Hector Barbossa vs. Luke Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

retturnnerr
One time, Luke Skywalker and 12 Jedi Knights were sent to an unknown planet called Earth to discover it. When his ship lands in South America, he reveals an ancient treasure chest, which cursed Captain Barbossa and his crew. Barbossa and his crew sight Skywalker and immediately attack the Jedi Knights and Luke, still cursed and immortal. Will Luke survive?

Rogue Jedi
Yeah this is gonna be closed.

Utrigita
Spite?

Rogue Jedi
Huge spite.

Utrigita
Thought so stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
How the **** is a pirate gonna beat a damn Jedi? But the again how is a Jedi supposed to kill an immortal? ****ing hell, man.

retturnnerr
To answer your question, Skywalker can attempt to gain all coins and drop it in the treasure chest, but not before Barbarossa tries to destroy him.

Rogue Jedi
How the hell is he gonna do that without Will around? And how is Luke supposed to know about Will?

retturnnerr
Pretty much. He manages to know all about him. Will is tied and the coin of his father's blood is already in the chest, but several coins are still spilled out.

Rogue Jedi
Then Luke pwns the pirates in an epic stomp.

Placidity
Yea the other 12 Jedi knights really weren't necessary.

KingD19
He doesn't even need the coins, he could just cut all his limbs off and leave him there.

NemeBro
Severs Barbossa's limbs, tosses him into the ocean.

/thread

XanatosForever
Any attempt by Luke to end the curse is fail, unless the pirates had already paid their blood sacrifices. What the hell is Luke gonna do if get cursed? Try to cut himself with his lightsaber? Now that would be funny.

Rogue Jedi
How is Luke gonna get cursed?

Also, the pirates can heal, but what if Luke lops off their arm, or their head?

XanatosForever
The minute he touches any of the coins the curse in effect, that was established by Jack when he got cursed after pulling the coins out of the chest in the final moments of Curse of the Black Pearl.

I'm not saying this isn't spite, I just wanted to point out that inconsistency.

Darth Rex
Luke's lightsaber could cut up their swords and cut off their body parts get rid of the curse or just go back to the galaxy far far away

XanatosForever
So now we have an immortal Luke Skywalker who is doomed to suffer his human instincts but never be able to satisfy them. Palpatine should've thought of that if he wanted to bring him to the dark side. wink

Rogue Jedi
If Jack Sparrow can outthink Barbossa, then Luke certainly can.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
If Jack Sparrow can outthink Barbossa, then Luke certainly can.

Luke was a blond moron in the films.

NemeBro
Originally posted by XanatosForever
The minute he touches any of the coins the curse in effect, that was established by Jack when he got cursed after pulling the coins out of the chest in the final moments of Curse of the Black Pearl.

I'm not saying this isn't spite, I just wanted to point out that inconsistency. You only get cursed if you pull the coins from the chest.

And Jack Sparrow is much more intelligent than Luke.

XanatosForever
Considering the coins he would be taking are the ones the pirates had already swiped, it means he's getting cursed. no expression

NemeBro
Considering the coins he would be taking are the ones the pirates had already swiped, it means he's getting cursed. no expression No it wouldn't, otherwise Elizabeth Swan and Will Turner would have been cursed when they took their coin.

It is the act of removing the coin from the chest that curses you. Receiving it from any other place does nothing.

XanatosForever
No U! Damn your obvious logic!

dadudemon
No U! Damn your obvious logic!

laughing

He's gotten me a few times as well. internet pwnage. sad

XanatosForever
It's my own fault. In order to debate a side, you should be aware of all aspects of it, otherwise you'll get blind sided like I did. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Luke was a blond moron in the films. Yeah, sure, a blind moron who masterminded the escape from Jabba's sail barge.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Yeah, sure, a blind moron who masterminded the escape from Jabba's sail barge. By getting captured and powering your way out?

Rogue Jedi
Mhm. He knew Jabba would never negotiate, he counted on it and planned accordingly.

omgchos
I think returner has a POTC fetish.

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by NemeBro
By getting captured and powering your way out? Works for me. stick out tongue

siriuswriter
umm... get the pirates in the moonlight and use the force on the skulls?

big grin

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Placidity
Yea the other 12 Jedi knights really weren't necessary.

laughing

Yeah, One Knight is enough. Force Push and a lightsaber is to much for any undead pirate.

Skywalker dices Barbossa into a thousand pieces and puts his remains into a box.

chilled monkey
By getting captured and powering your way out?

Yep. It's a classic 'Trojan Horse' style strategy. Let the enemy capture you while smuggling in equipment (in Luke's case he hid his lightsabre in R2D2) and then catching them unawares.

It was quite a brilliant plan actually.

NemeBro
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Yep. It's a classic 'Trojan Horse' style strategy. Let the enemy capture you while smuggling in equipment (in Luke's case he hid his lightsabre in R2D2) and then catching them unawares.

It was quite a brilliant plan actually. Brilliant plan?

Any jackass could have thought that up if they were tough enough.

chilled monkey
Brilliant plan?

Any jackass could have thought that up if they were tough enough.

The brilliant part was that Luke ALLOWED himself to be captured, while using R2 to smuggle in his lightsabre.

You seemed to imply that Luke got captured through being careless or something, when in fact getting captured was his plan.

Rogue Jedi
Luke could have just as easily entered Jabba's palace, negotiated with Jabba, then rushed Jabba and hold his lightsaber on Jabba until Jabba agreed to release Solo and the gang.

He didnt, because its not the Jedi way.

Sadako of Girth
But then neither is force choking.

*see Gamorrean Guards for details.*

Rogue Jedi
Well, I have a theory on that.......................................

Sadako of Girth
Okay....

*Sits calmly, lights smoke, straps himself into the restraints*

.........lets hear it. smile

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Okay....

*Sits calmly, lights smoke, straps himself into the restraints*

.........lets hear it. smile Well, Luke was a new breed of Jedi. He saw the guards, and made a split second decision to force choke them instead of killing them. He used a dark side power in order to avoid killing. I guess to Luke, the ends justified the means.

omgchos
Well since you can move things with the force, like telekinesis. Shouldn't force choking be something any jedi/sith could do without it being an exclusive Dark Side power.

Rogue Jedi
The reason it is a dark side force power is because it is an offensive power against a living being.

omgchos
No i don't mean the act of using it. I just mean the fact that its not an exclusive power like lighting. Instead of him movie an object he pushes in on the larynx.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.