what takes the most honor to use ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
what object takes more honor to pick up or use more than mjolnir ?

list as many as you want

psycho gundam
excalibur?

he-man's power sword?

chomperx9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
excalibur?

he-man's power sword? the sword in the stone takes more honor to pull out than using he mans sword

Dr Will Hatch
You're not a true man until you master a lightsaber.

The Nuul
The Batkick.

chomperx9
Originally posted by The Nuul
The Batkick. this is about what item takes the most honor to use not what move

gogogadgetgo
excalibur?

he-man's power sword?

excalibur is more like being destined to wield it or something i think

he-man's sword is the same, being destined to wield it

mjolnir is more like being worthy and not honor alone. sure you may be honorable but your also a wimp. then your not worthy to wield mjolnir.

StiltmanFTW
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/599/accessoriescaptainameri.jpg

Badabing
Moved

Nihilist
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/599/accessoriescaptainameri.jpg winner

chomperx9
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/599/accessoriescaptainameri.jpg are you kidding me cause anyone can just pick up caps shield ?

Juk3n
Originally posted by chomperx9
are you kidding me cause anyone can just pick up caps shield ?

but it's an honour ^^

Wei Phoenix

But how many have picked up and used it?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
But how many have picked up and used it? they have to get through cap 1st which isn't the easiest thing to do. but if he were to drive out and dump the shield on route 66 and someone else drive by and pick it up they can use it as well.

StiltmanFTW
thumb down

chomperx9
now batman dropping his bat belt out on the street and someone else trying to use it that's a different story. cause the way he has it set up it would take like a year or so to figure out the buttons you gotta press and what controls what. but caps shield you can just pick up and use it to block or what ever. might take some practice for awhile to get the shield to come back to you if you throw it.

Wei Phoenix
they have to get through cap 1st which isn't the easiest thing to do. but if he were to drive out and dump the shield on route 66 and someone else drive by and pick it up they can use it as well.

No because Thor would zap the first random mofo that tried to touch it.

StiltmanFTW
now batman dropping his bat belt out on the street and someone else trying to use it that's a different story. cause the way he has it set up it would take like a year or so to figure out the buttons you gotta press and what controls what. but caps shield you can just pick up and use it to block or what ever. might take some practice for awhile to get the shield to come back to you if you throw it.

I heard that people cut themselves when picking up Cap's shield.

And aside from Steve, Bucky, Taskmaster and U.S. Agent there really aren't many who could properly throw it.

SuperiorTech

And aside from Steve, Bucky, Taskmaster and U.S. Agent there really aren't many who could properly throw it.

I think Hawkeye can use it as well.

chomperx9
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I think Hawkeye can use it as well. i hope you mean the new hawkeye

willRules
i hope you mean the new hawkeye

Not Bullseye Hawkeye but Clint Barton Hawkeye can throw it without being injured or decapitated.

Obviously Cap can use it (Steve or Bucky) and Black Widow may have some extremely limited experience with it. In the JLA/Avengers crossover superman wielded it but only used it to smash things up. Even he remarked how amazing it was.

In Civil War: Fallen Son #3 Hawkeye threw and caught ti perfectly. Tony Stark said that 77 highly trained SHIELD agents had a shot at throwing it. 73 of those are injured in hospital and Stark implied that the other four suffered some form of serious head injury (he jokes about decapitation.)

Although it's also possible that Bullseye could wield it. Clint said throwing the shield was all about "marksmanship" and "accuracy." That's Bullseye's thing.

Scoobless
Originally posted by willRules
Not Bullseye Hawkeye but Clint Barton Hawkeye can throw it without being injured or decapitated.

Obviously Cap can use it (Steve or Bucky) and Black Widow may have some extremely limited experience with it. In the JLA/Avengers crossover superman wielded it but only used it to smash things up. Even he remarked how amazing it was.

& USAgent (to some degree)

roughrider
Don't know what other object has similar - a magic test of character.

Is Excalibur used by any character in DC or Marvel; being literal to the legend?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Scoobless

Already mentioned him.

I think Wolverine could wield his shield, too.

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1253/wolvieiscapgp1.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6516/wolvieiscap2us7.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5071/wolvieiscap3ri1.jpg
Credit goes to jinzin.

Disappear
i like the idea of cap's shield, especially given what spidey did and said when they fought in civil war; but it's technically not necessary. namor used it to knock out giant man in a defenders issue somewhere along the line. i guess it comes down to the distinction between "use" and "wield," given that inheriting cap's shield implies the new user was worthy of it.

willRules
Originally posted by Scoobless

Oh yeah smile

Originally posted by Disappear
i like the idea of cap's shield, especially given what spidey did and said when they fought in civil war; but it's technically not necessary. namor used it to knock out giant man in a defenders issue somewhere along the line. i guess it comes down to the distinction between "use" and "wield," given that inheriting cap's shield implies the new user was worthy of it.

Agreed. It's only worthy in the sense that it can only be properly wielded by someone who is a well trained marksmen.

Hulk could, theoretically use it (and Ultimate Hulk did) but not properly or efficiently yes

Endless Mike
A Bat'leth from Star Trek.

Because the only reason Klingons use such a horribly inefficient and retarded weapon when they have much more powerful and effective disruptor pistols is because of their ridiculous concept of "honor".

Disappear
Agreed. It's only worthy in the sense that it can only be properly wielded by someone who is a well trained marksmen.

Hulk could, theoretically use it (and Ultimate Hulk did) but not properly or efficiently yes

i meant more in the vein of spider-man keeping it away from some potential thieves because, even in the thick of a fight against cap, spidey had so much respect for him and knew they didn't deserve to touch it. i can't, for the life of me, remember what he said about it, though.

willRules
Originally posted by Disappear
i meant more in the vein of spider-man keeping it away from some potential thieves because, even in the thick of a fight against cap, spidey had so much respect for him and knew they didn't deserve to touch it. i can't, for the life of me, remember what he said about it, though.

Oh you're referring to the Civil War issue. Amazing Spider-man #534. The issue where he fought Cap and it was one for the contributing factors to bringing him to Cap's side. He says regarding the shield;

Disappear
that's it precisely.

psycho gundam

And aside from Steve, Bucky, Taskmaster and U.S. Agent there really aren't many who could properly throw it. nomad

Endless Mike
nomad

Also Doom (check his respect thread)

tjcoady
thumb down

In defense of Cap's shield....

Stark, when he was S.H.I.E.L.D. director, offered it to a bunch of agents (including Clay ****ing Quartermain), and none of them weilded it properly. Hawkeye COULD, but he refused it on, basically, an honor based ground.

tjcoady
Oh you're referring to the Civil War issue. Amazing Spider-man #534. The issue where he fought Cap and it was one for the contributing factors to bringing him to Cap's side. He says regarding the shield;

And that was the other point I wanted to bring up.

As always, WillRules, you're wonderful.

(That was SO gay....)

willRules
Originally posted by tjcoady
And that was the other point I wanted to bring up.

As always, WillRules, you're wonderful.

(That was SO gay....)

embarrasment I don't know whether I should be flattered or freaked out. I like women, but in your case, I'll make an exception wink stick out tongue

tjcoady
embarrasment I don't know whether I should be flattered or freaked out. I like women, but in your case, I'll make an exception wink stick out tongue

Precisely.

smile

manjaro

Are You!! f ****ing kidding with this thread, dude? eek! eek!

chomperx9
Originally posted by manjaro
Are You!! f ****ing kidding with this thread, dude? eek! eek! everyone else seems to enjoy it big grin

roughrider
GL power rings are special - only a few thousands users out of a whole galaxy of candidates. It can skip over billions of people on Earth to find the right user for it.

chomperx9
Originally posted by roughrider
GL power rings are special - only a few thousands users out of a whole galaxy of candidates. It can skip over billions of people on Earth to find the right user for it. yeah but that takes skill not honor or worthiness. joker or venom could pick up a GL ring and use it if they got the training from the guardians

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.