Superboy Prime in 'Blackest Night'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theICONiac
I LOVE me some Superboy Prime (copyrights be damned!)

Should he be involved in 'Blackest Night'?

'Legion of Three Worlds' seems to be gearing towards some kind of redemption for SBP. Even Geoff John's analysis of his pysche in various articles seems to suggest SBP will at some point try to atone for his past transgressions.

'Blackest Night' could be the perfect vehicle for him to do this. Helping the universe battle the undead legions of the Black Lanterns...providing some heavy-duty firepower for the side of good.

Should he be involved? Should he even try to be redeemed (DC could get a lot of mileage out of SBP stories over the next several years where he again and again tries to prove himself but nobody in the DCU is buying it)? Or is it over-exposure?

Raoul
TWO Supermen are already confirmed for Blackest Night, and Conner Kent is rumoured. That in itself is borderline oversaturation.

No Prime for me, thanks.

theICONiac
Who exactly is it you are refering to in your first spoiler?

I know one...who is the second? Or are you tying the second spoiler in with the first?

Raoul
Originally posted by theICONiac
Who exactly is it you are refering to in your first spoiler?

I know one...who is the second? Or are you tying the second spoiler in with the first?

in Superman: Blackest Night, we're supposed to see a resurrected Earth 2 Superman. He might even be fighting current, standard Superman.

ankur29
Originally posted by Raoul
in Superman: Blackest Night, we're supposed to see a resurrected Earth 2 Superman. He might even be fighting current, standard Superman.

if so woudl standard superman be completely outclassed?

a black power ring and equal /standard krytonian powers , looks like overkill

Raoul
Originally posted by ankur29
if so woudl standard superman be completely outclassed?

a black power ring and equal /standard krytonian powers , looks like overkill

no, he wouldn't, imo, as they've fought before.

and we don't know what a black ring does bar bring back the dead...

Galan007
'Lo3W' was already one more series/drama that Prime just should not have been a part of. Like I said in another thread; if DC continues using Prime so frequently, I see him quickly becoming another 'fodder character', and his uber team-wrecking status being indefinitely ruined.

Against him being in 'Blackest Night' fo sho.

The Scribe
http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/91svcqep33wc2ry6rsu_thumb.jpg http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/nowt904uznbvw7moycts_thumb.jpg http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/llprjqcnrbdy0cpi7r1i_thumb.jpg

wink

Symmetric Chaos
I . . . I guess Johns doesn't know what emotions are.

Wei Phoenix
I wish this would be something without Superman. I feel as if they are adding them in just to increase sales because everyone flocks to Superman.

I believe the appearance of Supermen will increase the sales but it will also steal away attention, focus and detail from the Lanterns themselves.

theICONiac
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I wish this would be something without Superman. I feel as if they are adding them in just to increase sales because everyone flocks to Superman.

I believe the appearance of Supermen will increase the sales but it will also steal away attention, focus and detail from the Lanterns themselves.

But isn't this going to be a company-wide crossover? Kinda hard to get away from Supes if the BL's are everywhere...

xJLxKing
I agree with Galan

SevenShackles
eh SBP was in the sinestro war. thats enough for me. i honestly dont see the character wanting to change or even thinking he needs to. the world is broken not him. .. he should just stay evil. he is better that way. way to over used. Legions of 3 worlds make him look like a chump. him being in blackest night would just wreck his rep more. keep him under wraps for a year. pull him out and surprise us just when we start to forget bout him is what i think should be done.

.....he should of killed ALOT more legion members.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.