I don't do that anymore.

Lucy's best combat feat IMO would be killing Michael while mind controlled by Fenris. Michael's would be....

Heh. Well, you'd have to go to the DCU for that one. Him bitching Spectre.

Mindset
Really? is that based solely on what you know of Thanos? or do you know all of Lucifers feats? I doubt he could make the comparison if he only knew of one side.

lordraiden
I've read all of the Lucifer series after getting picked on mercilessly for commenting on a character I had no knowledge about. stick out tongue So I don't do that anymore.

Lucy's best combat feat IMO would be killing Michael while mind controlled by Fenris. Michael's would be....

Heh. Well, you'd have to go to the DCU for that one. Him bitching Spectre.

My apologies, I wasn't saying you didn't have any knowledge of said character, was merely asking what knowledge you were basing you opinion on, is all. I have been on other sites where people seem to know much more bout one character and no where next to enough about the other, but based soley on what they know bout that character, is what they base their opinion on. Not saying that's what you were doing, just something i've learned to check over the years ;-)

Enyalus
My apologies, I wasn't saying you didn't have any knowledge of said character, was merely asking what knowledge you were basing you opinion on, is all. I have been on other sites where people seem to know much more bout one character and no where next to enough about the other, but based soley on what they know bout that character, is what they base their opinion on. Not saying that's what you were doing, just something i've learned to check over the years ;-)
I wasn't offended.

I just think KG is right - based on feats, Thanos wins both.

lordraiden
I wasn't offended.

I just think KG is right - based on feats, Thanos wins both.

Can't really ague with you on that one, as his feats are off the charts, and he's my favourite villain, next to Darkseid (the real one, that is ;-)

But... You wouldn't hear me say this too often, but as cunning as Thanos is, and he'd be at the top of his cunning game in Marvel, Lucifer>Thanos not only in power, but cunning as well! Lucifers power isn't that far behind Michaels, but between Michaels power, and Lucifer's cunning, dealing with someone who's always had the line of thought who's never really thought himself high enough to retain the power he's always gained and subconsciously relinquishes it, that's all the openning Lucifer needs..... something to think about.

xJLxKing
^Michael and Lucifer are equals.

Enyalus
Lucy's definitely more cunning than Thanos is.

But since Thanos is omniscient here, that means jack squat.

lordraiden
Originally posted by xJLxKing
^Michael and Lucifer are equals.

In what way? I believe Micahel is actually more powerfull, as he has (or had the Durmiurgos power, till he died and went to his daughter, elain beloc) not that Lucifer is anything to be trifled at. Lucifer just hapens to be more cunning.

Enyalus
In what way? I believe Micahel is actually more powerfull, as he has (or had the Durmiurgos power, till he died and went to his daughter, elain beloc) not that Lucifer is anything to be trifled at. Lucifer just hapens to be more cunning.
Michael's power is supposedly infinite.

Lucifer's will is supposedly infinite.

I believe the Lucy statement a lot more than I believe the Michael one.

lordraiden
Michael's power is supposedly infinite.

Lucifer's will is supposedly infinite.

I believe the Lucy statement a lot more than I believe the Michael one.

That's what I said, Michael has the power (again, not that Lucy's power is anything to sneeze at, Michael just has the edge on him in the pure power department) and Lucifer has the ultimate will/cunning mind!

Slaanesh
1. Not sure..but i think Thanos takes majority..

2. Thanos easily..

lordraiden
Something else I wanted to bring up that i've recently read elsewhere, is that the events of Marvel: The End were contained sololy withing the 4321 reality, that it didn't encompass the omniverse the way the IG did! "the Official handbook of the Marvel Universe places the events Marvel the End in reality 4321. Andy Schmidt and Tom Breevort have both confirmed that." Is another statement I read, which puts the Hotu as the most powerfull weapon and above the IG dubious, at best.

Enyalus
Something else I wanted to bring up that i've recently read elsewhere, is that the events of Marvel: The End were contained sololy withing the 4321 reality, that it didn't encompass the omniverse the way the IG did! "the Official handbook of the Marvel Universe places the events Marvel the End in reality 4321. Andy Schmidt and Tom Breevort have both confirmed that." Is another statement I read, which puts the Hotu as the most powerfull weapon and above the IG dubious, at best.
Not true.

That pharaoh, A-something, I think came from that universes. The events happened in 616 and the entire MU itself. That's confirmed multiple times throughout the story and in Thanos' bio and on Marvel.com's bio of the Marvel Universe.

lordraiden
Not true.

That pharaoh, A-something, I think came from that universes. The events happened in 616 and the entire MU itself. That's confirmed multiple times throughout the story and in Thanos' bio and on Marvel.com's bio of the Marvel Universe.

I'm not confirming it as true or not. but it has been stated by editors, so not sure if it's been retconned to be contained within that universe or not? I'm honestly not sure myself, but food for thought!

Enyalus
I'm not confirming it as true or not. but it has been stated by editors, so not sure if it's been retconned to be contained within that universe or not? I'm honestly not sure myself, but food for thought!
I'd need to see the article in question to believe that. Because Starlin - the writer - did an interview and explained that it was in fact the whole Marvel Universe that was killed/absorbed and reborn. And Marvel.com's history of the Marvel Universe only confirms that.

vlaaad12345
I don't see how michaels power is supposedly infinite it was laid out very clearly with statements like spark that expands forever and ocean of power with no shore or how when he was going to die if his power wasn't passed onto elaine it was going to pour out and overwhelm everything that exists.

King Kandy
Thanos loses first, wins second effortlessly.

Mindset
I don't see how michaels power is supposedly infinite it was laid out very clearly with statements like spark that expands forever and ocean of power with no shore or how when he was going to die if his power wasn't passed onto elaine it was going to pour out and overwhelm everything that exists. Do you think it is infinite or not?

kgkg
Featwise? Hmmm, might have to get you to look into Lucifers feats, let alone Michaels ;-) I have read the Lucifer serious few times. Which specific feat would make it a clear win against the IG?

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Mindset
Do you think it is infinite or not?
Of course its infinite it was spelled out rather clearly its gods power.

Enyalus
Of course its infinite it was spelled out rather clearly its gods power.
Sure. But even Yahweh admitted he wasn't truly omnipotent. So I don't see how Michael's power could be truly infinite.

And even if that were the case, its pretty obvious he can't use it to its fullest ability. This isn't Marvel and that different levels of infinity garbage. A being with infinite power in DC shouldn't ever lose.

vlaaad12345
Actually dc does have levels of infinityhttp://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2981/jla02906.jpg

King Kandy
Actually dc does have levels of infinityhttp://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2981/jla02906.jpg
WTF does that prove? That's just a very typical boast.

Xplosive
Not sure on he first one, probably duo but Thanos in 2nd.

Kris Blaze
There seemed to be a great deal of limitations to Thanos' power. Like the inability to fix a flaw in the Marvel multiverse. I greatly doubt Lucifer would have such a power in his own multiverse. Unfortunately, this is probably a mental limitation and I don't think that it indicates that he can be defeated. It's probably just a sign of his inexperience with it. Yes, I claim inexperience, despite the supposed "omniscience"

Xplosive
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
There seemed to be a great deal of limitations to Thanos' power. Like the inability to fix a flaw in the Marvel multiverse. I greatly doubt Lucifer would have such a power in his own multiverse. Unfortunately, this is probably a mental limitation and I don't think that it indicates that he can be defeated. It's probably just a sign of his inexperience with it. Yes, I claim inexperience, despite the supposed "omniscience"

Yeah. Even Thanos is too stupid for handling the power of THOTI and its responsibilities. That is why he let it go. Thanos always wanted power and when he got the ultimate power, he let it go. It was too much and anyway it was TOAA plan. Lucifer+Michael are no match for THOTI. They would only be an addition when he wrecked MU.

xJLxKing
The word infinite is over-exaggerated. Besides one man's opinion doesn't mean it true.

quanchi112
The word infinite is over-exaggerated. Besides one man's opinion doesn't mean it true. That's when overall feats/abilities come into play.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
That's when overall feats/abilities come into play.
So how are you going to proof if the word infinite is true for Michael, and Lucifer?

quanchi112
So how are you going to proof if the word infinite is true for Michael, and Lucifer? What?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
The flaw was sort of built into the very fabric of the MU. It had already infected the vibratory planes and the branes between dimensions. The only way to fix the flaw was to tear it down completely and rebuild from scratch.

Not sure if that could be considered a limitation or not. 'Cause, he apparently knew how to fix it. Just didn't want to make the sacrifice necessary to do it.

Mindset
The word infinite is over-exaggerated. Besides one man's opinion doesn't mean it true. It's not over-exaggerated, it's overused.

xJLxKing
It's not over-exaggerated, it's overused.
Actually, it's both. If you have infinite power, you should be unmatched, and unbeatable. For example, IG gives one total mastery of time, space..etc. However, there are still beings that are stronger. WTF?

Mindset
Actually, it's both. If you have infinite power, you should be unmatched, and unbeatable. For example, IG gives one total mastery of time, space..etc. However, there are still beings that are stronger. WTF? That would be a misuse of the word, not an over exaggeration.

xJLxKing
That would be a misuse of the word, not an over exaggeration.
Same crap. How many times can they misuse it?

Mindset
Every time they use it, apparently.

xJLxKing
Every time they use it, apparently.
Exactly. The biggest one yet is that there was an infinite amount of earth in DCU.

gogogadgetgo
Actually, it's both. If you have infinite power, you should be unmatched, and unbeatable. For example, IG gives one total mastery of time, space..etc. However, there are still beings that are stronger. WTF?

i agree, WTF?!

adam: i have infinite power with teh IG
living tribunal: yeah you do, but I have infinite power that dwarfs your infinite power..
adam: really?
living tribunal: yeah, really

me: WTF?!!!!! how is that even possible?
marvel: imagine teh set of odd numbers, its infinite, the set of even numbers is also infinite, combined its even a greater number of infinite numbers..
me: WTF?!!!! thats freeeeegginnn stupid!!!1!!1

xJLxKing
There are infinite earths(meaning non-ending), yet AM was able to kill all but a few. How is that possible?

King Kandy
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
i agree, WTF?!

adam: i have infinite power with teh IG
living tribunal: yeah you do, but I have infinite power that dwarfs your infinite power..
adam: really?
living tribunal: yeah, really

me: WTF?!!!!! how is that even possible?
marvel: imagine teh set of odd numbers, its infinite, the set of even numbers is also infinite, combined its even a greater number of infinite numbers..
me: WTF?!!!! thats freeeeegginnn stupid!!!1!!1
There's actually a whole section of calculus devoted to that concept... I don't think the marvel guy who wrote that really understood it though.

Enyalus
There are infinite earths(meaning non-ending), yet AM was able to kill all but a few. How is that possible?
The writer of COIE officially listed the count of # of Earths that AM ate during that arc at around 3,000. Happened in 1999.

Later retconned back to being 'infinite' in 52 and Countdown, etc...

Xplosive
Only what I saw as infinite power was THOTI. Thanos with it made other beings that were called infinite complete joke. THOTI was the only which was really infinite power within MU.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.