Wizards vs Mutants

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dr Will Hatch
Movie X Men vs everyone at Hogwarts. This includes villains such as the Brotherhood and the Death Eaters.

Rogue Jedi
Well, considering Wizards can kill them with one spell, wizards own.

Dr Will Hatch
Really? Wouldn't Xavier do a mind wipe or something?

Rogue Jedi
Dumbledore can surely pull some kind of spell to counter that.

Dr Will Hatch
What is he going to do against The Dark Phoenix?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
What is he going to do against The Dark Phoenix? Avada Kedavra.

Dr Will Hatch
Before she disintergrates him? wink

Rogue Jedi
Gonna be a shitoad of wizards, and the death eaters can apparate and fly around.

Mindset
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Dumbledore can surely pull some kind of spell to counter that. How would he use a counter spell when his mind is shut down?

BruceSkywalker
facepalmfacepalm

Mindset
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
facepalmfacepalm Care to elaborate?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mindset
How would he use a counter spell when his mind is shut down? Their minds will never be shut down. Occlumency.

Mindset
Wtf is occlumency?

Dr Will Hatch
It means you can block telepathic attacks. I think Xaviers telepathy is stronger than any occlumency shown in the movies or books for that matter, but we can't know for sure.

Rogue Jedi

Mindset
That would in no way prevent them from getting their minds shut down, all that does is possibly stop Xavier from reading their minds.

Rogue Jedi
No, it shields ones mind from outside influence.

Rogue Jedi
Edit: Legilimency and Occlumency are not part of the normal curriculum at Hogwarts, and most students would graduate without learning them. They seem to be considered a more advanced form of magic.

Mindset
No, it shields it from certain outside influences, not all.

It even tells use which things it protects it from.

The wizards get their minds shut down.

You seriously can not even compare their "telepathy" to Xaviers, not even close in scope and power.

Dr Will Hatch
Xavier works on a psychic plane and can take on an astral form. He has home field advantage.

Rogue Jedi
No, it shields it from certain outside influences, not all.

It even tells use which things it protects it from.

The wizards get their minds shut down.

You seriously can not even compare their "telepathy" to Xaviers, not even close in scope and power. Then why did Dumbledore make Harry learn it to prevent Voldemort from ENTERING his mind, not reading it?

Mindset
Then why did Dumbledore make Harry learn it to prevent Voldemort from ENTERING his mind, not reading it? I've noticed you have a problem with reading posts then retorting with an appropriate response.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

That is one of the things listed in your description, which I never disagreed with, what that has to do with shutting someone's mind off, I don't know.

Btw, to read someone's mind, you do enter it.

Rogue Jedi
I've noticed you have a problem with reading posts then retorting with an appropriate response.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

That is one of the things listed in your description, which I never disagreed with, what that has to do with shutting someone's mind off, I don't know.

Btw, to read someone's mind, you do enter it.

Xavier has to enter one's mind in order to shut it down. Occlumency prevents someone from entering a wizards mind. Simple. It's all in OOTP, check it out. Soooooooooooooo.......When a wizard employs Occlumency, no one, not even the great Charles Xavier, can enter their mind. Not for telepathy, not for shutting it down. Basically, when a wizard employs Occlumency, Xavier's mind powers are nullified.

KingD19
Occlumency has clear limits, it keeps them from reading your thoughts and memories, there's nothing that says it stops a powerful telepath from shutting down the basic functions of your brain.

Mindset
The counter-skill to Legilimency is Occlumency (and its user, known as an Occlumens), by which one can compartmentalise one's emotions, or prevent a Legilimens from discovering thoughts or memories which contradict one's spoken words or actions.
Xavier has to enter one's mind in order to shut it down. Occlumency prevents someone from entering a wizards mind. Simple. It's all in OOTP, check it out. Soooooooooooooo.......When a wizard employs Occlumency, no one, not even the great Charles Xavier, can enter their mind. Not for telepathy, not for shutting it down. Basically, when a wizard employs Occlumency, Xavier's mind powers are nullified.

Go right ahead and keep making up powers for people, you seem good at it.

Placidity
Storm summons large thunder storms and cyclones from way up in the skies and kills everyone.

Dark Phoenix uses instant disintegration and kills everyone.

Xavier uses mind rape and kills everyone.

People like Nightcrawler, Deadpool, Callisto and Quicksilver could go around kicking ass and they're too quick to be targeted for a spell.

If only Juggernaut was powered by the gem of Cyttorack, he would solo this too.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KingD19
Occlumency has clear limits, it keeps them from reading your thoughts and memories, there's nothing that says it stops a powerful telepath from shutting down the basic functions of your brain. Voldemort was a powerful telepath, so Dumbledore chose to teach Harry Occlumency to keep Voldemort from entering his mind.

Remember the final scene, when Voldy enters and takes over Harry's mind? Well, Harry was a novice at Occlumency until that point. He then expelled Voldy from his mind.

Watch scene 17 , entitled "Occlumency." When Snape takes Harry away from Dumbledore's office for Occlumency lessons, here is what is said, word for word.

Snape "It appears there's a connection between the Dark Lord's mind and your own. Whether he is, as yet, aware of this connection is, for the moment, unclear. Pray he remains ignorant."

Harry "You mean, if he knows about it, then he'll be able t read my mind?"

Snape "read it, control it, unhinge it. In the past, it was often the Dark Lord's pleasure to invade the minds of his victims, creating visions designed to torture them into madness. Only after extracting the last exquisite ounce of agony, only when he had them literally begging for death, would he finally kill them.....Used properly, the power of Occlumency will help shield you from access or influence. In these lessons, I will attempt to penetrate your mind. You will attempt to resist."

Used properly, the power of Occlumency will help shield you from access or influence.

There it is, Occlumency shields a wizards mind from outside influence.

KingD19
You should really stop interpreting things how you want, and think about it. He meant having his mind influenced, not an outside influence. And reading someones mind is different from mentally shutting down brain functions.

Rogue Jedi
You should really stop interpreting things how you want, and think about it. He meant having his mind influenced, not an outside influence. And reading someones mind is different from mentally shutting down brain functions. Dude, Xavier must enter their mind to shut it down, therefore he is an outside influence, quite literally. If he cannot enter their mind, how can he shut it down?

Having ones mind shut down is having ones mind influenced, to the extreme.

Impediment
Originally posted by Placidity
Storm summons large thunder storms and cyclones from way up in the skies and kills everyone.

Dark Phoenix uses instant disintegration and kills everyone.

Xavier uses mind rape and kills everyone.

People like Nightcrawler, Deadpool, Callisto and Quicksilver could go around kicking ass and they're too quick to be targeted for a spell.

If only Juggernaut was powered by the gem of Cyttorack, he would solo this too.

Yep. Pretty much so.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
Yep. Pretty much so. Hardly that simple. Avada Kedavra would do in DP.

Xavier's mind control will only work on the adolescents, it wont work on guys like Dumbledore, Snape, Voldemort and Potter, and surely numerous others.

Juggernaut? Again, Avada Kedavra.

As for the others, well, that's a toughie. I think the sheer number of wizards and death eaters will be enough to compensate. Not to mention the fact that wizards can apparate, it's just like teleporting.

There are so many spells a wizard can use, man. Petrificus totalus, Stupefy, Impedimenta, Avada Kedavra, Wingardium Leviosa, Bombarda Maxima, Incarcerous, Expelliarmus, Levicorpus, Crusiatus, etc;

Not to mention that wizards can fly around well out of the reach of most of the mutants, casting spells left and right.

Oh yeah, the death eaters and the members of the Order of the Phoenix, they can like fly on their own, and pretty much have the power to disappear and reappear in a different location whenever they choose. Thats pretty much the same as teleporting.

Everything I have posted here is in The Order of the Phoenix, scene for scene, word for word.

Impediment
Xavier's mind control will only work on the adolescents, it wont work on guys like Dumbledore, Snape, Voldemort and Potter, and surely numerous others.

Since I'm not the biggest Harry Potter fan in the world, you have to explain this to me.

Placidity

Assuming thats true...

Xavier kills everyone except those few at the start. Then they are severely outnumbered. They have no chance of surviving against the overwhelming numbers of mutants.

Edit: Actually, its even better. Xavier doesn't kill them, he turns everyone (except the few) against the wizards.

Rogue Jedi

Rogue Jedi
Assuming thats true...

Xavier kills everyone except those few at the start. Then they are severely outnumbered. They have no chance of surviving against the overwhelming numbers of mutants. It is true. And the Death Eaters, OOTP members, as well as any elder wizard worth their salt, will be able to resist this. They number far more than a few.

Most wizards can apparate, all can fly on broomsticks, the more experienced on their own. Only a few mutants can take flight, and it really isnt flight, its levitation.

And I was just watching OOTP, when Voldy invades Harry's mind. Harry expels him, and then Voldemort is standing over Harry, telling him "you will lose." Everything except for Harry and Voldemort are frozen in time, Dumbledore included. If Voldemort can employ this against the mutants, what can they do?

We need to figure out how many mutants there are, roughly. How many would you say?

Rogue Jedi

KingD19
What's to stop DP from telekinetically hodling every single wizard in place, or telekinitically pinching nerves and blood vessels?

And Leglimency/Occlumency works different from TP. Remember Xavier froze an entire shopping mall with no effort. The wizards powers aren't instant, and they have to focus. Also, what's to sto Pyro from frying every wand in sight?

Placidity

We need to figure out how many mutants there are, roughly. How many would you say?

I'm not OP. But I would think about 200-300, that includes

X-men
X-kids
Origins Team
Magneto's Brotherhood in X3

Placidity
What's to stop DP from telekinetically hodling every single wizard in place, or telekinitically pinching nerves and blood vessels?

And Leglimency/Occlumency works different from TP. Remember Xavier froze an entire shopping mall with no effort. The wizards powers aren't instant, and they have to focus. Also, what's to sto Pyro from frying every wand in sight?

Well RJ is going to say that avacadava or whatever its called thing. The problem is by the time Voldy casts that on one person, many others would be onto him already.

KingD19
I forgot all about Deadpool, that teleporting, optic beam blasting, rapid healing mofo.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Avacado curse.

Rogue Jedi
I'm not OP. But I would think about 200-300, that includes

X-men
X-kids
Origins Team
Magneto's Brotherhood in X3 Wow, thats like the exact figure I was thinking haermm

Next question. Is this limited only to Hogwarts wizards and Death eaters? Or can, say, Mr. Weasley compete also? "All wizards", does that mean every wizard/witch in the movies? Dead and alive? Hogwarts, death eaters, Diagons alley?

Rogue Jedi
Well RJ is going to say that avacadava or whatever its called thing. The problem is by the time Voldy casts that on one person, many others would be onto him already. Yeah, but it isnt just Voldy casting it. There are hundreds of wizards, man. And no doubt Avada Kedavra will work on all mutants, even deadpool.

KingD19
He said everyone at Hogwarts, including Death Eaters. So you've got the Hogwarts students, the Hogwarts faculty, and the Death Eaters, that's all they get.

Now on the other hand, you've got the X-Men, which is every student who has ever been at the mansion, including QuickSilver, and Emma. And the entire Brotherhood.

And there is doubt it will work on Deadpool, Logan, and Sabertooth. Since ya know, they do have huuuuge healing factors, maybe that will keep it from killing them.

Rogue Jedi

And Leglimency/Occlumency works different from TP. Remember Xavier froze an entire shopping mall with no effort. The wizards powers aren't instant, and they have to focus. Also, what's to sto Pyro from frying every wand in sight? Whats to keep a wizard from death spelling her ass? Whats to keep a wizard from using petrificus totallus on her, then administering the death spell? Of course there are many if's and's but's and maybe's.

A practiced wizard can employ Occlumency with minimal effort. Same with Leglimency.

Rogue Jedi
He said everyone at Hogwarts, including Death Eaters. So you've got the Hogwarts students, the Hogwarts faculty, and the Death Eaters, that's all they get.

Now on the other hand, you've got the X-Men, which is every student who has ever been at the mansion, including QuickSilver, and Emma. And the entire Brotherhood.

And there is doubt it will work on Deadpool, Logan, and Sabertooth. Since ya know, they do have huuuuge healing factors, maybe that will keep it from killing them. Well, that being said, "Everyone at Hogwarts" would be every student/teacher who has ever been at Hogwarts, correct?

Rogue Jedi
Movie X Men vs everyone at Hogwarts. This includes villains such as the Brotherhood and the Death Eaters.

"Movie X Men"....Mutants who are shown being X Men in the movie, there it is. If they aren't shown being an X Men team member on screen, then they dont count.

Heres a genuine question, not trying to start shit, just curious....Can a student at the mutant school be considered a X Men team member?

Placidity
Whats to keep a wizard from death spelling her ass? Whats to keep a wizard from using petrificus totallus on her, then administering the death spell? Of course there are many if's and's but's and maybe's.

A practiced wizard can employ Occlumency with minimal effort. Same with Leglimency.

Because she can destroy everyone quicker than they can utter words and point their magic stick.

KingD19
Well we can use everyone who was at Hogwarts, and seen in the movies. And regardless, there aren't that many faculty, it's mainly students at HW, and the Death Eaters. While you've got the X-Men team(students don't really count since none of them were shown doing anything), and the ENTIRE BROTHERHOOD(which is 100+ mutants) Arclight by herself could do some serious damage.

And yeah, DP did make a disintigration wave with a gesture, that traveled across the island fairly quickly and killed everyone.

Nephthys
Kitty solos.
Pheonix solos
Xavier solos
Quicksilver solos
Iceman might solo
Wolverine outlives them all for the solo
X-men spite

Placidity
Originally posted by Nephthys
Kitty solos.

Hahaha good one.

retturnnerr
Aside from mind-controlling, the wizards could have a chance of ownage.

retturnnerr
Hmmm, Voldemort teams up with Dumbledore just to beat up the X-Men?laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by retturnnerr
Hmmm, Voldemort teams up with Dumbledore just to beat up the X-Men?laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud And Charles and Erik as well.

OOTP shows Voldemort casting a spell that conjures up a fiery dragon. I know that book feats don't count, but the last book states that the firey dragon is something called "fiendfyre" and is indestructable against anything except super powerful magic. Does this count towards anything?

retturnnerr
Well, it could destroy the X-Men, unless the X-men had super powerful magic too...

Placidity
What can the Dragon do? Pyro can control fire.. hehe

Dr Will Hatch
It can consume anything that isn't counterable by magic. And it isn't normal fire, it's similar to Ghost Riders flames.

KingD19
Well, by book feats, Colossus and Juggernaut tank the damn thing, or Iceman snuffs it out. And by book feats, Colossus is highly immune to magic, and Magneto can give every single magician an aneurysm, etc... ^_^

Dr Will Hatch
Well, by book feats, Colossus and Juggernaut tank the damn thing, or Iceman snuffs it out. And by book feats, Colossus is highly immune to magic, and Magneto can give every single magician an aneurysm, etc... ^_^ Well I'm not talking about book feats, this was done in the OOTP film but they didn't explain the extent of the dragons power. I don't think Iceman could get rid of it, only another wizard or someone who kills Voldy while he's performing the conjuring.

Rogue Jedi
Because she can destroy everyone quicker than they can utter words and point their magic stick. Bullshit haermm

Rogue Jedi
Well we can use everyone who was at Hogwarts, and seen in the movies. And regardless, there aren't that many faculty, it's mainly students at HW, and the Death Eaters. While you've got the X-Men team(students don't really count since none of them were shown doing anything), and the ENTIRE BROTHERHOOD(which is 100+ mutants) Arclight by herself could do some serious damage.

And yeah, DP did make a disintigration wave with a gesture, that traveled across the island fairly quickly and killed everyone.

So only people we SEE being X Men, and people we SEE at Hogwarts. OK. In addition to the others.

jinXed by JaNx
Wtf is occlumency?

laughing out loud laughing

jinXed by JaNx
I have a reliable source that says Avada Kedavra cannot penetrate metal.

Dr Will Hatch
^But would the X Men know that?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I have a reliable source that says Avada Kedavra cannot penetrate metal. Well, is this reliable source a scene in the movie? Nope. Nice try though.

KingD19
Well, considering they took practically everything from the book, if it can't get through metal, it can't get through metal, which means Colossus tears ass apart.

Rogue Jedi
Avada Kerdava penetrates any living thing. There is not one scene that shows that it can be blocked by anything except for magic. Jeez, man.

Dr Will Hatch
Avada Kedavra couldn't get through a tombstone in the books.

Robtard
Yet another Movie versus thread has degenerated into making up claims for the characters we like better as to have them win.

So I say the mutants win this easy, Styker's gimpy son uses his powers to mind-travel back in time and mindrapes every sorcerer's mother, thereby erasing the unborn wizards from ever coming into existence.

Now prove that Styker's son can't do it, go on.

Robtard
Well, is this reliable source a scene in the movie? Nope. Nice try though.

Hahaha, remember when I asked you to prove Lestat's super-strength level with a movie feat and you said you didn't have to "just cuz he's a vamp"?

Rogue Jedi
Avada Kedavra couldn't get through a tombstone in the books. Movies only, dude.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Hahaha, remember when I asked you to prove Lestat's super-strength level with a movie feat and you said you didn't have to "just cuz he's a vamp"? Hello, Baiter. Hows the family?

Robtard
Movies only, dude.

Or google and wiki, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avada_Kedavra#Avada_Kedavra_.28Killing_Curse.29

"although the caster can be interrupted, the victim can dodge the green jet, hide behind solid objects (which burst into flame when hit by it), or, if the casting wizard is not sufficiently competent"

Robtard
Hello, Baiter. Hows the family?

Must be nice when others have to abide by the rules but you feel free to bend/break them whenever you really like a character to win, eh?

Rogue Jedi
Yet another Movie versus thread has degenerated into making up claims for the characters we like better as to have them win.

So I say the mutants win this easy, Styker's gimpy son uses his powers to mind-travel back in time and mindrapes every sorcerer's mother, thereby erasing the unborn wizards from ever coming into existence.

Now prove that Styker's son can't do it, go on.

What is being made up? Please share.

Mutants win easily? Strykers son was never in the brotherhood, nor was he shown being in the X Men. I believe he was a student, but a student is not in the X Men. Satisfied?

Robtard
What is being made up? Please share.

Mutants win easily? Strykers son was never in the brotherhood, nor was he shown being in the X Men. I believe he was a student, but a student is not in the X Men. Satisfied?

Na, when he mind-travels back in time, he makes it so he joins both the brotherhood and the Xmen.

So now that your avada kedavera (or whatever) isn't all powerful and can be blocked or even resisted, Xavier, Jean and Nightcrawler can solo, among several others.

KingD19
Now that is grade A rule bending Rob, that's the proper way to do it.

Dr Will Hatch
Why is everyone forgetting that Magneto could just rip the iron out of everyones blood?

Rogue Jedi
Na, when he mind-travels back in time, be makes it so he joins both the brotherhood and the Xmen.

So now that your avada kedavera (or whatever) isn't all powerful and can be blocked or even resisted, Xavier, Jean and Nightcrawler can solo, among several others. Desperation is a stinky cologne.

Avada Kedavra can be blocked only with magic. X Men do not have magic. Avada Kedavra kills ALL X Men. fact.

Now that I think on it, not only can Strykers son not be used here, but neither can Deadpool, Gambit or Sabretooth. They were never X Men, nor were they in the brotherhood.......Ahhhhhhh sweet logic.

KingD19
The only reason he could do that was because Mystique gave that guard Iron Tablets. And I wonder what would happen if Avada Kedavra hits Logan's claws, he can probably bounce it back like he did the optic beam.

So you're saying that Avada Kedavra can't be blocked by everyday objects?

Robtard
Why is everyone forgetting that Magneto could just rip the iron out of everyones blood? .
Being fair, he can't, he could only do that when someone has as excessive amount in their blood.

Going to say that since Harry, Dumbledore and Voldermort a tube-steak eaters, they have an excess of iron.

Anyhow, Magneto could solo this too, sans 'blood iron ripping', he rapes them all with their zippers, buttons and pins.

Rogue Jedi
The only reason he could do that was because Mystique gave that guard Iron Tablets. And I wonder what would happen if Avada Kedavra hits Logan's claws, he can probably bounce it back like he did the optic beam.

So you're saying that Avada Kedavra can't be blocked by everyday objects? Thats exactly what I am saying.

Robtard

Avada Kedavra can be blocked only with magic. X Men do not have magic. Avada Kedavra kills ALL X Men. fact.

Repeat:
Or google and wiki, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avada_Kedavra#Avada_Kedavra_.28Killing_Curse.29

"although the caster can be interrupted, the victim can dodge the green jet, hide behind solid objects (which burst into flame when hit by it), or, if the casting wizard is not sufficiently competent"

Xavier, Phoenix, Magneto or Nightcrawler could solo, as could that super-fast chick in X3. /end thread

Rogue Jedi
Repeat:

Xavier, Phoenix, Magneto or Nightcrawler could solo, as could that super-fast chick in X3. /end thread

Xavier is powerless here, Occlumency negates his mind rape powers.

Phoenix will go down with one death spell, hiding behind a wall or not. Whatever they hide behind, Bombarda maxima will blow it to shit.

Magneto? Same, death spell, his old ass is dead.

NC? Well, he'd do some damage, but wizards have their own form of teleporting, its called APPARITION. Oh yeah, did I mention that the death eaters can ****ing FLY?

Robtard
Xavier is powerless here, Occlumency negates his mind rape powers.

Phoenix will go down with one death spell, hiding behind a wall or not. Whatever they hide behind, Bombarda maxima will blow it to shit.

Magneto? Same, death spell, his old ass is dead.

NC? Well, he'd do some damage, but wizards have their own form of teleporting, its called APPARITION. Oh yeah, did I mention that the death eaters can ****ing FLY?

Cxclops going full out can blast scores of the wizards.

Phoenix can disintegrate them all with a thought, see X3.

Xavier can mind-rape them, "occlumency" isn't shown being able to counter someone of Xavier's level, freezing an entire mall of people and re-working all their memories in a matter of moments.

Magneto can use the metal bits on their bodies to kill them faster than any wizard can cast a spell.

Storm can fly, shoots lighting and can make massive storms.

Nightcrawler won't be seen, let alone hit when he's going at full attack mode, see X2.

That super-fast chic won't get tagged by a spell.

Anyhow, Phoenix disintegrates them all within a second. Yes, she has done this on screen, not that I except you to actually prove any of your claims with movie feats. /end thread Yes

KingD19
Well said.

Although in RJ's defense, he'll probably try and pull something out of his ass and not answer questions.

Rogue Jedi
Cxclops going full out can blast scores of the wizards. And? One death spell and he is done.

Again, death spell, sorry Phoenix, didnt mean to kill your ass.

Dude, Harry being able to expel Voldemort from his mind is all the proof that is required. Voldy is like uber powerful, and Harry, a student, resisted him in the end. Imagine what Snape or Dumbles, or even Voldy can do.

Also, with Lgeilimancy, Voldemort, Snape and Dumbles can essentially turn all mutants on one another.

And Magneto will be able to do this to all wizards in one fell swoop? He will be among the first to fall, man.

Mhm. And a wizard airborne will take her out with one spell. She cant block a death spell.

I'm sorry, but did you totally miss OOTP? Did you not see that death eaters and OOTP members can apparate, which is the same as teleporting? Oh yeah, they can fly!!! NC cannot fly.

Maybe nit, but Voldemort will enter her mind and make her come over and give him mutant head.

A death spell takes less than a second to cast. Bellatrix did it. Youtube it, see for yourself.

omgchos
It'll be like watching a wave of green light and then mutants falling to the ground.

Robtard
RJ,

You're making shit up now(again). Phoenix can destroy with a thought, at the speed of a thought and can do so with multiple targets, this is backed up by movie feats.

The spells require time to cast, might only be a couple of seconds, but it will be over before they even open their mouths or rasie their little wands. AV can also be dodged, blocked or the caster can be intrerupted, it isn't an end-all power, like what Phoenix has.

Prove your claim with a movie feat. I can prove mine with that very well known scene in that shit movie X3, she turned everyone she wanted to into ash, instantly. Go on.

(BTW, Crawler can teleport up as well, it's like flying. Doesn't matter, Phoenix is only needed here.)

omgchos
You're making shit up now. Phoenix can destroy with a thought, at the speed of a thought and can do so with multiple targets, this is backed up by movie feats.

The spells require time to cast, might only be a couple of seconds, but it will be over before the even open their mouths. actually spells can be cast with a thought as well. When harry/sirius/lucious were duleing they were throwing spells without a word. they would obviously concentrate their fire on jean, and i guarentee a spell would make contact.

KingD19
Yes, but like Robtard said, Phoenix thought about it, and people died. Arclight could keep everyone off balance while the others take the wizards down.

omgchos
Not all of them desintigrated. Some just flew around. They can still cast spells in midair.

KingD19
When she sent out that wave, everybody hit by it died. And like I said, Arclight can knock everyone on their ass. Can't cast a spell if you dropped your wand. And I forgot about Iceman and Pyro.

Robtard
Originally posted by omgchos
actually spells can be cast with a thought as well. When harry/sirius/lucious were duleing they were throwing spells without a word. they would obviously concentrate their fire on jean, and i guarentee a spell would make contact.

Has AV been cast without the words or waving of the wand? Has it killed at the speed of a thought as Phoenix's power has?

Doesn't really matter, they'd be ash at the speed of a thought, even if one of more managed to get a green-blast off, they'd all be ash before it hit Jean.

It's funny how you and RJ assume all the wizards will just have carte blanche and the time to leisurely attack Phoenix, she has a team with her, they can jump in, not that they'd need to.

omgchos
Watch the movie some of them didn't desintigrate. Arclight is garbage. If storm can beat her then a wizard certainly can. Voldemort and Dubledore have such a huge repertoire of defensive and offensive spells that phoenix is gonna get wand raped/

KingD19
Storm didn't beat Arclight, Arclight got killed in the disintigration wave, Storm beat Callisto.

Robtard
I'm done King, good luck sticking to the rules while the fanboys rant about anything they want. This just isn't fun when fools blatantly ignore the rules and just make up shit because they happen to be a fan of some character/franchise.

I'd find that scene of Phoenix playing god, but I'm done here.

KingD19
I'm right behind you man, if Lestat is apparently so many leagues above Logan in strength, then there's no point continuing this.

omgchos
I'm done King, good luck sticking to the rules while the fanboys rant about anything they want. This just isn't fun when fools blatantly ignore the rules and just make up shit because they happen to be a fan of some character/franchise.

I'd find that scene of Phoenix playing god, but I'm done here.
How is it up there on your pedestal. Im a bigger fan of x-men than i ever was of harry potter. But magic beats mutant every time.

Rogue Jedi
RJ,

You're making shit up now(again). Phoenix can destroy with a thought, at the speed of a thought and can do so with multiple targets, this is backed up by movie feats.

The spells require time to cast, might only be a couple of seconds, but it will be over before they even open their mouths or rasie their little wands. AV can also be dodged, blocked or the caster can be intrerupted, it isn't an end-all power, like what Phoenix has.

Prove your claim with a movie feat. I can prove mine with that very well known scene in that shit movie X3, she turned everyone she wanted to into ash, instantly. Go on.

(BTW, Crawler can teleport up as well, it's like flying. Doesn't matter, Phoenix is only needed here.)

Making shit up? I am using material from the movie, which you have obviously never seen.

From what I see in X 3, DP's attacks are not instantaneous. There is always a second or two before her victim is destroyed. When those three mutants (arclight and the asian guy and the other one) emerged from the building at the end, they made it like four or five steps before they were destroyed.

Cast the imperius curse on her, turn her on her comrades. You DO know what the imperius curse is, right? And Cruciatus? Sectumsempra?

There are far too many spells a wizard can use, face it. DP might take a few wizards out, but eventually a death eater will hit her with a death spell or the Imperius curse.

Rogue Jedi
Has AV been cast without the words or waving of the wand? Has it killed at the speed of a thought as Phoenix's power has?

Doesn't really matter, they'd be ash at the speed of a thought, even if one of more managed to get a green-blast off, they'd all be ash before it hit Jean.

It's funny how you and RJ assume all the wizards will just have carte blanche and the time to leisurely attack Phoenix, she has a team with her, they can jump in, not that they'd need to. Dude, no way does she kill ALL of them instantly. One will catch her with a death spell or the imperius curse, the it's a cakewalk for the wizards.

Rogue Jedi
How is it up there on your pedestal. Im a bigger fan of x-men than i ever was of harry potter. But magic beats mutant every time. Dont worry chos, they know the mutants are way outclassed here. They want the mutants to win "just cuz."

Robtard
How is it up there on your pedestal.Im a bigger fan of x-men than i ever was of harry potter. But magic beats mutant every time.

It's pretty nice.

Yeah, right.

That is yet another fact in your (and RJ's) list of facts, I even Googled it and Google did say "magic beats mutant every time." Good job!

Robtard
Dont worry chos, they know the mutants are way outclassed here. They want the mutants to win "just cuz."

Pretty smug for the guy who bends/breaks the rules whenever he see's fit.

Wei Phoenix
Dark Phoenix erases them all.

Dr Will Hatch
Making shit up? I am using material from the movie, which you have obviously never seen.

From what I see in X 3, DP's attacks are not instantaneous. There is always a second or two before her victim is destroyed. When those three mutants (arclight and the asian guy and the other one) emerged from the building at the end, they made it like four or five steps before they were destroyed.

Cast the imperius curse on her, turn her on her comrades. You DO know what the imperius curse is, right? And Cruciatus? Sectumsempra ?

There are far too many spells a wizard can use, face it. DP might take a few wizards out, but eventually a death eater will hit her with a death spell or the Imperius curse. *Cough* Sectumsempra doesn't appear until the next movie.

KingD19
No Wei, you know that obvious movie feats don't count.

Wei Phoenix
No Wei, you know that obvious movie feats don't count.

Crap I thought I could get away with that one.

KingD19
You were close buddy, but I caught ya.

omgchos
It's pretty nice.

Yeah, right.

That is yet another fact in your (and RJ's) list of facts, I even Googled it and Google did say "magic beats mutant every time." Good job!
What are you on about? Googled what? Ur making phoenix out to be a god-like creature. She is in the comics but in the movie shes just an extremely powerful mutant. Im merely stating that a wizard can block what phoenix has to throw at them. Im not some HP fanboy that wont allow them to loose. It's just that mutants don't stand much of a chance against magic. Dumbledore stopped some kind of death blast from Voldy simply by lifting his arm. He can block that desintigration wave easy.

omgchos
Pretty smug for the guy who bends/breaks the rules whenever he see's fit.
What rules do you keep talking about exactly?

Robtard
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Crap I thought I could get away with that one.

You have to follow the known fact of "magic beats mutant every time" and then state your case while adhering to that fact. Go.

Wei Phoenix
What are you on about? Googled what? Ur making phoenix out to be a god-like creature. She is in the comics but in the movie shes just an extremely powerful mutant. Im merely stating that a wizard can block what phoenix has to throw at them. Im not some HP fanboy that wont allow them to loose. It's just that mutants don't stand much of a chance against magic. Dumbledore stopped some kind of death blast from Voldy simply by lifting his arm. He can block that desintigration wave easy.

It wasn't really a wave as much as it was Jean telepathically thinking them away. They better have superglue on those wands because whats stopping Jean from taking them away before they even reach for them?

Robtard
What rules do you keep talking about exactly?

There's a sticky thread, it has the rules in them, those.

Robtard
It wasn't really a wave as much as it was Jean telepathically thinking them away. They better have superglue on those wands because whats stopping Jean from taking them away before they even reach for them?

Anti-mutant magical superglue, they have that.

Rogue Jedi
Pretty smug for the guy who bends/breaks the rules whenever he see's fit. If I do these things, why havent I been reprimanded?

Rogue Jedi
Dark Phoenix erases them all. No. She is placed under the Imperius curse and destroys all mutants, or is hit with a death spell.

omgchos
There's a sticky thread, it has the rules in them, those.
Thats not an answer. I asked what rules do you think have been broken. Please enlighten us oh mighty one.

Wei Phoenix
Magneto brings the schools down and crushes it into a compact cube.

Multiple Man punches everyone in the face at the same time.

Xavier uses Cerebro to find all of the Wizards and Witches.

Rogue Jedi
Thats not an answer. I asked what rules do you think have been broken. Please enlighten us oh mighty one. He wont. Thats what he does when he is getting his ass handed to him.

omgchos
She doesn't think people away. She is a loose cannon who can;t control her powers. She just was letting off steam in the movie. She has no strategy. Shell just unload and wizards will apperate to a safe distance and pwn her with spells.

KingD19
A safe distance? The wave went over the whole island.

Robtard
If I do these things, why havent I been reprimanded?

It's a combination of people who debate against when you do these things not reporting you and the Mod here happens to be a very good friend of yours outside the forum.

One EG of this, I didn't report your silly antics in the Lestat-Wolverine thread and the Mod probably didn't peek in.

Rogue Jedi
She doesn't think people away. She is a loose cannon who can;t control her powers. She just was letting off steam in the movie. She has no strategy. Shell just unload and wizards will apperate to a safe distance and pwn her with spells. Dooooooooooooooh sweet logic!!! Cuz Wizards arent dumbasses like the Chinois haermm

omgchos
It's a combination of people who debate against when you do these things not reporting you and the Mod here happens to be a very good friend of yours outside the forum.

One EG of this, I didn't report your silly antics in the Lestat-Wolverine thread and the Mod probably didn't peek in.
Cuz when people disagree with you its breaking the rules right?

Wei Phoenix
No. She is placed under the Imperius curse and destroys all mutants, or is hit with a death spell.

Where is it stated that they get knowledge on their opponents? THey won't know the full extent of Jean's abilities and they'll lose.

She doesn't think people away. She is a loose cannon who can;t control her powers. She just was letting off steam in the movie. She has no strategy. Shell just unload and wizards will apperate to a safe distance and pwn her with spells.

She has enough control to specify who she wants dead as seen in the house scene. She looked at Xavier and killed him. Magneto and Wolverine were well in range of getting ****ed up too and they managed to not get harmed at all.

The wizards can outrun disintegration now? The rest of the mutants will trap them in and cut off their retreat.

Rogue Jedi

One EG of this, I didn't report your silly antics in the Lestat-Wolverine thread and the Mod probably didn't peek in. Imp aint my "very good friend", you are reading way too much into that. I talk to you far more than I have ever talked to him.

What silly antics? Saying that vampires all have super strength?

Robtard
Thats not an answer. I asked what rules do you think have been broken. Please enlighten us oh mighty one.

For one, the 'scene on screen' one, when has AV been used to kill mass people? Since when do all the wizards know it? Since when can it not be blocked, dodged or interupted? etc. etc. etc.

Wei Phoenix
A safe distance? The wave went over the whole island.

This too. If they moved any farther than the length of what that island was then it would be a self bfr.

Robtard
Cuz when people disagree with you its breaking the rules right?

Hahahaha, nice try. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules, simple as that.

omgchos
Where is it stated that they get knowledge on their opponents? THey won't know the full extent of Jean's abilities and they'll lose.

She has enough control to specify who she wants dead as seen in the house scene. She looked at Xavier and killed him. Magneto and Wolverine were well in range of getting ****ed up too and they managed to not get harmed at all.

The wizards can outrun disintegration now? The rest of the mutants will trap them in and cut off their retreat.
Yeah cuz there is a mutant with special trap teleporting wizard powers. She only killed charles because she couldn't control yourself. She went crazy cuz magneto said charles was trying to hurt her. When she heard that, she pwned her long time friend and teacher. Sounds perfectly in control to me{insert sarcasm here}

omgchos
Hahahaha, nice try. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules, simple as that.
Thats y i asked what rules. U seem deadset on not letting us know what rules you mean exactly. Im not gonna sit here an look back at every post RJ has made then look at the rules until i make a connection. Y dont you go find the rule and post it here in the form of a quote. Its that easy and you'll be proven right.

Robtard
Imp aint my "very good friend", you are reading way too much into that. I talk to you far more than I have ever talked to him.

What silly antics? Saying that vampires all have super strength?

Using that thread as an example.

Asking you to prove that Lestat could over-power Wolverine's super-strength level with his own. Which didn't do, just stuck to 'he's a vampire so he's stronger.' Feel free to go back and post a movie feat from IWTV when you're able.

Robtard
Thats y i asked what rules. U seem deadset on not letting us know what rules you mean exactly. Im not gonna sit here an look back at every post RJ has made then look at the rules until i make a connection. Y dont you go find the rule and post it here in the form of a quote. Its that easy and you'll be proven right.

I answered your query, instead of continually crying about it, why not go read my post.

If you want an example pretaining to RJ outside of this thread, go to the Lestat-Wolverine thread.

omgchos
No u have not.

Wei Phoenix
Yeah cuz there is a mutant with special trap teleporting wizard powers. She only killed charles because she couldn't control yourself. She went crazy cuz magneto said charles was trying to hurt her. When she heard that, she pwned her long time friend and teacher. Sounds perfectly in control to me{insert sarcasm here}

Yeah Multiple Man blocks off all doors with an army of bodies. Thats one way of keeping them from fleeing, there is a bunch of mutants to hold them back.

You're trying to describe her mental instability. Despite that she still has enough control to focus on whoever she wants. She thinks them away, if it was an actual wave then Magneto would've died too.

omgchos
What rule is there against having an opinion?

Robtard
No u have not.
it's the seventh post down.

omgchos
Yeah Multiple Man blocks off all doors with an army of bodies. Thats one way of keeping them from fleeing, there is a bunch of mutants to hold them back.

You're trying to describe her mental instability. Despite that she still has enough control to focus on whoever she wants. She thinks them away, if it was an actual wave then Magneto would've died too.
She was pissed at someone and it took him a few seconds to desintigrate. She got pissed and started killing everyone human and mutant alike. If she is so in control y was she killing her comrades. If anyone is in danger here its the mutants for being on the same side as the phoenix. And blocking doors does not stop teleportation. And what doors are you talking about. No actual location is specified in this thread?
Unless thats what he meant by EVERYONE AT HOGWARTS. But if thats true than this thread makes no sense. Cuz alotta different people were in hogwarts at different times. And some mutants mysteriously dissapeared from one movie to the next. Or got stronger/weakerl.

Robtard
What rule is there against having an opinion?

None, as this is all opinion based, but some people can back their opinion with movie-feats, while others don't.

Wei Phoenix
To answer your first question it is because she didn't care. She knew who she was killing. If its not an attack on the school then oh well. They can't teleport far or it will be a self bfr. They would all have to think about teleporting before she grabbed them and kept them in place. I still say an army of Multiple Man would suffice with a punch to the face.

Robtard
She was pissed at someone and it took him a few seconds to desintigrate. She got pissed and started killing everyone human and mutant alike. If she is so in control y was she killing her comrades. If anyone is in danger here its the mutants for being on the same side as the phoenix. And blocking doors does not stop teleportation. And what doors are you talking about. No actual location is specified in this thread?

FFS, now you're arguing that she won't be able to control herself and not be effective in a fight despite doing what she did in that Alcatraz scene?

That's digging deep for a win, congrats.

KingD19
Or how about Mystique masquerading as friends of people, getting close, and killing them?

Robtard
To answer your first question it is because she didn't care. She knew who she was killing. If its not an attack on the school then oh well. They can't teleport far or it will be a self bfr. They would all have to think about teleporting before she grabbed them and kept them in place. I still say an army of Multiple Man would suffice with a punch to the face.

I think I read a fact somewhere that stated 'a punch to the face beats magic every time', so you may be on to something here.

omgchos
She is not in control. You don;t start killing your friends and your comrades for no apparent reason if your in control. Multiple man is just a guy who can multiply. A blast of power like the one voldemort used to shatter all the glass in the ministry would be enough to knock that fool unconcious.

Dr Will Hatch
So what about that Fiendfyre?

omgchos
I think I read a fact somewhere that stated 'a punch to the face beats magic every time', so you may be on to something here.
I think you wrote it on a piece of paper and read it back to yourself saying. Yeah iv'e lost this argument let's start making jokes that aren;t funny.

Wei Phoenix
She is not in control. You don;t start killing your friends and your comrades for no apparent reason if your in control. Multiple man is just a guy who can multiply. A blast of power like the one voldemort used to shatter all the glass in the ministry would be enough to knock that fool unconcious.

What part of she killed her comrades because she didn't care do you not understand? She never cared about Magneto or anything, she was just there. She even threatened him with the cure in the woods. She even asked if Wolverine was willing to die for THEM, them meaning everyone she was killing humans and mutants alike. Like I said, the fact that she didn't kill Logan and Erik in the house shows she has control.

Glass is more durable than a mutant now or even a human?

Robtard
I think you wrote it on a piece of paper and read it back to yourself saying. Yeah iv'e lost this argument let's start making jokes that aren;t funny.

My bad, I forgot that the pro-Harry Potter argument is the only side who can make B.S. claims. ie "magic beats mutant every time."

Do stick to arbitarily gimping Dark Phoenix, I think you may convince someone, despite Wei spanking you.

omgchos
What part of she killed her comrades because she didn't care do you not understand? She never cared about Magneto or anything, she was just there. She even threatened him with the cure in the woods. She even asked if Wolverine was willing to die for THEM, them meaning everyone she was killing humans and mutants alike. Like I said, the fact that she didn't kill Logan and Erik in the house shows she has control.

Glass is more durable than a mutant now or even a human?
It didnt just break the glass it knocked harry and dumbledore on their asses. plenty of time to hit them with another spell when they fall over.

Rogue Jedi
Using that thread as an example.

Asking you to prove that Lestat could over-power Wolverine's super-strength level with his own. Which didn't do, just stuck to 'he's a vampire so he's stronger.' Feel free to go back and post a movie feat from IWTV when you're able. I'll get around to it wink

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>