Aya Brea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs35/f/2008/311/d/1/Parasite_Eve_3rd_Birthday_by_lineangelbr.jpg

I was watching the J-horror flick Parasite Eve (the one with Riona Hazuki as Mitochondria Eve) when I found out that no one did not do a respect thread on Miss Brea.

By my research, Aya Brea is the second halvsie (person with Japanese ancestry and/or heritage) character to appear in a videogame, the first being Benimaru Nikaido from King of Fighters and Dead or Alive's Hitomi being No.3.

Aya's Stats

Nationality: American
Ethnic Background: Japanese mother, Caucasian father
Date of Birth/Age: November 20, 1972/25 years old (Parasite Eve); 27 years old (Parasite eve 2)
Place of Birth: Boston, Massachusetts
Height: 5'3"
Weight: N/A
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Blood Type: N/A
Family: Unnamed father; Mariko Brea, mother (deceased - killed in a car accident); Maya Brea, identical twin sister (deceased - killed in a car accident); has become the guardian of the Second Eve
Occupation: Formerly a police detective with the New York Police Department, currently a member in the Federal Bureau of Investigation's Mitochondrion Investigation and Suppression Team (MIST) division as a NMC (Neo-Mitochondrial creature) Hunter
Background: University of Virgina - Criminology major, also participated in ROTC (unknown if she served in the military)

Aya Brea was born in Boston, Massachusetts on 20th November 1972. She is of mixed ethnicity; Her father (name unrevealed), who is a journalist, was white, while her mother, Mariko, was Japanese. (Mariko was also the name of a character in the novel/film version of Parasite Eve.) This gives her a unique appearance as she boasts many Asian facial features, such as the shape of her face and eyes, while possessing typically Caucasian coloring, including blue eyes and fair blonde hair. She had a sister named Maya who, along with her mother, died in an automobile accident in or around December 1977.

After Maya's death, her organs were preserved, which allowed for one of her corneas to be transplanted into Aya, in 1986. At the same time, one of Maya's kidneys was transplanted into a young girl named Melissa Pearce. Unknown to any of the doctors, Maya Brea's mitochondria were highly evolved and began changing Aya and Melissa's genetic structure.

As a young woman, Aya studied criminology at the University of Virginia and was involved in their ROTC program, but any record of military service is never mentioned within the game. She later became a detective with the NYPD 17th precinct. Within the first 6 months of working at the precinct, Aya became involved in an incident known as the New York Blockade Incident to the general public. As an officer, she became part of the "father and daughter" team where she was partnered up with Daniel "Bo" Dollis, a veteran cop, who can be considered overly protective of her at worst. On December 24, 1997, Aya attended an opera performance at Carnegie Hall with her date (whose name is never mentioned), which starred Melissa Pearce as the lead.

During the performance, Maya's advanced mitochondria, which had lain dormant in Melissa for eleven years, awakened and transformed her into Mitochondria Eve. As her first act against humankind, Eve killed everyone in Carnegie Hall via spontaneous human combustion, except for Aya who was immune to the effect.

During the next six days, Aya fought Eve and the creatures she spawned, known as Neo-Mitochondrial Creatures or NMCs, all across Manhattan, greatly assisted by the incredible powers she started to exhibit. Aya would later discover that she was granted great power due to the fact that she possessed Maya's mitochondria (transferred to her body during the corneal transplant), but it was unable to take control of her as it did Melissa because of Aya's evolved cell nuclei. Aya fought and destroyed a strain of rapidly evolving mitochondria that threatened to enslave all humanity. Eventually, Aya engaged Eve in a showdown on Liberty Island, in which Eve was killed. After this however, she had to destroy The Ultimate Being, that Eve gave birth to. After an ongoing battle between her humanity and evolution, Aya successfully managed to destroy the creature with a little help from Daniel and Kunihiko Maeda (a Japanese scientist assisting them with advice in these matters). She soon became a hero among the government ranks for her courageous acts while few civilians are aware of the details of the event.

After the events in the game transpire, she, along with her friends try to make up for a lost Christmas by going to the opera at Carnegie Hall once again. During this time, Aya communicates with the entire audience's mitochondria and their eyes begin to glow a pinkish red. The meaning behind this ending is debated by many players. Some say that this is what Eve meant when she told Aya: "The more you use those powers, the more you become like me." This leads up to this ending possibly being non-canonical, where if the player plays through the Chrysler Building and defeats the Purebred Eve, Aya will lose her mitochondrial powers (albeit gaining newer, less superior ones leading up to the sequel) thus, saving the audience as well as all of mankind once again.

A few months after Eve's rampage in New York, Aya left the force and joined a newly-formed branch of the FBI known as the Mitochondrion Investigation and Suppression Team or MIST. The purpose of MIST, based out of Los Angeles, is to hunt down and destroy any remaining NMCs.

During her time as a MIST Agent, Aya had always worked alone due to the abnormality of her powers. "I try not to show others my mitochondrial powers. I can see the fear in their eyes." However, though she chooses not to use them, she cannot truly hide them; she is never sick and appears younger than her biological age, as her "awakened" mitochondria find a young, healthy host advantageous and actively maintain her body in its early twenties. Aya is particularly disturbed by this, discreetly referencing the Highlander franchise in saying she desires "one, normal life", as opposed to an endless one in which she must witness the deaths of all those around her. These psychological factors have acted as a mental block on her abilities, rendering them amazingly weak compared to her capabilities in the first game.

In early September 2000, Aya was following a lead to a tiny town called Dryfield in the Mojave Desert where she met a 29-year-old P.I. from Texas called Kyle Madigan (who she formed a partnership with). With Kyle's co-operation, Aya soon discovered a strange shadow government facility called Neo-Ark where scientists were using Aya's DNA to breed a race of Artificial Neo-Mitochondrial Creatures. To control the ANMCs, the Neo-Ark directors brainwashed a young girl named Eve, a clone of Aya. Given Eve's age and various clues in the game, Eve is thought to be a clone that ages rapidly, considering she looks 10 years old and was cloned after Aya's mitochondria was awakened in 1997. Two more disturbing theories which have been put forward are that Eve is actually a clone of Maya Brea or possibly a clone of Aya made before Aya's mitochondria awakened, thus suggesting the shadow government knew about Aya's potential. After discovering that Eve, as well as the ANMCs were all made from her, she felt obligated to "finish what she started" and once again, save humanity from an ominious fate which was ultimately the cause of her own physical existence.

After the destruction of the Neo-Ark facility, as well as her "struggle" having finally ended, Aya left MIST, any documents containing information regarding the NMCs were disposed of by the US Government, she took the young Eve in, forming a motherly/sisterly bond with her, and thanks to one of her friends in MIST, Rupert Broderick, pulled some strings and created a profile for Eve saying that she's Aya's sister, no questions asked. Aya's boss, Eric Baldwin was discovered to be a mole for the shadow government and was ultimately locked behind bars for treason courtesy of Aya learning so from another one of her friends, Pierce D. Carradine. Baldwin's place leading MIST was taken by Rupert Broderick following the inside investigation. Kyle Madigan (who disappeared after the Neo Ark events) meets with Aya and Eve in N.Y, and is hinted that both Aya and Kyle are getting involved in a romantic relationship.

XanatosForever
****! YES! THANK YOU, SNAFU! YOU TRULY ARE GREAT!

I've loved Aya ever since I played the original Parasite Eve, but I was never confident enough to set up the respect thread myself. Good presentation will keep it from being spammed, hopefully, but I wasn't sure if I could do that.

<3 Aya. <3 her so much.

Edit: I only wish I could get my hands on PE 2 sad

First_Tsurugi06
Boston, MA? I like her already.

I am who I am
I liked her, too bad PE2 sucked balls. The gun blade was cool, though.

leonheartmm
parasite eve was AWESOME! aya bree is ****ing hot, in more ways than one. mitochondria for the win

Snafu the Great
Some pics of Aya. Enjoy.

http://th08.deviantart.com/fs39/300W/f/2008/364/b/a/Aya_Brea_by_Jayun.jpg
http://th07.deviantart.com/fs14/300W/f/2007/074/d/1/070315_Aya_Brea_Collab_by_tsu.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs38/i/2008/339/5/9/She__s_come_back_by_kachima.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs39/i/2008/336/0/1/Parasite_Eve___Aya_Brea_by_hannsamu.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs42/i/2009/134/1/4/Graphic_Design_Final_1_by_shadowaya4ever.jpg

I am who I am
PE was really underrated.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by I am who I am
PE was really underrated.

Understatement of the year. PE was horribly underrated, and had gotten no hype. I loved the mechanics for attacking with firearms in that game, it was such a drastic change, but it worked.

Snafu the Great
In my quest to deliver to the viewers of this forum the right information, I have made a mistake, and have come to rectify said mistake.

Aya is not the third known halvsie character. She is indeed the fifth.

The correct order is as follows:

1. Ken Masters (American father, Japanese mother - first halvsie character)
2. Ryo Sakazaki (father's Takuma Sakazaki, mother's Ronnet - maiden name unknown - Sakazaki)
3. Yuri Sakazaki (same as above)
4. Benimaru Nikaido (unknown, but verified by SNK to have a Japanese parent)
5. Aya Brea
6. Hitomi (Japanese mother, German father - first Eurasian fighter)

Wei Phoenix
My friend is crazy about PE.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.