Galactus vs. Imperiex Prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Scribe
http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/vtrl18uet8bcsgjs8qgd_thumb.jpg

Versus

http://www.imageurlhost.com/images/3pkra3l9a791egtdfew_thumb.gif

Utrigita
I like Marvel: Galactus for the win.

I like DC: Imperiex Prime for the win.

I think that is basically what this normally comes down too.

Endless Mike
Done before

Xplosive
Rulk wins. Kidding.

I don't know. It probably really depends which side you choose, so I choose Galactus. After all after unstppable Rulk rampage, Galactus easily stopped him. smile

Lord Feron
Batman, Doesn't matter who is fighting batman always wins!

xJLxKing
It's been done before. A lot of times

The Scribe
Originally posted by Utrigita

Unfortunately.
People need to think before they comment.
You know a quick search and anyone can read about the
character(s) before they comment. wink

Picking sides before you know the character's powers and abilities is ludicrous.

It's as bad as Marvel vs DC's: Wolverine vs Lobo. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Done before

Thanks for your insight. goof

Wei Phoenix
Didn't Galan survive the Big Bang which is what turned him into Galactus?

id369
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Didn't Galan survive the Big Bang which is what turned him into Galactus? Not exactly. I think the Sentience of that dieing universe merged Galan, allowing him to survive the entire fiasco.

Utrigita
Originally posted by id369
Not exactly. I think the Sentience of that dieing universe merged Galan, allowing him to survive the entire fiasco.

thumb up

illadelph12
If G-Unit is packing the UN I'd tend to pick him.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by id369
Not exactly. I think the Sentience of that dieing universe merged Galan, allowing him to survive the entire fiasco.

Ah thanks for the clarification.

Enyalus
Galactus wins.

vlaaad12345
Depends on how fully fed he is.

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita

thumb up

Galan007
Imp.

Bouboumaster
I say Galactus. The dude can't loose, he stop Red Hulk with but a mere eye beam.

And that feat alone >>> all the other feat of Galactus.
If RULK, the one with the biggest jobber aura and the power of Loeb have been owned with that, what chances Imperiex really have?

Enyalus
Imperiex stopped a bloodlusted Doomsday with a raised hand. stick out tongue

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Enyalus
Imperiex stopped a bloodlusted Doomsday with a raised hand. stick out tongue

Rulk would beat the shit out of Doomsday and kill him with his pimp gun. Wait for him to resurrect and punch the shit out of him to show just how bad ass he is.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Rulk would beat the shit out of Doomsday and kill him with his pimp gun. Wait for him to resurrect and punch the shit out of him to show just how bad ass he is.
Probably. sad

Charmander
G-Lac

Naija boy
Galactus

guy222
http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1772742_MA_Fantastic_Four_48_2009_GreenGiant_008.jpg http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1772743_MA_Fantastic_Four_48_2009_GreenGiant_009.jpg http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1772744_MA_Fantastic_Four_48_2009_GreenGiant_010.jpg http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1772745_MA_Fantastic_Four_48_2009_GreenGiant_021.jpg http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1772746_MA_Fantastic_Four_48_2009_GreenGiant_022.jpg

Philosophía
^that last scan is homoerotic.

Imperiex ftw.

Enyalus

Charmander
The second scan/bottom panel is worse IMO

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

Juntai
Originally posted by Galan007
Imp.

occultdestroyer
Stalemate

Tenebrous
Is that thanos with annihilus? Why does he look anorexic?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Tenebrous
Is that thanos with annihilus? Why does he look anorexic?

The real question is: What the heck is he doing there!? And in the old outfit!?

And why they look like that ghey?

Bentley
This thread has been done hundreds of times.

The Scribe
Originally posted by Bentley
This thread has been done hundreds of times.

Not really. I did a search and maybe a few times, not hundreds.

Stop lying to boost your post count. stick out tongue

Wild Shadow
ultimate nullifier fftw

iceman24567
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
ultimate nullifier fftw Nah

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Nah Do you think that Imperiex can survive the un?

TricksterPriest
Hard to say. Imperiex had to be dissipated by tossing him at the original big bang. I really doubt Galactus can erase the big bang. And I'm not even sure if it's a good idea to begin with.

From an analytical point of view, let's assume Galactus thinks about Imperiex pre-fight or during the fight. Imperiex is the big bang and entropy incarnate. Erasing him might END THE UNIVERSE. And even Galactus can't tank the big bang if he breaks the armor. It's a catch-22.

If he breaks the armor, he dies in the blast. If he erases Imperiex, the universe flares out in a temporal paradox taking him with it. Assuming he can erase him in the first place.

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Hard to say. Imperiex had to be dissipated by tossing him at the original big bang. I really doubt Galactus can erase the big bang. And I'm not even sure if it's a good idea to begin with.

From an analytical point of view, let's assume Galactus thinks about Imperiex pre-fight or during the fight. Imperiex is the big bang and entropy incarnate. Erasing him might END THE UNIVERSE. And even Galactus can't tank the big bang if he breaks the armor. It's a catch-22.

If he breaks the armor, he dies in the blast. If he erases Imperiex, the universe flares out in a temporal paradox taking him with it. Assuming he can erase him in the first place. The un erases him. It can negate the mutiverse.

iceman24567
The Un is not standard gear.

quanchi112
The Un is not standard gear. To Galactus it is.

Enyalus
Galactus doesn't need the UN to beat Imperiex.

And people using the UN argument need to stop it. Its as lame as the Omega Sanctioning Exitar argument.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by quanchi112
The un erases him. It can negate the mutiverse.

BLIND. CAN'T READ. Re-read what I wrote and come back when you have higher than a 4th grade education. Do the words temporal paradox and causality mean anything to you?

quanchi112
BLIND. CAN'T READ. Re-read what I wrote and come back when you have higher than a 4th grade education. Do the words temporal paradox and causality mean anything to you? I don't think you understand what the un actually does.

iceman24567
To Galactus it is. Nope it isn't

quanchi112
Nope it isn't Yes, it is.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/FantasticFourv349-15-1.jpg

iceman24567
Yes, it is.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/FantasticFourv349-15-1.jpg That doesn't make it standard gear so nope.

quanchi112
That doesn't make it standard gear so nope. I just proved it's as common to him as his own heart. I knew you would deny it with no rebuttal whatsoever other than a nuh uh.

TricksterPriest

If he breaks the armor, he dies in the blast. If he erases Imperiex, the universe flares out in a temporal paradox taking him with it. Assuming he can erase him in the first place.

Somebody other than Mr. Schmuck bait incarnate want to comment on this idea?

xJLxKing
I just proved it's as common to him as his own heart. I knew you would deny it with no rebuttal whatsoever other than a nuh uh.
When has he used it?

iceman24567
The UN isn't standard gear it could be as common as a cold that doesn't make it standard gear.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
When has he used it? Here.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/fantasticfourannual2407xi4.jpg

quanchi112
The UN isn't standard gear it could be as common as a cold that doesn't make it standard gear. It is to Galactus. He doesn't use it in every story but it's still a viable option.

xJLxKing
So just that one time?

xJLxKing
It is to Galactus. He doesn't use it in every story but it's still a viable option.
just like God blast. He has low chance of him using it.

quanchi112
So just that one time? It's still a viable option and it is his tech. I think in this scenario he would definitely use it.

quanchi112
just like God blast. He has low chance of him using it. Depends on the circumstances and the threat level.

Enyalus

To thought #1, I do not believe Galactus would die. It killed Superman, sure. But they were counting on cracking his armor in order to restore the galaxies he absorbed.

To thought #2, Imperiex wasn't the 'omni-temporal threat'. B-13 was. Yes, Imperiex was fighting him at the end of the universe. In that future timeline. And he was beaten. So there would be no paradox if he was beaten in the present timeline.

Allankles
Depends on the circumstances and the threat level.

They behave an awful lot like the Omega Effect. wink

TricksterPriest
To thought #1, I do not believe Galactus would die. It killed Superman, sure. But they were counting on cracking his armor in order to restore the galaxies he absorbed.

To thought #2, Imperiex wasn't the 'omni-temporal threat'. B-13 was. Yes, Imperiex was fighting him at the end of the universe. In that future timeline. And he was beaten. So there would be no paradox if he was beaten in the present timeline.

Completely missed the point, eh? roll eyes (sarcastic) Using your 'interpretation' there is no problem.

However, if we read the actual book, we see Imperiex is the big bang and part of the original big bang. Therefore, yes there is a problem with causality. And since Galactus himself has said he would need to leave the universe at the end (assuming that is canon), I'm assuming he can't tank the armor shattering.

Can Galactus tank a big bang? IMO, hell nah.
Would there be a causality problem if he erased Imperiex? I have no idea, hence why I'm asking.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
They behave an awful lot like the Omega Effect. wink Except the fact that the omega beams have failed before. erm

psycho gundam
quan is correct regarding the un by a technicality, dude can recall it whenver he wants and it's power is supposed to be the manifestation of what galactus represents.

but....standard tech as we know it on kmc kinda clashes with the relationship galactus has with the un.

imo, a whole new thread could be made just trying to figure out if it's legal or not. maybe a mod (or mr master) could clear it up.

Allankles
Except the fact that the omega beams have failed before. erm

Once. Against Mxy.

Enyalus
Completely missed the point, eh? roll eyes (sarcastic) Using your 'interpretation' there is no problem.
I didn't. But I get what you were getting at now.

However, if we read the actual book, we see Imperiex is the big bang and part of the original big bang. Therefore, yes there is a problem with causality.
Said he was the Big Bang personified. Didn't say he was the Big Bang. He was in fact born from the Big Bang. This is pretty evident when he gets killed...he realizes the flaw in the creation of the universe. If he was around from the very beginning, AKA being the Big Bang....well, you see where this is going?

And since Galactus himself has said he would need to leave the universe at the end (assuming that is canon), I'm assuming he can't tank the armor shattering.
That was from a Marvel Adventures book, which are always non-canon. smile

Can Galactus tank a big bang? IMO, hell nah.
He contained the energies of all the galaxies he had absorbed up to that point. He didn't have the full power of the Big Bang yet. Its stated on panel and I have the scan if you won't take my word for it.

Would there be a causality problem if he erased Imperiex? I have no idea, hence why I'm asking.
Ah, okay. Anywho, I think its pretty conclusive that Imperiex isn't the Big Bang. Um...if Galactus erases Imperiex with the UN, I don't know, even taking into account what I said. But I don't go for that angle 'cause its cheap lol.

quanchi112
Originally posted by psycho gundam
quan is correct regarding the un by a technicality, dude can recall it whenver he wants and it's power is supposed to be the manifestation of what galactus represents.

but....standard tech as we know it on kmc kinda clashes with the relationship galactus has with the un.

imo, a whole new thread could be made just trying to figure out if it's legal or not. maybe a mod (or mr master) could clear it up. I think it has to do with the threat level he faces. He isn't going to whip it out against Odin, but someone like Imperiex or Abraxas I could see him doing so.

Enyalus
Once. Against Mxy.
And Doomsday. And Superman's HV. And Diana's bracers. Etc.

Srsly. Quit it. stick out tongue

vlaaad12345
I already shut down the imperiex is only the energy he took from the galaxies he destroyed argument before enyalus,people much smarter and who have access to much higher cosmic knowledge than the person who talked about that flat out say imperiex is the very force of entropy and rebirth.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
I already shut down the imperiex is only the energy he took from the galaxies he destroyed argument before enyalus,people much smarter and who have access to much higher cosmic knowledge than the person who talked about that flat out say imperiex is the very force of entropy and rebirth.
Which is =/= Big Bang.

vlaaad12345
Entropy>>>big bang.

Allankles
And Doomsday. And Superman's HV. And Diana's bracers. Etc.

Srsly. Quit it. stick out tongue

I'm talking about the OE (you know..the total wipe out), not the disintergration beams.

Enyalus
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
Entropy>>>big bang.
Okay.

But, that would avoid there being a temporal paradox, which is what I was arguing against.

psycho gundam
I think it has to do with the threat level he faces. He isn't going to whip it out against Odin, but someone like Imperiex or Abraxas I could see him doing so. that's not really the point, i think standard tech has more to do with how much character X wears/carries/uses/pilots said item(s).

in the case of the un, imo. it's difficult to say since the un is technically a dismembered part of galactus' power/being/representation of sorts, but at the same time he seldom uses it or carries it with him.

quanchi112
that's not really the point, i think standard tech has more to do with how much character X wears/carries/uses/pilots said item(s).

in the case of the un, imo. it's difficult to say since the un is technically a dismembered part of galactus' power/being/representation of sorts, but at the same time he seldom uses it or carries it with him. I disagree as I have already proved he can use it when he wants to. The point is the un is usually only used against the bigger threats. This I think qualifies as a bigger threat.

We can argue for Thor using the godblast based on the situation as well. We don't negate abilities and powers just because they are rarely used.

TricksterPriest
Hey Quan, in case you forgot, the UN has failed before too. It resealed Abraxas, it didn't kill him. Magus blocked it with 4 gems of the IG by redirecting the beams. And I'm reasonably sure there's at least one more.

quanchi112
Hey Quan, in case you forgot, the UN has failed before too. It resealed Abraxas, it didn't kill him. Magus blocked it with 4 gems of the IG by redirecting the beams. And I'm reasonably sure there's at least one more. It beat Abraxas so it served it's purpose. The ig can defeat it imo, but that's neither here nor there with respect to Imperiex Prime.

King Kandy
BLIND. CAN'T READ. Re-read what I wrote and come back when you have higher than a 4th grade education. Do the words temporal paradox and causality mean anything to you?
Do the words "neutral setting" mean anything to you?

Charmander
I disagree as I have already proved he can use it when he wants to. The point is the un is usually only used against the bigger threats. This I think qualifies as a bigger threat.
He only used it once against Korvac... and that was only because that was the easiest way to destroy him... from many galaxies away. And he only did it because he robbed him, not because of who it was.
Korvac is by no means a big threat to Galactus...

You'd think he'd have used it against Beyonder, Agamotto, etc.

Plus, Galactus' entire Worldship being used has more basis than the UN... as he actually recalled the thing from a place he couldn't see, and from a place half a universe away... and he always uses the damn thing.
Should this also be in the thread?

D_Dude1210
Hey Quan, in case you forgot, the UN has failed before too. It resealed Abraxas, it didn't kill him. Magus blocked it with 4 gems of the IG by redirecting the beams. And I'm reasonably sure there's at least one more.

Quasar also managed to "survive" getting nullified.

iceman24567
The Un is not standard gear.

psycho gundam
^ i still think there should be an official ruling on that.

quanchi112
Once. Against Mxy. That's all I need on top of the times the omega beams have failed.Originally posted by Charmander
He only used it once against Korvac... and that was only because that was the easiest way to destroy him... from many galaxies away. And he only did it because he robbed him, not because of who it was.
Korvac is by no means a big threat to Galactus...

You'd think he'd have used it against Beyonder, Agamotto, etc.

Plus, Galactus' entire Worldship being used has more basis than the UN... as he actually recalled the thing from a place he couldn't see, and from a place half a universe away... and he always uses the damn thing.
Should this also be in the thread? It is rarely used in comics, but the un was used against Abraxas and was attempted against the ig. My point is made and is very credible. My scan proves it is standard gear and a part of his overall power.

xJLxKing
That's all I need on top of the times the omega beams have failed. It is rarely used in comics, but the un was used against Abraxas and was attempted against the ig. My point is made and is very credible. My scan proves it is standard gear and a part of his overall power.
Yet, the chances of him using it are very little, so you have no point whatsoever.

iceman24567
^ i still think there should be an official ruling on that. It would make things alot easier.

quanchi112
Yet, the chances of him using it are very little, so you have no point whatsoever. It depends on the threat level. How don't you get it?

xJLxKing
It depends on the threat level. How don't you get it?
So you think he will use it here?

quanchi112
So you think he will use it here? I already said that.

Charmander
That's all I need on top of the times the omega beams have failed. It is rarely used in comics, but the un was used against Abraxas and was attempted against the ig. My point is made and is very credible. My scan proves it is standard gear and a part of his overall power.

It was also attempted on Galactus ala Reed... and made Galactus flee to another dimension ala Tyrant bot/Morg...

Either way, all four times were not Galactus using the UN.

And my point (that you ignored) proves that using your logic; the Worldship is part of his overall power, and standard gear.

Standard gear is something like Mjolnir, or a gun for Deadpool (note: gun is not part of Deadpool's heart). It is something that is actually used by the character a bit in comics, and it does not automatically equate into standard gear just because a Galactus recalled it (to save himself) and said it was part of his heart...

Hell, this actually makes Galactus seem weaker than he is, as he apparently (due to relentless posts about it) needs the UN to combat Imperiex.
Galactus doesn't win in that case. Galactus with the UN does. erm

I don't know why I even posted against this since this will just bounce off your head, and go back to "my scan..."
meh

quanchi112
Originally posted by Charmander
It was also attempted on Galactus ala Reed... and made Galactus flee to another dimension ala Tyrant bot/Morg...

Either way, all four times were not Galactus using the UN.

And my point (that you ignored) proves that using your logic; the Worldship is part of his overall power, and standard gear.

Standard gear is something like Mjolnir, or a gun for Deadpool (note: gun is not part of Deadpool's heart). It is something that is actually used by the character a bit in comics, and it does not automatically equate into standard gear just because a Galactus recalled it (to save himself) and said it was part of his heart...

Hell, this actually makes Galactus seem weaker than he is, as he apparently (due to relentless posts about it) needs the UN to combat Imperiex.
Galactus doesn't win in that case. Galactus with the UN does. erm Yes, it was used against Abraxas. Galactus can do so but chose not to.

No, his worldship was never described like he described the heart. if you have a scan where he does so I'll agree with you.

This is like a godblast. He rarely uses it but can do so at any time imo.

Charmander
Yes, it was used against Abraxas. Galactus can do so but chose not to.

No, his worldship was never described like he described the heart. if you have a scan where he does so I'll agree with you.

This is like a godblast. He rarely uses it but can do so at any time imo.
I never said it wasn't.
He chose not to, just like he did in every appearance out of hundreds he's been in... outside of one.

It doesn't have to be described like your heart to be standard gear...
Fact is, he uses his Worldship more than the UN, and he has also recalled it.

BTW, CIS is turned on on the forum... a fact you agree with:
The point is he uses his speed here and there in fights, but never the entire time to run laps around the other person. Hulk was man enough to counter Glads' attempts at winning the fight. This is kmc not cbr.

CIS says Galactus doesn't use his UN as well.

xJLxKing
Quanchi just got owned

quanchi112
I never said it wasn't.
He chose not to, just like he did in every appearance out of hundreds he's been in... outside of one.

It doesn't have to be described like your heart to be standard gear...
Fact is, he uses his Worldship more than the UN, and he has also recalled it.

BTW, CIS is turned on on the forum... a fact you agree with:

CIS says Galactus doesn't use his UN as well. It does have to be described in such a manner to be comparable to the un. I presented that as my evidence. The un was used against the ig, Korvac, Abraxas. What else do you need to know?

It's rarely used, but my scan proves it is a part of him. You want to argue based on the amount of times he has used this. I say he uses it or brings it into play in the bigger scenarios which he has done.

I have proven my case while you haven't.

Pretty simple.

iceman24567
Quanchi just got owned yes Like i said the UN is not standard gear.

xJLxKing
yes Like i said the UN is not standard gear.
It can be close to his as his heart but it doesn't mean he will use it.

Wild Shadow
galan charges up to as high a lvl as possible with the re obsorbing the world ship and going for a beatdown on imperiex

Charmander
It does have to be described in such a manner to be comparable to the un. I presented that as my evidence. The un was used against the ig, Korvac, Abraxas. What else do you need to know?

It's rarely used, but my scan proves it is a part of him. You want to argue based on the amount of times he has used this. I say he uses it or brings it into play in the bigger scenarios which he has done.

Pretty simple.

Why would it have to be described in such a manner? Either way, home is where the heart is. smile
You're not telling me anything I don't know... and you're not even using times Galactus has used it... lol

'Part on him' doesn't mean it's standard gear, or in character...
There is no argument, just you saying that one scan makes it in character and standard gear.
He never brings it out for bigger scenarios...
He brought it out because he was robbed... by Korvac... which is one of the smallest things to happen to him...
Abraxas stole it from the heroes after they collected it from the multiverse.
He was persuaded to let Quasar use it against Magus.
Uatu showed Torch where it was (to use against Galactus).
Morg had Air Walker find it for him (Tyrant).
Hell, the UN apparently isn't even with him right now...

You've proven nothing. I mean, well, what is there to say?
Just because you're arrogant doesn't mean you did anything.

Also:
You want to argue based on the amount of times he has used this. I say...

lulz

And Conan.
But first, why don't you PM Bada with this concern of yours Quan, and see what his ruling is. I mean, UN = Standard tech/In character (although you ignored the in character part completely).
smile

kevdude
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
galan charges up to as high a lvl as possible with the re obsorbing the world ship and going for a beatdown on imperiex

He can charge up to as much as he wants he still won't be beating Imperiex Prime (an Entropy being). Thats like saying he beats Marvel Entropy sick

Enyalus
Considering Galan's survived almost total entropy once already, I see no reason why he'd have difficulty with Imperiex's nature...

kevdude
Considering Galan's survived almost total entropy once already, I see no reason why he'd have difficulty with Imperiex's nature...

Imperiex's and Marvel Entropy's nature is ending everything and restarting it, that would include Galan.

quanchi112
Why would it have to be described in such a manner? Either way, home is where the heart is. smile
You're not telling me anything I don't know... and you're not even using times Galactus has used it... lol

'Part on him' doesn't mean it's standard gear, or in character...
There is no argument, just you saying that one scan makes it in character and standard gear.
He never brings it out for bigger scenarios...
He brought it out because he was robbed... by Korvac... which is one of the smallest things to happen to him...
Abraxas stole it from the heroes after they collected it from the multiverse.
He was persuaded to let Quasar use it against Magus.
Uatu showed Torch where it was (to use against Galactus).
Morg had Air Walker find it for him (Tyrant).
Hell, the UN apparently isn't even with him right now...

You've proven nothing. I mean, well, what is there to say?
Just because you're arrogant doesn't mean you did anything.

Also:
lulz

And Conan.
But first, why don't you PM Bada with this concern of yours Quan, and see what his ruling is. I mean, UN = Standard tech/In character (although you ignored the in character part completely).
smile There is an example of him doing so. There is also an example of him easily summoning the un unto himself and permitting Reed to use it.

I have already explained this. I could care less about the frequency of the times he has used this in comics. It is still a part of his overall power.

It was used against Abraxas. It happened right in that story. Galactus agreed to let them use it against the Magus. If he disagreed you'd have a point, but since he agreed well you know where this is going.

Classically the un is a part of his powerset. That's what I am arguing for. I don't care to pm moderators about what we can and can't argue for. It seems you like to be told what to do and want to have the moderators flat out decide what we can argue for and against.
I already proved my points. Galactus can and will use it here imo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.