Black Pearl vs. Flying Dutchman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
The Pearl is captain'd by Barbossa and this is Movie 1.

vs.

The Dutchman captain'd by Davy Jones.

Battle on the open sea.

1. Battle between the ships.
2. Battle between the crews.

Rogue Jedi
Dude, didnt this fight already happen?

Luminatus
Nope. The curse was goneby the time they fought. This is mvoie 1.

omgchos
Well since the Pearl's crew cannot die....... And neither can the Crew of the dutchman. This means these immortals end up in epic battle til judgment day and trumpets sound. Great line from POTC: COTBP

KingD19
It seemed the Pearl and Dutchman were constantly repaired from all damage recieved. So since each ship and crew can't be stopped, this'll get boring after a while, or probably when they run out of ammo. Then again, the Dutchman can summon the Kraken.

omgchos
The Black Pearl' crew would just claw their way out, lol. I mean this will either end up as a never ending bottom of the sea showdown, or if they run outta cannons before either ship sinks, then they fight eternally on the decks of the ship. Even if one manages to sink the other first, They would just climb onto the other one and the fight goes on.

Luminatus
Well dismemberment to the point you can't do anything works. Also, remember what the Pearl's crew did to Boostrap? That also be a victory.

So there is a way to win. It'll just take a while.

Also I think the Dutchman's team has other powers besides immortality. Not sure. Why I'm rewatching the second film as I type.

Also, does Jones have intangibility? Look at about 3:05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7La7YOl2g8I&feature=PlayList&p=65D437A41DDABED7&index=11

NemeBro
Dutchman easily.

The Black Pearl's crew is simply immortal.

The Dutchman's is much more.

To quote Jones,"I am the sea!"

KingD19
Yeah, Davy Jones has phasing abilities, and teleportation.

Everyone else on the Dutchman was just a hybrid fish. And the Pearl crew walked on the sea bed till they got to shore, they can't swim.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.