The Dark Knight vs. Batman Begins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AverageSavage
Personally i like Batman Begins more. I thought the plot was alot better in BB. TDK wasn't really anything special IMO. The story of TDK was messy and boring. Heath Ledger made it a lot more interesting tho. That's just my opinion.

Which movie do you think is the best?

DarthLazious
The Dark Knight.

Kinkin
Both were brilliant but TDK.

The plot was interesting and fun not messy.

SnakeEyes
The Dark Knight.

BruceSkywalker
facepalmfacepalm

i love both movies, but TDK rulz

xJLxKing
The Dark Knight was good. First time where you see a dark plot. A villain who actually kills people. Not only that, but the plot made the hero a villain, and kept 2 other villains. Very good movie.

The joker was great. Ledger(can spell correctly) played the park very nice.

Batman Begin was good. I am happy the didn't introduce Joker as the first villain like they did with Superman.

Kris Blaze
The Dark Knight biscuits

Mindset
Originally posted by AverageSavage
The story of TDK was messy and boring. How was it messy and boring?

AverageSavage
the part of the plot involving the money and the mafia and the whole ordeal in hong kong. It felt like i was watching a spy movie instead of a batman movie. Every time i watch it i find myself waiting for The Joker to appear as he is easily the only reason why this movie got as good reviews as it did (aside from the technical stuff which was very good)

Mindset
the part of the plot involving the money and the mafia and the whole ordeal in hong kong. It felt like i was watching a spy movie instead of a batman movie. Every time i watch it i find myself waiting for The Joker to appear as he is easily the only reason why this movie got as good reviews as it did (aside from the technical stuff which was very good) That is like 30 minutes or less of a 2hr movie.

But ok, that explains why you think it was boring, how was it messy?

StiltmanFTW
Which movie do you think is the best?

TDK.

jinXed by JaNx
The Dark Knight.

I like the first half of Batman Begins better than the first half of The Dark Knight but the second half of begins was really hurt by poor action and lack of character exploration. I'm not trying to say Begins had no character development because it did but after the characters were established, the story kind of went no where for me. The second half of the Dark Knight had incredible action and it's also when we saw the character's depths as they evolved.

SpaceMonkey
The Dark Knight

Accel
Personally preferred BB. Bale's acting was just plain better there than in TDK, as was the overall portrayal of Batman. TDK was good, but it mainly relied on other performances like Ledger's and Eckhart's.

King Kandy
I didn't enjoy BB at all. Dark Knight on the other hand tops my comic movie list. Bale's acting wasn't anything special in either, Heath Ledger was the only guy who really stuck out in TDK. But man, he saved that movie. He was incredible.

Mindset
The movie didn't need saving.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Accel
Personally preferred BB. Bale's acting was just plain better there than in TDK, as was the overall portrayal of Batman. TDK was good, but it mainly relied on other performances like Ledger's and Eckhart's.

Don't you think that is because, like Batman Returns, The Dark Knight revolved around the supporting cast rather than Batman?

I'm just curious to see what you think because i hear a lot of people complaining about Bales performance but, Bale had very little material and screen time in that movie. I thought his acting was just the same in, The Dark Knight as it was in Begins but there was just less of him. That is one of the problems i had with the movie. It took two and a half hours just to find out Batmans purpose in the movie. It wasn't until the very end that Batman even became necessary.

starlock
Batman begins for the stomp..TDK...was a poor movie all around....Two Face was the best part of it, but then it was so boring...i had to grasp on to something...i dont see where all the hype came from...ledger was a good average pycho...but not the joker..not even close...Batman begins at least tried to make something new...like new villains!.....i admit i am in the minority..but its how i feel.

Mindset
Originally posted by starlock
ledger was a good average pycho...but not the joker Explain

Entity
I do think The Dark Knight was the better movie between the two. By far the best damn movie DC's ever came out with. But Batman Begins is by far my personal favorite but, I have a thing for origin stories when they're done right. To me Batman Begins was just amazingly well done origin story and the only things I could have seen making it better were if Ra's had stayed Asian and Katie Holmes had ended up being Talia.

In short, TDK best movie.
Batman Begins, my favorite!

PRAYERRUN
The Dark Knight felt more like a mission impossible movie for me, which is NOT normal for a superhero movie. I loved that. If they wanted to, they could have turned that 3 hour movie into three different episodes.
Batman Begins was really good too. I loved the fact that they brought in The Scarecrow, which I've always wanted to see in a Batman movie. It's hard to compare the two, though, because it felt like the difference between Pirates of the Caribean: Curse of the Black Pearl, and Dead Man's Chest. The second one told a really complicated, but well written story, but for some reason, I got the feeling that the story wasn't over even after the 3 hours were up.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
The Dark Knight felt more like a mission impossible movie for me, which is NOT normal for a superhero movie. I loved that. If they wanted to, they could have turned that 3 hour movie into three different episodes.
Batman Begins was really good too. I loved the fact that they brought in The Scarecrow, which I've always wanted to see in a Batman movie. It's hard to compare the two, though, because it felt like the difference between Pirates of the Caribean: Curse of the Black Pearl, and Dead Man's Chest. The second one told a really complicated, but well written story, but for some reason, I got the feeling that the story wasn't over even after the 3 hours were up.

Agreed their is far too many stories to tell and I look forward to the next film

PRAYERRUN
I even noticed that certain people were maybe destined to become Batman's villains. Like, the guy who tried to blackmail Wayne Enterprises into giving him something like 10 million dollars for the rest of his life. The others were maybe the guy who Harvey basically kidnaped and interrogated at gunpoint, and the big black dude who thew the detinator in the ocean. Of course, Ra's Al Gul will come back to life like he does in the comic, and they already showed the return of The Scarecrow.

Slaanesh
TDK...i don't like Batman Begins at all..

chomperx9
TDK FTW both movies kicked ass though

PRAYERRUN
well yeah. But here's a question...The Joker didn't die at the end, so how would they bring him back?

batdude123
Dark Knight by far.

dadudemon
Well, considering the only Blu-Ray movies that I own are BB and TDK, I think it's safe to say that I liked the both. A LOT!.

That aid, The Dark Begins was my favorite.

I change my mind. Batman Knight was my favorite.

No....

PIZZA HUT!

lord xyz
Originally posted by xJLxKing
(can spell correctly) played the park very nice. http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l79/JeepJeep8/facepalm.jpg

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Don't you think that is because, like Batman Returns, The Dark Knight revolved around the supporting cast rather than Batman?

I'm just curious to see what you think because i hear a lot of people complaining about Bales performance but, Bale had very little material and screen time in that movie. I thought his acting was just the same in, The Dark Knight as it was in Begins but there was just less of him. That is one of the problems i had with the movie. It took two and a half hours just to find out Batmans purpose in the movie. It wasn't until the very end that Batman even became necessary. X

People praise Ledger for being scary and flashy, but Bale had a lot less to work with and did a very good job showing Batmans nuances.

lord xyz
TDK is clearly a better movie.

BB I found to be messy, boring and unappealing. I liked it, but was nothing more than a polished Batman movie.

TDK stood out as an awesome movie, and doesn't even need to be Batman related. The story, the suspence, the Joker, the supporting characters, such a great film.

Raoul
Dark Knight is the superior movie, but i like both of them about equally...

atharpina
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
and they already showed the return of The Scarecrow.

um wat?

i really wish they wuld have shown more scarecrow in BB, thats my only real complaint. and i wish they wuld have focused more on batman in the dark knight, instead of doing the ole burton bit of focusing on villains. harvey dents transformation into two face waz by far some of the best story telling/acting ive ever seen though!

Nemesis X
The Dark Knight

Unlike BB, DK has a better plot. It's darker, more gritty, more intense, and it has a better villain.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The Dark Knight

Unlike BB, DK has a better plot. It's darker, more gritty, more intense, and it has a better villain.
Hey, Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul was awesome too! uhuh

Davis Bloome
Both movies are awesome & I loved both, but TDK takes the case for me because of both the Joker & Two-Face. TDK had everything going for it. It had the perfect storyline & the perfect actors in every role. The only gripe I have with BB is Katie Holmes, which is why I was so glad Gyllenhaal stepped into the role.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Hey, Liam Neeson as Ra's al Ghul was awesome too! uhuh

But not as awesome as Heath Ledger's Joker.

Davis Bloome
Of course not. It'd be ludicris to even say so. big grin

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Nemesis X
But not as awesome as Heath Ledger's Joker.
I like Heath's Joker as much as the next person and all, but he's been overrated way too much.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Kinkin
Both were brilliant but TDK.

The plot was interesting and fun not messy.

Ditto.

lord xyz
Originally posted by atharpina
um wat?

i really wish they wuld have shown more scarecrow in BB, thats my only real complaint. and i wish they wuld have focused more on batman in the dark knight, instead of doing the ole burton bit of focusing on villains. harvey dents transformation into two face waz by far some of the best story telling/acting ive ever seen though! I'm pretty sure Scarecrow is being saved for part 3 of the Nolan series, where he actually will be the main villain, or have a big part.

Davis Bloome
I doubt he'll have another big part. It's likely for him to appear again, but I doubt if he'll be the main villain.

And the one thing I liked more about BB than TDK was that BB was more gritty and dark, but TDK is still my overall fav.

Ridley_Prime
With how briefly Scarecrow was shown at the beginning of TDK, I doubt he'll make much more of a comeback in a future film, if at all.

Ryo 666
Him just appearing as a casual villain is brilliant.

In films the villains are always important, but he appeared as a casual super villain that Bats sometimes has to deal with. Very...comicy. Loves it.

Davis Bloome
That's why I'm opting so much for a Joker return, so that we get the real feel of comic books where the villains are constantly escaping and coming back. I'd love for another Scarecrow cameo, and maybe a return from Mr. J.

lord xyz
The Joker coming back would be awesome.

Another villain as the main villain would also be awesome.

And so would Scarecrow having a cameo.

Very comic book-y, combined with the realistic setting would be great.

Ridley_Prime
If Scarecrow comes back, he should have more than just a cameo. no expression

Davis Bloome
If they can use Scarecrow in the movie and have it make sense for him being there, I'm all for it.

Indestructible
Id rather see Two-Face or Riddler than Scarecrow. I do wish we could have seen more of the Scarecrow in BB tho. IMO he is much cooler than Ras Al Ghul. But yea In Batman 3(or 7 which ever you preffer lol) I would like to see Riddler and/or Two-Face in Batman 3.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
If Scarecrow comes back, he should have more than just a cameo. no expression

Scarecrow I don't think will be returning.. He was just in TDK long enough to finish the role..

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Indestructible
I do wish we could have seen more of the Scarecrow in BB tho. IMO he is much cooler than Ras Al Ghul.
And that's why Scarecrow worked for him? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Seems Ra's doesn't get nearly as much recognition as he should. ermm

Originally posted by Indestructible
But yea In Batman 3(or 7 which ever you preffer lol) I would like to see Riddler and/or Two-Face in Batman 3.
As much as I like both characters (mostly Two-Face), I'd rather not have another Batman Forever. Ridder pretty much stole the show there anyway.

Dreampanther
Originally posted by starlock
Batman begins for the stomp..TDK...was a poor movie all around....Two Face was the best part of it, but then it was so boring...i had to grasp on to something...i dont see where all the hype came from...ledger was a good average pycho...but not the joker..not even close...Batman begins at least tried to make something new...like new villains!.....i admit i am in the minority..but its how i feel.

Agreed wink

Quincy
Originally posted by xJLxKing
The joker was great. Ledger(can spell correctly) played the park very nice.

HAH. Sorry just flipped through and read that and thought it was just hilarious.

Kotor3
Begins is by far the better and superior movie. Simply put Batman's character in TDK was destroyed by the writers. It was one of the worst portrayals of Batman in the movies and it destroyed the movie for me. So Batman Begins wins by a super large margin.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kotor3
Begins is by far the better and superior movie. Simply put Batman's character in TDK was destroyed by the writers. It was one of the worst portrayals of Batman in the movies and it destroyed the movie for me. So Batman Begins wins by a super large margin.

don't understand this at all..

Batman character was not destroyed by the writers.. not one bit

Kotor3

TheQuestion
I LOVED Batman Begins. It had great story flow. It was dark and brooding. Costume was perfect. It was everything a Batman movie should be. After seeing it I was confident that a sequel could be done right, unfortunately it was a total let down.

The Dark Knight had a completely different tone and environment. The story was often messy and rushed, usually towards the end. It felt more like a typical terrorist, hostage movie instead of a superhero/vigilante movie. There was no reason to touch the costume. If anything, give him new gadgets and maybe a newer Batmobile. The Joker was done well, but like the original Burton movie, It was mainly about the Joker and not enough Batman. After seeing this I lost all faith in any other sequel... and rightfully so.

The Dark Knight Rises not only has the worst movie title, but it was THE worst Batman movie I have ever seen. It actually makes TDK look like a decent movie. TDKR had the worst story, flow, cinematography, etc. Everything about it was just WRONG!

I just don't understand why people think that these Nolan movies are good. The first one was good, the rest were way off the mark. How can people not see this. It's like the Matrix... The first one was fantastic but as soon as they decided to turn it into a cash cow, they ended up making the crappiest sequels known to man.

Esau Cairn
My favourite would be Batman Begins.
Gotham City LOOKED & felt like Gotham..a mis-mash of old & new architecture whereas TDK was simply shot on the streets of America & lacked that mystical feel of a comic book universe.

Scarecrow & Ras proved to be 2 distinct & opposite villains, it was good to see Batman fight a foe hand to hand. Whereas TDK had 2 villains with the same psychotic traits...this made the sequel feel tedious & long IMO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.