Proemial gods VS Anit-monitor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

stormultt
confused

TricksterPriest
Do not send weaklings against AM. It just makes him mad.

Charmander
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Do not send weaklings against AM. It just makes him mad. That he loses to them?

TricksterPriest
Aside from Tenebrous and Aegis, they have no feats. And the only real feat those 2 have is ambushing Galactus when he was weakened. No galaxy blast, no way to stop the wave.

Charmander
Odin can do a galaxy destroying blast, guess he beats AM, and is more powerful than all the Gods put together... ?

You mean they couldn't move out of the way of the less than spectacular sized wave coming at them?

Enyalus
COIE AM wins.

SC AM gets crushed. Hard.

Harbinger
Originally posted by Enyalus
COIE AM wins.

guy222
^^agreed

Galan007
Aside from A&T teaming up to beat a hungry Galactus, aren't the Proemial Gods featless?

If so, how can their power be quantified?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
Aside from A&T teaming up to beat a hungry Galactus, aren't the Proemial Gods featless?
'Cept Galactus wasn't hungry at the time. It was a regular Galactus.

Each of the Proemial Gods are around Galactus' level. A little weaker. A little stronger. Whatever. Same ballpark.

Utrigita
'Cept Galactus wasn't hungry at the time. It was a regular Galactus.

depends...

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Tenebrous%20Aegis/galactusoffguard.jpg

On how you read this scan, imo it points to Galactus being weak, coupled with the fact that they was fighting on Planet and that Thanos apparently got easily hold of Galactus equipment could indicate that Galactus ship was in orbit. It's normally only in orbit when he is setting up his elemental Converter

TricksterPriest
Not to mention that Galactus stomped all of these guys back in the early history of the universe.

Enyalus
Not to mention that Galactus stomped all of these guys back in the early history of the universe.
Nah. A war between the Proemial Gods happened. A bunch were killed by each other. Galactus imprisoned Aegis and Tenebrous himself. Beyond that, we don't know.

Utrigita
Well we doesn't know for fact how many he defeated/killed by himself, but we know that Diableri sought out to kill Galactus, probably to ensure that Galactus didn't interfere in the war and turn the tide against him, which could indicate (also given Galactus conversation with Surfer) that the war was still raging at that point, and when Diableri failed then Galactus interfered. We know that atleast Four of the Gods was Slain/defeated by Galactus, one of those being the father of the Watchers and the weakest of the Gods. I'm not very familiar with the whole Kyln prison but looking at it, it appears as if more then three gods was imprisoned.

http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/8/8a/The_Kyln_Prison.jpg

Galan007
'Cept Galactus wasn't hungry at the time. It was a regular Galactus. Read "Annihilation: Silver Surfer" #4. The events in that comic directly proceed the events of "Annihilation" #1 (in which A&T own Galactus.)

In the former comic, Galactus states that he "must feed," and sends Surfer to find him a planet.

Each of the Proemial Gods are around Galactus' level. A little weaker. A little stronger. Whatever. Same ballpark. Based on what? A&T are pretty much the only P-Gods with actual feats, and they were both imprisoned by Galactus alone.

Enyalus
Read "Annihilation: Silver Surfer" #4. The events in that comic directly proceed the events of "Annihilation" #1 (in which A&T own Galactus.)

In the former comic, Galactus states that he "must feed," and sends Surfer to find him a planet.

Based on what? A&T are pretty much the only P-Gods with actual feats, and they were both imprisoned by Galactus alone.
Look, all that really needs to be pointed out here is that:

My opinion > Your on-panel facts.

Galan007
Look, all that really needs to be pointed out here is that:

My opinion > Your on-panel facts. doh

Damn I'm rusty today...

Enyalus
doh

Damn I'm rusty today...
Poor dude. sad

Do you agree with this:
COIE AM wins.

?

stormultt

XDD

Galan007
Poor dude. sad

Do you agree with this:

? Yeppers.

Enyalus
Yeppers.
That's all that really matters, then. Now we can hold hands and sing Hakuna Matata.

Galan007
That's all that really matters, then. Now we can hold hands and sing Hakuna Matata. Meh, I don't really like that song. How about we reenact the volleyball scene from Top Gun instead?:

G36VaaEJi6I

I'll be Maverick, you can be Goose. Kay? ermmhappy

Enyalus
I'll be Maverick, you can be Goose. Kay? ermmhappy
lol. Why'd you have to remind me of how homoerotic that damn movie is?

Galan007
lol. Why'd you have to remind me of how homoerotic that damn movie is? It just makes me laugh every time I see it...

Plus I knew it would be right up your alley. stick out tongue

Enyalus
You know me well.

theICONiac
What are the 'Promialaielda laelaal' gods anyhow???

Enyalus
Originally posted by theICONiac
What are the 'Promialaielda laelaal' gods anyhow???
I think they represent fundamental concepts of the early universe and wield vast stores of Power Cosmic.

theICONiac
I think they represent fundamental concepts of the early universe and wield vast stores of Power Cosmic.

And they are Marvel? What are they in?

Enyalus
Originally posted by theICONiac
And they are Marvel? What are they in?
Yeah, Marvel. During the Annihilation event. Aegis and Tenebrous were two of them.

WhiteWitchKing
Read "Annihilation: Silver Surfer" #4. The events in that comic directly proceed the events of "Annihilation" #1 (in which A&T own Galactus.)

In that comic you're referring too, it was Annihilation Day plus 21 when Surfer beat Ravenous and set off to find a planet for Galactus. In Surfer #3, it was Annihilation Day plus 20 when Tenebrous and Aegis make their first appearance wondering about the Kyln. Thanos made an alliance with Aegis and Tenebrous on Annihilation Day plus 40. There's a gap of 19 days for Surfer to find a planet. I highly doubt it would take that long for Surfer to find a planet.

And that's all we know, he imprisoned them - not the method in which he used to beat them. He could've used tech or prep to beat them. According to Extrapia, both T&A are Galactus level beings (or around the ballpark from my understanding). By Galactus' own statement they were far worse than Beyonder. He never regarded them as inferior to him in power or that it would be a walk in the park. They're likely in the same league, with Galactus at the high end of this tier compared to most Proemial Gods. Not sure how he beat Diableri but he could only contain T&A using the crunch (Surfer #3). By the way, Tenebrous' was edging Galactus out in their fight.

Enyalus
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
In that comic you're referring too, it was Annihilation Day plus 21 when Surfer beat Ravenous and set off to find a planet for Galactus. In Surfer #3, it was Annihilation Day plus 20 when Tenebrous and Aegis make their first appearance wondering about the Kyln. Thanos made an alliance with Aegis and Tenebrous on Annihilation Day plus 40. There's a gap of 19 days for Surfer to find a planet. I highly doubt it would take that long for Surfer to find a planet.

And that's all we know, he imprisoned them - not the method in which he used to beat them. He could've used tech or prep to beat them. According to Extrapia, both T&A are Galactus level beings (or around the ballpark from my understanding). By Galactus' own statement they were far worse than Beyonder. He never regarded them as inferior to him in power or that it would be a walk in the park. They're likely in the same league, with Galactus at the high end of this tier. Not sure how he beat Diableri but he could only contain T&A using the crunch (Surfer #3).
See bro? You did the research I was too lazy to do. Props on that. thumb up

WhiteWitchKing
See bro? You did the research I was too lazy to do. Props on that. thumb up

Got the issues in my computer so I decided to see what Galan was talking about; it paid off. big grin

Mr Master

I think they represent fundamental concepts of the early universe

and wield vast stores of Power Cosmic.
Not exactly good friend,
the fundamental concepts have always been the same since the Big Bang.

On the other hand,
they did wield vast power, at and/or around normal Galactus level.

And that's all we know, he imprisoned them - not the method in which he used to beat them. He could've used tech or prep to beat them. According to Extrapia, both T&A are Galactus level beings (or around the ballpark from my understanding). By Galactus' own statement they were far worse than Beyonder. He never regarded them as inferior to him in power or that it would be a walk in the park. They're likely in the same league, with Galactus at the high end of this tier compared to most Proemial Gods. Not sure how he beat Diableri but he could only contain T&A using the crunch (Surfer #3). By the way, Tenebrous' was edging Galactus out in their fight.
thumb up I was about to make this correction, you beat me to it.

Galan007
There's a gap of 19 days for Surfer to find a planet. I highly doubt it would take that long for Surfer to find a planet. There's no way to be sure. But since we never saw Galactus feed, and since no claims were made that he had fed, I personally won't just assume he had.

And that's all we know, he imprisoned them - not the method in which he used to beat them. He could've used tech or prep to beat them. We also know that a mere herald of Galactus is capable of channeling sufficient crunch-energies to beat T&A, on his own (tech and prep free.) That said, I'm sure Galactus himself would be more than capable of doing so, both under his own power, and unaided by tech/prep as well.

And imo, this scan also points to the above:
http://img37.imageshack.us/my.php?image=68373825.jpg

According to Extrapia, both T&A are Galactus level beings (or around the ballpark from my understanding). The P-Gods may very well be in the same ballpark as Galactus. What I'm saying is that because T&A are really the only ones with feats, we can't make a general (and accurate) statement that each of the P-Gods are in the same league as Galactus, because we have no basis whatsoever in which to accurately quantify their individual powers.

WhiteWitchKing
There's no way to be sure. But since we never saw Galactus feed, and since no claims were made that he had fed, I personally won't just assume he had.

It was never mentioned that he was hungry either when they fought. In fact, it was mentioned that both T & A were Galactus' equal right before the fight panels with the intention of giving readers a measure of T & A's power. If it was intended that he was hungry during that fight, it would have been mentioned, asterisked, and referenced back to Silver Surfer #4. Even during Heralds of Galactus, Galactus never says his hunger was an issue during that fight - the Galactus that always moans and bitches about his hunger weaking him.

By the way, I'm not asking you to assume. You already made the assumption that he was hungry by referencing Surfer #4 where he said he needed to feed. But you missed or ignored that Thanos made an alliance with T & A 19 days after Surfer went looking for a planet (SS #4) and the unknown time T & A took to find/start their attack (# Annihilation #1). Nowhere during that Tenebrous' fight with Galactus was it said Galactus was hungry - you assumed he was.

Well, Galactus knows he could not beat them that's why he used the Crunch energies to bind them in the first place. It's the Crunch that held them. Surfer killed them using the Crunch, I think, and even than Galactus was extremely impressed by that feat. If Galactus himself could kill them using the Crunch he would have the first time.

As for tech/prep, I meant that we don't know how Galactus beat Diableri and his horde of Gods during the old war.

I can agree with that; all members of any pantheon vary in powers.

Enyalus
And imo, this scan also points to the above:
http://img37.imageshack.us/my.php?image=68373825.jpg

Surfer looks kinda like Doctor Manhattan in the bottom right panel, lol.

Philosophía
Only dickless.

Enyalus

Utrigita
It was never mentioned that he was hungry either when they fought. In fact, it was mentioned that both T & A were Galactus' equal right before the fight panels with the intention of giving readers a measure of T & A's power. If it was intended that he was hungry during that fight, it would have been mentioned, asterisked, and referenced back to Silver Surfer #4. Even during Heralds of Galactus, Galactus never says his hunger was an issue during that fight - the Galactus that always moans and bitches about his hunger weaking him.

By the way, I'm not asking you to assume. You already made the assumption that he was hungry by referencing Surfer #4 where he said he needed to feed. But you missed or ignored that Thanos made an alliance with T & A 19 days after Surfer went looking for a planet (SS #4) and the unknown time T & A took to find/start their attack (# Annihilation #1). Nowhere during that Tenebrous' fight with Galactus was it said Galactus was hungry - you assumed he was.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff240/Branlactus/Fights%202/Tenebrous%20Aegis/galactusoffguard.jpg

Galan007
By the way, I'm not asking you to assume. You already made the assumption that he was hungry by referencing Surfer #4 where he said he needed to feed. But you missed or ignored that Thanos made an alliance with T & A 19 days after Surfer went looking for a planet (SS #4) and the unknown time T & A took to find/start their attack (# Annihilation #1). Nowhere during that Tenebrous' fight with Galactus was it said Galactus was hungry - you assumed he was. Galactus says he needs to feed, and Surfer ventures off to find him a suitable planet. The next time we see the two of them they are "caught off guard" by T&A *see Utrigita's scan on the first/current pages* - with absolutely no reference to Galactus having fed beforehand.

It's from those happenings which I draw my opinion/assumption that Galactus was hungry when he fought the duo. I think it's perfectly logical..

Well, Galactus knows he could not beat them that's why he used the Crunch energies to bind them in the first place. It's the Crunch that held them. Surfer killed them using the Crunch, I think, and even than Galactus was extremely impressed by that feat. If Galactus himself could kill them using the Crunch he would have the first time. Indeed, Galactus was impressed that Surfer was able to channel the crunch energies to beat T&A, but that is not to say Galactus himself would be incapable of such.

If Surfer can do something, Galactus can do it much, much grander.

I can agree with that; all members of any pantheon vary in powers. thumb up

Juntai
Galactus says he needs to feed, and Surfer ventures off to find him a suitable planet. The next time we see the two of them they are "caught off guard" by T&A *see Utriga's scan on the first/current pages* - with absolutely no reference to Galactus having fed beforehand.
To assume anything else would be extrapolating.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Utrigita

I've already seen that. No where does it make reference to his hunger or a weakened state. Just that he was caught off guard.

Galactus says he needs to feed, and Surfer ventures off to find him a suitable planet. The next time we see the two of them they are "caught off guard" by T&A *see Utrigita's scan on the first/current pages* - with absolutely no reference to Galactus having fed beforehand.

It's from those happenings which I draw my opinion/assumption that Galactus was hungry when he fought the duo. I think it's perfectly logical..

How is that logical? What you wanted to use in Silver Surfer #4 to draw your conclusion, which came just one page before the Epilogue of Thanos' meeting with T & A (A.D. plus 40). You're saying Galactus went more than 19 days without feeding and then fought T & A without ever mentioning that his hunger. You're also saying it takes Surfer longer than 19 days to find a planet. It took him near instantaneous to track down T & A from across the universe.

No argument there. Galactus being able to channel the Proemial God Kryptonite better than Surfer doesn't change the power levels between T & A and Galactus - they're still in his league.

Originally posted by Juntai
To assume anything else would be extrapolating.

LOL. Yes, because it's logical to assume a power upgraded Surfer took longer than 19 days to STILL NOT FIND A PLANET for Galactus. And nowhere during Annhilation #1 or Heralds of Galactus does it mention his hunger.

Endless Mike
Proemials have no feats that would give them a chance against A-M

Utrigita
I've already seen that. No where does it make reference to his hunger or a weakened state. Just that he was caught off guard.

It should be quite obvious that the fact that Galactus was caught off guard and unprepared for the assault from Tenebrous and Aegis, and the fact that Silver Surfer was looking for a suitable planet for Galactus to devour and that the battle between Galactus and Tenebrous takes place on such one, that he obviously wasn't Fed, if he was Fed he would perhaps still be caught off guard, but unprepared? When counting in those factors I doesn't think that the Tenebrous = Galactus is justifiable.

Galan007
I've already seen that. No where does it make reference to his hunger or a weakened state. Just that he was caught off guard. And unprepared. That's the word that caught my interest.

How is that logical? What you wanted to use in Silver Surfer #4 to draw your conclusion, which came just one page before the Epilogue of Thanos' meeting with T & A (A.D. plus 40). You're saying Galactus went more than 19 days without feeding and then fought T & A without ever mentioning that his hunger. You're also saying it takes Surfer longer than 19 days to find a planet. It took him near instantaneous to track down T & A from across the universe. I'm saying it's more logical to assume Galactus had not fed, than it is to assume he had. Why? Because there is no solid evidence supporting your notion that he had fed, while there is substance behind the opinion that he had not fed.

There's also this..

"My guess is Galactus will never go hungry again":
http://img200.imageshack.us/my.php?image=89615919.jpg
(bottom panel)

Keep in mind the above scan is from "Annihilation" #6 (after Galactus had been beaten by T&A/held against his will.) It seems obvious to me that he'd "never go hungry again" so the aforementioned would not be repeated..

leonidas
hmm, it seems more logical to assume he WAS hungry (at least to a certain degree) to me as well, though HOW hungry is impossible to gauge. why more logical?

well, we know that unless he has very recently fed, he is generally ALWAYS hungry. then there is the issue of the 19 day window. i agree it's reasonable to assume ss DID find him a planet in that time frame. perhaps more than one even. but perhaps he found the planets on days 24 and 31. or perhaps he only found one on day 27. that would STILL leave ample time left over for galactus to again be hungry even HAD he fed over the course of that 'missing time'.

i'm not saying he was 'starving' or really even in an especially weakened state, but it seems plausible to think that his hunger may have impacted him somewhat in that battle.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Utrigita
It should be quite obvious that the fact that Galactus was caught off guard and unprepared for the assault from Tenebrous and Aegis, and the fact that Silver Surfer was looking for a suitable planet for Galactus to devour and that the battle between Galactus and Tenebrous takes place on such one, that he obviously wasn't Fed, if he was Fed he would perhaps still be caught off guard, but unprepared? When counting in those factors I doesn't think that the Tenebrous = Galactus is justifiable.

If he was unprepared in the first place, obviously they'll be caught off guard. However, him being unprepared doesn't necessarily mean he was hungry at the time. The fight takes place on an inhabited world. There's plenty of fights that end up on an inhabited world. You can infer that they might have been looking for a planet, but that's it. Nowhere does it say he was weakened or hungry. And being in a weakened/hungry state is totally different than being unprepared and caught guard.

And unprepared. That's the word that caught my interest.

I'm saying it's more logical to assume Galactus had not fed, than it is to assume he had. Why? Because there is no solid evidence supporting your notion that he had fed, while there is substance behind the opinion that he had not fed.

It's really not considering that in Annihilation #1 Extirpia, not Extrapia (my fault), tells them that they'd won the battle on Daedulus 5 but elsewhere the Wave has won the war. She then tells about Galactus' capture that day or rather Annihilation Day plus 204. That's 183 days now for Surfer to find a planet. So again, how is it logical to assume Galactus was hungry during that fight?

Annihilation Day Plus 204
http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?image=annihilation2002.jpg

Daedulus 5 was a distraction
http://img34.imageshack.us/my.php?image=annihilation1017.jpg
http://img35.imageshack.us/my.php?image=annihilation1018.jpg

That line is pretty ambiguous. Rich says "Galactus' appetite is larger than normal now" but he "hopes that its not permanent" and with Surfer by back he guesses Galactus "will never go hungry again" and "god help us." It's not referring to that T & A fight at all. It's Galactus' rage that he's afraid of. The guy destroyed 3 solar systems in a fit of rage right before Nova's eyes. Even in that panel, he says he hopes Galactus' large hunger won't last long.

Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, it seems more logical to assume he WAS hungry (at least to a certain degree) to me as well, though HOW hungry is impossible to gauge. why more logical?

well, we know that unless he has very recently fed, he is generally ALWAYS hungry.

If you says he's always hungry, then that will be considered average Galactus. Every one of his feats now is performed under a hungry state unless it's shown that he feed before performing that feat. If so than, his galaxy destroying fight with Tyrant and dimension wrecking fight with Agamotto was when he was hungry. He would likely be starving or near death after fights like that since he's depleting so much energy. He wasn't weakened after that fight with Agamotto at all and that was one of his highest feats.

So it would be correct to say Tenebrous and Aegis outpower Galactus since Galactus will always be hungry. That they did beat Galactus and not a weakened version because Galactus is always hungry. Sure he can be in an especially weakened state when he's hungry, but until it's stated he's weakened by the hunger, he will be at his regular showings.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.