The Proposal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

edwinian
The previews for this look pretty funny. I like the idea of Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock togiether in a movie. Ryan is an extremely funny actor and Sandra looks great on the poster. I think this could be a fun light movie for the summer. Here's the trailer, any thoughts?

http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/photos/the-proposal-poster.jpg

jinXed by JaNx
omg, i love Sandra Bullock. She is so fine. It's good to see her again.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
omg, i love Sandra Bullock. She is so fine. It's good to see her again.

100% agreed. Its also nice to see RR in not so crude comedy again. I really like him.

SnakeEyes
I'll pass. I love Ryan Reynolds, but he's gotta stop doing these rom-coms.

jinXed by JaNx
You know, i was thinking the same thing and i even mentioned this to a friend. He did a search to see what RR has been in and it turns out that he has only been in a couple romance comedies. We both agreed though, it feels like that is all he ever does. I don't know why he can't find a good script. I genuinely like the guy and i think he has some depth but every time he attempts to get away from comedies he always misses the mark. I would like to see him do more comedy dramas without the romance. Chaos theory almost worked but it ended up being a wet noodle.

BruceSkywalker
always been a fan of sandra bulluck.. i will see this

MildPossession
To me, all that movie poster/plot makes me feel is, Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

edwinian
Yea if you think about it Ryan has a ton of range. He's able to do stuff like this, The Proposal, but also do more straight up comedies like Waiting an Van Wilder, and still more action films like Wolverine and Blade: Trinity. It really is a testament to his acting talents and just shows how versatile he really is.

Digi
Originally posted by edwinian
Yea if you think about it Ryan has a ton of range. He's able to do stuff like this, The Proposal, but also do more straight up comedies like Waiting an Van Wilder, and still more action films like Wolverine and Blade: Trinity. It really is a testament to his acting talents and just shows how versatile he really is.

His only purpose in any of those was comedy. Unless you count the fight scene at the end of Wolverine, which was far more computer-generated than "acting." So that's not really range at all.

Now, he might indeed have range. But we haven't seen it.

Hilarious dude though. I'll rent this some night as a compromise film when I have to appease my mom/girlfriend/whoever.

edwinian
While I would agree, yes his top skill is probably comedic acting, which again we both agree at that he's hilarious, but I think along with comedy, he also brings a sense of "every guy" and down to earth to his roles. He just comes across very natural. Plus, I think he was more serious than funny in Smokin Aces, or Amityville Horror.

freeursoul28
Id check this out only for sandra bullock but 'waiting' with ryan reynolds was 'effin hilarious so this may be good...

edwinian
Sandra is looking incredible in the trailer and clips that I have seen. Crazy to think that she's over 40! Collider has 6 clips from the film (no real spoilers) that are all pretty funny. Seems like her and Ryan have a hilarious/great rapport together.

mark_it
Thanks

cinelover
Sandra is just awesome..

edwinian
Agreed, she's pretty excellent in those clips. I think the Going to Sitka one is my favorite. The way her and Ryan go back and forth is pretty funny, and is a good showcase for their comedic acting skills.

Mr. Rhythmic
Sandra Bullock is so damn hot.

edwinian
Here are some photos of Sandra and Ryan at the premiere of the film. Sandra again is looking great. I'm looking forward to checking this out this weekend.

sheila143
Sandra is looking amazing,hope she done a great job in the movie

allofyousuckkk
this movie was really good.

regieeallen
Nice film can watch it online watch-movie-online-free.com/

Jaeh.is.Awesome
need to watch this. looks good and funny.

Kaibs
I saw it last week... it was pretty good surprisingly. The misses drug me to it when we were vacationing. RR was pretty good in it as was Bullock. It was pretty hilarious when she was dancing with Betty White ( for those who saw the movie already)

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...its not out here yet. *sigh*

Mr Parker
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
need to watch this. looks good and funny.

yeah you need to watch this,just saw it over the weekend,it IS funny and really good.

Mr. Rhythmic
It was pretty good. It started off really, really strong, but went downhill on the third act. The moment they did the dancing scene in the woods, the comedy automatically became less clever and more juvenile. However, everything before that was a pleasant surprise.
I also really loved Ryan Reynolds in this. If anything, he's the source of every single funny moment.

teamB_macro
i've been meaning to see this. sandra bullock knows how to work romantic-comedies

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.