ROTS Sidious Goes to Jail

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Malak, Kreia, Dooku, and Maul go to arrest Sidious.

Do they succeed?

Gideon
Yes.

Jinsoku Takai
Hell no... negative... nagativo!!!

Gideon
He's definitely stronger than any of them, but I doubt he can fight them off at the same time.

Darth Rex
What about Bane, Revan and Nihilus? Could they do it?
What happens if maul helps his master?
They would beat sidious

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Darth Rex
What about Bane, Revan and Nihilus? Could they do it?
What happens if maul helps his master?
They would beat sidious

Yes.

Gideon
Bane, Revan, and Nihilus combined would definitely beat him. Sidious may be the best ever, but he's not invincible.

Autokrat
Sidious whips out his Get out of Jail Free card while laughing manically about unlimited power.

Nephthys
Yeah, but does he collect $200? Thats the real question.

Slash_KMC
I know I do. Every ****ing round.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Gideon
Bane, Revan, and Nihilus combined would definitely beat him. Sidious may be the best ever, but he's not invincible.

Gideon admits that Sidious isn't invincible????

Lord Lucien
He's not THAT in love with him.

RaidenDeadpool
ROTS Sidious Goes to Jail

Well at least he won't have to worry about dropping the soap...

Kotor3
If Sidious was to engage them in saber combat immediately as he did the Jedi in ROTS, could he win then?

Lord Lucien
Theoretically. But these aren't the kinds of police that would stand there asking for it.

To get technical, Maul and Dooku would of course be WELL aware of Sidious' capabilities and would inform their ancient colleagues in a much more detailed fashion than Mace did with the three stooges.

Darth Truculent
Can he post bail?

Lord Lucien
Bail's $200 and he had to post GO without collecting.

Darth Truculent
Too bad he just pull out his wallet and hand over $200.

Gideon
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
Gideon admits that Sidious isn't invincible????

Of course not.

He is, however, powerful enough to solo the entire planet Earth -- and all of its militaries -- from a single X-wing.

Slash_KMC
Earth excluding me, because I would clearly beat him alone using a battered Tie Fighter.

Gideon
I wouldn't need the TIE Fighter. smile

MasterAshenVor
I'd beat Sidious to death with an oak walking stick.

Gideon
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
I'd beat Sidious to death with an oak walking stick.

Oak? Now you're just being silly.

Lord Lucien
Gimme a piece of rotten ironwood and a rusty knife and I'll whittle myself a Chuck Norris figurine. Palpatine will repent the Dark Side out of sheer terror.

Wolverine2179
Good god kotor3 you really hate sidious don't you? Every thread you have been making is always against sidious.

Captain REX
This is rather unbalanced...

Lord Lucien
Take away Dooku and replace Kreia with TPM Obi-Wan. Or something.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Wolverine2179
Good god kotor3 you really hate sidious don't you? Every thread you have been making is always against sidious.

Every thread? You see things I don't?

Kotor3
I honestly did not know what kind of responses I would received for this thread. Since they all seem to be in agreement of Sidious being overtaken, what if we remove one of the four going against Sidious. Anyone!

Could any three of the four mention take on Sidious?

Darth Rex
Malak, Kreia and Dooku probably could beat Sidious.
Maul is all about Lightsaber Combat and compared to the other three dosen't really add anything.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Darth Rex
Malak, Kreia and Dooku probably could beat Sidious.
Maul is all about Lightsaber Combat and compared to the other three dosen't really add anything.

It could be like WOW; Maul is the tank, Dooku the dps and Kreia the mage smile

Red Nemesis
I don't know what dps stands for. ?

Slash_KMC
Dps.

Been ages since I've played that game.

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
I don't know what dps stands for. ?

Damage Per Second. The primary damage inflicting role in a group (To which Kreia if termed Mage would go into).

But as for this thread, the four is too much for him to handle. I think that even if you subtract one from the lineup, it's still time for jail for Sidious.

KOS=MOS
Please don't bring up that horrendous failure of a game.

Q'Anilia
World of Warcraft? Far from a failure. Needless to be brought up as subject of discussion in this thread though.

KOS=MOS
It's as big a failure as you can get in the RPG market as far as how it fits into the genre.

KOS=MOS
Absolutely no captivating quality whatsoever; nothing that draws the player into the role of the character.

KOS=MOS
It couldn't fail more miserably at fulfilling the function of the genre.

Q'Anilia
I disagree with everything and could elaborate, but this isn't the place, so I'll instead ask you to stay on topic.

Red Nemesis
Oh come on. Have you noticed that the thread has pretty much died
and
most threads get off topic?

Don't worry about it.

KOS=MOS
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
I disagree with everything and could elaborate, but this isn't the place, so I'll instead ask you to stay on topic.

There isn't room for legitimate disagreement; I can use objective measures to prove up on my claims.

Firstly, let's examine what a role playing game actually is. The best definition would be: a game with an emphasis on the player taking on the role of the character. Essentially, the entire purpose of the game would be to draw the player into the role of the character, and how well it does so the prime measure of success.

That being said, there are two approaches that game makers take in achieving that objective:

1. Creating a storyline experience that captivates and engages the player to such an extent that he can almost literally "escape" into the game's setting and into the role of the character and the path that he's taking.

2. Granting the player full level of control over the choices and decisions the character makes, maximising the sense of individuality with the character where the player is the complete driving force behind the role that the character takes on in the game's setting.

While both approaches are usually applicable, the latter becomes useless and utterly irrelevant as soon as predetermined events come into the picture (which is essentially what all video game RPGs are based around). The reason being, that when everything is ultimately predetermined, even if you, the player, are given some level of control and influence over the role your character takes in the story (which ridiculously terrible games like Fable seem to have placed the emphasis on, completely missing the point of the genre), everything still originates from the predetermined game script, nothing originates from the player, and as such, there isn't that sense of individuality with the character. At best, there might be predetermined variances that the player still has control over, but at the same time, these are still originating from the game, not from the player, and as such, you would have to be of an inhumanly passive nature to be able to feel as if you're the real driving force behind the role your character takes when you're simply only slightly influencing it based on limited options placed before you by the game itself.

For that reason, the second approach simply doesn't work, and the only way in which game makers actually can draw the player into the role of the character is through the first.

Which is where we move on to how WoW (along with any and every other WRPG, though to a much lesser extent) is a complete failure within the genre. For a storyline to truly captivate the player, it requires direction, purpose, emphasis, detail and drive. WoW has absolutely none:

1. There's absolutely no detail or drive to the storyline whatsoever; the quests are read out more like mission briefings than actual storyline segments, the emphasis clearly being on the objectives rather than the context or background of the quests. Based on how the game's made, the gameplay elements are what drives the player through the game, not the storyline, which is something fundamentally wrong with the game, and fundamentally prevents the player from escaping into the role that the character is taking in the game world (gameplay is essentially the divide between player and character, the barrier between them, so having the emphasis be placed on that rather than the storyline simply highlights the separation of player and character when it should be drawing the player into the role of the character and almost eliminating that separation).

2. There's absolutely no purpose to the plot whatsoever; the game mostly consists of a series of completely unrelated story arcs that rarely if ever lead onto one another, and as such there's little to no relevance or meaning to the different story archs as far as the bigger picture is concerned. There's no sense of your character having a real role to play in the events of the game world; nothing of importance or individuality.

3. There's absolutely no direction to the plot whatsoever; it lacks a single underlying plot that drives your character through the contents of the game, and there's absolutely no implication of anything that your character is being lead to; no climax or end point, which like the above only adds to the pointlessness of the minimal storyline the player actually does experience in WoW.

So as I was saying, the game utterly fails where the genre is intended to succeed, and as such, completely fails as an RPG.

GenomeFrozener
They would take em in.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by KOS=MOS
Please don't bring up that horrendous failure of a game.

It's debatable whether or not it's good, but the statistical evidence of the millions of dollars that it made isn't.

Eminence
It's debatable whether or not it's good, but the statistical evidence of the millions of dollars that it made isn't. One word: Titanic.

Nephthys
Fail. Titanic is the pinnacle of modern cinema and you know it. Everytime I watch it my eyes literally bleed with tears/awesomebuildup and I get more boners than a locker-room of gays regular players. So, you simply fail, sould go live in a cave and lament doubting the power of De Caprio's hunkiness dreaminess fablirificolusness somestupidstraightword.

Eminence
DiCaprio wasn't hunky until '06.

KOS+MOS
It's debatable whether or not it's good,

Examining the role of the genre, it really isn't up for debate. It can be analysed using objective measures to completely fail at drawing the player into the role of the character, the entire purpose of the genre.

Something that truly baffles the mind. Although as a PC subscription pay based game, considering the sheer number of people that the game is accessible to (the number of people who own PCs that support the game), as well as the fact that the game doesn't face quite the same problems by the number of people who can and will illegally download games (you can't play the game without paying the subscription fee), it would be expected to make more money than games not of quite the same nature.

Though that would all still apply to games like Final Fantasy XI and Ragnarok Online that literally smash WoW in terms of quality and yet don't generate nearly the same amount of revenue, so as I was saying, truly mind baffling.

Q'Anilia
I love Titanic happy

For KOS+/=MOS: While World of Warcraft may not be the perfect RPG, it's far from a failure (Both as a game and RPG). 11.000.000 active players and rising is living proof of that big grin

But you're a sock, so I'll refrain from ever adressing you again. It is, after all, a reportable offense to give you a reason to stick around. I'm not very eager to take a bullet (Or a ban) to keep you satisfied.

KOS+MOS
It would be living proof of that if commercial success was directly indicative of quality.

Nephthys
What about in Catch me if you can, he was super-hawt in that.

Wolverine2179
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
I love Titanic happy

For KOS+/=MOS: While World of Warcraft may not be the perfect RPG, it's far from a failure (Both as a game and RPG). 11.000.000 active players and rising is living proof of that big grin

But you're a sock, so I'll refrain from ever adressing you again. It is, after all, a reportable offense to give you a reason to stick around. I'm not very eager to take a bullet (Or a ban) to keep you satisfied. Dont bother arguing with this guy.

Q'Anilia
I won't smile

Red Nemesis
Neb just got smackzed. thumb up

Hewhoknowsall
Sidious shall be sent to prison.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.