ROTS scenario, Yoda takes Obi Wan with him to defeat The Emperor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Higilo
All out, instead of just Yoda The Emperor must defeat Obi Wan

Higilo
Who would win

Nephthys
Obi dies quick like the B-team and Sidious pulls a win out of his wrinkly ass.

mattatom
Can you extend this a little Higilo? Does Yoda still act like a tard and get thrown across the room and where would Obi Wan be if that happened?

Lord Lucien
If this is jumping right to the rotunda scene, Obi might provide a bit of a distraction. To Yoda.

Gideon
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
If this is jumping right to the rotunda scene, Obi might provide a bit of a distraction. To Yoda.

Agreed. I see, in those critical three seconds where Palpatine disposes of Obi-Wan, Yoda able to capitalize on it.

Higilo
3 seconds, i though Obi Wan was the master of defence, i thought he would survive a bit longer, that is why the arrest party would have preferred the situation if Obi Wan was there. Plus the Emperor would focus on Yoda.

Gideon
Originally posted by Higilo
3 seconds, i though Obi Wan was the master of defence, i thought he would survive a bit longer, that is why the arrest party would have preferred the situation if Obi Wan was there. Plus the Emperor would focus on Yoda.

Dooku, when he felt like pulling out the stops, manhandled Obi-Wan with the Force while dealing with Anakin. Palpatine, who is more powerful than Dooku, would logically be able to do it with greater ease and more finality.

mattatom
Originally posted by Gideon
Dooku, when he felt like pulling out the stops, manhandled Obi-Wan with the Force while dealing with Anakin. Palpatine, who is more powerful than Dooku, would logically be able to do it with greater ease and more finality.
QFT

Also, if the lightening which hit Yoda in that scene threw him across the room, i'm guessing it'd fry Obi Wan, since i'm guessing his Force Barrier would be weaker.

Hewhoknowsall
LOL people think that Sidious = Yoda but think that Obi Wan (one of the greatest Jedi ever) being on Yoda's team will HINDER Yoda...Caedus (who's almost as powerful as Sidious) considered Kyle Katarn (arguably weaker than Obi Wan) to be a significant threat when he encountered him. Even if Sidious could quickly deal with Obi Wan, that'll give Yoda an opening.

It's like a Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris fight and saying that it's a tie, but then Bruce Lee gets some random boxer on his side and you say that Chuck Norris wins. This is total power, not average power.

The Ground
Please give the quote where someone clearly states: Yoda is as powerful/fast as Sidious. And try to make it from someone who is not an idiot.

Also, as far as Caedus goes, he is only 60% of the most powerful sith in history. Furthermore, if he truly believed him to be a threat, that's proof that he's not even in the same league as Palpatine. Sidious would cut down Obi-Wan like he was nothing. I doubt he would help Yoda in any way, and eventually Yoda would need to assume a defensive position to defend Kenobi's sorry ass.

Average power? What kind of power can Obi-Wan contribute using Soresu? Against Dooku he posed little threat, even when he went all out. Now take that, throw it against a sith lord of Sidious' caliber, and see if he survives for over 10 seconds. But wait, there's more! Now lets mix in a powerful swordsman who matched Sidious' blade, and have the former get in the way.

It's a lose-lose situation for the duo. Either Kenobi goes and blocks Yoda's attacks, then dies after 15 seconds, turning the duel into a Force contest, or Yoda goes on the offensive, disarms Palpatine, and he rains lightning down, killing Kenobi and shooting Yoda across the room.

Gideon
That was weird.

Anyways, Palpatine is able to use the Force. That's the problem. Kenobi would definitely be more than a distraction in a strict lightsaber duel, but when Sidious has the ability to just trash him effortlessly with the Force, his contribution to this fight is negligible at best.

Lord Lucien
And as a Jedi, Yoda would be concerned for Kenobi's safety and try to protect him. Something Palpatine would love. Yoda let Dooku escape to save Obi-Wan and Anakin, same scenario. But worse. With Palpatine.

Gideon
And as a Jedi, Yoda would be concerned for Kenobi's safety and try to protect him. Something Palpatine would love. Yoda let Dooku escape to save Obi-Wan and Anakin, same scenario. But worse. With Palpatine.

He wouldn't get the chance, though. Hence why I say that Yoda would probably win it.

Jamefril
Obi-Wan is my favorite Star Wars character so I have to stick up for him.
I think that in fact he would be the defeat of Darth Sidious. Mace was able to easily beat Sidious and Obi-Wan is said to have been able to hold his own against Mace. Google it. Therefore Sidious would have been quickly overwhelmed and defeated. Providing Vader didn't show up because he felt his master "was in danger".

Eminence
Originally posted by The Ground
Please give the quote where someone clearly states: Yoda is as powerful/fast as Sidious. And try to make it from someone who is not an idiot.

Also, as far as Caedus goes, he is only 60% of the most powerful sith in history. Furthermore, if he truly believed him to be a threat, that's proof that he's not even in the same league as Palpatine. Sidious would cut down Obi-Wan like he was nothing. I doubt he would help Yoda in any way, and eventually Yoda would need to assume a defensive position to defend Kenobi's sorry ass.

Average power? What kind of power can Obi-Wan contribute using Soresu? Against Dooku he posed little threat, even when he went all out. Now take that, throw it against a sith lord of Sidious' caliber, and see if he survives for over 10 seconds. But wait, there's more! Now lets mix in a powerful swordsman who matched Sidious' blade, and have the former get in the way.

It's a lose-lose situation for the duo. Either Kenobi goes and blocks Yoda's attacks, then dies after 15 seconds, turning the duel into a Force contest, or Yoda goes on the offensive, disarms Palpatine, and he rains lightning down, killing Kenobi and shooting Yoda across the room.

These posts baffle me.

Vorpal Ruin
Also, as far as Caedus goes, he is only 60% of the most powerful sith in history.

This guy just making up some numbers here?

kotorfan
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
LOL people think that Sidious = Yoda but think that Obi Wan (one of the greatest Jedi ever) being on Yoda's team will HINDER Yoda...Caedus (who's almost as powerful as Sidious) considered Kyle Katarn (arguably weaker than Obi Wan) to be a significant threat when he encountered him. Even if Sidious could quickly deal with Obi Wan, that'll give Yoda an opening.

It's like a Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris fight and saying that it's a tie, but then Bruce Lee gets some random boxer on his side and you say that Chuck Norris wins. This is total power, not average power.

no.. Bruce Lee would lose because of that random boxer. unless that boxer is a student of his who can work with him...

but they would just get in the way. Bruce needs the extra room to move around. He's not the strong buff kinda guy (well hes pretty jacked) but chuck norris is stronger.. Hes like 200 llbs and bruce is 130. or w/e it is. anyways Chuck has the weight advantage and should logically be slower. Bruce should be able to capitalize on his speed to counter Chuck's power.

With obi wan in the way, (he is way out of Sids and Yoda's league), he would either be killed quickly with no effort on palpy at all, or get in the way of Yoda.

BTW... this is so awesome.. idk if its fake or not, but even if it is, its still awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QHslHpK4-Q

this might lag.. cuz it lagged for me for unknown reasons. it was fully buffered so idk. but its still cool.

sry if thats considered an advertisement or anything. just thought that it was cool and since we are talking about Bruce Lee..

Hewhoknowsall

Also, as far as Caedus goes, he is only 60% of the most powerful sith in history.

eek! DIRECT QUOTE from the cover flap of Invincible: "For Caedus is a scion of both the Skywalker and Solo bloodlines whose command of the Force surpasses even that of his grandfather Darth Vader.

Darth Vader was stated to be 80% of Sidious, so Caedus is >80%.

Eminence
I lose brain cells every time someone says this.

*Anticipates moar*

Red Nemesis
*does not fulfill Eminence's expectations*

Gideon
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
*does not fulfill Eminence's expectations*

In bed?

Red Nemesis
Well played sir. Well played indeed.

Gideon
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Well played sir. Well played indeed.

ty.

Kodiak
Obi1 might get in the way a bit but together they will probably win.

Lord Lucien
Really doubt that.

Janus Marius
Obi-Wan kills himself like Visas and this weakens Sidious who always had a thing for him, and then Yoda wins.

kotorfan
sids would bring Anakin, and there is no lava this time..

Placidity
Why would Obi Wan get in the way?

If multiple Jedi outnumbering Palpatine is a disadvtange, why did Mace bring along 3 other Jedi Masters?

Janus Marius
Because he wanted Red Shirts to spice up the confrontation.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Placidity
Why would Obi Wan get in the way?

If multiple Jedi outnumbering Palpatine is a disadvtange, why did Mace bring along 3 other Jedi Masters? Incidentally, those 3 Jedi died in seconds while the solitary fighter beat Sidious.

Obi-Wan's presence would hinder Yoda. As a Jedi, and with a semblance of compassion and caring, Yoda would worry about Kenobi being killed, thereby forcing him to cease an attack on Sidious and switch to defense--hardly the goal of the operation. In some situations, numbers confer no advantage, especially if emotions play a substantial part, like in this case.

Hewhoknowsall
Incidentally, those 3 Jedi died in seconds while the solitary fighter beat Sidious.

Obi-Wan's presence would hinder Yoda. As a Jedi, and with a semblance of compassion and caring, Yoda would worry about Kenobi being killed, thereby forcing him to cease an attack on Sidious and switch to defense--hardly the goal of the operation. In some situations, numbers confer no advantage, especially if emotions play a substantial part, like in this case.

Obi Wan, THE master of Soresu having fought a huge multitude of Sith, one of the most famous and powerful Jedi in history and having done a number of feats that few other jedi have accomplished would hinder his side in a battle? Am I missing something here? Even if Sidious could one shot Obi Wan, doing so would let his guard down and expend his energy, giving Yoda an opening to attack FTK.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Obi Wan, THE master of Soresu having fought a huge multitude of Sith, one of the most famous and powerful Jedi in history and having done a number of feats that few other jedi have accomplished would hinder his side in a battle? Am I missing something here? Even if Sidious could one shot Obi Wan, doing so would let his guard down and expend his energy, giving Yoda an opening to attack FTK. Because you know, Obi-Wan can chuck Senate pods around like baseballs, deflect Lightning from the most powerful Sith lord with his bare hands, and raise his power level to over 9000.

Placidity
As a Jedi, and with a semblance of compassion and caring, Yoda would worry about Kenobi being killed, thereby forcing him to cease an attack on Sidious and switch to defense

And likewise, if Yoda went on an all-out offense, it would force Palpatine to focus more on Yoda. He could hardly handle Yoda in RotS, seems silly to entertain the idea he could toy with Obi-Wan while managing to not get killed by Yoda.

I don't recall 2v1 ever being a disadvantage. And rightly so, it just doesn't make any sense unless you put some spin on it.

"This time we take him together ".

- Obi-Wan Kenobi

Lord Lucien
He toyed with Yoda quite a bit in the Pod-flinging scene. We've all established around here that Yoda was no match in that fight. Kenobi would only get in Yoda's way, something Yoda could not afford.

Eminence
He toyed with Yoda quite a bit in the Pod-flinging scene. We've all established around here that Yoda was no match in that fight. I must've missed this.

WO Polaski
yoda would not have lost if he wasnt so small and hadnt been so close to the edge of the pod. his loss is comparable to anakins loss at the lava place.

kotorfan
Because you know, Obi-Wan can chuck Senate pods around like baseballs, deflect Lightning from the most powerful Sith lord with his bare hands, and raise his power level to over 9000.

and fire kamehamehas, as well as getting more powerful as the battle progresses. Then his hair turns goldern/blonde/yellow and fires yellow balls of ki energy. (broly)

Gideon
Originally posted by Eminence
I must've missed this.

It's not surprising.

Video of reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nZ624mrCE4

From 2:35, you see that Palpatine's all chuckles when it comes to Yoda. This carries on throughout the pod scene; Sidious literally has thousands of projectiles to hurl, and Yoda's obviously more focused on evading them rather than -- as demonstrated -- expending precious energy trying to deflect them. This is speculation, but Palpatine was probably of the mentality that he would keep his distance, allowing Yoda to burn through his Force reserves.

From 3:03 to 3:12, Yoda is preoccupied maintaining the weight of the pod and spinning it back to Palpatine; Palpatine doesn't give a shit. He, in fact, laughs into his hand. Given the obvious effort it took to stop a single pod, Palpatine was in a clear position to press his advantage.

But that's what happens when you're a cocky bastard.

Now before Janus comes in here and forces me to obliterate the creek-freezing bastard that he is, I will clarify: this does not in any way mean that Yoda "was no match" for Sidious, but that Sidious frequently held a position of clear advantage where he could have possibly struck a clear victory (the other time is when Yoda was unconscious).

Yoda, meanwhile, did not.

Eminence
?

You just like posting.

Gideon
^^

He was.

Eminence
^^

He was. You're an asshat of a postwhore.

Gideon
You're an asshat of a postwhore.

ty

Lord Lucien
My fault. I have a habit for insinuations. Forgot the word "ultimately."

Janus Marius
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

*Freeze creek*

Eminence
My fault. I have a habit for insinuations. Forgot the word "ultimately." I don't think I've seen anyone here try to make the case that Yoda was no match for Palpatine.

Gideon
I don't think I've seen anyone here try to make the case that Yoda was no match for Palpatine.

Yoda himself made that case when he hauled his little green ass out of the Rotunda and spent the rest of his life in a hut on a backswampwater world trying to avoid the Emperor's detection.

I believe his words were "Failed, I have."

*waits for the creek freezing bastard*

shifty

Lord Lucien
I don't think I've seen anyone here try to make the case that Yoda was no match for Palpatine. I didn't say ever. In that match, Yoda was ultimately no match.

Janus Marius
Yoda himself made that case when he hauled his little green ass out of the Rotunda and spent the rest of his life in a hut on a backswampwater world trying to avoid the Emperor's detection.

shifty

Frozen Creek, Kentucky

Eminence
I didn't say ever. In that match, Yoda was ultimately no match. I didn't say you said "ever," I said I've never seen someone make the case that Yoda wasn't capable of defeating Sidious .

And you're weird. Hewhoknowsall has it right.

Lord Lucien
I didn't say you said "ever," I said I've never seen someone make the case that Yoda wasn't capable of defeating Sidious .

And you're weird. Hewhoknowsall has it right. The f*ck? Everyone knows I'm weird. That guy doesn't know shit.

Eminence
He knows all.

Gideon
He knows all.

Address me by my name, plz. I know you know it. Lord knows your mom has moaned it enough.

If walls could talk.

shifty

Lord Lucien
Address me by my name, plz. I know you know it. Lord knows your mom has moaned it enough.

If walls could talk.

shifty Yeah?

What IF walls could talk?

Gideon
Yeah?

What IF walls could talk?

i dunno

Higilo
The reason i posted this is because I thought instead of all that talking and that force show between Yoda and Sidious, the battle would start more quickly, and would not make it to the pod room because Obi wan could cover Yoda from behind Sidious. Yoda was good in the fight by himself, and that arguement about Dooku handling Obi Wan whilst fighting Anakin is irrelevant, Obi Wan lasted longer against Anakin than Dooku did. I would give it to the Jedi, you know Obi Wan being a master of defence whilst Yoda attacks, well balanced I think.

Hewhoknowsall
Another off topic discussion! You guys need to stop.

I think team wins for obvious reason.

See Janus/Lucien? I'm being more mature than you two.

Eminence
Hewhoknowsall
Another off topic discussion! You guys need to stop.Doing this makes defending you difficult. Chill out.

I trust you'll see the irony.

Gideon
I trust you'll see the irony.

I've got a better one for you. This was taken from our PM:

no expression

Hewhoknowsall
@Janus

Based on logic and common sense, any rational person could conclude that by "latter two" I meant the latter two in the thread title (ie. GFFA and Krayt's Sith Empire).

Eminence
I've got a better one for you. This was taken from our PM:

no expression I... umm...

Dude, you're killing me.

kotorfan

shifty

so did palpatine, at the beginnig of their duel. He jumped towards the exit, but Yoda stoped him.

Gideon
Originally posted by kotorfan
so did palpatine, at the beginnig of their duel. He jumped towards the exit, but Yoda stoped him.

Palpatine had a lot of shit left to lose. An opportunist whose sole priorities in life are a.) self preservation and b.) self exaltation? I wouldn't blame him from running from anybody at that point: be it Yoda or a pissed off janitor.

What did Yoda have left to lose?

Lord Lucien
His stick and cloak. Seriously, if I went through everything that Yoda did, failed, and then found out I lost my walking stick and coat... f*ck!

kotorfan
lol. yeah. He did lose his cloak, but I imagine that he got another one.

Palpy's goas apprentice were at stake. But I don't think he would run away from a janitor.. mabye janus though.

Hewhoknowsall
Back on topic, team wins for obvious reasons.

Red Nemesis
His stick and cloak. Seriously, if I went through everything that Yoda did, failed, and then found out I lost my walking stick and coat... f*ck!

He wasn't tall enuf to reach his cloak. It was too high for him.

kotorfan
he could jump back up.. he only lost it like halfway down

Red Nemesis
short jok?

Hewhoknowsall
It's strange how Yoda needs a walking stick to move around yet all the sudden is able to leap around the room and dodge lightsaber strikes...

Lord Lucien
It's the Ataru.

Hewhoknowsall
It's the Ataru.

Right...I thought that Ataru was just a form? And not some technique that makes you move faster?

Lord Lucien
No, the lightsaber forms can offer something. Ataru, as Yoda uses it, utilizes the Force to temporarily overcome his stature and physical weakness from his age. But it tends to leave him drained afterwards.

Hewhoknowsall
No, the lightsaber forms can offer something. Ataru, as Yoda uses it, utilizes the Force to temporarily overcome his stature and physical weakness from his age. But it tends to leave him drained afterwards.

I guess you're right.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.