Alex Mercer (Prototype) vs The Hulk?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insomniatric
From what I've seen of Alex, he's pretty freaking tough.

Here's some information on Alex Mercer. (From Wikipedia)

Alex's primary power is that of shapeshifting: he can control his mass, transforming himself into an arsenal of deadly weapons, such as turning his arm (in seconds, as seen in the new cinematic intro) into a large blade. He can also manifest other mutations such as huge, clawed hands, a long, sharp tentacle called the "Whipfist", or transforming his fists into huge hardened masses called "Hammer Fist" capable of smashing through tank armor. The fuel for these transformations is the biomass of fallen enemies that Alex absorbs in quick, graphic cutscenes. After killing a foe, the distinctive red-black tentacle mass that accompanies all of Alex's powers will burst from his body and drag the victim's form into his, consuming his memories and skills, and appearance along with his flesh. After consuming a foe, Alex can shapeshift to copy their appearance, allowing him to perfectly impersonate them. His powers can also change his eyes to allow him to see infection or traces of infected or to use "Thermal Vision" to see through obscuring smoke and other debris; however, this costs him some range of vision.

In addition to these shapeshifting powers, Alex is extraordinarily fast, agile and strong. He is capable of running at over 100 miles per hour, running up and across the sides of buildings, and jumping hundreds of meters. Alex is also capable of gliding. He is strong enough to easily grab and throw a car and eventually a tank as a projectile. He is also very durable and heavy, noticeable when he cracks the ground upon landing from great heights. Fire from an M16 assault rifle appears to do minimal damage to his body, but heavier weapons such as mounted machine guns, rockets and tank shells can cause serious damage to him, from which his body heals at a slow rate (in game terms) but he will quickly regain a larger amount of health by consuming someone. However, he can only retain a certain amount of biomass; if he consumes too much he must release it by using a Devastator attack. To further augment his durability, Alex can use his shapeshifting powers to transform his left arm into a huge, bony shield, or cover his entire body in armored plates, though he is slower in this form. These defensive powers can be combined with offensive powers for highly spectacular, destructive combat against the superhuman, zombified hordes of the Infected and the well-armed tanks, helicopters and infantry of the US military.

Even without shapeshifting Alex still possesses superhuman strength and agility. He can use a variety of kicks and punches, as well as more spectacular, gymnastic moves such as multiple "bouncing" tombstone drops, air combos, or sliding along the ground using an enemy's body as a surfboard.

Alex's most powerful moves are Devastators: huge, area-affecting attacks that use large amounts of biomass. Two Devastators have been seen in preview videos - one is an attack similar to the whipfist that sends dozens of razor-sharp tendrils shooting in every direction from Alex's body to impale or destroy all nearby foes, the second is a variation of the ground-spike attack, in which Alex shoves his biomass into the ground, causing dozens of gigantic pillar-sized spikes to erupt from the ground in an expanding circle around him, either impaling or sending everything above them flying.

And we all know the Hulk.

So who would win?

psycho gundam
he's going to need to consume some people from one hulk shot.

Insomniatric
That is, if Hulk is quick enough to catch him.

The way I see it, is Alex dancing around the hulk, hitting him, and mutating his arms and such to further hurt hulk.

Then I see him ending it with a devastator attack.

psycho gundam
good luck causing irreparable damage to him.

speedfreek attempted a very similar tactic (but had adamantium weaponry), at the end of the day he got owned.

Kazenji
Did'nt know there was a Prototype comic.

Insomniatric
Alex regularly uses tanks as projectiles, so he is not weak.

Him using devastator attacks (which include a series of huge spikes coming up from the ground, designed to impale his enemy), plus his strength, speed, and his weird mutations he uses as weapons, would be a lot for the hulk to handle.

Plus Alex could consume the hulk, or shape shift into him.

psycho gundam
i don't think you know who the hulk is.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Kazenji
Did'nt know there was a Prototype comic.

There is.

DC announced a partnership with Sierra, to make a new comic series.

Google it.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i don't think you know who the hulk is.

I know very well who the Hulk is, I know what he's capable of, etc.

But he wouldn't do very well against someone that could either consume him, or shape shift into him in which I believe Alex would have all of his normal powers, plus the Hulk's powers, and that includes his healing factor, and durability.

Mindset
Originally posted by Insomniatric
I know very well who the Hulk is, I know what he's capable of, etc.

But he wouldn't do very well against someone that could either consume him, or shape shift into him in which I believe Alex would have all of his normal powers, plus the Hulk's powers, and that includes his healing factor. What is he capable of?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mindset
What is he capable of? ...easily killing this slightly amped carnage wannabe

Insomniatric
What is he capable of?

His rage fuels his strength, the madder he is, the stronger he is.

He also has an advanced healing factor.

But, if Alex wanted to, he could shape shift into the Hulk. Adding his own abilities with the Hulk's, there would be no way the Hulk would win.

Because Alex would match him in strength, outmatch him in speed, (speed is one of Alex's regular abilities), have his healing factor, have his Carnage-like weapons, plus devastator attacks.

He can use his devastator attacks when he wants to, and their name describes them, they are devastating.

I don't see how hulk could win. And I love the Hulk and all, but I think Alex has him beat here.

So Hulk isn't "easily" killing anybody in this fight.

Mindset
You never said what hulk was capable of, just a vague overview of his powers.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by psycho gundam
slightly amped carnage wannabe

Slightly amped Carnage? This Mofo would use Carnage as toilet paper.

Insomniatric
You never said what hulk was capable of, just a vague overview of his powers.

So what's your point? I know his powers, if I didn't, I wouldn't be making decisions about a fight.

I've also heard that nowadays, Hulk's actions are controlled by Bruce Banner. Which means that he is not a mindless beast, so that means that he does not get as mad as he used to, so he is not as strong as he once was.

psycho gundam
lulz

Mindset
So what's your point? I know his powers, if I didn't, I wouldn't be making decisions about a fight.

I've also heard that nowadays, Hulk's actions are controlled by Bruce Banner. Which means that he is not a mindless beast, so that means that he does not get as mad as he used to, so he is not as strong as he once was. Knowing his powers and knowing what he is capable of are two completely different things, that is my point.

Obviously you don't know what he is capable of.

Kris Blaze
The Prototype comic is decent, good to see that somebody else is reading it.

Mercer is strong, versatile and very well all around. Alas, I don't think his weapons will inflict any lasting damage on the Hulk.

Knowing his powers and knowing what he is capable of are two completely different things, that is my point.

Obviously you don't know what he is capable of.

Pull the stick out your ass you wing douche.

Doctor-Alvis

But, if Alex wanted to, he could shape shift into the Hulk. Adding his own abilities with the Hulk's, there would be no way the Hulk would win.

Because Alex would match him in strength, outmatch him in speed, (speed is one of Alex's regular abilities), have his healing factor, have his Carnage-like weapons, plus devastator attacks.

He can use his devastator attacks when he wants to, and their name describes them, they are devastating.

I don't see how hulk could win. And I love the Hulk and all, but I think Alex has him beat here.

What are the limits of his transformations? Who does he transform into in the comics/game? Depending on the hardness of his weaponry, I think his weapons will do minimal damage or even break off trying to cut through Hulk's skin.

Mindset
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

Pull the stick out your ass you wing douche. That stick is actually your mom's tongue.

Yea, I went there. uhuh

BUSTER1
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
What are the limits of his transformations? Who does he transform into in the comics/game? Depending on the hardness of his weaponry, I think his weapons will do minimal damage or even break off trying to cut through Hulk's skin.

Agreed, although if John Romita Jr is doing the art, Hulk would be cut to ribbons by the 1st attack (see World War Hulk, where Romita depicted Hulk's face being cut to pieces from 1 punch from Thing)

Kris Blaze
That stick is actually your mom's tongue.

Yea, I went there. uhuh

Checkmate....for now ahah

Insomniatric
From my understanding, when Alex Mercer shape shifts into Hulk, not only will he get stronger, but I believe his whole arsenal of weapons will be stronger as well, with the healing factor, if they did break off, they would just grow right back.

Plus, Alex would be able to weaken the Hulk by consuming his life force, and it would strengthen him, then he would transform into the hulk.

Hulk has been defeated by much weaker foes than Alex Mercer, I've heard the people who created him refer to him as "The most powerful superhero imaginable".

And I think the only reason he is hurt so easily is because they were talking about a video game, I believe in the comics, he would be more powerful.

Example: In the Ultimate Destruction video game, Hulk could be killed by the helicopters. In the comics, it's different.

Mindset

Hulk has been defeated by much weaker foes than Alex Mercer Such as?

Insomniatric
I heard Captain America beat him.

And Alex Mercer would demolish Cap.

Mindset
So would Hulk, it was PIS.

Insomniatric
But did I hear right? Did Cap beat him or did he not?

I also heard Doc Samson knocked him out.

Insomniatric
More about the video game topic.

When I compare what Hulk can do in the games, and what Alex can do, Alex seemed tougher. Also, Prototype is not even released yet, so we most likely have not seen all of what Alex can do. Ultimate Destruction is out, and we have seen what Hulk can do, and Alex still seemed tougher. This was just a rough comparison, so I can't be sure, and in comics, they are far more powerful. So, if video game Alex is already more powerful than video game Hulk, what does that say about what will happen in the comics?

Mindset
But did I hear right? Did Cap beat him or did he not?

I also heard Doc Samson knocked him out. With Spiderman's help he did.

Do you know what PIS is?

More about the video game topic.

When I compare what Hulk can do in the games, and what Alex can do, Alex seemed tougher. Also, Prototype is not even released yet, so we most likely have not seen all of what Alex can do. Ultimate Destruction is out, and we have seen what Hulk can do, and Alex still seemed tougher. This was just a rough comparison, so I can't be sure, and in comics, they are far more powerful. So, if video game Alex is already more powerful than video game Hulk, what does that say about what will happen in the comics? Nothing.

Insomniatric
With Spiderman's help he did.

Do you know what PIS is?

Nothing.

How does it say nothing about the comics? The theory seems pretty solid to me, but I guess you don't like Alex.

PIS- plot induced stupidity. Hulk is more powerful than Spidey, Cap, and Doc Samson put together. He was still defeated.

Mindset
How does it say nothing about the comics? The theory seems pretty solid to me, but I guess you don't like Alex.

PIS- plot induced stupidity. Hulk is more powerful than Spidey, Cap, and Doc Samson put together. He was still defeated. The theory may seem solid to you, but in actuality it's ridiculous.

Yes, he was defeated because of PIS...

Insomniatric
How is it ridiculous? You know as well as I do they are a lot more powerful in the comics.

Video game Alex can drop kick a tank, sending it flying a considerable distance into his enemies. Video game Hulk had to spin it around him, then throw it. Video game Alex can pick up a human, and throw him at a Helicopter hard enough to send it crashing to Earth, I've tried it on Ultimate Destruction, it doesn't work quite the same way. You have to throw a car to bring down a chopper in Ultimate destruction, and even doing that it's a 50/50 chance.

The video game incarnation of Alex was more powerful than the video game incarnation of Hulk. And we haven't even seen all of his abilities yet, and I'm willing to bet the comic Alex will probably be more powerful than Hulk.

Have you seen a Prototype gameplay video? They're sick.

Mindset
Just go to the Hulk respect thread, please.

Insomniatric
You realize I'm talking about the video game incarnations, don't you?

Mindset
You've been talking about videogame Hulk this entire time?

If so, why did you make the thread here, and why have you been mentioning comic Hulk fights?

If not, go to his respect thread.

Insomniatric
I made the thread here because at the time I did not know about the Video Game forum.

I mentioned comic fights because I was talking about how powerful Alex is in the game, and how powerful I believe he will be in the comics.

Who do you think wins a video game fight?

Kris Blaze
I made the thread here because at the time I did not know about the Video Game forum.

I mentioned comic fights because I was talking about how powerful Alex is in the game, and how powerful I believe he will be in the comics.

Who do you think wins a video game fight?

Why have you got to come here and spam the Comic book vs forum?

Take this thread to the Game VS or stick to the comics.

danteiscool
I think both are evenly matched. Alex can only turn into people he's absorbed and i'm pretty sure you have to weaken them first to do that. but anyway, I'd say Alex would win. and yes I know what feats the hulk has, but Alex seems to have him beat.

psycho gundam
lmfao

Wei Phoenix

Where is it stated that Alex gets the powers of people he shapeshifts into? Even if he did Hulk is more experienced with his powers, what lasting damage could he do to Hulk? Stabbing him only pisses him off.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Where is it stated that Alex gets the powers of people he shapeshifts into? Even if he did Hulk is more experienced with his powers, what lasting damage could he do to Hulk? Stabbing him only pisses him off. He needs to absorb people to transform into them, so fat chance that will even happen.

Doctor-Alvis
Your theory isn't solid because you're assuming there's a set ratio to how powerful a comic book character is in a video game compared to their comic incarnations. There is not.

Spider-man took less damage from a bullet than Superman did in their respective games but Superman could throw the moon at Spider-man.

Galen Malek (sp?) could pull down a Star Destroyer and spike it into the ground like a giant lawn dart with the force in Force Unleashed but... I actually didn't read his comic, that I'm assuming he had because it's popular to do that nowadays, but I'm sure he did less impressive things in it.

Truth is, I think your Alex Mercer will end up, like someone said, Carnage. Except for shapeshifting into people, Carnage can do everything you described but to a higher degree. Carnage would also pose minor issues to Hulk because of his speed and maneuverability but, like Alex, and the end of the day he won't have the damage or the power to do any lasting damage to Hulk.

Comic Hulk.

Insomniatric
Where is it stated that Alex gets the powers of people he shapeshifts into? Even if he did Hulk is more experienced with his powers, what lasting damage could he do to Hulk? Stabbing him only pisses him off.

"After killing a foe, the distinctive red-black tentacle mass that accompanies all of Alex's powers will burst from his body and drag the victim's form into his, consuming his memories and skills, and appearance along with his flesh. After consuming a foe, Alex can shapeshift to copy their appearance, allowing him to perfectly impersonate them"

I'm sure to perfectly impersonate somebody, you have to have their abilities. Hence the "consuming his memories and skills".

So he would be just as experience as Hulk, he would know what the Hulk was capable of, and he would use it to overcome the Hulk.

Mindset
"After killing a foe, the distinctive red-black tentacle mass that accompanies all of Alex's powers will burst from his body and drag the victim's form into his, consuming his memories and skills, and appearance along with his flesh. After consuming a foe, Alex can shapeshift to copy their appearance, allowing him to perfectly impersonate them"

I'm sure to perfectly impersonate somebody, you have to have their abilities. Hence the "consuming his memories and skills".

So he would be just as experience as Hulk, he would know what the Hulk was capable of, and he would use it to overcome the Hulk. He has to kill Hulk and consume him to be able to shapeshift into him.

Wei Phoenix

So he would be just as experience as Hulk, he would know what the Hulk was capable of, and he would use it to overcome the Hulk.

First he would have to kill Hulk as you said which isn't happening.

Insomniatric
First he would have to kill Hulk as you said which isn't happening.

Yes it would happen, I'm talking about Video games. Video game hulk could be killed by Helicopters.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Your theory isn't solid because you're assuming there's a set ratio to how powerful a comic book character is in a video game compared to their comic incarnations. There is not.

Spider-man took less damage from a bullet than Superman did in their respective games but Superman could throw the moon at Spider-man.

Galen Malek (sp?) could pull down a Star Destroyer and spike it into the ground like a giant lawn dart with the force in Force Unleashed but... I actually didn't read his comic, that I'm assuming he had because it's popular to do that nowadays, but I'm sure he did less impressive things in it.

Truth is, I think your Alex Mercer will end up, like someone said, Carnage. Except for shapeshifting into people, Carnage can do everything you described but to a higher degree. Carnage would also pose minor issues to Hulk because of his speed and maneuverability but, like Alex, and the end of the day he won't have the damage or the power to do any lasting damage to Hulk.

Comic Hulk.

What do you mean he is less powerful than Carnage?

Carnage is strong enough to lift a tank over his head, Alex is more than strong enough to lift a tank, and throw it at somebody.

Carnage also can't out maneuver Alex. Alex is crazy fast.

Alex is also much smarter, he was a former scientist.

He would make Carnage eat dirt.

Wei Phoenix
Yes it would happen, I'm talking about Video games. Video game hulk could be killed by Helicopters.

Look where you are at. A comic book forum, so this is comic Hulk vs game Alex. If you want to debate game hulk vs game alex then go to the game section. I'm sure Alex can be killed by bullets and whatever attacks him in that game...

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Why have you got to come here and spam the Comic book vs forum?

Take this thread to the Game VS or stick to the comics.

Why can't you read? I already said that I didn't even know about the video game forum.

NemeBro
I admit I do think Alex could possibly pose a threat to Carnage, though my knowledge on him is kinda crap I admit.

Wei Phoenix

Carnage is strong enough to lift a tank over his head, Alex is more than strong enough to lift a tank, and throw it at somebody.

A degree in science means nothing in a fight. The world's smartest man can't beat the world's strongest man.

Insomniatric
Look where you are at. A comic book forum, so this is comic Hulk vs game Alex. If you want to debate game hulk vs game alex then go to the game section. I'm sure Alex can be killed by bullets and whatever attacks him in that game...

I know where I'm at, I meant it to be video game vs video game, but I didn't know of any video game forum (I'm a new member, if you haven't noticed), so I went to the closest thing I could find.

The fight is not a Comic Battle, it's a video game.

Video game Alex would demolish video game hulk, I'm not sure about the comics, because I don't know anything about comic Alex.

Insomniatric
A degree in science means nothing in a fight. The world's smartest man can't beat the world's strongest man.

But when the smarter man is more powerful, (talking about Alex and Carnage, I assume you are too.) and faster than it's opponent, he could. He could overpower him, outmaneuver him, or outsmart him. Pick one.

Wei Phoenix
I know where I'm at, I meant it to be video game vs video game, but I didn't know of any video game forum (I'm a new member, if you haven't noticed), so I went to the closest thing I could find.

The fight is not a Comic Battle, it's a video game.

Video game Alex would demolish video game hulk, I'm not sure about the comics, because I don't know anything about comic Alex.

There is no comic Alex and why not leave the comic section and talk about this in the game section so no one here won't insult you for thinking he can pose a challenge to Hulk?

NemeBro
The thread will be closed in game vs.

Insomniatric
There is no comic Alex and why not leave the comic section and talk about this in the game section so no one here won't insult you for thinking he can pose a challenge to Hulk?

There is actually going to be a Prototype comic. DC announced it.

Insomniatric
Originally posted by NemeBro

Why?

NemeBro
Why? Hulk does not originate from a videogame.

In Game Vs. threads have to only have characters originating from a videogame.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro

Well he didn't know that.

There is actually going to be a Prototype comic. DC announced it.

And I guarantee that he won't be on Hulk's level. Your thread is illegal here because it doesn't even consist of any comic characters so either make it comic Hulk or it gets closed

Insomniatric
Well he didn't know that.

And I guarantee that he won't be on Hulk's level. Your thread is illegal here because it doesn't even consist of any comic characters so either make it comic Hulk or it gets closed

Well then somebody close it.

Just tell me, who wins a video game fight? And I guarantee that just because you don't believe the comic Alex will be as powerful as Hulk, well that doesn't really say anything.

And we all know that they just get more powerful as the comics go by, if comic Alex is not already as powerful as Hulk, he will be.

And from what I've seen of the comic, he's already more badass than when the Hulk comic was made.

Wei Phoenix
Hulk.

NemeBro
Videogame fight?

Alex probably.

Insomniatric
Hulk.

And just how the hell do you get that? You sound pretty biased to me. Kind of Fan-boyish.

Wei Phoenix
And just how the hell do you get that? You sound pretty biased to me. Kind of Fan-boyish.

If you knew anything about me then you'd know I hate Hulk above all other characters. Have you seen the cutscenes in the games? He is way more durable than him. Don't say helicopters can kill him or prove a threat to him because thats an ingame mechanic to obviously create balance in the game.

NemeBro
I cannot recall, what did he survive in the game?

Doctor-Alvis

You're just twisting the words now. Skills aren't powers. You can steal Cyclops' perfect aim but until you duct tape a gun to your face, thus becoming exactly as powerful as Cyclops, being able to snipe a fly around a corner with your eyeballs is pretty worthless.

I'm sorry, "crazy fast", I was out of line. I apologize.

Oh, video games? Don't BS people, I'm sure Alex Mercer will be able to be killed by your basic level 1 bad guys like Hulk can in his game.

Fully upgraded, I could on a rampage with no limits in Hulk's game. The only thing that could possibly stop me was me getting trapped in rubble, from how ****ing awesome I am, and the Hulkbuster landing on me. The only way a helicopter would kill me is if I sat there and let them peck me down while my rage wore down, and even then I would have to destroy stuff to keep the helicopter military level active, fueling my rage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.