Captain America vs. Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKarmosay
Round 1: Standard gear; billy clubs, shield.

Round 2: Straight H2H fighting, no gear.

This is Steve btw.

grimify
Cap in both.

Briane75
Originally posted by grimify
Cap in both.

Agree

Spire
Cap

JKarmosay
Easily?

Spire
1 yes 2 no

Metalmanx
I think both of these matches can go 50/50 for each combatant.

JKarmosay
Originally posted by Metalmanx

I thought it'd be something like that.

Badabing
I think both of these matches can go 50/50 for each combatant. Same here.

Spire
Cap kills him with a shield ricochet off a cloud.

kgkg
1: Cap 7/10
2: Cap 6/10

tkitna
Originally posted by grimify
Cap in both.

cloud102
Cap, but Matt will make him work for it.

Briane75
Originally posted by JKarmosay
Easily?

Fairly easily, yes. See 'Streets of Poison' for reference (DD was sick, but Cap was not in his right mind either, so call it even).

Cap 10/10 in both sets

kgkg
^ Why would you call that even. It's two completely different condition that could have effected the outcome of the match differently.

Briane75
Because neither was at their peak form. It's impossible to measure how far below peak they were, so I'll go with neither at peak= even.

Mindset
Horrible logic.

Briane75
Originally posted by Briane75
Because neither was at their peak form. It's impossible to measure how far below peak they were, so I'll go with neither at peak= even.

True, given that all marvel hero fights back then were lost because one of the heroes was sick, holding back, mind controlled, or just dumb luck.

But tossing all that out the window, Cap's stronger, faster, better, more experienced, sounder tactically, and doesn't get tired.

Really, Daredevil brings nothing to the table Cap hasn't faced and beaten before.

Raoul

kgkg
True, given that all marvel hero fights back then were lost because one of the heroes was sick, holding back, mind controlled, or just dumb luck.

But tossing all that out the window, Cap's stronger, faster, better, more experienced, sounder tactically, and doesn't get tired.

Really, Daredevil brings nothing to the table Cap hasn't faced and beaten before. Are you replying to yourself? confused

Briane75
Nah, I was replying to Mindset. Still getting used to the forums and hit the quote button above, instead of the one under. oops

jrodslam

Daredevil1
Cap 6/10

Dagarkin
Cap 8/10 on the first one
and 7/10 on the second

Cap was arguably the greatest h2h combatant in the MU.

jrodslam
Fairly easily, yes. See 'Streets of Poison' for reference (DD was sick, but Cap was not in his right mind either, so call it even).

Cap 10/10 in both sets

You really cant be serious. Are you?

rotiart
Honestly I would say that with Gear, the fight would go 50/50
Without Gear the fight would go to cap 70/30

reasons?
cap imo is far stronger than dd, and durable, but dd is more agile, and faster reflexes, while cap has faster baseline speed.
with gear dd would tie up cap with his billy club somehow... half the time... also cap tossing the shield at dd would be pointless as dd would easily dodge it from all directions with his radar sense... in a way it would be better for dd than spiderman as he could see where the shield is at all times.

then you have cap weaponless vs a billy club wielding dd... but if cap gets in close caps punches.. which hurt even spiderman... would do very well at putting out dd...

in a weaponless situation.. dd could dodge and weave all he wants.. but dd will tire before cap thanks to the ss serum. and while dd is fast.. cap can keep up. now where they differ is that caps punches will hold more impact than dd... and imo inflict more damage.. so overall i'd say they'll probably connect about the same amount of times.. but caps would do more damage overall.. and end up taking more fights out than dd...

figure in a weaponless situation cap vs batroc.

Juk3n
Rogers Wins, but works for it.

Kinkin
Cap wins in both.

Warlord
Cap slight majority

Bentley
Cap wins fairly easily. Daredevil gives a fight.

Lord Feron
1. Cap 7/10 (might get beat up a little but not too much difficulty)

2. Cap 6/10 (With alot of difficulty)

jrodslam
Just like with the Bats fight. The longer the fight goes on, the more it goes in Caps favor.

Scoobless
Originally posted by kgkg
Are you replying to yourself? confused

I think he is.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Scoobless
I think he is.

So do I

whistling

thanos-prime
5/10 split H2H

6/10 for DD with weapons

Metalmanx
Personally, I believe DD to be the superior martial artist. While Cap is a bit stronger (not that DD is weak by any means), DD knows how to and where to hit to cause major damage.

Trackz
Steve slightly each scenario.

Juk3n
Steve has every physical advantage, and is at LEAST as skilled. With his shield he rolls DD, h2h, he merely beats DD down. People trying to play the "dd is more skilled/pressure points/secret ninja mumbo" card need to put things into perspective. Just because DD's technical skill is played up in his books doesn't mean he's better than someone like Cap. Especially someone like Cap.

Steve works for it but he's in no danger of losing anything close to approaching a majority.

Mindset
Personally, I believe DD to be the superior martial artist. While Cap is a bit stronger (not that DD is weak by any means), DD knows how to and where to hit to cause major damage. And Cap doesn't?

Deadline
^ Yeah I was gonna say that.

Originally posted by Juk3n
Steve has every physical advantage, and is at LEAST as skilled. With his shield he rolls DD, h2h, he merely beats DD down. People trying to play the "dd is more skilled/pressure points/secret ninja mumbo" card need to put things into perspective. Just because DD's technical skill is played up in his books doesn't mean he's better than someone like Cap. Especially someone like Cap.

Steve works for it but he's in no danger of losing anything close to approaching a majority.

Cap is arguably superior in some aspects of pressure points.

BattleMage
8-9/10 =Cap
9/10 =Cap

There is no explaining this.

srankmissingnin
The reality of the situation is that Matt will be a legitimate threat for all off three minutes before he starts to tire, while Captain America is still operating at peak levels. Even if Daredevil and Cap were equal in every way save for stamina (and don't kid yourself because they aren't), this fight would still lean heavily in Steve's favour. Captain America is already faster, stronger, more durable and more skilled than Matt, and the gap in their attributes will only increase the longer the fight lasts.

Daredevil would need to take Cap down at the start of the fight to have any shot at winning, and that isn't something that is likely to happen without the aid of a plot device.

Deadline
^ To be fair though I would think DD is more agile and better at dodging (eventhough hes not equal in raw speed). If he goes on the defensive he could last for awhile but yea he loses the majority.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Deadline
^ To be fair though I would think DD is more agile and better at dodging (eventhough hes not equal in raw speed). If he goes on the defensive he could last for awhile but yea he loses the majority.

Yeah I would agree with that. If DD goes dodge mode, 100% defense he will extend the length of the fight, but the down side is he lowers his chance of an actual victory even more.

Juk3n
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Yeah I would agree with that. If DD goes dodge mode, 100% defense he will extend the length of the fight, but the down side is he lowers his chance of an actual victory even more.

i doubt it would make that much difference, i mean, isnt the whole point of a fight to 'be hit less than the other guy', he'd be using his agility anyway. Also lets not forget dodging bullets is one thing, but they move straite and can be anticipated, they don't think and adapt the way an opponent does, not that that need explaining, im just saying DD going 'god mode dodging' isnt that much a far cry from how he fights normally, minimal damage received, mnimal brawling, maximized one shots when applicable.

Nothing that Cap hasnt faced, and cannot counter.

Deadline
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

He might get some lucky shots, 2/10?

Originally posted by Juk3n
i doubt it would make that much difference, i mean, isnt the whole point of a fight to 'be hit less than the other guy', he'd be using his agility anyway. Also lets not forget dodging bullets is one thing, but they move straite and can be anticipated, they don't think and adapt the way an opponent does, not that that need explaining, im just saying DD going 'god mode dodging' isnt that much a far cry from how he fights normally, minimal damage received, mnimal brawling, maximized one shots when applicable.

Nothing that Cap hasnt faced, and cannot counter.

Dodge mode is more tactical. I'm sure it would help.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by Dagarkin
Cap 8/10 on the first one
and 7/10 on the second

Cap was arguably the greatest h2h combatant in the MU.

Is

Steve Rogers will never die.

Caps Conscience
Originally posted by BattleMage
8-9/10 =Cap
9/10 =Cap

There is no explaining this.

That is more like it.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Mindset
And Cap doesn't?

Never said that. I believe DD's martial arts skill to be superior, while Cap is arguably the better FIGHTER all-around, considering his physical advantages. Arguably.

Then of course there's DD's radar sense. Throw that in the mix and you have a 50/50 matchup.

Deadline
I believe DD's martial arts skill to be superior,

I really don't think you can prove that at all.

while Cap is arguably the better FIGHTER all-around, considering his physical advantages. Arguably.

Isn't this becoming a semantic debate though? There are lots of showings that suggest that Cap is better at martial arts, are we going to automatically lable some of these as fighting feats instead of MA ones?

Apart from stamina the SSS doesn't make that much difference.

Then of course there's DD's radar sense. Throw that in the mix and you have a 50/50 matchup.

Which doesn't really give him that much of an advantage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.