Bronze Tiger RESPECT Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

joesha28
Hello ppl.... Ben Turner AKA Bronze Tiger cld be considered as a small time character but he is one of the best fighters in DCU. Top 5 to be exact... so here we go: Introducing Bronze Tiger!

joesha28
Here's abt his ability from wiki:

The Bronze Tiger possesses no metahuman powers, but is a superb martial artist. Many consider him one of the top 10 martial artists in the DC Universe, if not in the top 5. He has bested such great martial artists as Batman before. Turner defeated Batman in Detective Comics #485 (1979), a side result of which was the death of Kathy Kane. He would face Batman again shortly after. Even though Batman had taken every possible precaution for the rematch, neither fighter was able to gain an advantage, and the fight only ended when one of the League members shot Batman with a poisoned dart.

joesha28
Ok here we see Bronze Tiger vs RAVAN...
RAVAN is a very proficient Martial Artist himself...

http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b04l.jpg

joesha28
Here is JUDITH vs Batman

See how she takes him...

http://img37.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b14.jpg

Now Bronze Tiger vs JUDITH

http://img36.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b07t.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b08h.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b09j.jpg

joesha28
The Famous Bronze Tiger vs BATMAN...
http://img43.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b01dzc.jpg

REMATCH! Even with prep... Batman could not beat him!
http://img36.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b02.jpg
http://img132.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b03q.jpg

joesha28
And doing a deadly move

thanos-prime
if you don't mind i would like to see more he seems like an interesting char.

joesha28
Hi guys... I think Ben turner is a decent character. Anyone has scans? How about his Suicide squad fight against Batman?

joesha28
Bronze Tiger taking out Deathstroke. To be fair, Slade was hurt. But this is slade, enhanced Human...takes down Teen Titans and JLA... uses 90% of his brain. And Bronze Tiger is peak human.

joesha28
Continue...

joesha28
Continued... Note that Bronze Tiger pins down Deathstroke.

joesha28
From "The Brotherhood of The Fist" story line. Where fighters of the DCU are attacked by the Monkey Fist Cult. The Iron Monkeys attacked Black Canary, whiich she struggles to fight off. Bronze Tiger saves her, smoothly taking out the Iron Monkeys. For info, This monkeys are ranked 6th out of 8 in their order. Some cool scans.

joesha28
Continued...

joesha28
Continued..

joesha28
See what Dinah has to say of the prospect of facing the Monkey Fist Cult but most importantly she being intimidated of having Bronze Tiger with her.

joesha28
Originally posted by joesha28
See what Dinah has to say of the prospect of facing the Monkey Fist Cult but most importantly she being intimidated of having Bronze Tiger with her.

joesha28
Bronze Tiger takes out The Enchantress with the Nerve Pinch.

joesha28
Bronze Tiger against Shrapnel. Looked up Shrapnel, Shrapnel has superhuman strength and stamina. He doesn't have to eat or sleep in this form.
In addition, the metal plates on Shrapnel's body can be projected into explosive bursts. Each scale is a living organism controlled by Shrapnel's consciousness, so once fired they can be directed and recalled at will. Pieces lost by Shrapnel will eventually die, but he can regenerate new ones. Bronze Tiger going mano-mano with him shows BT's badassness.

joesha28
Ben's showing some reflexes..

Dolos
Does he use...Tiger Style Kung Fu? Haha, badass. Check out my user page.

joesha28
Originally posted by Dolos
Does he use...Tiger Style Kung Fu? Haha, badass. Check out my user page.

He uses about every style of Martial arts.

joesha28
Keeping this Thread alive as much as I can.

Ben Turner ( Before he became the Bronze Tiger) introduced along with DC Best Martial Artist Richard Dragon.

joesha28
Richard Dragon vs Ben Turner

Sparring Match.. they are equal in this match.

joesha28
Well is Bronze Tiger really top 5 Martial Artist in the DCU earth. There are many contestant to the best fighter title. Notable ones, Lady Shiva, black canary, Batman, Cass Cain, Richard Dragon, Connor Hawke. While I do agree that all of them deserve to be in the top 10, only Dragon derserved to be above Ben Turner.
Comic writers has a thing to make their character the best fighter for some reason, e.g Conner Hawke. And Shiva has been given lip service by various writer to be the cream of the crop.

But many have failed where it matters most. Batman and Deathstroke

Shiva- As much as Batman had never beaten her in comic, she has never beaten him. too. She made 4 moves against Batman in which 2 contacted and 2 was blocked. This does not include the strike she executed when he did not take her seriously. While we know Bronze Tiger beat Batman in 3 moves. The last brought the Batman down. Not to mention, Batman failed to beat Bronze Tiger in all 3 fights. 1 lose 2 draws is the score for the Bat. The 3rd fight, BT was sloppy and off his game while Batman was in good condition. It was still a tie.

Connor Hawke- Basically the poster boy when Chuck Dixon wrote him. He had a fight with Shiva (Brotherhood of the fist arc), which I personally felt he lost badly. Outside of that he had never been a proven martial artist.

Cass Cain - She beaten shiva better than Batman and Connor. But she failed to beat Batman, failed to beat Oillie..i mean Ollie? Yes GA had some training but she was SUPPOSE to be the top MA in town. While Bronze Tiger, had the upperhand over Deathstroke in his fight, Cass Cain was stated that her MA skills is too good for Slade to fight her 1 on 1 which were not proven when they did face each other.

While this, I would say that Bronze Tiger could probably considered the 2nd Best figther after Richard Dragon.

joesha28
Glad they did away with Were-tiger Bronze Tiger..... Hope DC sticks with it.
BT is too awesome for transformation.

And Hope they revived him to be Top 5 Martial Artist of DC Earth.

Bronze Tiger (Ben Turner) is appearing in Tony Daniel's Deathstroke Book. Part of the League of Assassins with Lady Shiva.

DJ Smith8
They ruined Bronze Tiger. I rather bronze tiger be a meta at will, than a joke at fighting. Hes been reduced to being beaten easily by death stroke. And back to being Shiva's lackey. At least Bronze Tigers transformation would have opened doors for him to fight stronger metas but now hes just a goon. The last story was tolerable if it had played out we could have seen his skill outside of his transformation, and he never used his sword. Now hes just a brainwashed puppet, and not even a threat like he used to be under brainwashing. I hope they fix this quick. Why did they even change it, personally im tired of the whole Bronze tiger skilled martial artist but always looses to gadget users. Classic argument used to be how he sized up to opponents straight hand to hand, but we all knew bats had his gadgets and death stroke had his guns so they would have always had the edge. If he was a threat in and out transformation we could see him face metas on a more even playing field and had something for those gadget users. Now hes just a reject blade who cant even defend himself longer than 2 pages.

joesha28
Chuck Dixon's Richard Dragon Run. Many fans say it's not canon, I agree to that as Chuck's origin for the character were not in line with Continuity.

But here is that famed Richard Dragon vs Bronze tiger fight from the series. Many posted that Dragon won that fight but never post the full scan. Here are the last 2 scans of the fight which we see Tiger giving 3 hits and Dragon became disorientated. Under UFC rules, that's a win for Bronze Tiger.

joesha28
2nd scan. In all comic history Richard Dragon and Bronze Tiger fought only twice. Once in pre-crisis, and than in Chuck version. The PC version was a 50-50 tie, the Chuck Dixion version, started ugly for Ben Turner with Dragon easily gaining advantage but as shown Tiger turned the advantage and beat him down. which means Dragon has NEVER BEATEN the Tiger.

joesha28
Tom King (Current writer of Batman) agrees that Bronze Tiger is Top 5 or even 3 Best Fighter in DC Earth and definitely better than Batman.

Alex_Ferrana
Awesome RT about one of the best martial artists in DC period.

joesha28
After 13years, I'm glad to find this RT.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.