Ganon, Kratos, and Link vs Sephiroth, Dante, and Megaman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
This takes place in New York City, no time stopping powers or time travel, but slowing time or speeding up is allowed.

I chose NYC because I watched hulk 2 last night and most of the characters are capable of more than was shown in the movie, it'd look freakin' badass. NYC would be in ruins.

Kratos minus dietyhood.

OoT Link with all feats releveant to his character, master sword, gold gauntlets, mirror sheild, bow/arrows and ocarina. Spells+magic allowed.

Ganondorf's killable, but his durability feats stand.

DMC3 Dante, no bangle, or yamato.

Sephiroth from FF7.

Megaman, I don't know much about, I put him in because apparently he's good enough to keep up with the others, he's subject to replacement if someone can think of a better character.

LLLLLink
G-dorf seals them all in the gap between dimensions from his Lazyboy at the castle XD

Burning thought
Dante solos team 1, considering he is too quick for them all and has weapons capable of killing all but perhaps Kratos. Considering Kratos has incredible durability, he may whittle Dante down.

OriginalA
Megaman reverses gravity and sends them all into space.

ScreamPaste
Ganon seals Megaman between dimensions. no expression

MooCowofJustice
Swap Megaman with Samus Aran and you've got yourself a fight. :P

LLLLLink
I dont think BT read the part where everyone got sealed in the gap...

MooCowofJustice
DAMN IT SHIN, THERE IS NO HULK 2.

Burning thought
Originally posted by LLLLLink
I dont think BT read the part where everyone got sealed in the gap...

No I just ignored it as fanboyish blabber thats not been shown or proven smile

LLLLLink
Get ready to fail, then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDloMg58AU

Burning thought
Take a look at the other thread, I had a good laugh, but no, I wont watchit again in this one smile

As i thot, what a load of fanboyish blabber.....

hell Kratos escapes it.....

LLLLLink
Denial is what stage you are in now. You are just like an ostrich. When you see something you dont like, you stick your head in the ground and pretend it doesnt exist. Sad...

Burning thought
What the 20 seconds for Ganons own creation already broken and smashed over a seal is useful to Ganon is it? when much stronger/faster foes than that phantom and Ganon himself are going to be assaulting him, dont be a twit.

NemeBro
Which Megaman?

Q'Anilia
He doesn't know. Pick one that even the scale stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
Uhm, Megaman. Megaman? The blue one.

Q is right, I dunno. I'm like, Mega ignorant. D:

Phanteros
X should be a challenge.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Uhm, Megaman. Megaman? The blue one.

Q is right, I dunno. I'm like, Mega ignorant. D: Mega Man X is a ridiculous stomp in his favor. You don't want him for an even fight. You probably want the original Mega Man. Does he get access to his weapons and upgrades?

SuperLuigi
ganondorf betrays link to get another piece of the triforce, then he delivers the smackdown.

ScreamPaste
I don't know a damn thing about Megaman X, I meant the original Megaman, and sure, he has upgrades/weapons, but nothing that breaks the rules set up in the OP.

Phanteros
I don't know a damn thing about Megaman X, I meant the original Megaman, and sure, he has upgrades/weapons, but nothing that breaks the rules set up in the OP. well X isn't the same megaman so he's out.

Neo Darkhalen
Not really Megaman himself has proven himself more then a capable match, he'd beat link that's for sure.

Everyone seems to write out Megaman without looking at what he's done or what he has at his disposal (eg: Robot Masters abilities)...prime example go look in the Link vs Zero thread.....don't worry I'll wait...

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Not really Megaman himself has proven himself more then a capable match, he'd beat link that's for sure.

Everyone seems to write out Megaman without looking at what he's done or what he has at his disposal (eg: Robot Masters abilities)...prime example go look in the Link vs Zero thread.....don't worry I'll wait... Well, if Mega Man has his weapons, then Time Slow, Gravity Hold, Centaur Flash, Lightning Bolt, Black Hole, and Astro Crush should play havoc with just about everybody on team one.

Too many factors to consider about who would definitively win, though.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Well, if Mega Man has his weapons, then Time Slow, Gravity Hold, Centaur Flash, Lightning Bolt, Black Hole, and Astro Crush should play havoc with just about everybody on team one.

Too many factors to consider about who would definitively win, though.

True...True.

NemeBro
Well, if Mega Man has his weapons, then Time Slow, Gravity Hold, Centaur Flash, Lightning Bolt, Black Hole, and Astro Crush should play havoc with just about everybody on team one.

Too many factors to consider about who would definitively win, though. To add to this, if I recall correctly, was he not able to support Wily's castle?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by NemeBro
To add to this, if I recall correctly, was he not able to support Wily's castle?

Yes, yes he could.

Acrosurge
Mega Man is a physical beast, but this is commonly forgotten because of his young appearance. I calculated how much he could lift (at a ridiculously conservative minimum) in the afore mentioned Link vs Zero thread.

NemeBro
Indeed, physically he is the second strongest in the match-up, with only Kratos being stronger.

ScreamPaste
Ganon and OoT Link are arguably stronger than Megaman.

Who's placing bets here?

NemeBro
Ganon and OoT Link are arguably stronger than Megaman.

Who's placing bets here? They have never lifted a castle.

Which weighs>1,000 tons.

Phanteros
megaman is the second powerfull character on this list(depends on the incarnation though)

ScreamPaste
K, so Megaman's fortress weighed at least 200+ tons and at the very most 3000+ tons.

I'd like to point out, he still didn't throw the damn fortress.

Back on topic, who's placing bets on what team?

SuperLuigi
he held up a fortress??? wow!!! why didnt this awesome strength defeat his enemies then? did he lift it up or was it falling on him is the real question.

XanatosForever
Well, even if it was falling on him, the fact he managed to keep it from crushing himself and Dr. Light is pretty damn impressive. no expression

SuperLuigi
true but lifting the castle requires way more strength. like link stop speeding gorons, then throwing them.

Phanteros
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
true but lifting the castle requires way more strength. like link stop speeding gorons, then throwing them. since when did link catch castles?

SuperLuigi
the example i used was speeding gorons. not castles

ScreamPaste
OoT Link has better strength feats than TP Link, he threw a stone weighing approx 1300+ tons with relative ease.

NemeBro
OoT Link has better strength feats than TP Link, he threw a stone weighing approx 1300+ tons with relative ease. But TP Link actually managed to physically contend with Ganondorf.

ScreamPaste
True, but Ganon's strength isn't quantifiable :[ otherwise I'd use that feat all the time.

NemeBro
We know it>OoT Link's strength.

ScreamPaste
Which would put TP Link as being stronger than throwing 1300+ tons. I really wish Ganon had his own strength feats. If we could quantify his strength... oh the debatable bwnrs.

Burning thought
You put too much reliance on your strength theories, most of the characters in this matchup dont seem to give a damn about how strong Link, Ganon or Kratos are.....especially since all members of Team 2 are faster and arguably more powerful AND baring Kratos, more durable than team 1.

Sephiroth slices them in half with his superior speed, Dante could just blast them to pieces from long range with his many weapons, pandora etc. Megaman sounds like a beast as well especially if these are as good as they sound:

Time Slow, Gravity Hold, Black Hole

The only debate in here is how Kratos will cope and how quickly Team 1 die.

NemeBro
Ganondorf is the most durable in this match-up along with Kratos by feats.

Kratos possesses the fastest reaction-time.

Link...Is a douchebag.

And only Megaman is physically on the level or above that of anyone on team 1, with Kratos being stronger.

Sephiroth is the weakest on team 2, followed by Dante.

Link is the weakest on team 1, with Kratos and Ganon being rough equals.

Burning thought
How can Team 1 survive when Dante has quicksilver? he could just slow them all down, rung through and slice most of their heads off with impunity, especially considering he has incredible speed anyway. Dante should not be allowed time slowing.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Burning thought
How can Team 1 survive when Dante has quicksilver? he could just slow them all down, rung through and slice most of their heads off with impunity, especially considering he has incredible speed anyway. Dante should not be allowed time slowing. He cannot sever Ganon's head. Better things have tried.

And Ganon can fvck Dante's soul at the start of the fight, can do the same to Sephiroth...So yeah.

Burning thought
Like whom? does not really have to be his head anyway, he could do the whole eye stabbing thing, and it would still kill Link, leaving Team 1 with one less member.

When has he fvucked a soul? can you show me? and many suggest Sephiroth has no soul and that the lifestream consists of a spirit instead.

NemeBro
Like whom? does not really have to be his head anyway, he could do the whole eye stabbing thing, and it would still kill Link, leaving Team 1 with one less member.

When has he fvucked a soul? can you show me? and many suggest Sephiroth has no soul and that the lifestream consists of a spirit instead. 1. Light Arrows, they disintegrate anything that is not Ganondorf. As for eye stabbing...It would not help considering Ganon has shown in TP to be able to reform his body from damages.

2. erm

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/spirit

Main Entry: spirit
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: soul, attitude

So unless they are talking about his attitude...He has a soul.

As for fvcking souls, Zant technically did it, but Zant receives all his power from Ganondorf.

Burning thought
Originally posted by NemeBro
1. Light Arrows, they disintegrate anything that is not Ganondorf. As for eye stabbing...It would not help considering Ganon has shown in TP to be able to reform his body from damages.

2. erm

http://thesaurus.reference.com/browse/spirit

Main Entry: spirit
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: soul, attitude

So unless they are talking about his attitude...He has a soul.

As for fvcking souls, Zant technically did it, but Zant receives all his power from Ganondorf.

1. "shrug" thats a bit of a vague statement....could be gameplay, the Soul reaver in the gameplay of Blood omen 1 killed everything in one hit other than bosses as well, and they were humans, some of which far weaker and with less defences than some of the more common enemies.

Can you show me this regeneration/reforming?

What did Zant actually do? can you show me? how quick was it?

The Valiant
Messing with Dante's soul wouldn't do much. Dante isn't the weakest...then again this is coming from someone who completely hates Dante. (Hell, Kratos probably doesn't have the best reaction time compared to Dante).

Phanteros
Originally posted by The Valiant
Messing with Dante's soul wouldn't do much. Dante isn't the weakest...then again this is coming from someone who completely hates Dante. (Hell, Kratos probably doesn't have the best reaction time compared to Dante). dante has no soul resistent feats. Kratos react to lightning

Acrosurge
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
he held up a fortress??? wow!!! why didnt this awesome strength defeat his enemies then?Mega Man does use his strength in Mega Man 1, 6, Mega Man: Power Fighters and in the opening sequence of Mega Man 8.

The Valiant
Originally posted by Phanteros
dante has no soul resistent feats. Kratos react to lightning

It wouldn't kill him. So? You saw (the) lighting.

Phanteros
Originally posted by The Valiant
It wouldn't kill him. So? You saw (the) lighting. But he caught it. and of of course you see it because you have to.

The Valiant
Gameplay. Not really...come to think of it...you saw it in a cutscene.

LLLLLink
Ganondorf fvcking levitates castles. Or did no one in here play OoT?

Team 1 packs team 2's shyt.

Tattoos N Scars
Kratos wrecks them all by himself

XanatosForever
Useless necro is Useless. Try actually debating if you want to bring back an old thread, eh? erm

Zalindrana
Flaw.

Link wouldnt fight with Ganon....

ScreamPaste
In this thread he would.

Sin_Volvagia
Team 1 wins. Kratos with his magic & Herculean strength can overwhelm Megaman and Dante while Ganon has his Triforce of Power to resist Sephiroth.

ScreamPaste
I think Megaman may be physicly stronger than non-god Kratos, plus he has a temporary time stop.

Sin_Volvagia
I think Megaman may be physicly stronger than non-god Kratos, plus he has a temporary time stop.

But time-stopping is not allowed, remember? After all, you made this thread.

ScreamPaste
I made this a logn tiem ago, so I forget.. Lemme go look, lol.

If I get skooled in my own thread I'll lol...

Edit: Goddamnit. Lol. I got skooled, you're right I banned time stops.

LLLLLink
Didnt G-dorf get banned from banishing them to another dimension, or was that another thread?

Sappho
g dorf, kratos, link vs dante, megaman, seph

kratos is either tied or wins in durability next to ganon. dante easily rapes in speed, but if somehow he tried to blitz in kratos could just use his blades, cronus' rage, etc. so thats a no no.

link would probably be the first one killed in this fight, shortly after dante gets kill by ganon or kratos right after he killed link. so then its kratos and ganon vs. megaman and seph... yea team 1 wins. if seph came in and tried to tk or something, kratos could just long range him, then gannon could shoot him with some electricity or shit. Megaman would probably die next thinkin he can rush in, then kratos procedes to r.o.t.t and decapitates him, and then its seph vs gannon and kratos. team 1 7/10.

ScreamPaste
I disagree with parts of your summary.

Sephiroth almost certainly dies first, being the over-all weakest in this thread, and Dante's not speed blitzing Link that easily, especially not with Kratos and Ganon on his team. If Dante were to run in and try to kill Link, he'd first have to overcome Link himself, which is not easy, but is probably getting TK'd by Ganondorf and eating a light arrow. Dante needs to play smart, working in tendem with Megaman and Sephiroth if he wants to avoid such a fate.

LLLLLink
What would he do when he gets run through with the Master Sword? He's not exactly resistant, lol.

Burning thought
Who dante not resistant? youve not seen much of Dante then obviously...

Sephiroths only useful power is if he is allowed some materia or summons, otherwise his speed is outclassed by Megaman and prob by Dante as well in which case he is useless.

This fight may as well be Kratos and Ganon vs Dante and Megaman.

Avlon
This takes place in New York City, no time stopping powers or time travel, but slowing time or speeding up is allowed.

I chose NYC because I watched hulk 2 last night and most of the characters are capable of more than was shown in the movie, it'd look freakin' badass. NYC would be in ruins.

Kratos minus dietyhood.

OoT Link with all feats releveant to his character, master sword, gold gauntlets, mirror sheild, bow/arrows and ocarina. Spells+magic allowed.

Ganondorf's killable, but his durability feats stand.

DMC3 Dante, no bangle, or yamato.

Sephiroth from FF7.

Megaman, I don't know much about, I put him in because apparently he's good enough to keep up with the others, he's subject to replacement if someone can think of a better character.

Megaman uses time stop and proceeds to stomp.
Damn Megaman...

ScreamPaste
You quoted the OP and missed the fact that time stops are banned, GG.

Furthermore, his time stop is temporary, and not an instant win.

LLLLLink
Who dante not resistant? youve not seen much of Dante then obviously...

Sephiroths only useful power is if he is allowed some materia or summons, otherwise his speed is outclassed by Megaman and prob by Dante as well in which case he is useless.

This fight may as well be Kratos and Ganon vs Dante and Megaman.

Actually, I own some DMC games and am fully aware what Dante is capable of. Im not saying that Dante isnt amazing, I'm just saying that your not giving the Master sword any credit.

Its like this in Zelda:
Triforce>Master Sword>Ganondorf

Sappho
I disagree with parts of your summary.

Sephiroth almost certainly dies first, being the over-all weakest in this thread, and Dante's not speed blitzing Link that easily, especially not with Kratos and Ganon on his team. If Dante were to run in and try to kill Link, he'd first have to overcome Link himself, which is not easy, but is probably getting TK'd by Ganondorf and eating a light arrow. Dante needs to play smart, working in tendem with Megaman and Sephiroth if he wants to avoid such a fate.
Uhh... no. seph is the weakest, but i dont think he would die the fastest. he does not have the ability to effectively kill anyone on team one, which would be incentive for him to not rush in like that. Dante, on the other hand, is the fastest out of everyone here, by a large margin. He would not try to go for kratos, reaction time is to fast. Imo he would not effectively get enough damage on gannon, so the only one left is link. Link is the least durable of the bunch (on team 1), and is not to fast, which would give dante incentive for him to be his first target, which would ultimately end up with him getting killed, but not without him taking link first.

Actually, I own some DMC games and am fully aware what Dante is capable of. Im not saying that Dante isnt amazing, I'm just saying that your not giving the Master sword any credit.

Its like this in Zelda:
Triforce>Master Sword>Ganondorf
If you knew what dante could do, you shouldnt even bring up him getting hit by the master sword, he's much too fast for that. Also, dante has got stabbed so many times by many different swords... bt is right on his one.

ScreamPaste
Dante vs Link would be a drawn out fight, and I'm of the mind Link would win it. By the Time Dante had evffectively done any damage to Link, He'd be gettign TK'd anyway, and then Link either swords him or light arrows him, effectively eanding Dante, and killing the second most powerful member of team 2 while team one retains all three. Dante's going to need to think things through a little better than running into the fray and pickign a fight with Link, because he's going to need hefty support on that.

Sappho
"By the Time Dante had evffectively done any damage to Link, He'd be gettign TK'd anyway"

This is pretty much what i said in the begging. Link would not win a fight against dante. Dante is too strong and too fast for link to even think about what to do. Dante will rush in, impale link with his sword (or something of the sort) and kill him before link even has time to counter. Then Gannon would tk him and kratos would probably finish up. There is no way link could light arrow or sword dante, dante can catch bullets with his teeth, cut them in half. etc., and with quicksilver it makes things even more in his favor. Link cannot keep up with dante.

ScreamPaste
It wouldn't be near that simple. |: Link could straight up tank most of Dante's hits, Dante wouldn't achieve anything significant without getting TK'd and owned first. Even if Ganon and Kratos let the two fight it out, my money has Link coming out on top.

LLLLLink
Sappho, HoT Link can beat any one of team 2's members. The fastest thing in play are Link's arrows, which are fast enough to reach the sun in under 2 seconds. It takes light 8 seconds to reach the Earth from the sun. Do the math. o_O

Whoop-dee-do, Dante doesnt die from normal swords. Join the club. The Master Sword, however, is no ordinary sword and is DEFINITELY the most formidable and dangerous item to team 1 and team 2 in play.

Lastly, durability. Link can tank Ganondorf's blows. Need I say more? Any of Team 2's attacks are hardly that. If that isnt good enough for you, than Link can just down some Chatuae Romani and cast NL, and this match is over.

Aklis
Dante from DMC3 would probably not be able to take all of them, but he'd easily kill Link due to near-immortality and skill with the world's biggest sword-- His bullets are far faster than Link's arrows, and Link himself for that matter.

Even in DMC3 he beats powerful opponents, so I'd say that if he is smart about it, like Link, he'd take Ganon too. Kratos would rip the DMC3-version of Dante apart, though.

Sephiroth would solo Ganon and Link at the same time, and probably take Kratos too.

Megaman... Well, Kratos would devour him for breakfast.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Aklis
Dante from DMC3 would probably not be able to take all of them, but he'd easily kill Link due to near-immortality and skill with the world's biggest sword-- His bullets are far faster than Link's arrows, and Link himself for that matter.

Even in DMC3 he beats powerful opponents, so I'd say that if he is smart about it, like Link, he'd take Ganon too. Kratos would rip the DMC3-version of Dante apart, though.

Sephiroth would solo Ganon and Link at the same time, and probably take Kratos too.

Let's not underestimate Ganondorf. He survived a sword stab in TP and acted like it was nothing for the rest of the game. He can also seal people in a dimension and just a fraction of his power allowed Zant to teleport, use TK, and alter reality in Hyrule.

ScreamPaste

Like Sin said, you're underestimating Ganon badly. There was a Ganon vs Dante thread, it lasted three posts, and Ganon won it.

You're also underestimating Link, Dante's not shown the kind of strength it would take to one shot Link, while Link has the strength to crush Dante beyond regeneration. Link can react on super-sonic levels, and slow time to boot. He's not getting blitzed. If Dante runs in too quickly, like while Link is slowing time, he's going to get raped because the others on his team are too far behind.

Sappho
It wouldn't be near that simple. |: Link could straight up tank most of Dante's hits, Dante wouldn't achieve anything significant without getting TK'd and owned first. Even if Ganon and Kratos let the two fight it out, my money has Link coming out on top.
no, not even close. you have no proof at all to show that link can get decapitated and be ok. link cannot react to dante, not even a little bit, and with qs it only makes things worse. Its absurd to think that link can keep up with dante.

Sappho, HoT Link can beat any one of team 2's members. The fastest thing in play are Link's arrows, which are fast enough to reach the sun in under 2 seconds. It takes light 8 seconds to reach the Earth from the sun. Do the math. o_O

Whoop-dee-do, Dante doesnt die from normal swords. Join the club. The Master Sword, however, is no ordinary sword and is DEFINITELY the most formidable and dangerous item to team 1 and team 2 in play.

Lastly, durability. Link can tank Ganondorf's blows. Need I say more? Any of Team 2's attacks are hardly that. If that isnt good enough for you, than Link can just down some Chatuae Romani and cast NL, and this match is over.
No he cant, and show me proof of links arrows traveling that fast.

I never said it wasnt a normal sword. Dante has got stabbed by PLENTY of swords that arent normal... and still lived through it. I thought you played devil may cry before? He got stabbed by yamato... he got stabbed by rebellion... and he got stabbed by alastor.. i named 3 swords off the top of my head that arent normal, so what proof do you have that the master sword would kill dante?

Show me cannon proof of link tanking gannons blows. And lol at the romani, by the time link tries to drink that and activate nl, dante would have either impaled him/decapitate him. Why would you say something so foolish if you know dantes speed?

Everything was about right until you hit the third sentence... not happening, not even a little.

Like Sin said, you're underestimating Ganon badly. There was a Ganon vs Dante thread, it lasted three posts, and Ganon won it.

You're also underestimating Link, Dante's not shown the kind of strength it would take to one shot Link, while Link has the strength to crush Dante beyond regeneration. Link can react on super-sonic levels, and slow time to boot. He's not getting blitzed. If Dante runs in too quickly, like while Link is slowing time, he's going to get raped because the others on his team are too far behind.
I dont know if you've ever played dmc, but dante has shown a lot of strength feats, but so far i have not seen a durability feat from link that can match dantes strength. Link does have great reflexes, but not nearly as good as dantes, and further more by the time link even attempts to try to slow down time, he will already be dead. Its not that hard to understand, quicksilver acts on reflex, he doesnt need to use an item.

ScreamPaste
The thing is you're working under the assumption Dante can actively decapitate or impale Link in a single blow. Stronger beings have tried.

Dante cannot kill Link quickly enough on his own. And in a fight between them, my money is still on Link. |: This is moot though, because at best, Dante's gettign off a couple attacks, and not doing much, before getting TK'd, and eating light arrow.

Sappho
The thing is you're working under the assumption Dante can actively decapitate or impale Link in a single blow. Stronger beings have tried.

Dante cannot kill Link quickly enough on his own. And in a fight between them, my money is still on Link. |: This is moot though, because at best, Dante's gettign off a couple attacks, and not doing much, before getting TK'd, and eating light arrow.

Name 1 being, stronger and faster than dante, that tried to decapitate/impale link and could not do it. I would like to see proof of this.

Yes he can. All your saying is shit that link "can" do without giving me any proof, or how link would survive. Dante is much, much faster than link, and with qs it makes him so fast i doubt link would be able to see him. And all it takes is 1 attack from dante for link to be dead, you say he'll only get off a "couple" attacks, but you dont realize thats all it takes.

ScreamPaste
Dante's not strong enough to effectively kill Link in one attack, this is the problem with your argument.

No matter how fast Dante is, he's not strong enough to kill Link, who hangs with Ganon in close combat. If Dante could one shot Link, this would be impossible.

Sappho
Dante's not strong enough to effectively kill Link in one attack, this is the problem with your argument.

No matter how fast Dante is, he's not strong enough to kill Link, who hangs with Ganon in close combat. If Dante could one shot Link, this would be impossible.

Are you purposely ignoring what im saying and not answering my questions to try and get me mad or something? I asked you to prove something for me, and you didnt, it seems like your trying to be irrelevant on purpose now.

Give me the best durability feat that link has, if you cant then ill take that as you conceding the arguement.

I dont give a damn about strength, just becuase link is strong doesnt mean he can tank a hit from dante, strength DOES NOT equal durability.
Your last senctence doesnt even make sense. Dante stopped savior's punch without putting to much effort in, which had to be around 100 tons (or more) of force. Name 1 durability feat that link has that shown him tanking 100+ tons of force on his neck or stomach, because thats where dante will be aiming for, and if you cant, then stop making claims that you cant back up.

ScreamPaste
You realise how strong Ganon is right, in order for Link to hang with him in combat, Link has to be durable, that makes sense.

Also, you don't get to decide when I concede an argument, if you don't like my argument find a flaw in it. So far you have only asserted that Dante's strong, that doesn't make him strong enough.

Edit: How about I give you a simple fact, Link's own strength would tear him apart if he weren't durable enough to handle the forces he could generate, let alone actually entering combat with Ganon.

Sappho
You realise how strong Ganon is right, in order for Link to hang with him in combat, Link has to be durable, that makes sense.

Also, you don't get to decide when I concede an argument, if you don't like my argument find a flaw in it. So far you have only asserted that Dante's strong, that doesn't make him strong enough.

Edit: How about I give you a simple fact, Link's own strength would tear him apart if he weren't durable enough to handle the forces he could generate, let alone actually entering combat with Ganon.
No, it does not.

So by your logic, since link can "hang" with ganon in combat, he can automatically tank 100 tons of force+ on his neck? Thats the most absurd thing ive ever heard. Link has no durability feats (or atleast great ones), especially not for his neck, so how is that going to keep him from getting decapitated by dante?

ScreamPaste
So your logic is that Link's neck must somehow be infinitely less durable than the rest of him? erm

In order for Link to fight Ganon, he's consistantly dealing with the power of a 1000+ tonner, plus his own strength. He'd be crushed, or torn apart, if he were not durable. Why would his neck randomyl be made of paper mache, and the rest of him steel? -.O

Sappho
Is that not common sense? You cant tell me that the neck is as strong as the abs can you.... there are parts of the body that are just weaker than other parts, for example the eyes are weaker than the arm, the finger is weaker then the leg. Links neck is a lot less durable, than lets say his back. And also just because link is extremely strong doesnt mean that his durability has to be as great, your logic is right, link does have to have some durability or he would get crushed, and link does, but if you believe that link can actually tank a 100+ ton strike from a sword coming at blinding speed at his neck then, im sorry to say, your an idiot.

ScreamPaste
until I see evidence otherwise, I'm inclined ot believe he can, sorry to say.

The forces he'd have to be capable of withstanding in such a fight are IMMENSE, let me go find one of my old posts to quote for an example of such forces.

Edit: Originally posted by ScreamPaste
PSI is the result of pound-foot force on a single inch of surface area, and a pound foot of force is equal to 1.3558179483314004 joules.

Link in OoT threw a granite block weighing 1388.994 tons at a speed of over 75 meters per second, with relative ease. For this exercise, I'll be rounding these numbers down to 1300 and 75.

To accellerate a block that heavy to that speed Link had to generate 3316894205 joules of energy. Ganon is stronger than even OoT Link with the gauntlets, and TP Link sword locked with Ganon.

Now let's assume that TP Link is as strong as OoT Link. , and Ganon for whatever reason, rather than resisting Link in the sword lock, remains static, thus it's only the reaction of Link's own action on the palms of his hands when he sword locks with Ganon in TP.

This is; 2446415618 foot-pounds of force, now divide by the area of his hands. let's assume for the pure lulz that the palms of his hands combine into a square foot of area. Divide by 144 for PSI and you get 16988997 from just his own down-rounded strength, spread over an impossibly large surface area, and this amount of force did no harm whatsoever to Link.

FYI, thats 8494 tons of PSI.

Edit: I laugh at the idea of a bullet hurting him. |:

This is from the sims vs TP Link thread. But it applies to Link from OoT just as well.

Link's fingers can handle 8494 tons of PSI totally unscathed. His neck > his fingers, I'm guessing.

Further editing: It's only common sense for a character's strength to match up reasonably well with their strength, anyway. Any character in fiction follows this rule. The Hulk, Supes, Spiderman, their strength and durability all sit at similar levels relative to their strength.

Burning thought
I was called to this thread, and no, Screampaste is taking out his maths and adding it to a fictional object to try and heighten Links strength and even his durability. The event itself has been debated several times into the ground....

First it may not be canon, the rock is the same every time as well which means its not necesserily consisten featt even if it is canon, it could just be a puzzle.

Adding accurate (questionable) maths to a fictional object that may not even be serious and could indeed be simply a puzzle event and not an actual canonic and important feat for Link is redundant, hell the developers do not even point out the weight of the rock in question and Link never does something close again in his games, or show any other strength feat while using the gauntlets.

Links neck is fair game for any sword, certainly Dante's

MooCowofJustice
I was called to this thread, and no, Screampaste is taking out his maths and adding it to a fictional object to try and heighten Links strength and even his durability. The event itself has been debated several times into the ground....

First it may not be canon, the rock is the same every time as well which means its not necesserily consisten featt even if it is canon, it could just be a puzzle.

Adding accurate (questionable) maths to a fictional object that may not even be serious and could indeed be simply a puzzle event and not an actual canonic and important feat for Link is redundant, hell the developers do not even point out the weight of the rock in question and Link never does something close again in his games, or show any other strength feat while using the gauntlets.

Links neck is fair game for any sword, certainly Dante's

So your argument against the math is that it's fictional and we can't really say its heavy? Kain's fictional. So is all of his magic. We can't really say its powerful.

The bold just made me lol.

"Pick up this rock" is not a puzzle. If that is your definition of a puzzle, no wonder you don't play Zelda.

The math can't be rounded down any farther. Simply put, that rock was at least that heavy.

Each Link is different, most other Links being weaker does not matter here at all.

Burning thought
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
So your argument against the math is that it's fictional and we can't really say its heavy? Kain's fictional. So is all of his magic. We can't really say its powerful.

The bold just made me lol.

"Pick up this rock" is not a puzzle. If that is your definition of a puzzle, no wonder you don't play Zelda.

The math can't be rounded down any farther. Simply put, that rock was at least that heavy.

Each Link is different, most other Links being weaker does not matter here at all.

We can say its heavy, we cant say an exact tonage because the developers did not, they may not have seriously wanted Link to be a 1k tonner, or have skin durable enough to survive 8k tonnes of force....no...

And your counter does not even make sense...

Simply put, that rock if it was in our world was at least that heavy, its not in our world and its not our fiction, so it doesnt matter if his maths is correct, is not until the developers point out the weight of the rock. All we know so far for fact is its a large piece of granite.

Ofcourse it does, because its still a similiar universe and story and they still fight ganon, if one link could survive 8k tonnes of force and others could not there would be a greater diffrence between their fighting styles, they wouldnt use so many items either, such high numbers used for Link would not make sense in his own universe.

You cant play off the fact that the game (any of them) does not support or have 100% realistic physics then take into account very specifically using maths the weight of a rock.

MooCowofJustice
But the rock is stated as granite...

It makes perfect sense. "The rock is the same every time" + "but its not consistent" = "lol"

So now you want to say that weights cannot be judged on size. Which potentially nullifies almost every strength feat ever used on these boards unless the weight of any object lifted is stated.

No other Link clashed swords with Ganondorf.

The physics of the feat aren't really inaccurate. What is inaccurate are the little details.

Burning thought
But the rock is stated as granite...

It makes perfect sense. "The rock is the same every time" + "but its not consistent" = "lol"

So now you want to say that weights cannot be judged on size. Which potentially nullifies almost every strength feat ever used on these boards unless the weight of any object lifted is stated.

No other Link clashed swords with Ganondorf.

The physics of the feat aren't really inaccurate. What is inaccurate are the little details.

It is indeed, but not that it is indeed 1k tonnes, so we know its heavy granite, thats it.

You didnt understand what I said did you? I said its not a consistent feat, the rock he lifts in canon (if its canon) is exactley the same as the optional ones, its not likely storyline strength, its just like a random key that may not be canon for the actual storyline.

They can, its just redundant to use maths and logic in a fictional game, the rock may not be under exactley the same rules the real world is under.

So your saying this is the only link to have struck Ganondorf?

MooCowofJustice
It is indeed, but not that it is indeed 1k tonnes, so we know its heavy granite, thats it.

You didnt understand what I said did you? I said its not a consistent feat, the rock he lifts in canon (if its canon) is exactley the same as the optional ones, its not likely storyline strength, its just like a random key that may not be canon for the actual storyline.

They can, its just redundant to use maths and logic in a fictional game, the rock may not be under exactley the same rules the real world is under.

So your saying this is the only link to have struck Ganondorf?

So you agree with all the points, but not with the conclusion that they lead to.

No, two are required, one is not. It's canon, it is required gameplay. It has to happen for you to beat the game.

Which brings it back to the point of nullifying every other feat in a video game that was not stated to have a specific number. Maybe that castle that Mario lifted wasn't made of rock quite as heavy as rock in our world, I guess we can't say it is because the castle didn't have a specific weight stated. Do you see the problem here?

I actually meant the sword lock with Ganondorf in Twilight Princess there. Ocarina of Time Link's best strength feat is the rock. Link is strong in every game, but he has definitely had some varying strength feats.

Burning thought
So you agree with all the points, but not with the conclusion that they lead to.

No, two are required, one is not. It's canon, it is required gameplay. It has to happen for you to beat the game.

Which brings it back to the point of nullifying every other feat in a video game that was not stated to have a specific number. Maybe that castle that Mario lifted wasn't made of rock quite as heavy as rock in our world, I guess we can't say it is because the castle didn't have a specific weight stated. Do you see the problem here?

I actually meant the sword lock with Ganondorf in Twilight Princess there. Ocarina of Time Link's best strength feat is the rock. Link is strong in every game, but he has definitely had some varying strength feats.

Not with your conlusion on what they lead to nor their backing.

You having to do something does not necesserily make canon....

No Mario is simply under toonforce, which negates the feat to a degree in a real world, os yes it is under diffrent rules completly. So no, I see why I am right.

Screampaste uses Link slashing through Ganon several times or Ganon knocking his sword away in OoT for strength feats for Ganon surviving damage and having strength enough to disarm Link...he then proceeds to think this means all Links who have drawn swords with him, at least those that strike with him physically have thousands of tonnes of strength roll eyes (sarcastic)

MooCowofJustice
Not with your conlusion on what they lead to nor their backing.

You having to do something does not necesserily make canon....

No Mario is simply under toonforce, which negates the feat to a degree in a real world, os yes it is under diffrent rules completly. So no, I see why I am right.

Screampaste uses Link slashing through Ganon several times or Ganon knocking his sword away in OoT for strength feats for Ganon surviving damage and having strength enough to disarm Link...he then proceeds to think this means all Links who have drawn swords with him, at least those that strike with him physically have thousands of tonnes of strength roll eyes (sarcastic)

But that's the only possible conclusion. You just said "I disagree with logic."

I see, and your claim of Toonforce is based one what? Mario can toss Bowser like a play thing. He can always do this canonically since its always the same Mario and Bowser. We'd technically have to negate the fact that Bowser's size has changed from game to game.

ScreamPaste uses that for several reasons.

1. It's logical to assume that.
2. It's canon, and even in its own mini cutscene.
3. Its incredibly impressive for Ganondorf. Its the equivalent to classic Superman surviving multiple stab wounds from a sword made of pure Kryptonite.

No, ScreamPaste has never said that all Links are that strong. He's only ever claimed that Adult OoT Link is strong, and that TP Link is stronger still. TP Link is the only one he's ever said is strong based on sword locking with Ganondorf, since TP Link is the only one to have ever done that.

The bold is you contradicting yourself in a single sentence by the way.

Phanteros
Toon force is still a feat no matter how you want it gone.

ScreamPaste
I love how BT has HORRIBLY misconstrued my post. He clearly has a problem with reading comprehension.

MooCowofJustice
I know. And he says that I'm the one that gets confused.

laughing out loud

Burning thought
But that's the only possible conclusion. You just said "I disagree with logic."

I see, and your claim of Toonforce is based one what? Mario can toss Bowser like a play thing. He can always do this canonically since its always the same Mario and Bowser. We'd technically have to negate the fact that Bowser's size has changed from game to game.

ScreamPaste uses that for several reasons.

1. It's logical to assume that.
2. It's canon, and even in its own mini cutscene.
3. Its incredibly impressive for Ganondorf. Its the equivalent to classic Superman surviving multiple stab wounds from a sword made of pure Kryptonite.

No, ScreamPaste has never said that all Links are that strong. He's only ever claimed that Adult OoT Link is strong, and that TP Link is stronger still. TP Link is the only one he's ever said is strong based on sword locking with Ganondorf, since TP Link is the only one to have ever done that.

The bold is you contradicting yourself in a single sentence by the way.

lol you logic? lmao......your very rarely logical and when you try to be you fail at it.

Because Mario is a toon perhaps.....canoically Mario gets what powerup? because as far as I know hes a plumber..thats it...he gets no special force other than powerups in-game that gave him strength.

lol its not a mini cutscene, its just a non player controlled moment, it has no viable storyline attached to it. It probably does the same when you walk up to the optional rocks as well.

He claims a lot, which is illogical in a world where link does not go mandhandling every enemy he sees, physically he is a hylian which are apprently canonically a dieing race not much diffrent from elves or physically from humans, hes not got 1000 ton strength in his arms, only by Screampastes silly attaching of maths to various objects and some lack of logic does he come to that strength.

Phanteros
lol you logic? lmao......your very rarely logical and when you try to be you fail at it.

Because Mario is a toon perhaps.....canoically Mario gets what powerup? because as far as I know hes a plumber..thats it...he gets no special force other than powerups in-game that gave him strength.

lol its not a mini cutscene, its just a non player controlled moment, it has no viable storyline attached to it. It probably does the same when you walk up to the optional rocks as well.

He claims a lot, which is illogical in a world where link does not go mandhandling every enemy he sees, physically he is a hylian which are apprently canonically a dieing race not much diffrent from elves or physically from humans, hes not got 1000 ton strength in his arms, only by Screampastes silly attaching of maths to various objects and some lack of logic does he come to that strength. Being a toon doesn't denote his abilities and if the thread creator wants he can make it so that gameplay is on for Mario.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Phanteros
Being a toon doesn't denote his abilities and if the thread creator wants he can make it so that gameplay is on for Mario.

It does denote his abilities because having toon rules affecting you means you can do things you could not do realistically, in which Mario is prob just a man. Lifting a castle while under toonforce also means you cannot actually evaluate weight of objects by neither math or even just looking at the object, which means its featless in a way.

Phanteros
It does denote his abilities because having toon rules affecting you means you can do things you could not do realistically, in which Mario is prob just a man. Lifting a castle while under toonforce also means you cannot actually evaluate weight of objects by neither math or even just looking at the object, which means its featless in a way. Down playing as usually.

Burning thought
"shrug" you should know all about that, you downplay Kain all the time smile

Phanteros
"shrug" you should know all about that, you downplay Kain all the time smile Because you hype to levels where he's not. Let me show you what a real vampire of the night can do.

MooCowofJustice

He claims a lot, which is illogical in a world where link does not go mandhandling every enemy he sees, physically he is a hylian which are apprently canonically a dieing race not much diffrent from elves or physically from humans, hes not got 1000 ton strength in his arms, only by Screampastes silly attaching of maths to various objects and some lack of logic does he come to that strength.

Yes, between the two of us, I am the one that fails a logic.

No power ups. He's just that strong. He's a plumber that is a stated master of jumping.

You claim a lot too. No, it isn't illogical. If I can lift this enormous rock over my head, my body and bones are logically very strong, otherwise my powerful muscles would snap my bones like twigs as the muscles use the bones as anchors to move the limbs.

You're really good with these contradictions today. I might make a little wall on my profile to portray them.

Burning thought
Yes, between the two of us, I am the one that fails a logic.

No power ups. He's just that strong. He's a plumber that is a stated master of jumping.

You claim a lot too. No, it isn't illogical. If I can lift this enormous rock over my head, my body and bones are logically very strong, otherwise my powerful muscles would snap my bones like twigs as the muscles use the bones as anchors to move the limbs.

You're really good with these contradictions today. I might make a little wall on my profile to portray them.

Indeed you are, your learning.

Just that strong when under the effects of toon force, which means he could technically not be strong at all.

OR! youve got enchancted gauntlets that allow you to lift the rock.

lol like the last 2 you and screampaste had that were confiscated like you were children? oh w8! you are....

Phanteros
Should I make a Demetri Maxioff thread to show BT what A real vampire is capable of ?

Burning thought
Its prob been done, Demitri maximoff, the vamp who has to shield himself to escape being blown apart by sunlight lol...

Yeh hes closer to the vampire legends, not as strong as a Nosgoth vampire though obviously.

MooCowofJustice
Indeed you are, your learning.

Just that strong when under the effects of toon force, which means he could technically not be strong at all.

OR! youve got enchancted gauntlets that allow you to lift the rock.

lol like the last 2 you and screampaste had that were confiscated like you were children? oh w8! you are....

Your argument of toonforce is based on graphics. Graphics which are not really cartoony at all. Cartoony is when people try to start running but peel out with their feet in mid air. Mario is that strong, learn to deal with it.

Point please? Link's still durable.

No you big silly, that was my signature and it was a childish count. Speaking of which, you're at 15 now.

I'm gonna make that contradiction wall.

Phanteros
Its prob been done, Demitri maximoff, the vamp who has to shield himself to escape being blown apart by sunlight lol...

Yeh hes closer to the vampire legends, not as strong as a Nosgoth vampire though obviously. Wait untill you see him.

ScreamPaste
I'm just going to call out BT on something.

Because I did not factor in Ganon's strength, and only used Link's down-rounded strength acting on himself, the numbers I used for the sword lock = the numbers Link experienced when he threw the pillar in OoT.

Burning thought
Your argument of toonforce is based on graphics. Graphics which are not really cartoony at all. Cartoony is when people try to start running but peel out with their feet in mid air. Mario is that strong, learn to deal with it.

Point please? Link's still durable.

No you big silly, that was my signature and it was a childish count. Speaking of which, you're at 15 now.

I'm gonna make that contradiction wall.

Toonforce exists and is a term used for cartoonlike goings on, especially with cartoon graphics. Gorons or w/e their called bouncing in lava in LoZ is toonforce, as is a fat plumber picking up a little castle.

MooCowofJustice
Toonforce exists and is a term used for cartoonlike goings on, especially with cartoon graphics. Gorons or w/e their called bouncing in lava in LoZ is toonforce, as is a fat plumber picking up a little castle.

They walk in lava, that is not Toonforce.

Mario lifting up a Castle is not Toonforce.

Sin_Volvagia
They walk in lava, that is not Toonforce.

Mario lifting up a Castle is not Toonforce.

Everything Mario did to destroy the castles in Super Mario World is toonforce. Seriously, why do you think that one hill gets an X bandage when struck by a castle? Why does Mario turn charred black when one of the castles blows up in his face?

TOON FORCE

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Everything Mario did to destroy the castles in Super Mario World is toonforce. Seriously, why do you think that one hill gets an X bandage when struck by a castle? Why does Mario turn charred black when one of the castles blows up in his face?

TOON FORCE

It's more consistent with Mario's strength as we see it in other games than it is cartoony.

Burning thought
Dont worry Sin, I dont think he belives what hes saying, like with most of the things he says, hes just trolling me.

MooCowofJustice
I'm so good I troll you when I'm not even talking to you.

Burning thought
Your argument is started against me, the fact someone else called you out on saying something ridiculous to troll me is something I dont think you did take into consideration when you planned on trolling me.

Saying Mario lifting up castles is a realistic depiction and not a toon force depiction is a ridiculous thing to say.

MooCowofJustice
It is a realistic depiction in the sense that we're talking about Mario. Unlike LoZ, this Mario is always the same Mario. Lifting the castle is consistent with the rest of the series.

Burning thought
Yes and most of the series is toon force.....

Rapidash
It is a realistic depiction in the sense that we're talking about Mario. Unlike LoZ, this Mario is always the same Mario. Lifting the castle is consistent with the rest of the series.

Consistant like putting effort into pulling up a chestnut or struggle to throw a lizard a few times his size ten feet.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Rapidash
Consistant like putting effort into pulling up a chestnut or struggle to throw a lizard a few times his size ten feet.

Bowser is also always the same Bowser. His varying size is negligible. Mario can always throw him.

Besides, in Galaxy he sends him spiraling out of control around a small planet with a single spin.

Rapidash
It violates your consistancy talk.

MooCowofJustice
Only in relation to Bowser's size. I use the Bowser size from the most recent main stream Mario game.

Rapidash
How do you explain the chestnut then and on what are you basing Bowser's the weight equivalent of a castle?

MooCowofJustice
I'm not sure what Chesnut you're talking about. I don't think I've ever seen that.

I'm basing it on his size and that he is well muscled.

Rapidash
I can't remember the name of the game where you pull Chestnuts out of the ground and throw them at your foes. You stand on top of them, hold down, activate the grab button and you rip them out of the ground with some effort.

How does his size and muscular body compare to a castle? There is no consistancy. it takes effort for Mario to throw Bowser ten feet and that's after he has gotten a chance to build up velocity by spinning around. Then a bomb is adequate to send Bowser flying again, implicating not the weight of a castle.

Rapidash
Super Mario Brothers 2

MooCowofJustice
Super Mario Bros 2 took place in a dream world. And the things are huge, like the size of Mario.

If I remember correctly, the Castle that Mario lifted was relatively small. Fact is Mario is still strong, the Castle feat being his best doesn't mean its inconsistent.

Rapidash
Consistancy. The ability to throw a turtle shell two feet. The ability to throw Bowser barely ten feet. The ability to throw a castle out of sight. Being slowed down when carrying particular objects and jumps lower.

Where is the accordance? He's strong. There's no denying it, but it's not consistant strength.

ScreamPaste
I'm just gonna say this as a side-note.

Mario is not in this damn thread. no expression

I kinda let it slide for awhile, but whether it's a feat that people will argue over for days, and pages. I personally conside it canon, and a damn good feat. Also, as the OP I'm making an adjustment to this scenario.

Mario is not actually in this fight, but for this thread Toon-Force is allowed, just so that whether you consider it toon force or not, it's in.

Rapidash
I did not even read the title of the thread. Embarassing. I'll drop the Mario talk smile

ScreamPaste
Lol, it happens, thanks. stick out tongue

Sappho
until I see evidence otherwise, I'm inclined ot believe he can, sorry to say.

The forces he'd have to be capable of withstanding in such a fight are IMMENSE, let me go find one of my old posts to quote for an example of such forces.

Edit:

This is from the sims vs TP Link thread. But it applies to Link from OoT just as well.

Link's fingers can handle 8494 tons of PSI totally unscathed. His neck > his fingers, I'm guessing.

Further editing: It's only common sense for a character's strength to match up reasonably well with their strength, anyway. Any character in fiction follows this rule. The Hulk, Supes, Spiderman, their strength and durability all sit at similar levels relative to their strength.

The burden of proof does not fall on me to know if link cant tank a shot by a 100++ tonner stabbing him in the neck/decapitating him. So far you have not shown me any actual proof that link can tank that much force from the tip of a sword on his neck and be ok. If you think this, then there really is no point in arguing because your to stubborn to understand something that was supposed to be common sense in the first place... Bt pretty much got the rest of your post.

"Consistancy. The ability to throw a turtle shell two feet. The ability to throw Bowser barely ten feet. The ability to throw a castle out of sight. Being slowed down when carrying particular objects and jumps lower.

Where is the accordance? He's strong. There's no denying it, but it's not consistant strength."

Makes perfect sense. mario's feat is inconsistent can cant be taken seriously. And just because mario has the same strength in all of the games does not mean that it isnt toon force.

MooCowofJustice
I'm just gonna say this as a side-note.

Mario is not in this damn thread. no expression

I kinda let it slide for awhile, but whether it's a feat that people will argue over for days, and pages. I personally conside it canon, and a damn good feat. Also, as the OP I'm making an adjustment to this scenario.

Mario is not actually in this fight, but for this thread Toon-Force is allowed, just so that whether you consider it toon force or not, it's in.

ScreamPaste
I gave you the proof, if you disagree, refute?

Sappho
No... you havent.

ScreamPaste
This is relevant becaause the entire equation shows OoT Link's own strength acting on himself, with no additional forces whatsoever, and rounded down to the point of ridiculousness.

Sappho
"Adding accurate (questionable) maths to a fictional object that may not even be serious and could indeed be simply a puzzle event and not an actual canonic and important feat for Link is redundant, hell the developers do not even point out the weight of the rock in question and Link never does something close again in his games, or show any other strength feat while using the gauntlets.

Links neck is fair game for any sword, certainly Dante's"

This and the like tell me its very hard to believe that link can tank a sword shot to his neck, and stand there to still be alive. Last time i checked link had his gauntlets to help him lift that rock, but then again thats where you all got into it about his "legs" and what not.

ScreamPaste
His legs support the weight just fine... I see no issue, the gunatlets make him stronger, not more durable. Link's pretty frikken durable.

Also, it's canon, you have to move the rock to beat the game.

Sappho
I know, the gauntlets make him stronger, not more durable (exactly what i was trying to say). But whats inconsistent is that in tp when you have to wrestle the goron, you need his metal boots so you dont lose againts him, yet i thought his durability was supposed to "match" his strength. Hmm.. in one scenario link struggles to move a goron, yet you claim he can withstand tons and tons of force.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Sappho
I know, the gauntlets make him stronger, not more durable (exactly what i was trying to say). But whats inconsistent is that in tp when you have to wrestle the goron, you need his metal boots so you dont lose againts him, yet i thought his durability was supposed to "match" his strength. Hmm.. in one scenario link struggles to move a goron, yet you claim he can withstand tons and tons of force.

You need the Iron Boots because Link is strong and durable, not heavy as solid rock. I went over this in the Sephiroth thread a long time ago.

Plus TP Link isn't the same as OoT Link anyway.

ScreamPaste
The Goron's are /much/ heavier than he is.

Example, you, go push on the side of your house. No matter how strong you are, you cano't move it, you'll push yourself back first due to the weight difference. If you have somethign to anchor you, though, like iron boots, and are strong enough, howeve,r you will move your house.

Also, this thread uses OoT Link. /random side note.

and in TP Link does withstand tons and tons of force, for example stopping the mini-boss Goron in motion, this would crush an average person. Especially given that by my conservative estimations, the Goron weighs 200 tons, not counting it's armour.

Sappho
O, gotcha. Just a question, can you show me a strength feat from ganon plz?

ScreamPaste
In OoT he disarms Link, despite Link's incredible strength and having the golden gauntlets, he's also stated to be stronger than Link.

He disintegrates stone blocks and pillars with swings of his swords.

In TP, he disintegrates asage with a punch, breaks the chains holding him in lace, despite being impaled, locks swords with TP Link, ect. While not a strength feat, Midna destroys Hyrule Castle with an attack focused on Ganon, and does no harm to him whatsoever.

Keep in mind that above numbers count him as remaining totally static, and thus accounting for zero strength. IE, they pretend he doesn't have any strength at all.

Sappho
yea, imo i really dont see link tanking a full on sword shot to the neck from dante and living. more than 100+ tons of force is too much for link to sit there and "tank"

ScreamPaste
How is his neck < his hand..?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>