SAG in regard to You Tube: SILLY!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FlyingVProd
I read on the Backstage.com message board that once you join SAG that you cannot do your own little videos for You Tube without first clearing it with SAG. I do not agree with SAG on that. If you are just doing your own little You Tube video, without any profit being made, you should be able to do it.

I do not think that SAG needs to be involved in anything unless a profit is being made. I am pro-union, but I do not agree that you should have to clear anything with SAG when there is no money involved.

And I feel sorry for the people whom joined SAG without ever having done anything to make a name for themselves, as they cannot even do their own little videos to have fun and promote themselves on You Tube without clearing it with SAG. The reason that I chose not to join SAG via vouchers for extra work is that I could not afford to join SAG that way, I would have to make enough money from a project to cover the cost of joining SAG, but I am glad that I did not join SAG yet because I can do You Tube videos and little shorts and stuff without any hassles. And when you do your own little videos and stuff, you can do whatever you want, you can be the star, and you can actually have lines. Some people joined SAG without even ever having said a line on film, and I am happy that I chose not to join that way.

Once I do join SAG, I will have to discuss the issue of You Tube videos and stuff with them.

All the best,

Tony V.

Mairuzu
lol.. sag

That ACDC Chick
weed

Phat_Crabs
I bizlong ta SAG, and doz mutha effers still owe me fifty dollerz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.