Cenobites vs. X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

six6six
-Apocalypse finds The Lament Configuration, which releases The Cenobites. He has them go on a killing spree on humans. The X-men find out that it is Apocalypse behind the murders and and naturally have to protect the humans. The X-men have never encountered beings like the Cenobites before though. Do the X-men have what it takes to take on the Cenobites or do they completely annihilate the Angels of Suffering? It's gonna be "Hell on Earth".

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t71/wolfsthornn/HellraiserFigures.jpg

vs.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n54/jchanfan/x-men.jpg

(This is ALL Cenobites shown in films against ALL X-men shown in films.)

note: to be fair, HellRaiser chains are made of Adamantium

Q'Anilia
Wouldn't Jean just ... kick butt?

six6six
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Wouldn't Jean just ... kick butt?

I wondered the same, but Pinhead is an angel/demon with divine powers. He can alter reality and produce chained hooks from nothingness.

Q'Anilia
The chains are metal though. Magneto is part of the fight.

six6six
The chains are metal though. Magneto is part of the fight.

good point.

six6six
Is Magneto really gonna beat a "demon" though? erm

celestialdemon
X-Men win. The chains will be weapons for Magneto to use. He could keep them at bay while Phoenix annihilates the Cenobites.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by six6six
Is Magneto really gonna beat a "demon" though? erm

He doesn't need to. He's not alone.

BruceSkywalker
"He will tear your soul apart"

X-Men still win though

K-Dog
Oh man, Cyclops blasting all-out, Storm sending down lighting bolts, Colossus and Juggernaut running full-bore ahead throwng fists that would destroy a car, Magneto doing whatever he wants to, Wolverine and Sabertooth giving good 1 on 1 fights, Nightcrawler too scared to fight, Jean (before Phoenix state) probably battling 1 on 1 via telekinesis and mind control, etc.....I think they have it.
How many cenobites are there? There were some other pretty powerful "bad" mutants that got neutralized by the cure pretty early on that could breath fire and incinerate humans, jump long distances, run super-fast, etc. I think the mutants take it.

KingD19
Magneto can actually solo, considering most if not all Cenobites have some form of metal on or in their bodies, if I remember correctly.

Robtard
This is an unfair fight, esp. with Phoenix. I think we should add some sodomites to the Cenobite force, to maybe even things out a bit.

Harvey Milk (Milk) - Briefcase with papers
James Whale (Gods & Monsters) Antique camera, brushes and paint
Magneto (yes, just pretend there are two here) - Powers
Tom Ripley (The Talented Mr. Ripley) - Oar
Elliot Wilhelm (Be Cool) - H2H skills
Lestat (I.W.T.V.) - Powers
Edward Cullen(Twilight)- Powers
Ass-less chaps biker with the mohawk (The Road Warrior/Mad Max 2) - Motorcycle, length of chain, wrist-crossbow

Edit: Forgot to include their weapons/gear

jinXed by JaNx
I really don't think the Cenobites have a chance. It seems to me that the only cenobite who has supernatural abilities is Pinhead. I think Pinhead would do very at keeping Jean under control by showing her her own personal hell but otherwise, the Cenobites seem to rely only on physical abilities. I'm sure Xavier is strong minded enough to defend against Pinheads mental attacks. I'm sure that Cyclops, Wolverine, Colossus and Nightcrawler would be enough to take the Cenobites down. Although, we can't forget that as long as the Box is open, the Cenobites cannot die. The gateway has to be closed but again, i'm sure the team could easily keep the Cenobites at bay while Jean closes the box.

omgchos
Originally posted by Robtard
This is an unfair fight, esp. with Phoenix. I think we should add some sodomites to the Cenobite force, to maybe even things out a bit.
Edward Cullen(Twilight)- Powers
Ass-less chaps biker with the mohawk (The Road Warrior/Mad Max 2) - Motorcycle, length of chain, wrist-crossbow

Edit: Forgot to include their weapons/gear
Oh i see what you did there with cullen.
And that fool went crazy as hell when the kid killed his but buddy.

With these two alone the x-men have a chance.

omgchos
Er i meant cenobites.

six6six

Q'Anilia

six6six
"Seems to have" should be noted. It doesn't state that he actually has that. Has he even done anything that would allow him to give the X-Men a challenge?

-At 1:06 he melts that cross just by thinking it.

BO1mmzIAz3k

Robtard
So he can break windows and melt metal, stands to reason he has some level of telekinesis and matter control, still not a match to Jean's stopping a massive wave and turning scores of fools into ash, instantly. Going by the 'seen in the films' rule.

Even if he is a match for Jean/Phoenix and they stalemate, the other X-men are taking the Cenobites down.

Really need to add at least a few sodomites, as I suggested.

Placidity
Originally posted by Robtard
So he can break windows and melt metal, stands to reason he has some level of telekinesis and matter control, still not a match to Jean's stopping a massive wave and turning scores of fools into ash, instantly. Going by the 'seen in the films' rule.

Even if he is a match for Jean/Phoenix and they stalemate, the other X-men are taking the Cenobites down.

Really need to add at least a few sodomites, as I suggested.

I'm sure I read somewhere that Pinhead's powers are magic-based.

Robtard
He's supernatural, so it stands to reason they are. Doesn't really matter where they come from, their overall effectiveness does.

I'd imagine him being a demon/devil, he could destory any mortal creature, but that goes against the 'seen on film' rule.

six6six
Powers and abilities:

Pinhead is an extremely powerful being, and as such, has several supernatural abilities. He is virtually unstoppable and invulnerable in the physical sense, but rarely engages in physical combat, instead letting hooked chains do his bidding. His preferred method of attack is by summoning hooks and chains to mutilate victims, often pulling said victims in several directions to tear them apart. These chains are subject to his total mental control and he may direct them at will. The chains may even change shape after having attached to a victim. Pinhead is highly resistant to damage and direct assault, able to shrug off all but the most potent attacks.

His magic is also used for creating objects out of thin air, teleporting, creating explosions at distances and deceiving opponents with illusions. Pinhead is also familiar with the Occult and magic, with an ability to read minds. He is at once charismatic and terrifying, and can often persuade others to perform horrific acts to his favour.

It is not known if Pinhead's power exceeds that of other Cenobites, although he was once killed by the Channard Cenobite after remembering his human life. In Parts 3 and 4, Pinhead creates Cenobites from his victims, which tend to be physically manipulated to resemble an aspect of their human lives with special abilities granted in the process. Pinhead is rarely without an entourage of such beings.

When the Pinhead character's inhuman evil (Unbound Pinhead) manifests in the world in Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth, it seems to have nearly unlimited and highly versatile powers. He could telekinetically control vast areas, transfer matter to different forms whether it be living or non living, create and control fire, animate objects, and the like. Towards the end of the film, Pinhead's human side suggests that he is no longer bound by the rules governing other Cenobites (suggesting others among them might have such power).

KingD19
Dark Phoenix was able to take a tin cup, and turn it into pure energy. I think anything Pinhead does can be matched.

six6six
Originally posted by KingD19
Dark Phoenix was able to take a tin cup, and turn it into pure energy. I think anything Pinhead does can be matched.

Phoenix couldn't really control her powers yet though. Pinhead knowing what power he has and how to use it, could obliterate a whole lotta dem mutants.

KingD19
Phoenix had full control over her powers, Jean was just fighting her tooth and nail to regain control over her mind and body. Remember she turned it to energy, then tore the gun apart and was about to skewer Magneto with those darts? And even when she 1st transformed, she had enough control to ash Xavier. Either by ripping apart his molecular bonds, or something else.

jinXed by JaNx
I've NEVER seen pinhead display any type of power that comes close to rivaling an alpha class mutant. I've seen Pinhead use telekinesis on a small scale and summon chains out of his ass. The strongest power i've seen Pinhead utilize is using his telepathy to change someone's perspective. This, however is small beans compared to what we've seen from Professor Xavier and Jean Grey.

The other Cenobites seem to be disposable minions. They rarely do anything other than stand next to Pinheads side and look menacing. What ever ability the Cenobites have in the books are irrelevant. I know that they should be able to send the entire band of the X-men into a state of insanity by showing them Hell but their movie counterparts are rather weak when compared to what we've seen from some of the X-men on screen. The only factor that may become a problem for the X-men is that the Cenobites are immortal. They will just keep coming and coming until the box is closed but if humans can close the box within seconds, i'm sure Xavier or Jean could do it even quicker.

Also, you have to remember, like the stupid ass problem we have with matching up Neo with someone else, Wolverine is a God. Jesus, i really hate Wolverine these days.

Placidity
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Wolverine is a God. Jesus, i really hate Wolverine these days.

Haha If you hate movie Wolverine, you should go look in the Comics vs section, He is invincible there.

Kazenji
He's not that invincible

i really hate Wolverine these days.

becaue of how over exposed he is ? erm

Placidity
Originally posted by Kazenji
He's not that invincible

Well theres a whole thread dedicated to 'if' he can be killed. People have tried to argue that throwing him into the Sun not being a viable option...

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
He's not that invincible

becaue of how over exposed he is ? erm

Nah, it's not so much that. Although, i did like it better when Wolverine actually required downtime to heal major wounds but yeah, that really doesn't bother me. I mean, no matter how powerful a Hero may be there will always be a villain to offset them. I'm just sick of Wolverine being shoved down my throat. I don't like where his character has gone. I prefer a more mysterious Wolverine who does what he wants and sits in the shadows of the x-men. I don't like the idea of Wolverine being a leader. I think i started being turned off of Wolverine after they explored his origins in the Comics.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Placidity
Haha If you hate movie Wolverine, you should go look in the Comics vs section, He is invincible there.

haha, i've learned a long time ago to stay away from that forum laughing out loud

six6six
The only factor that may become a problem for the X-men is that the Cenobites are immortal. They will just keep coming and coming until the box is closed but if humans can close the box within seconds, i'm sure Xavier or Jean could do it even quicker.

Remember, it is Apocalypse that has the BOX. They're not gonna get it that easy. That part of it is irrelevant though, seen as how that Apocalypse isn't in the movie. I was just throwing him in there for the scenario, but obviously he isn't in this fight. To put it simply, the BOX isn't around here.

I do see what you mean though about the Cenobites, but them being immortal, don't you think they'd eventually pick off the mutants 1 at a time? Xavier & Jean can hold them at bay for a while, but not forever .

I should've specified that it is Jean Grey and NOT Phoenix here. Of course Phoenix all out solos.

KingD19
Well if it's just Jean, give her the capacity to transform into Phoenix, or take Pinhead out of the fight, that makes it majorly unfair if you don't. And it's also unfair that they can't get to the box. After every Cenobite is defeated, they should get a certain time limit to find the box.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by six6six
Remember, it is Apocalypse that has the BOX. They're not gonna get it that easy. That part of it is irrelevant though, seen as how that Apocalypse isn't in the movie. I was just throwing him in there for the scenario, but obviously he isn't in this fight. To put it simply, the BOX isn't around here.

I do see what you mean though about the Cenobites, but them being immortal, don't you think they'd eventually pick off the mutants 1 at a time? Xavier & Jean can hold them at bay for a while, but not forever .

I should've specified that it is Jean Grey and NOT Phoenix here. Of course Phoenix all out solos.

Yeah, i just hate to give this to the Cenobites because the X-men have been raped so badly over this past decade. NO ONE has been able to do them proper justice. There is no reason why Red or Gold Team could not Stomp the Cenobites but unfortunately, the movie counterparts are made out to be silly pussies. Because the Cenobites are immortal they will definitely win and it wouldn't take very long. If this were a match where a knockout counts as a kill, then i still think the X-men could take this match with great ease.

If you have Jean and Xavier giving support while Cyclops removes his visor and keeps the cenobites at bay, Nightcrawler, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus and Gambit would run a train on them. It would be a mud stomping. Although, i'm not sure how hell chains will fair against colossus' skin. They're definitely not getting that box out of Apocs hands though laughing out loud

Dr Will Hatch
Why would they fight in the first place if the X Men could just close the box?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
Why would they fight in the first place if the X Men could just close the box?

because this is a cool matchup laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.