Superman & Batman: Public Enemies... The Movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raoul
According to AICN, and a youtube video that has since been pulled, the next DC animated movie after Green Lantern: First Flight, is Public Enemies, based on the comic arc of the same name...

Sweet.

BruceSkywalker
i 'll buy it..

Kazenji
I'm there.

roughrider
Hopefully the original scribe- Jeph Loeb - is not involved. evil face

Chancho
COOL!

Badabing
Public Enemies is about my favorite arc from the comics series.

Raoul
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here's the trailer:

http://www.eatsleepgeek.com/supermanbatman-public-enemies-trailer/

bloody awesome. it even looks like mcguinness' art come to life.

kgkg
^ Looks OK. The art doesn't look as good as the animated JL movie that came out last year<or year before that>.

The Nuul
I'll buy that for a dollar!!

Mindship
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies is one of DC's best works. Great action with lots of cameos (even if Powergirl is less "bombastic" than I usually like), great characterization; there's even a Batkick! They do this right, they could have a Best Animated Feature award-nominee on their hands.

jcvaldez
Originally posted by kgkg
^ Looks OK. The art doesn't look as good as the animated JL movie that came out last year<or year before that>.

They used Ed McGuinness artwork from the comics. It looks great, I can't wait. Jessica Alba is HOT!

Badabing
Originally posted by Raoul
For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, here's the trailer:

http://www.eatsleepgeek.com/supermanbatman-public-enemies-trailer/

bloody awesome. it even looks like mcguinness' art come to life. shock shockyes

Kazenji
Originally posted by jcvaldez
They used Ed McGuinness artwork from the comics. It looks great, I can't wait. Jessica Alba is HOT!

I'm guessing kgkg has'nt seen any of Ed McGuinness artwork.

jinXed by JaNx
Thanks for sharing the trailer.

The animation looks questionable to me but it definitely looks far superior to that piece of trash, Superman Doomsday. Batman looks great but Superman still looks a bit ridiculous. I know it's a cheap animated movie, so we're not going to get Gotham Knight animation but one can dream. I'm just sick...,damn sick of that crappy saturday morning cartoon animation.

The Nuul
This is good but not great.

jalek moye
its out?

The Nuul
Yup...shifty

The Nuul
Awesome fights though.

The Nuul
Wasn't it Captain Atom that flew the rocket into the meteor and not Batman?

Badabing
Originally posted by The Nuul
Wasn't it Captain Atom that flew the rocket into the meteor and not Batman? Yes. One of the main things they changed.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
Yes. One of the main things they changed. they always do

-Pr-
Watched it. Not sure what to think, to be honest...

jinXed by JaNx
I actually enjoyed this movie quite a bit. DC is definitely taking the right steps into maturity with their animated movies. Up until we meet the Toy Man and his invention i thought the movie was well written. They really really REALLY could have devised a better way for Batman and Superman to destroy that meteor other than a giant mech that resembled them.

jalek moye
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I actually enjoyed this movie quite a bit. DC is definitely taking the right steps into maturity with their animated movies. Up until we meet the Toy Man and his invention i thought the movie was well written. They really really REALLY could have devised a better way for Batman and Superman to destroy that meteor other than a giant mech that resembled them.
the same stupid thing happened in the comic, they wanted to keep it

Scythe
I want to watch this badly. The art in it looks nice.

HueyFreeman
Didnt like it. The jokes were funny and the voices were a welcome but there were too many heroes thrown into it causing characters (I am lookin at you capton atom) to come off borderline retarded. I thought the gl movie was better.

xJLxKing
I watched it yesterday night. The movie was okay. The voice actors were really bad(except Batman). The fight was pretty bad except one scene. I liked the story though. Very interesting.

snoopdogg
Is this movie out yet? I want to get the special edition that has the action figure. I got the First Flight Green Lantern figure and it rocks.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Is this movie out yet? I want to get the special edition that has the action figure. I got the First Flight Green Lantern figure and it rocks.
How old are you again? confused

snoopdogg
Why?

The Nuul
Because got the action figure....confused

snoopdogg
Originally posted by The Nuul
Because got the action figure....confused I didn't realize collecting action figures was for kids. My bad. confused

xJLxKing
I am curious, it doesn't mean nothing.

Scythe
What are the extra cartoons that come in the second disc in the 2-disc set?

WhoopeeDee
Coming out tomorrow...MUST SEE!

jinXed by JaNx
I didn't realize collecting action figures was for kids. My bad. confused

I'm 25 and i collect toys. I don't think i'll ever stop collecting them. I supported myself for two years by buying and selling toys. Some people don't realize just how many toys are made for adults.

-Pr-
I buy the DCU Classics figures when i can, and have a few dozen of them already. The Public Enemies figures are based on the same line, they just have differently sculpted heads.

For example:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/supers1.jpg

Public Enemies Superman is the second one in. The rest are standard DCUC figures...

and for anyone interested:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/batmen1.jpg

Darth Martin
Just watched it and liked it very much. I remember the book vividly having read it a year ago. I haven't seen Wonder Woman or First Flight but this film for me was a vast improvement over First Frontier and Marvel's recent line of animated films(besides Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2 and Hulk vs. Wolverine). This shits on everything else in comparison. Great to see Conroy, Daly, and Brown reprise their roles. The animation was good and it's refreshing to see something not biting off of anime. The humor IMO was great and for the most part the film stayed true to the book from what I remember. Love to see more of these qualities of films from DC and Marvel.

If First Flight>Public Enemies I'll have to check it out. Is Wonder Woman any good?

-Pr-
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Just watched it and liked it very much. I remember the book vividly having read it a year ago. I haven't seen Wonder Woman or First Flight but this film for me was a vast improvement over First Frontier and Marvel's recent line of animated films(besides Ultimate Avengers 1 & 2 and Hulk vs. Wolverine). This shits on everything else in comparison. Great to see Conroy, Daly, and Brown reprise their roles. The animation was good and it's refreshing to see something not biting off of anime. The humor IMO was great and for the most part the film stayed true to the book from what I remember. Love to see more of these qualities of films from DC and Marvel.

If First Flight>Public Enemies I'll have to check it out. Is Wonder Woman any good?

i was pleasantly surprised by it. i'd definitely recommend wonder woman...

Galan007
most of the character voices were... meh. i also felt too many characters were thrown into the mix. overall though, it was enjoyable.

on a sidenote, did anyone else catch the part where toyman said his IQ was 210? for all the gadgets that punk built, i'd of though it would have been WAY higher.... makes you wonder what batman m* could do with his IQ of 1045. heh.

-Pr-
yeah. i thought he'd be smarter.

power girl was the worst offender voice wise, imo...

Galan007
PG's voice was horrid.

it would have made a good kara though.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Galan007
PG's voice was horrid.

it would have made a good kara though.

agreed. i thought captain atom's was ok. i liked major force's. metallo was doctor cox, so i can't complain about that...

Impediment
I just bought this today. I'll be watching it tonight. I just hope that it's better than Superman: Doomsday was.

The Nuul
It is.

Impediment
I just finished watching Superman/Batman: Public Enemies.

This movie was SO much fun. I loved all of the cameos and the great voice acting from Kevin Conroy, Tim Daly, and Clancy Brown.

Some things I disliked about the film:

-Bane was taken down so quickly and easily.
-Mr. Freeze had no lines for his cameo.
-Superman was, obviously, de-powered.
-Power Girl had a shitty voice actress.

All together, this movie was lots of fun, and I loved the storyline. 9/10

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I'm 25 and i collect toys. I don't think i'll ever stop collecting them. I supported myself for two years by buying and selling toys. Some people don't realize just how many toys are made for adults. I'm 34 and have a nice collection. It's a better investment colleting toys now than comics. Nobody wants to buy comics anymore because of being able to download them free.

Prof. Wagstaff
Ummm, it was disappointing. You guys are bitching about the voice acting that wasn't that bad. I appreciated the comic more so than the film. It was ok though.

PRAYERRUN
I thought it was good, but too quick. Plus Bane got beat too easily.

WhoopeeDee
I think that was a homeage to the BTAS episode when Batman fights Bane. He pulled the same tactic. Would have love to hear Bane say "I will break you!"

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
I thought it was good, but too quick. Plus Bane got beat too easily.

If there's one thing that's always bugged me, it's that Bane never gets any media respect. He's never the cold, calculating, battle tactic freak that he was in the comics.

PRAYERRUN
Yeah I know. They should bring that back...maybe make a Knightfall Animated movie.

Impediment
Best line of the film:

Grundy: "Grundy not feel so good"

Batman: "Grundy gonna feel a LOT worse!"

chomperx9
I'm 34 and have a nice collection. It's a better investment colleting toys now than comics. Nobody wants to buy comics anymore because of being able to download them free. comis are still fun to collect cause they have value and means more to have the original comic more than a digital version of it . ive slowed down with the action figure collecting i look into the artwork now mostly. like i look for out of print posters of my fav artists or save up for a canvas art print.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by chomperx9
comis are still fun to collect cause they have value and means more to have the original comic more than a digital version of it . ive slowed down with the action figure collecting i look into the artwork now mostly. like i look for out of print posters of my fav artists or save up for a canvas art print. Comics aren't worth sh!t now because of downloading. I quite buying comics 2 years ago.

horrorwolf
Good flick, but as mentioned Bane got dissed, and a few of the fight scenes felt choppy and short.

other than that, loved the art style, voice work and most of the storyline.

Kazenji
So now they've adapting the second story arc but renamed the title

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/103028-cover-art-for-supermanbatman-apocalypse

The Nuul
Originally posted by Kazenji
So now they've adapting the second story arc but renamed the title

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/103028-cover-art-for-supermanbatman-apocalypse

I love that arc. SWEET! they better not fck it up.

Darth Martin
This is great. Same voice actors I presume? I'm not familiar with that arc, does it involve Luthor?

Glad to see they're also doing a Green Arrow film.

Kazenji
No luthor....has Darkseid in it tho.

Darth Martin
I saw that on the cover.

The Nuul
The best part is this!

Fan favorites Tim Daly (Private Practice) and Kevin Conroy (China Beach) return to their seminal roles as Superman and Batman, respectively.

majid86
great animated movie

Entity
Really loved this movie but just one thing. Explain to me why NO ONE! thought to use Captain Marvel to save the world? erm

-Pr-
Originally posted by Entity
Really loved this movie but just one thing. Explain to me why NO ONE! thought to use Captain Marvel to save the world? erm

cos he's no superman. stick out tongue

it IS a superman batman movie after all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.