Stephen King on a Silent Hill movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Stephen King's movies are scary and messed up and this is what defines the horrors that is Silent Hill so I was wondering, what if Stephen King worked on a Silent Hill movie? What do you think?

jinXed by JaNx
It would either be a masterpiece or a mediocre story that is on the brink of being genius but is weighed down by an overly convoluted plot and pointless descriptions. Either way, i imagine it would be Leagues better than than the story that the first movie adopted. I'm going to go ahead and contradict my entire post and say that a great Director would be better suited for making a good movie, rather than a Master of literature.

dadudemon
I really enjoyed the first Silent Hill. I thought it was quite good, except for some elements of the end.

Kazenji
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I'm going to go ahead and contradict my entire post and say that a great Director would be better suited for making a good movie, rather than a Master of literature.

Frank Darabont, he seems to be the only director these days that does a decent job of adapting Kings work.

siriuswriter
If King were allowed some authority with the making of the movie, right to edit screen play
King is generally known to be enthusiastic about the change that comes when you turn a book into a movie, and if it's his book, then then he would know what to cut, what was really important in the story, and things he could chip off a little.

mrah. and so that whole rant was BRING THE KING OF SCREAM ONBOARD.!!

steverules_2
I never quite understand the ending of the first movie

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Kazenji
Frank Darabont, he seems to be the only director these days that does a decent job of adapting Kings work.

Yeah man, i agree. Storm of the Century was his best miniseries and thats probably because he actually wrote the Teleplay. Maybe that is the problem. He needs to write the damn stories as though he is writing them for a movie. I think Del toro should go talk to HBO and get them to greenlight a, Stand, miniseries as long as King writes and Del Toro directs. laughing out loud

MildPossession
Silent Hill was fine anyway, and it had an excellent director working on it, it was mostly the script that let some of it down, don't know what happened when they had Roger Avary writing it...

Stephen King should stay away from it, unless he is only writing it, but get someone else to direct it if he must make another Silent Hill film... he needs to stay away from that actual side of film making and trying to change things. He learnt that from his version of The Shining... please.

Definitely, The Mist was fantastic, and he even made the choice for the better ending compared to the original story.

Kazenji
Originally posted by MildPossession

Definitely, The Mist was fantastic, and he even made the choice for the better ending compared to the original story.

also The Shawshank Redempton and The Green Mile.

Patient_Leech
I kind of had a temptation to see Silent Hill again... (this thread was as close as I could find to the movie thread). I remember kind of liking it. I don't remember it being perfect, but I thought it was kind of fun. Plus I like Radha Mitchell, so that helps..

Esau Cairn
I honestly can't see Stephen King associated in any way with Silent Hill.

For me, it would be Clive Barker who is far more darker & disturbing with his writing...
HellRaiser & NightBreed (he directed), CandyMan & Midnight Meat Train (he produced).

I mean Barker can capture horror & suspense in one short story (Books Of Blood) that takes King an entire novel to achieve.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.