Cyborg Superman vs Ultron (Annihilation: Conquest)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

D_Dude1210
Who can take over who's tech first?

Enyalus
sad Board's consensus is that Cyborg wins. I did this before.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Enyalus
sad Board's consensus is that Cyborg wins. I did this before.

Booo!

Enyalus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Booo!
I knows. sad I think since his Phalanx tech allows him to take over organic as well as machine life, he's got an edge over Henshaw's cyborg body.

But hey.

D_Dude1210
I knows. sad I think since his Phalanx tech allows him to take over organic as well as machine life, he's got an edge over Henshaw's cyborg body.

But hey.

That's what I was thinking, too. Also, the Ultron took over the Phalanx (who wielded the T.O. Virus) thru sheer willpower alone. A whole race of machines that do nothing but take over other machines (and organics) getting taken over themselves, absolutely pwning them in their own game.

I dunno, seems like that feat kicks ass. What's Henshaw's top feat?

WhiteWitchKing
That's what I was thinking, too. Also, the Ultron took over the Phalanx (who wielded the T.O. Virus) thru sheer willpower alone. A whole race of machines that do nothing but take over other machines (and organics) getting taken over themselves, absolutely pwning them in their own game.

Controlling a piece of the Source Wall. That feat alone has posters on this board cockstroking Cyborg.

Enyalus
It took him several months to manipulate a small portion of the Source Wall...

He's also taken over New God tech, although I don't think he can take over a Motherbox.

D_Dude1210

He's also taken over New God tech, although I don't think he can take over a Motherbox.

Did the source wall fight back? O_o

Enyalus
Pretty sure it has automatic defenses for that kind of stuff, but it isn't sentient.

WhiteWitchKing

That feat in Conquest is easily comparable to any of Cyborg's feat. He took over the entire race just by sheer will.

WhiteWitchKing

Yeah, I don't think it's sentient.

D_Dude1210
So his best feat is taking several months to take over passive, non sentient (tho very advanced) tech that had automatic defenses?

vlaaad12345
He had no problem near instantly taking over NG tech.

D_Dude1210
Tech is tech, thing is Ultron took over SENTIENT tech. NG is far more advanced, but it wasn't sentient (aka. didn't actively fight back).

Enyalus
I don't even think NG tech is far more advanced. Per Legacy, ALL Shi'ar tech is sentient, and the Phalanx has taken over a lot of their stuff. They also literally sealed off an entire galaxy (the Kree's) with uber shielding.

D_Dude1210
I don't even think NG tech is far more advanced. Per Legacy, ALL Shi'ar tech is sentient, and the Phalanx has taken over a lot of their stuff. They also literally sealed off an entire galaxy (the Kree's) with uber shielding.

Agreed. I meant that EVEN IF NG tech was far more advanced, Henshaw basically took over tech that doesn't have any sentience to allow them to resist tech takeover. Granted, they might have some passive defenses, but tech sophistication is trumped by willpower/sentience in terms of tech takeover resistance IMO.

Enyalus
In all fairness, Avlon is liable to come in and pwn me with a plethora of scans about Henshaw's tech feats. I know he's taken over Kryptonian tech easily, too. And Warworld. And Manhunter tech. Etc. He has lots of feats.

I happen to think Ultron can beat him per Conquest.

Survivor19
Way i see it, they are substantionally similar now, and have the same basic powerset. But Ultron edges Hank by willpower all the way.

It goes like this.

Henshaw: I so wanna die...
Ultron: I can kill you off for good
CS: O RLY?
U: YA RLY!
Thin Ultron wins.

TricksterPriest
Henshaw has no body. so Ultron taking over one body is irrelevant. And nothing in marvel is equal to new god technology. It is on a completely different level. He has seized control of Apokolips itself.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Henshaw has no body. so Ultron taking over one body is irrelevant. And nothing in marvel is equal to new god technology. It is on a completely different level. He has seized control of Apokolips itself.

So, what you're saying is that since he's conquered non-sentient New God tech, he's automatically better than any type of tech-conquering feat that any Marvel character can accomplish?

WhiteWitchKing

But Ultron does? WTF?

Yes, let's cockstroke NG tech and ignore the Phalanx and Tenarchy. Please don't act as if the Phalanx couldn't do the same to Apokolips when it's already done so galaxy wide empires.

darthgoober
Really Trick... ANYTHING in Marvel? Come on now lets not get silly...

TricksterPriest
Celestials are not up there, nor are any of the races. Merlyn has that crystal thing so that might be up there. Galactus too. But that is it. there is nothing else that compares to NG tech.

darthgoober
Celestials are not up there, nor are any of the races. Merlyn has that crystal thing so that might be up there. Galactus too. But that is it. there is nothing else that compares to NG tech.
I'm curious as to what makes you think so. What uber feats has New Gods tech pulled off that's beyond the tech of Doom or Reed? I know the Genesis Box restarted a universe, but I heard that's non-canon and an alternate reality Reed built a machine that took down LT and the rest of the abstracts simultaneously...

leonidas
Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm curious as to what makes you think so. What uber feats has New Gods tech pulled off that's beyond the tech of Doom or Reed? I know the Genesis Box restarted a universe, but I heard that's non-canon and an alternate reality Reed built a machine that took down LT and the rest of the abstracts simultaneously...

yeah, i agree. NG tech is solid, but it is NOT heads-and-shoulders above 'everything else'. and it's about time frickin time marvel had someone to match henshaw.

kgkg
It's hard to beat Reed's tech

TricksterPriest
I'm curious as to what makes you think so. What uber feats has New Gods tech pulled off that's beyond the tech of Doom or Reed? I know the Genesis Box restarted a universe, but I heard that's non-canon and an alternate reality Reed built a machine that took down LT and the rest of the abstracts simultaneously... what the? who said rock of ages is not canon? I spent 6 pages proving it was. the new gods are multiversal in nature and they have been shown to recoqnize alternate timelines. That was a central point of the story. Metron and DS both remembered the timeline as did Orion. The respect thread for metron has the evidence.

as for other feats, how about stopping the godwave? Or piercing the source wall? or hiding an entire dimension from the anti-monitor and the creation destroying blast?

or the mobius chair? or the motherbox itself? or the device Metron created to cure Highfather of the madness of the Source? Hell, the frigging boomtube itself?

AlmightyKfish
Meh, the ultimate nullifyer matches that tech at least.

Destorying/Re-creating the multiverse is pretty impressive as far as tech goes.

Then again, Galactus is somewhat of an anomoly as far as tech goes in the MU...

darthgoober
what the? who said rock of ages is not canon? I spent 6 pages proving it was. the new gods are multiversal in nature and they have been shown to recoqnize alternate timelines. That was a central point of the story. Metron and DS both remembered the timeline as did Orion. The respect thread for metron has the evidence.
When did you prove it was? I mean what thread was it in and I'll take a look? Personally I think it'd be funny as Hell for DS to have a loss to GA and the Atom...

as for other feats, how about stopping the godwave? Or piercing the source wall? or hiding an entire dimension from the anti-monitor and the creation destroying blast?
I thought Takion stopped the Godwave? And could you provide more details on "piercing the Source Wall"? As for the Antimonitor, doesn't the 5th dimension reside outside of the typical DC Universe? If it wasn't within the area effected by the universe being restarted it doesn't seem like much of a feat(like when Warlock and company were unaffected when Thanos absorbed all of creation).

or the mobius chair?
A chair that flies/teleports through time and space... you really think that's leaps and bounds above the stuff that exists in Marvel?

or the motherbox itself?
Motherboxes are impressive(no doubt), but what uber feats do they have that puts them ahead of Marvel's tech? I've heard several people put them on par with Thor's hammer, which means they're likely on par with things like the Quantum and Negabands.

or the device Metron created to cure Highfather of the madness of the Source?
A cure for insanity... well that's useful and all, but I'm still not seeing how it's so far beyond Marvel's tech. I mean unless your claiming that it's >Source, which seems more like a low showing for the Source than anything.

Hell, the frigging boomtube itself?
How is it more impressive than the tech that allows someone to enter and exit the Microverse?

Enyalus
I thought Takion stopped the Godwave?
I don't know what Trick is talking about. The Godwave rebounded back from beyond the edges of nothingness and collapsed like a singularity-type thingy into the Source itself, where it was amplifying, etc. Darkseid built a machine to tap into that power but never used it because ta da, Ares got inside the Source first and gained control of the Godwave himself.

NG tech had nothing to do with stopping the Godwave.

TricksterPriest
Darkseid used his tech to freeze Ares in space&time immobilizing him long enough for the heroes to find a way to stop him.

Genesis #3-4
Here Darkseid captures Ares, the God of War who actually currently possessed the God Wave. Very impressive

1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis3pg03-1.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis3pg04.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis3pg05.jpg
4. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis4pg14.jpg
5. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis4pg15.jpg
6. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis4pg16.jpg
7. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis4pg17.jpg

Props to K-M. thumb up

D_Dude1210
DS tech is not NG tech unless you're willing to say Reed tech is Marvel Earth tech.

TricksterPriest
But Darkseid created most of the technology on Apokolips. And He's the dictator in charge of the entire planet. There is no comparison to Reed at all.

Where the hell are you going with this point? What the f**k? He is certainly a fair representative of New God tech. Hell, Metron is closer to being analogous to Reed in terms of tech, given his level compared to most new gods. And DS has outsmarted Metron quite a few times and worked with him as a peer.

D_Dude1210
My point is that stories are progressed using tech as a plot device sometimes. You can't use these prep-devices as a general standard of the tech level of a civilization.

Edit. Changed "oftentimes" to "sometimes".

darthgoober
Darkseid used his tech to freeze Ares in space&time immobilizing him long enough for the heroes to find a way to stop him.

Genesis #3-4
Here Darkseid captures Ares, the God of War who actually currently possessed the God Wave. Very impressive

1. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis3pg03-1.jpg
2. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis3pg04.jpg
3. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis3pg05.jpg
4. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis4pg14.jpg
5. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis4pg15.jpg
6. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis4pg16.jpg
7. http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii315/darkseidres2/Genesis4pg17.jpg

Props to K-M. thumb up
That's not really the same thing as "stopping the Godwave" is it? I mean would you say that Thanos's tech stopped the infinite energies of the Power Gem when he froze Thor(who possessed the Power Gem at the time)?

Enyalus
Thanos' tech has stopped infinite energy before. More than once. His tech shields stopped Galactus' blast. Galactus has 'infinite power' contained within him. And they've stopped Omega, twice as powerful as Galactus.

wink big grin

Oh, and Thanos' ship contains 'near infinite' energy onboard.

D_Dude1210
is near infinte = infinity -1? O_O

Enyalus
is near infinte = infinity -1? O_O
No. Its "a very very very large number that is finite, but I'm way too lazy to count that high so I'm just gonna short-cut it and say 'near-infinite'."

D_Dude1210
But if it's a very very very large number, wouldn't a very very very VERY VERY large number be closer to near infinite than a very very very large number is?

Enyalus
But if it's a very very very large number, wouldn't a very very very VERY VERY large number be closer to near infinite than a very very very large number is?
Sure, but I was lazy and didn't feel like counting even higher to tack on two extra VERYs, so I half-assed it. And called it near infinite.

vlaaad12345
If his ship contains near infinite power how come he doesn't ever you know absorb it to combat higher level beings.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
If his ship contains near infinite power how come he doesn't ever you know absorb it to combat higher level beings.
...Thats what he uses.

Odin comments on it during his battle with Thanos. He notes that Thanos draws from a source of near infinite power not unlike his own (I think that's a quote), but that scientifically acquired might will never triumph over Odin's own divine mystic power. Etc.

That source of power mentioned by Odin is Thanos' ship.

vlaaad12345
Eh Ive read that fight before but I don't remember it actually saying it was his ship though.

Mindset
What near infinite source would Odin be talking about?

His prune chin?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Mindset
What near infinite source would Odin be talking about?

His prune chin?

Natural gas, I think. ^_^

WhiteWitchKing

or the mobius chair?

Thanos has one of those as well. All he needs is to add is a time traveling component which shouldn't hard considering he's above Doom or Reed.

Remember the Cosmic Cube built by A.I.M.?

Remember the device called the Ultimate Nullifier that cured the Multiverse (Eternity) of Abraxas?

So, yeah. Marvel does have techs equal to or greater than DC's.

TricksterPriest
That's not really the same thing as "stopping the Godwave" is it? I mean would you say that Thanos's tech stopped the infinite energies of the Power Gem when he froze Thor(who possessed the Power Gem at the time)?

You're comparing the power gem to the Godwave? no expression 2nd, Darkseid froze space and time to hold Ares. The two are analogous only in that they were frozen in some way, but there are a few magnitudes of power difference between them.

And outside the IG, the power gem has never demonstrated this infinite energy. Or at least, no one seems to be able to harness it. Even Thor was only getting somewhat stronger........and dumber. stick out tongue

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Eh Ive read that fight before but I don't remember it actually saying it was his ship though.
smile Not surprising. It didn't say he drew his power from the ship specifically in the Odin fight. Says it far later on during Marvel: The End.

Survivor19
I don't understand how comparing high-end Marvel tech to High-end DS tech is in-topic, since it's out of context of Ultron/CS taking over it.

If you feel the urge to compare, compare tech Ultron has taken over to tech Hank has taken over, not Reed's and Thanos's tech to Metron's and Darkseid's tech.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Survivor19
I don't understand how comparing high-end Marvel tech to High-end DS tech is in-topic, since it's out of context of Ultron/CS taking over it.

If you feel the urge to compare, compare tech Ultron has taken over to tech Hank has taken over, not Reed's and Thanos's tech to Metron's and Darkseid's tech.

My thoughts exactly.

Ouallada
You're comparing the power gem to the Godwave? no expression 2nd, Darkseid froze space and time to hold Ares. The two are analogous only in that they were frozen in some way, but there are a few magnitudes of power difference between them.

And outside the IG, the power gem has never demonstrated this infinite energy. Or at least, no one seems to be able to harness it. Even Thor was only getting somewhat stronger........and dumber. stick out tongue

He's not comparing the power gem to the Godwave. He's pointing out why your parallel isn't a good one.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Thanos has one of those as well. All he needs is to add is a time traveling component which shouldn't hard considering he's above Doom or Reed. uhuh

Mindset
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Thanos has one of those as well. All he needs is to add is a time traveling component which shouldn't hard considering he's above Reed.

*fixed*

darthgoober

I didn't compare them, I pointed out why the description given didn't really apply. The real feat was hardening time and space in a localized area, not "stopping the Godwave". By the same token, Thanos's feat was creating a powerful block of force, not "containing the infinite energies of the Power Gem". It's impressive sure(just as any tech that affects time and space is), but I'm willing to bet that there are at least a couple of instances of someone like Reed, Doom, or Thanos building machines that influence those particular facets of reality as well.

D_Dude1210
Ultron wins!! ^_^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.