Megaman vs Kain.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
I just did a pile of math, I want to see it put to use. Megaman and Kain both get everything, and Megaman has no soul, he's a robot. No blood either, kinky, eh?

Phanteros
The one who can dance wins

SuperLuigi
megaman annihilates kain with 2 buster shots

The Valiant
^Someone claims he reforms wink

SuperLuigi
after like 200 years lol

The Valiant
Exactly.

Burning thought
Megaman is slowed in time and then incapaciated, how Kain destroys him after that I dont know, I dont know his durabiliy. Perhaps a lightning strike could short circuit him?

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Burning thought
Megaman is slowed in time and then incapaciated, how Kain destroys him after that I dont know, I dont know his durabiliy. Perhaps a lightning strike could short circuit him?

Yes slowed in time, you know the very thing Megaman can manipulate if he has something along the lines of time slow, flash bomb etc. oh and don't forget the black hole effect he can create, thanks to one Galaxy man.

I could go on to mention many more of his abilities but i think time manipulation and simulating a black hole will suffice, maybe add the manipulation of gravity in the mix.

Burning thought
He can mainpulate time powers of his own, not necesserily able to resist them however, not to mention once he is slowed in time, Kain will completly freeze him in time, then whats he going to do? obvioulsy nothing... that counts as a defeat even if Kain cant destroy him.

Neo Darkhalen
He can mainpulate time powers of his own, not necesserily able to resist them however, not to mention once he is slowed in time, Kain will completly freeze him in time, then whats he going to do? obvioulsy nothing... that counts as a defeat even if Kain cant destroy him.

Maybe not resist them, I'd like to see that though Kain uses a time slow ability at the exact same time as Megaman, although megaman could just use flash bomb an instantaneous time freeze effect, speaking of which, ice master abilities could be used on Kain just in the same way.

I guess it all boils down to who shot first, I'm sure there is a better counter attack to your suggestion that he just slows down but I can't seem to think.

Burning thought
Also what form does Megamans time slowing/freezing moves take? a ball of energy? grenade? something else? because remember Kain could teleport out of Megamans range or at least out of the way of megamans attacks depending on their size and speed

SuperLuigi
teleporting out of range is running away aka giving up aka losing the fight

Burning thought
erm no its not......

Acrosurge
Also what form does Megamans time slowing/freezing moves take? a ball of energy? grenade? something else? because remember Kain could teleport out of Megamans range or at least out of the way of megamans attacks depending on their size and speed Mega Man's time stopping abilities require no projectiles. He simply does it and it stops the enemies around him. It is an instantaneous area attack.

How exactly can Kain teleport outside Mega Man's range? Mega Man can teleport too.

Mega Man also has a bunch of area attacks that are extremely effective.

Gravity Hold (manipulates gravity)
Centaur Flash (space-time twist)
Black Hole (sucks everything in, spews energy out)
Astro Crush (meteor shower summon)
Lightning Bolt (sheet lighting summon)

Now, with that out of the way. What Kain are we talking about here?

Burning thought
Probably the latest, we usually use the latest by default.

How instant? can you show me? whats the range on the "area around him"?

Teleport out of range of the time power, can you show me Megaman teleporting as well please?

Acrosurge
Probably the latest, we usually use the latest by default.

How instant? can you show me? whats the range on the "area around him"?

Teleport out of range of the time power, can you show me Megaman teleporting as well please? So, vampire Kain, yes?

Instant as in Mega Man "wills" it and it instantly works, stopping all enemies for as long as the time stop is active. It freezes onscreen and offscreen enemies. I've seen no range limits for this or the Time Slow ability. You might be able to check it out for yourself in the "Let's Play Mega Man 2" series of youtube videos. If you can't find it in there, I could be persuaded to upload a vid myself, but you'll have to ask extra nicely, because recording from my PS2, capturing to my laptop, and uploading to youtube is quite a lot of steps. I don't have an emulator for classic Mega Man.

Alternatively, you can check my info against other Mega Man fans. They can confirm what I've stated.

As for Mega Man teleporting, that's easy, just look at any vid of a Mega Man play-through:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtkEIMp4rA

ScreamPaste
Time stop, eh? My money's on Mega-guy. <.<

Burning thought
Originally posted by Acrosurge
So, vampire Kain, yes?

Instant as in Mega Man "wills" it and it instantly works, stopping all enemies for as long as the time stop is active. It freezes onscreen and offscreen enemies. I've seen no range limits for this or the Time Slow ability. You might be able to check it out for yourself in the "Let's Play Mega Man 2" series of youtube videos. If you can't find it in there, I could be persuaded to upload a vid myself, but you'll have to ask extra nicely, because recording from my PS2, capturing to my laptop, and uploading to youtube is quite a lot of steps. I don't have an emulator for classic Mega Man.

Alternatively, you can check my info against other Mega Man fans. They can confirm what I've stated.

As for Mega Man teleporting, that's easy, just look at any vid of a Mega Man play-through:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtkEIMp4rA

Pwease pwease pwease upload a vid

And do you mind pointing out the teleportation or time stop in that vid please? I noticed the words "time stop" appearing but not the move itself.

Acrosurge
Sure. Every time Mega Man enters or exits a stage, he teleports. He also teleports to various areas in Wily's Fortress. In later games, he is shown teleporting in and out of Dr. Light's lab.

In that vid:

00;38
00;52
02;41

Just to name a few.

Burning thought
How can you be sure this is a teleport? or a teleport from his own power, it could be Doctor wily or a portal of some kind. Is it stated anywhere to be a teleport?

It may not be anything of canon and may actually just be a typical graphic of an old game to remove a character from the screen. He seems to just squash and then flies off the screen, he does not actual dematerialise or port.

Acrosurge
How can you be sure this is a teleport? or a teleport from his own power, it could be Doctor wily or a portal of some kind. Is it stated anywhere to be a teleport?

It may not be anything of canon and may actually just be a typical graphic of an old game to remove a character from the screen. He seems to just squash and then flies off the screen, he does not actual dematerialise or port. It is called 'teleporting' within the game as well as in Capcom's official sourcebooks. Here's a version from 16 bit mega man 7:

00;10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t9gTpR3Rko&feature=related

And another from 32 bit Mega Man 8:

00;20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tchKCjxBQP8&feature=PlayList&p=C0AB43595085F37C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=16

Burning thought
Hm his teleportation seems a bit obvious and clumsy, its like a stream that goes up and then falls again, Kain can even see where Megaman is coming from and could easily adjust his plans accordingly although its a hard teleport to gauge simply because I dont know the amount of time between him flying off the screen and appearing on the next level or the distance between them.

Although this would allow Kain to keep a teleport or two ahead of Megaman, and even better, Kain has the element of surprise because he can teleport to a location and appear without being detected while Megaman is obvious and not as quick.

ScreamPaste
Not if Kain's time stopped.

Phanteros
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Not if Kain's time stopped. Kain stops time too.

Burning thought
Ill think on that once ive seen it, Acrosurge claims its over the screen which in itself can only be around 6 meters in each direction, they would have to both start literally on top of eachther and Kain can still mist or teleport to escape, regardless of how long it takes for him to appear from teleportation he vanishes within less than a second, which would be beyond Megamans reaction anyway.

Phanteros
can't megaman teleport too?

Burning thought
Well as discussed above, the teleport itself its obvious and easy to spot, since he does not actual disapear, he flies up into the air then down again...still glowing bright blue.

Kain on the other hand could be anywhere, Megaman would have to look all around him every time Kain teleports to find him.

Acrosurge
Oh, see, I thought you were questioning Mega Man's ability to follow Kain should he choose to run.

Mega Man doesn't use his teleporting in combat. On the other hand, foes who teleport in combat do not place him at a disadvantage, since he's beaten plenty of them. If Kain tries to surprise him that way, he's likely to take a Buster blast to the face or a Mega Uppercut.

What is Kain's best speed feat? Mega Man has tagged both Quick Man and Turbo Man in combat, the former of which clocks out at multiple mach speeds (the Perfect Memories Sourcebook states Mach 15, IIRC).

What is Kain's best durability feat? Mega Man's armor can withstand heat of 5,000 degrees C (or concentrated heat of 12,000 degrees C), and electrical discharges of 500,000 volts. That's just for starters, I've got much more.

What is Kain's best strength feat? I've got Mega Man's all ready for you, if you want it.

Burning thought
Megaman beats Kain in all 3 of those easily without a doubt or a debate required. Infact judging by that information he would better rely on his speed rather than teleportation.

The best powers Kain should rely on to win this match are his teleportation advantages, and powers to stop Megaman in his tracks such as time, if he succeeds in this then I dont know how he would destroy megaman.

Shutter Shack
Megakain > Kainman

Burning thought
Megamans only bonus will be his speed, if he can canonically go mach 15 then Kains only bet is to mist/teleport as far away as he can so he can get enough distance to use his Repel shield (takes 2 seconds to cast) and time slow, then he can teleport next to Megaman.

ScreamPaste
Time slow < Time stop.

Phanteros
aren't they just the same except one slows time down.

ScreamPaste
Slowing time down isn't gonna help if the other guy can stop it completely.

Burning thought
It is if the other guy takes 3 seconds to stop time when the first only takes one second to slow time.

ScreamPaste
Which, if it were the case, would help Kain for all of 2 seconds. no expression

Burning thought
No because Megaman would then be slowed in time, thus how long it usually takes for him to do it, react etc would be irrelvent. Then all Kain has to do is incapaciate Megaman with hte spell of the same name which completly freezes him in time, he would do the same strategy to Ganon/dorf and most other characters

ScreamPaste
You missed the "if that were the case"

Lol@ Kain landng incapacitate on someone who's mach 15, even with time slowed.

Burning thought
Why exactly? he will not be Mach 15 with time slowed, in fact judging by the looks of the time slow, it decreases the time of opponents by at least 75% if not more, and Ascourge has said Megaman Tagged the guy who can go mach 15, I dont know the circumstances of that yet tbh, mainly because it could have been the characters own fault of this, or it could have been Megamans intellect or tactics, not necessarily Megaman actually moving at that speed. Either way, Kain will not be hit by time stop, and Kain could just keep fireing Incapacitate blasts until he hits Megaman.

dqNowGTdVko

Above is megamans time stop, he starts charging at 0:07 and releases time stop at 0:10 3 seconds is longer than:

On the other hand:

-8KHYFh2C6c

Kains time reaver takes 1 second, Kain casts it at 6:32 and its in effect slightly before 6:33

in fact looking at it again, the factor of the time slow is even more than I first thought, the opponent is barely moving meaning he is likely slowed easily around the 80/90% mark, its pretty much as good as a time stop tbh, Kains time aura also lasts longer than Megamans time stop.

ArtificialGlory

in fact looking at it again, the factor of the time slow is even more than I first thought, the opponent is barely moving meaning he is likely slowed easily around the 80/90% mark, its pretty much as good as a time stop tbh, Kains time aura also lasts longer than Megamans time stop.

I'd be hard pressed to call that anything more than 50%.

Q'Anilia
-8KHYFh2C6c

That's the mighty Kain's timeslow? no expression

Ultimate Wil
What a boring fight.

Burning thought
Regardless, Megaman will not get his timestop off, he will be at a complete disadvantage in this fight and his only baring on defeating Kain will be if it can be proven that he can even move at mach 15, his strength and durability are not factors, only speed.

ScreamPaste
Lol, that enemy was already slow. no expression So it turns a 3 second cast into a 5 second cast. and Kain still can't cacth him..

NemeBro
If it slowed down Megaman by 90% he would still be much faster than Kain. no expression

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by NemeBro
If it slowed down Megaman by 90% he would still be much faster than Kain. no expression We have a concensus.

Burning thought
Just over a mach, fair enough but still, it would reduce the chances of his slower charged abilities by a huge amount, and kain has a better chance of escaping from 1 mach than 15. Fact is, Time stop will not touch Kain, which was the main use of the power. Same with his others if they are of equel speed.

Q'Anilia
he is likely slowed easily around the 80/90% mark, its pretty much as good as a time stop tbh,

From where did you extract this number? What are you basing 80/90% from? If you do good with the answer, I might not have to bother calculating myself happy

Burning thought
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
From where did you extract this number? What are you basing 80/90% from? If you do good with the answer, I might not have to bother calculating myself happy

addressing the percentage of time slow, looking at the last video and the following:

L_gSZlNqNQo

When Kain TKs moebius across the room, it takes less than a second, and at most a second for him to go from floating in the air, to hitting the wall, a similiar act happens to the character being tossed by Kains TK in the previous video, at about 6:41 the thing is lifted like moebius with TK and tossed, only within the slow of time, it takes it a whole 5 seconds to cross the room. Thats 5x the amount it took for moebius to cross a room that was only slightly smaller. it could probably be debated how large the room was, but by any stretch of the imagination, the diffrence is not large.

Thats what, 80% reduction in time, after a pointless debate on either rooms side, we could give or take a few percent....

NemeBro
It would be mach 1.5, still much faster than Kain.

With Megaman's strength and speed, he punches Kain's head off. erm

Burning thought
Not good enough....Kain can survive without the Heart of Darkness, he can survive as an almost incorporeal mass of vapour and water droplets, I would dare say Megaman has as much a chance of killing or defeating Kain as Kain does of killing him, although not defeating, Kain has time powers to help him here.

And as I said, ill w8 until Ascourge cna prove mach 15, although I note your amusing bias, if I said Kain could move at Mach 15 you would not use the figuire until i actually proved it...shows Kain hate all over, or BT hate smile reason being while ill take your opinion with a pinch of salt, or a cup.

And being faster than Kain is not good enough ,Kain can teleport out of range of Megaman, Mach 1.5 is surprisingly not fast, hell we can see Jet fighters moving at quicker speeds than that, Kain who is an enhanced human beyond imagining will not be faltered so easily at Mach 1.5

ScreamPaste
A cup of salt could cause serious healt complications. no expression

Burning thought
Not that you would care considering ime taking it, although I am curious, you claimed in the other thread Megaman could not move without friction? and that the character in the other thread, Ness? could just twirl him in the air? Whats stopping Kain from grabbing the robot by the head or the arm and doing the same?

Q'Anilia
addressing the percentage of time slow, looking at the last video and the following:

L_gSZlNqNQo

When Kain TKs moebius across the room, it takes less than a second, and at most a second for him to go from floating in the air, to hitting the wall, a similiar act happens to the character being tossed by Kains TK in the previous video, at about 6:41 the thing is lifted like moebius with TK and tossed, only within the slow of time, it takes it a whole 5 seconds to cross the room. Thats 5x the amount it took for moebius to cross a room that was only slightly smaller. it could probably be debated how large the room was, but by any stretch of the imagination, the diffrence is not large.

Thats what, 80% reduction in time, after a pointless debate on either rooms side, we could give or take a few percent....

I thought you had something concrete.

Burning thought
Yes well I thought you were going to actually come up with a relevent or less than baseless comment, your only interest it seems is to degrade Kain with a few lines or statements. I think ill take that as trolling if you do it again, its not really relevent and you do it quite a considerable amount. Those acts are concrete, both happen, 80% is the amount Kains spell slows time by. Megamans Stop time and any other powers of the like are foiled and his speed is reduced to something even a human could react to with some degree and certainly follow with their eyes, let alone a enormously advanced vampire with teleportation.

NemeBro
Not good enough....Kain can survive without the Heart of Darkness, he can survive as an almost incorporeal mass of vapour and water droplets, I would dare say Megaman has as much a chance of killing or defeating Kain as Kain does of killing him, although not defeating, Kain has time powers to help him here.

And as I said, ill w8 until Ascourge cna prove mach 15, although I note your amusing bias, if I said Kain could move at Mach 15 you would not use the figuire until i actually proved it...shows Kain hate all over, or BT hate smile reason being while ill take your opinion with a pinch of salt, or a cup.

And being faster than Kain is not good enough ,Kain can teleport out of range of Megaman, Mach 1.5 is surprisingly not fast, hell we can see Jet fighters moving at quicker speeds than that, Kain who is an enhanced human beyond imagining will not be faltered so easily at Mach 1.5 1. Heart of Darkness is not a head. Prove he can survive his brain being shattered. Dear God, are you really going to use him transforming and reforming from mist as proof he can take his head being destroyed?

2. Kain has never shown to be able to move at mach 15 or even mach 1. You are using him slowing him to 90% as some kind of victory...Yet Megaman is still much faster than Kain.

3. Out of range from Megaman? Megaman has ranged attacks, in fact that is what he mostly uses. As for seeing jet fighters, yeah, jet fighters are much larger than human beings, and Megaman is even smaller than the average human if I recall right. A human would have to be moving only about 200 miles per hour to be invisible.

Lol beyond imagining? Not in speed sir.

Q'Anilia
Yes well I thought you were going to actually come up with a relevent or less than baseless comment, your only interest it seems is to degrade Kain with a few lines or statements. I think ill take that as trolling if you do it again, its not really relevent and you do it quite a considerable amount. Those acts are concrete, both happen, 80% is the amount Kains spell slows time by. Megamans Stop time and any other powers of the like are foiled and his speed is reduced to something even a human could react to with some degree and certainly follow with their eyes, let alone a enormously advanced vampire with teleportation.

No, I'm serious. I thought you had something that actually supported your numbers (Concrete evidence). I was expecting it and I merely said what I thought when it turned out that it was just another speculation and a rough estimation.

I'll have a look at the video myself and maybe I'll agree with you. Maybe not. It doesn't seem like 80%, but I'm not jumping to conclusions.

Report me. If I've trolled, I've trolled, and I'm ready to pay the price. But let Peach/GK be the judge of that.

Burning thought
1. Heart of Darkness is not a head. Prove he can survive his brain being shattered. Dear God, are you really going to use him transforming and reforming from mist as proof he can take his head being destroyed?

2. Kain has never shown to be able to move at mach 15 or even mach 1. You are using him slowing him to 90% as some kind of victory...Yet Megaman is still much faster than Kain.

3. Out of range from Megaman? Megaman has ranged attacks, in fact that is what he mostly uses. As for seeing jet fighters, yeah, jet fighters are much larger than human beings, and Megaman is even smaller than the average human if I recall right. A human would have to be moving only about 200 miles per hour to be invisible.

Lol beyond imagining? Not in speed sir.

1. His brain? his brain which has zero blood or circulation because of his heart? hell his brain which should not technically work and is not close to as important as the heart of Darkness which is the only reason Kains body should be living at all, yet he can live without it, therefore his brain is nothing....he is a soul within a corpse, nothing more, which is hwy his conciousness still stands unabated by the fact his brain has zero efficency, his body "should" have zero efficency but he is beyond physical form and why his Mist form has full efficiency.

Do you have an argument for why being able to excist as nothing but vapour and droplets would not suggest this?

2. Kain does not have to be quick when with a teleport he can cover space without having to move. And as I said, Mach 1.5 is not quick enough to stop Kain, a human can see it, a human can react to it. Kain is by far superior to a human and his teleportation makes it irrelvent. If Megaman was mach 15 it would be diffrent, but unfortunaltey he is not.

3. Out of range as in, out of range of melee, and I wonder if his long range attacks are nearly as quick as he is supposed ot be.

Jet fighters also move at Mach 2.5 you can still see them, the fact their larger is neither here nor there, and the diffrence is irrelvent.

Where does it say this 200 mph thing? although its obvious Megaman is not invisible so perhaps his apparent speed feat is wrong.

Burning thought
No, I'm serious. I thought you had something that actually supported your numbers (Concrete evidence). I was expecting it and I merely said what I thought when it turned out that it was just another speculation and a rough estimation.

I'll have a look at the video myself and maybe I'll agree with you. Maybe not. It doesn't seem like 80%, but I'm not jumping to conclusions.

Report me. If I've trolled, I've trolled, and I'm ready to pay the price. But let Peach/GK be the judge of that.

Your not making any sense really are you, we can all do simple math and we can all count, that means you can count the time between Kain doing things in one video, with another, that means you can get a fact from factual information, you annoy me when you simply state something without base or meaning or explanation, especially when it sounds like a bait or is an actual sarcastic insult.

Q'Anilia
Your not making any sense really are you, we can all do simple math and we can all count, that means you can count the time between Kain doing things in one video, with another, that means you can get a fact from factual information, you annoy me when you simply state something without base or meaning or explanation, especially when it sounds like a bait or is an actual sarcastic insult.

Then report me. I can report myself if you don't want to. I don't want to troll anyone, and I'll pay the price if I happen to do it. If I have trolled, I want to learn from my misstake so I don't do it again.

If you're so confident I've done something wrong, click the X button in the corner. Report to moderators. If it turns out I have preformed a reportable offense, I'll thank you when we have it confirmed (Seriously).

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Kain move slower as well in that video? When the slow move is applied.

Burning thought
Then report me. I can report myself if you don't want to. I don't want to troll anyone, and I'll pay the price if I happen to do it. If I have trolled, I want to learn from my misstake so I don't do it again.

If you're so confident I've done something wrong, click the X button in the corner. Report to moderators.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Kain move slower as well in that video? When the slow move is applied.

No ime just going to tell you I dont like what your doing myself, I dont care for reporting you unless you do it again at some point. I think ill do the best thing and just ignore you when you do something like that, sort of like when I did with your comment about the time slow itself, Ill only get diciplined anyway for it which gives a victory to the trolls in the first place.

No he does not move slower, that would defeat the point of the move anyway lol.....

Q'Anilia
No he does not move slower, that would defeat the point of the move anyway lol.....

Not really. If he perceive the event as if it's not slowed while his opponent doesn't, it's a huge advantage. So even if it slowed both 90%, it'd still be a beneficial move. And it makes it easier for the player as well. Try playing Max Payne. It's slowmotion for both parts, but it's still easier for the player.

ScreamPaste
Actually, earlier you used the example of Kain's TK move acting slower as evidence of how much it slowed time.......... Kain is slowed aswell.

NemeBro
no expression

ScreamPaste

L_gSZlNqNQo

Kain's slowed too laughing

Q'Anilia
Yeah, I've studied it now as well. Kain is slowed down by the move too. And it's definately not 90% reduction on the enemy.

Burning thought
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Actually, earlier you used the example of Kain's TK move acting slower as evidence of how much it slowed time.......... Kain is slowed aswell.

I can see your misconception, Kain used his Tk normally, the fact the character was slowing moving through the air however is all down to the sloth of time, Kains TK merely threw the being. Kain is not slowed by Time slow. Bullet time in max payne is an effect that allows players to react to bullets from the players point of view, time slow is a magical ability Kain actually uses for an advantage, the player has nothing to do with it.

Q'Anilia
Kain is not slowed by Time slow.

Yes he is.

ScreamPaste
GFR JV 4STOCK, baddie got water temple'd.

Burning thought
No hes not

http://www.dark-chronicle.co.uk/def/reaverkain.php

Also what is your evidence for this? do you have concrete evidence or perhaps speculation? or is your position as a troll here simply fueled by pointing these out to other people and your just a clueless hypocrite?

Q'Anilia I thought you were a Kain hater and a troll but I never imagined it to this extent.

NemeBro
...I just checked the video, and yeah, Kain is moving a little slower, although not the the same extent as the enemy.

MooCowofJustice
I never had this answered the last time I looked at it, so I'ma ask it here.

What is the point of the Balance Emblem? I'm convinced that it would keep Kain from using too much magic in a fight, as it regulates the usage of all the others.

Burning thought
Must just be the distortion effect, nowhere in the game is it hinted Kain would slow himself with his own powers, maybe he drains hs own soul away when he uses soul powers as well! maybe when he uses lightning he blows up himself!

Daft ideas, Kain is moving at the same speed, thats the point of slowing time around you and it would defeat the object of the power if Kain was slowed as well.

Just some Q'Anilia Kain hating altho tbh that is expected from all of you considering bias.

The move is never stated to slow Kain either.

NemeBro
No it just clearly does.

Burning thought
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
I never had this answered the last time I looked at it, so I'ma ask it here.

What is the point of the Balance Emblem? I'm convinced that it would keep Kain from using too much magic in a fight, as it regulates the usage of all the others.

The balance emblem is just the slot Kain attaches to the reaver, it imbues it with the powers of the 4 concepts shown, Dimension, lightning/energy, time and conflict.

Kain is the one who regulates, which is why he has infnite magic power and is on the brim of omnipotence by canon. Although KMC does not accept canon from games or characters who are not mainstream or that it does not like you see....which is Kains problem sad

No it just clearly does.

Well Link clearly gets +1000 ton strength when in the presence of that black rock, it must eminate an aura of strength smile

Q'Anilia
Q'Anilia I thought you were a Kain hater and a troll but I never imagined it to this extent.

What?

NemeBro
which is why he has infnite magic power and is on the brim of omnipotence by canon. Lol and I'm the fanboy?

MooCowofJustice
The balance emblem is just the slot Kain attaches to the reaver, it imbues it with the powers of the 4 concepts shown, Dimension, lightning/energy, time and conflict.

Kain is the one who regulates, which is why he has infnite magic power and is on the brim of omnipotence by canon. Although KMC does not accept canon from games or characters who are not mainstream or that it does not like you see....which is Kains problem sad

Well Link clearly gets +1000 ton strength when in the presence of that black rock, it must eminate an aura of strength smile

That is utter nonsense. What is the point of even having a regulator if there isn't a reason to regulate it? The Balance Guardian is just there to enforce the limits, has to be.

Burning thought
That is utter nonsense. What is the point of even having a regulator if there isn't a reason to regulate it? The Balance Guardian is just there to enforce the limits, has to be.

Theres the point of a regulator so that beings in Nosgoth can only use a certain amount of magical power. Kain being the regulator would in a KMC debate think "**** that" and then cause the big bang with an infinite influx of energy, rip a hole in space time and disintegrate the fiction of the being he was fighting.

And I think its funny hour on KMC so why not? apprently Kain slows himself with his own powers, a legolas midgit has 1000+ ton strength without breaking his own non indestructable sword etc etc

NemeBro
Theres the point of a regulator so that beings in Nosgoth can only use a certain amount of magical power. Kain being the regulator would in a KMC debate think "**** that" and then cause the big bang with an infinite influx of energy, rip a hole in space time and disintegrate the fiction of the being he was fighting. It bothers me that you are actually serious.

Burning thought
It bothers me that you cannot understand canon of games you dislike or are bias against and that you think Kain would slow himself in time, but its KMC funny hour.....so....perhaps were best buddies....

MooCowofJustice
Is this stated at all? I would like some vids.

And why keep all the beings of Nosgoth from using too much magic? I'm thinking that all of this is to keep people from ignoring the laws of the universe and using all the magic they want, which would result in them destroying everything in existence as every universe and every bit of matter everywhere collapses in on itself.

If my MUA-inspired theory is correct, Kain can't use all the magic he wants either.

NemeBro
It bothers me that you cannot understand canon of games you dislike or are bias against and that you think Kain would slow himself in time, but its KMC funny hour.....so....perhaps were best buddies.... K. Provide a feat of such a thing.

Amy Herring or whatever that bitche's name is wouldn't know what the fvck you are talking about if she saw some of the things you have said.

Kain clearly is slowed, but I shall admit not to the same extent as the enemy.

Q'Anilia
you think Kain would slow himself in time

We're not just thinking it. We're seeing it. The fact that you're not says more about you than us.

There's a saying: "If love is blinding, then I don't want to see". It's a multi-meaning phrase. Quite the mindscratcher happy

Burning thought
We're not just thinking it. We're seeing it. The fact that you're not says more about you than us.

There's a saying: "If love is blinding, then I don't want to see". It's a multi-meaning phrase. Quite the mindscratcher happy

No your thinking it, because ime seeing something diffrent, have played diffrent, the people who made the game think something diffrent as does the information site I provided, and logic dictates Kain would not slow himself with his own powers anyway, combine that with the fact your all a bunch of bias Kain haters and have proven it in several threads this makes your opinions null and void.

NemeBro
No your thinking it, because ime seeing something diffrent, have played diffrent, the people who made the game think something diffrent as does the information site I provided, and logic dictates Kain would not slow himself with his own powers anyway, combine that with the fact your all a bunch of bias Kain haters and have proven it in several threads this makes your opinions null and void. BAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

ScreamPaste
laughing

MooCowofJustice
STOP IGNORING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Burning thought
Is this stated at all? I would like some vids.

And why keep all the beings of Nosgoth from using too much magic? I'm thinking that all of this is to keep people from ignoring the laws of the universe and using all the magic they want, which would result in them destroying everything in existence as every universe and every bit of matter everywhere collapses in on itself.

If my MUA-inspired theory is correct, Kain can't use all the magic he wants either.

Yes its stated, theres not a video however, but the statement is clear and from silicon knights, which is funny because NemeBro got that wrong for a start.

No you see this regulation is perhaps close to what you claim, however youve misunderstood it you see, KAIN is the one who is regulating. So if he does not want to use all this magic, then perhaps he will not, but in this thread, PIS would not exist, nor would it exist in any other.

MooCowofJustice
So...Kain can use all the magic he wants in a KMC thread because it's not Nosgoth and PIS doesn't exist here like it does in his game?

Q'Anilia
Kain haters

Kain is an awesome character. I have nothing against him at all. It's an brilliant design, has an interesting background, a creative source of power and an intelligent course of development. His relationships and position are intriguing, and he's a philosophical triumph.

Burning thought
So...Kain can use all the magic he wants in a KMC thread because it's not Nosgoth and PIS doesn't exist here like it does in his game?

No its because in Nosgoth, he may actually regulate his own magic for the sake of the world, however he would not care for the world that the battle takes place on in a KMC thread, so he would be unrestrained in his usage of magic. And no, PIS is not taken into account in games at all in our debates, characters use their full powers at all times unless stated otherwise.

Q'Anilia
KAIN is the one who is regulating

Not according to the guardian description.

Burning thought
Care to explain?

Q'Anilia
Sure, hold on.

Q'Anilia
This is the information providen on the site. As a guardian of balance, you're not doing the regulating yourself, but rather influencing the regulation.

The balance and death guardians powers only influence their aspects, unlike the other guardians who has their powers for direct use. The regulation of magic on Nosgoth is a stand-alone factor that's being touched by the guardian of balance. The guardian itself is not stated to do the regulating. If it did, it'd say "their magic regulate the others magic in Nosgoth" rather than "their magic influence the regulation of the other magic in Nosgoth"

Burning thought
That simple shows that Kains level of magic is so high that it can influence the regulation, influence, e.g. kicking a ball influences it to move across the ground. The defintions of influence:

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/influence

This does not actually make a diffrence, Kain is still pretty much regulating, the fact he is using his magic to influence it to do so, is neither here nor there is it. When an influence is used it simply means Kain is doing one effect to form another. Ganon influences his sword to swing by moving his arm, Kiljaeden influences a clone of his enemy to appear through his own magic etc etc

So you point out that Kain fairly effortlessly arranges the cosmos with his influence. Rather than directly.

Q'Anilia
I know the definition of both influence and regulation. And while you do have a point, there is a difference between regulating and influencing regulation.

Burning thought
Not in a debate tbh, yes theres a diffrence, but the diffrence will not be felt by Kain or his enemies.

NemeBro
"their magic influenced the regulation of the other magic in Nosgoth"

Q'Anilia
Only if the enemy master uses one of the following fields of magic: Mind, dimension, warfare, nature, energy, time, state and death. The Nosgoth part obviously is removed on neutral ground in a versus, but it'd still have to be one of the mentioned aspects.

Burning thought
@ NemebroIf you read it carefully, it says that was their role. Therefore the power remains and Kain empowers his own magic.

@ Q'Anilia: and why only those particulour fields? any field and any magic in general would be fair game, because it says they regulate other magic, not just those types. Please explain.

Q'Anilia
It says "of the other magic in Nosgoth". Those listed are the only aspects in Nosgoth.

Saying Kain can regulate magic that he's never before experienced is illogical. It'd be like saying that Medivh from Azeroth could regulate Bankai from Bleach. It's nothing he's ever come across before. He can't possibly deal with it, because he doesn't know what he's dealing with. It's also not linked to his source of power.

Burning thought
As i said to Nemebro, that was simply claiming "role", its the same with most subjects spoken about in that sentence:

Not really, mainly because Kain is regulating magic as a whole, whether he has experianced it or not is neither here nor there. Infact its not even a factor. And what do you mean by talking of "linked to his source of power", Kain regulates magic itself so he could simply make the magic part of his source of power.

Also thats a bold claim to make for a universe you know little of, you claim those listed are the only aspects in Nosgoth, thing is their simply concepts, just because the main pillar concepts in Nosgoth happen to be those forces or perhaps the most important or powerful kinds of magic does not mean to assume they are the only. But in the end it is relevant, your reading it like its a statement of what he can do, when in the end the only statement is the regulation, the rest is just what his role is in Nosgoth, obviously he is not in Nosgoth and when threatened by a character in a debate he will not care which magic he regulates. He would just drain/destroy it.

ArtificialGlory
Does Megaman even use magic?

NemeBro
@ NemebroIf you read it carefully, it says that was their role. Therefore the power remains and Kain empowers his own magic. Prove he can empower his own magic. smile

Burning thought
It states he can regulate magic, so.....unless you can give reasons why Kains magic is not part of that power then you have no case, thats like saying prove "link can use strength against Kain and not just against rocks", "prove Kratos can use strength against Dante, and not just against Atlas"

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Does Megaman even use magic?

No, this is a discussion on how Kain is going to use his infnite magic regulatory powers to empower his own magic to infite levels, so were deciding on what Kain is going to use, energy, time, dimension etc to defeat Megaman.

NemeBro
It states he can regulate magic, so.....unless you can give reasons why Kains magic is not part of that power then you have no case, thats like saying prove "link can use strength against Kain and not just against rocks", "prove Kratos can use strength against Dante, and not just against Atlas" Your reading comprehension and logic is not very good.

It directly states(this was after their ROLE was stated, the only thing about their role that was stated was that it is a regulatory one), that they use THEIR magic to INFLUENCE the OTHER magic in Nosgoth. Nothing about his own. This is speculation. Nothing more. You assume he can regulate his own magic when it is never stated or implied.

It was never stated that the purpose of Link's strength was against rocks and the purpose of Kratos' was against Atlas.

Burning thought
Your reading comprehension and logic is not very good.

It directly states(this was after their ROLE was stated, the only thing about their role that was stated was that it is a regulatory one), that they use THEIR magic to INFLUENCE the OTHER magic in Nosgoth. Nothing about his own. This is speculation. Nothing more. You assume he can regulate his own magic when it is never stated or implied.

It was never stated that the purpose of Link's strength was against rocks and the purpose of Kratos' was against Atlas.

That is still their role, the entire line is their role, it claims their role was regulatory then it explains why their role was thus, which is what semicolon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semicolon) typically means, its an explanation since really it was just a pause in the sentance, not a new one. The rest of the description is an independant claus and its subject was the role of balance guardians which is why the whole description is about the role of balance guardians, thing is, kain would not take into account his role in Nosgoth when he could eliminate his enemies with infnite magic power.

It was never stated the use of regulation is just to regulate other magic, that was just the role of a balance guardian in Nosgoth. And if the purpose of links strength or Kratos' was to do those things, then that would not mean that is all they can do using strength.....altho tbh, Links only purpose of that high 1000+ ton (accaording to screamy) strength in the game is to do that, so you would be wrong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.