The Blade Trilogy vs The Punisher movies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Indestructible
The three punisher movies didnt follow eachother there just 3 Individual movies. Blade on the other hand was a good trilogy. Which three movies are better.

Raoul
Blade, imo.

Mindset
Originally posted by Raoul
Blade, imo.

Kazenji
Blade

BruceSkywalker
blade

roughrider
Blade.

snoopdogg
Blade wins. But the Thomas Jane Punisher was f*cking awesome.

jinXed by JaNx
Umm, the only Blade movie that still stands up for me is Blade 2. Blade 3 had Jessica Biel and that counts for something but the movie was just atrocious. I think Janes Punisher was a bit better than Blade 2, so, i pick Punisher.

Darth Martin
Blade II is a legitimately great film. Successful combination of horror, action, and the comic book feel. Great acting and atmosphere throughout.

The Punisher (2004) is a good film as is Blade (1998). The rest don't need to be mentioned.

JayDaDon
Definitely blade.

Entity
I still can't understand why so many people dis War Zone? I heard it was horrible but still had to watch it and hell it wasn't really bad at all. I mean not the greatest movie I've ever seen but allot more accurate to the punisher history than Jane's and still a very good movie IMO.

That being said, The Blade Trilogy is still by far the most ****ing awesome!

Deadline
Blade of course, duh.

srankmissingnin
Blade 1 was good, 2 and 3 were Aliens Resection level lame. For my money Ray Stevenson and Punisher: War Zone > any of the Blade movies, but as a whole the Blade franchise was better than the sum of all the Punisher movies. Plus I liked that Blade tv show on Spike, it had some pretty great fight choreography.

Badabing
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Blade wins. But the Thomas Jane Punisher was f*cking awesome. thumb up

JayDaDon
@srank

U serious? Blade 2 was great. It's blade 3 I won't defend.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by JayDaDon
@srank

U serious? Blade 2 was great. It's blade 3 I won't defend.

The only good thing about Blade 2 was that the name Guillermo Del Toro was attached to it. I'd love to pretend it was good movie because Del Toro directed it, just like I'd love to pretend Alien Resurrection was a good movie because the script was written by Josh Whedon... but they aren't. Cool cinematography and fight choreography, doesn't make up for cheesy dialogue, lame characters and a bad script. Blade 2.

SuperiorTech
Blade wins easy

HigH ScholaR
Blade 1 was the best, the sequels got worse and worse imo. I dont get why people say Blade 2 was good, I though it was rubbish.

Bouboumaster
Blade 1 and 2 were great. As for the Punisher movies, Ray Stevenson ownz Thomas Jane

JayDaDon
@srank

I dont see anything that wasn't good about blade 2. You can't ask for much more than fights and cool stunts with a blade movie. I think maybe you were just expecting a bit too much. There's no way blade 2 compares to some of the crap marvel has come out with.

-Pr-
Blade 2 is arguably the best of the trilogy imo.

Kazenji
Just read something about Marvel studio's got he rights back for the Punisher

so hopefully a decent Punisher flick in the works.

Zack Fair
Blade 2 is the best in the franchise.

Shrank is on dope.

Prep-Man
Blade 1. Both Punisher movies were kinda weak and so were the other Blade movies. Dracula was crap.

Kazenji
If they decide to do another Punisher movie and a R rated one at that, Marvel should try and get Tarantino.

BruceSkywalker
the punisher is a very violent character and that NEEDS to be shown on screen.. someone like tarantino would bring the character justice

Prep-Man
Or Robert Rodriguez. Though I doubt they are Punisher fans.

srankmissingnin
The thought of Tarantino making a Punisher film is enough to give me sleepless nights. He is already dangerously close to parody enough as is without the help of source material like Garth Ennis books.

Caps Conscience
I liked war zone.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Or Robert Rodriguez. Though I doubt they are Punisher fans.

Well we know both of them are Sin City fans but yeah thats not a Marvel book.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.