Adamantium VS Vibranium

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinXed by JaNx
I know that it's said that Adamantium is more durable than Vibranium but is this true when we consider Vibraniums ability to absorb kinetic energy? I mean, how can an Adamantium blade ever be able to pierce or cut through Vibranium if it absorbs the force powering the Adamantium strike?

KingD19
That's the thing, Adamantium is truly more durable, because it straight out takes the damage. You shoot a missile at an adamantium block, the block will just get hit, but take no damage.

You shoot one at a Vibranium block, it'll absorb the energy that would normally be transferred.

So in truth, Adamantium is more durable, while Vibranium just has the ability to soak up damage. However, it can be overloaded, as shown when Cap's shield was broken I believe.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
That's the thing, Adamantium is truly more durable, because it straight out takes the damage. You shoot a missile at an adamantium block, the block will just get hit, but take no damage.

You shoot one at a Vibranium block, it'll absorb the energy that would normally be transferred.

So in truth, Adamantium is more durable, while Vibranium just has the ability to soak up damage. However, it can be overloaded, as shown when Cap's shield was broken I believe. Cap's shield was broken by Molecule Man, MM could break adamantium too.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
So in truth, Adamantium is more durable, while Vibranium just has the ability to soak up damage. However, it can be overloaded, as shown when Cap's shield was broken I believe.

Cap's shield is made of vibranium AND an experimental iron alloy.

Originally posted by Mindset
Cap's shield was broken by Molecule Man, MM could break adamantium too.

thumb up

dadudemon
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Cap's shield is made of vibranium AND an experimental iron alloy.

thumb up

And some unknown catalyst.

And to answer your question, True Adamantium (top quality kind) is stronger than Vibranium.

jinXed by JaNx
isn't caps shield made of both, Adamantium and Vibranium?

Shadow_King
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

I thought so to

jinXed by JaNx
Hmm, Caps shield was only broken once, right...,by Thanos? If so, does that mean, with the infinity gauntlet, Thanos could snap wolverine in half or break his claws?

wannabe
Hmm, Caps shield was only broken once, right...,by Thanos? If so, does that mean, with the infinity gauntlet, Thanos could snap wolverine in half or break his claws?
You dont need the IG to do that, just magnetic or reality warping powers.

jinXed by JaNx
well i was just wondering because Thanos broke it without the IG.

CATMANEXE
well i was just wondering because Thanos broke it without the IG.

Reality Gem= reality warp

StiltmanFTW

I think it was retconned.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by CATMANEXE
Reality Gem= reality warp

So, Scarlet Witch could destroy Adamantium?

Mindset
So, Scarlet Witch could destroy Adamantium? She altered the omniverse.

No, of course not.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

CATMANEXE
laughing out loud ditko!

any transmution effect should also work. maybe magic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.