Spiderman/Wolverine vs Slade/Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins and slade and Midnighter get standard equipment.

Forgot about spidey web advantage. No webbing in this battle

Enyalus
If Spidey gets his webbing here, Team One nearly every time.

carver9
Edited battle, read above.

Enyalus
Okay.

Team Two takes a solid majority then.

carver9
Originally posted by Enyalus
Okay.

Team Two takes a solid majority then.

So you're basically saying spiderman is the weak link.

Entity
Originally posted by carver9
So you're basically saying spiderman is the weak link. Well when you handicap him by taking away one of his most relied on strenghts

Enyalus
So you're basically saying spiderman is the weak link.
In this situation, Wolvie and Spidey are about even to me. Spidey's faster and stronger, but less durable with less training and experience. Kind of a trade off. Spidey would lose to either Slade or Midnighter. Wolvie would lose to Midnighter.

*shrug*

Entity
In this situation, Wolvie and Spidey are about even to me. Spidey's faster and stronger, but less durable with less training and experience. Kind of a trade off. Spidey would lose to either Slade or Midnighter. Wolvie would lose to Midnighter.

*shrug* Peter could take Slade. Not on their first encounter but after 2 or 3 fights and he learned who he was messin with I'd say he'd take him as well or even better then Dick on a good day.

Granted I'd assume this would be a first encounter fight, in which case Spidey goes down.

Sidey Sense would be a shakeuper for Midnighter too IMO. I wonder how well his tactical prediction would work against someone with natural danger precognition?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Entity
Peter could take Slade. Not on their first encounter but after 2 or 3 fights and he learned who he was messin with I'd say he'd take him as well or even better then Dick on a good day.
Peter's H2H skills are nowhere near Slade's or Dick's, though. And Slade's dealt with Wonder Woman and Batman's speed before, so I don't see the edge in Parker's strength or agility giving him a majority.

Originally posted by Entity
Sidey Sense would be a shakeuper for Midnighter too IMO. I wonder how well his tactical prediction would work against someone with natural danger precognition?
Meh...I don't think it works at the level Midnighter's scenario precog works at. Billions of scenarios per second.

carver9

*shrug*

Wolvie and spiderman speed is debatable, they're in the same ball park.

Midnighter isnt beating wolverine, I dont even know what made you come to the conclussion that he could. Cant say he's a better fight because he doesnt have the feats proving this. Cant say he's faster because wolverine feats out weighs his. I guess you're talking about his healing factor which again doesnt prove that he can take a claw stab from wolvie. So again, how is midnighter beating someone who is just better than him in all categories.

carver9

Peter's H2H skills are nowhere near Slade's or Dick's, though. And Slade's dealt with Wonder Woman and Batman's speed before, so I don't see the edge in Parker's strength or agility giving him a majority.

Meh...I don't think it works at the level Midnighter's scenario precog works at. Billions of scenarios per second.

With that kind of power Midnighter should NEVER get hit, got a question, has he ever been hit before? confused

If so then that mean that the above statement that you just said is hyperbole.

Spire
Lawl.

Enyalus
So again, how is midnighter beating someone who is just better than him in all categories.
Because what you said isn't true?

With that kind of power Midnighter should NEVER get hit, got a question, has he ever been hit before? confused

If so then that mean that the above statement that you just said is hyperbole.
It was also stated that Midnighter was only in danger of being killed one time, ever. And that was when fighting aliens who could process things faster than he could, making his ability useless. The rest of the times, all the other beings he's fought...he apparently was never in any serious danger of being killed. Because of his battle precog.

Mindset

Meh...I don't think it works at the level Midnighter's scenario precog works at. Billions of scenarios per second. Slade's hth skills aren't as good as Dick's, he's just physically superior.

Pete can beat him for the majority imo.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Pete can beat him for the majority imo.
If it were just H2H, for a 10 fight majority, I would agree. But Slade has standard gear here. Automatic weapons and twin Promethium blades, so...

carver9
Because what you said isn't true?

It was also stated that Midnighter was only in danger of being killed one time, ever. And that was when fighting aliens who could process things faster than he could, making his ability useless. The rest of the times, all the other beings he's fought...he apparently was never in any serious danger of being killed. Because of his battle precog.

What in my statement wasnt true because feat wise say different?

That was my question enyalus, my question was if you can predict a person move or plan a billion battle strategies to beat a guy then you shouldnt really get hit but he does. Everything that you're saying about this guy is hyperbole OR theres a way around that power.

Spiderman has a spider sense but gets tagged ALL THE TIME by people much slower than him.

Mindset
Unless he gets his staff, I still give it to Pete.

Enyalus
What in my statement wasnt true because feat wise say different?

You said 'better in all categories.' He's not faster than Midnighter. Might be as fast, but it doesn't matter because of his scenario prediction. Midnighter's also stronger. And he's a very good fighter, as well. His HF is nowhere Wolverine's, that's true. But he's the reach advantage with his staff.

That was my question enyalus, my question was if you can predict a person move or plan a billion battle strategies to beat a guy then you shouldnt really get hit but he does. Everything that you're saying about this guy is hyperbole OR theres a way around that power.

Spiderman has a spider sense but gets tagged ALL THE TIME by people much slower than him.

Okay. So is Spiderman's Spider Sense hyperbole? No. He has it. Obviously. Just like Midnighter has his scenario prediction, and it works as stated.

carver9

You said 'better in all categories.' He's not faster than Midnighter. Might be as fast, but it doesn't matter because of his scenario prediction. Midnighter's also stronger. And he's a very good fighter, as well. His HF is nowhere Wolverine's, that's true. But he's the reach advantage with his staff.

Okay. So is Spiderman's Spider Sense hyperbole? No. He has it. Obviously. Just like Midnighter has his scenario prediction, and it works as stated.

I agree, spiderman has his spider sense just like midnight has his prec but both has limits, fighters. Martial artist tends to circle around prec powers and they tend to do it on a level where they actually make the fight turn in there favor.

By the way, what feat are you using to even make you think that midnighter is stronger?

carver9
The reason I called your statement hyperbole because his prec dont work on the level that you are putting it at.

Enyalus
By the way, what feat are you using to even make you think that midnighter is stronger?
Off the top of my head, the feat I was using was him punching through a guy's head who was ten times more durable, stronger, and faster than a typical human. He did that to a whole spaceship full of them.

He's got numerous other, ripping limbs off people, feats. That takes a helluva lot of physical strength.

Digi
I've spoken at length on why I think Spidey has a definite edge over MN'er. And Logan's the hardest to kill here. Team 1 for the healthy majority. Though tactics would get team 2 some wins.

Also, yes, it's reasonable to assume MN'er is slightly > peak human based on his feats. How much, we can't say for sure, though my personal guess would be around a 2-ton strength class, with other physical abilities to match.

carver9
Off the top of my head, the feat I was using was him punching through a guy's head who was ten times more durable, stronger, and faster than a typical human. He did that to a whole spaceship full of them.

He's got numerous other, ripping limbs off people, feats. That takes a helluva lot of physical strength.

You said midnight rip limbs off well how about wolverine breaking a dinosaur neck
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6278/dinonecksnapgg0.jpg

Here goes wolverine holding up at least eight men with one arm. Pretty damn impressive if you ask me.
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/8717/100pirates3vt4.jpg

Love this feat, wolverine is UNDER WATER and he punch a guy so hard that the guy head goes through the brick siding.
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2426/underwatercementcraterar4.jpg

I know you'll love this enyalus, wolverine punch a dumpster a couple of feat with one hand.
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/5372/dumpsterii9.jpg

You want to bring up punching people out. Roughouse is a troll from the asgardian race. His skin is basically near invulnerability and his strength is in the 80 ton range but he still get punched out by wolverine.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/5946/roughousefistfight3qn9.jpg

Again, what feat do you have that makes you think midnighter is stronger than wolverine because all you told me was body damage.

Mindset
It's 6 men, and he threw the dumpster.

Kinkin
Wolvie and spiderman speed is debatable, they're in the same ball park.

No.

SamZED
Spider-man has a speed advantge over any character mentioned in the title. And he sure as hell CAN beat DS. That is if he's not holding back. Wolverine's fighting skills and healing factor are superior to Slade's. So yeah, team 1.

StiltmanFTW
Spider-Man&Wolverine = Marvel Universe

Team 1 FTW.

Wild Shadow
team 1 ftw. even without the webs spidey and logan are too much for those two.... team 2 is a pale reflection of team1..

also strength wise wolvester kicked a cyber ninja of the hand head off.

Harbinger
Team two.

carver9
Team 1

Daredevil1
This is tough to call but I'll go with Team 1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.