Is this for real?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
I recently found this out about IG-88A:

confused

Jaeh.is.Awesome
isn't that EU? isn't EU not real? confused

steverules_2
Well I'm not sure....it might be but this is also ROTJ since the second death star was in ROTJ so I dunno if this is real or just a lie

Jovan
even for EU that's a lot of crap

steverules_2
I didn't know if it was EU or OT...seemed OT since it was an ROTJ fact or whatever

Jaeh.is.Awesome
where did you find it? it seems totally EU to me...

steverules_2
Wikipedia laughing out loud

Jaeh.is.Awesome
frackin' EU it is, then stick out tongue so it doesn't count, "real"or not *smug*

steverules_2
I would think it would be ROTJ since it happened in ROTJ but we just didn't know it (this is considering that the information isn't false) EU is something that would happen after ROTJ right? So therefore although this information came later on, it would still be considered OT since it happened in ROTJ...least i woulda thought it would

queeq
NO EU! Moving

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by steverules_2
I would think it would be ROTJ since it happened in ROTJ but we just didn't know it (this is considering that the information isn't false) EU is something that would happen after ROTJ right? So therefore although this information came later on, it would still be considered OT since it happened in ROTJ...least i woulda thought it would

I think EU is anything outside what is in the movies. wink

and I thought that its established the the Empire was just "pretending" that the system isn't operational, but it really is, so.. well... they attack. *shrug*

steverules_2
I dunno....I mean he may have know IG-88A was in the system so he got him to fire, without IG-88 it may not have been able to operate...but thats just a guess

xxxpoppunker182
It's EU but it's canon as well. I think In one of the books that talks about palp's death it says he noticed ( while he was falling) the death star acting weird like doors opening and closing and wierd stuff like that but I'm not positive if that is true I got that from Wookieepedia.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I dunno....I mean he may have know IG-88A was in the system so he got him to fire, without IG-88 it may not have been able to operate...but thats just a guess

nice deduction.

Originally posted by xxxpoppunker182
It's EU but it's canon as well. I think In one of the books that talks about palp's death it says he noticed ( while he was falling) the death star acting weird like doors opening and closing and wierd stuff like that but I'm not positive if that is true I got that from Wookieepedia.

has it been GL confirmed? if not, it's prolly totally EU.

hm. wookieepedes is mostly reliable, right?

Gideon
It's in one of the Tales books and is written by Kevin J. Anderson. He takes over the Death Star and allows the Imperials to make use of its primary functions, but takes the time to harass Palpatine in his throne room -- shutting the doors every time Palpatine tries to walk through them -- until IG-88 notices that the Emperor was using "some intangible force" to wrench the doors open.

steverules_2
Interesting...I'm not surprised that he was able to get into the system, I mean they woulda had all kinda firewalls and what not but IG-88 could just hack past them

Probably the main reason the rebels didn't know that the Death Star was operational could have been the fact that they had no way of knowing that IG-88 had control over the death star, more so than the emperor perhaps

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Interesting...I'm not surprised that he was able to get into the system, I mean they woulda had all kinda firewalls and what not but IG-88 could just hack past them

Probably the main reason the rebels didn't know that the Death Star was operational could have been the fact that they had no way of knowing that IG-88 had control over the death star, more so than the emperor perhaps

possibly. but I can't rule out if its canon or not... xD

but as they said, its in a book, so it is "real" as far as EU is concerned...

and yep, interesting. I wonder how he snuck in the DS2, though.

steverules_2
Bounty hunters maybe 'scum' but they can be pretty clever

It's interesting to know that the death wasn't operational...well fully operational until IG-88 went into the system. I'm gonna take a guess and say that the shield would require less power than the main firing laser of the death star so why did they need endore for a power station for the shield? Couldn't IG-88 give them one of them as well? I dunno I could be wrong but it's worth asking and questioning

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Bounty hunters maybe 'scum' but they can be pretty clever

It's interesting to know that the death wasn't operational...well fully operational until IG-88 went into the system. I'm gonna take a guess and say that the shield would require less power than the main firing laser of the death star so why did they need endore for a power station for the shield? Couldn't IG-88 give them one of them as well? I dunno I could be wrong but it's worth asking and questioning

movie-wise, I believe Lucas never really thought of it that way. xD

universe-wise, maybe the endor shield generator was a part of the unfinished stuff on the DS - maybe they haven't been able to put in a generator yet so they put one up on planet-side. or something...

steverules_2
But they probably hadn't finished doing the laser or parts of the laser yet that still managed to fire thanks to IG-88 so I woulda thought he could shield the DS quite easily but then I guess the laser may have been the main priority and so therefore although not complete could still be fired. They shoulda just made a shield for the death star straight away rather than use endor and build the laser first. I guess IG-88 decided he'd fire when ready

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Gideon
It's in one of the Tales books and is written by Kevin J. Anderson. He takes over the Death Star and allows the Imperials to make use of its primary functions, but takes the time to harass Palpatine in his throne room -- shutting the doors every time Palpatine tries to walk through them -- until IG-88 notices that the Emperor was using "some intangible force" to wrench the doors open.

That's right. It's from "Tales of the Bounty Hunters." The story is "Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88."

It's a really cool story.

Gideon
Not really, imho. The presence of IG-88 in the second Death Star is pretty stupid.

steverules_2
They may as well have just had it operational and thats that, the books can ruin things...like killing of Chewie

Lord Lucien
Killing Chewie was the best thing that happened to the original characters.

steverules_2
Well thats your opinion and your entitled to it, would you care to explain why it's 'the best thing'?

Eminence
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Killing Chewie was the best thing that happened to the original characters. False. R2 kicks ass across the centuries.

Lord Lucien
Well thats your opinion and your entitled to it, would you care to explain why it's 'the best thing'? Because in every post-RoTJ work I ever read, no narrator has ever portrayed Chewie as he appears in the movies. There's something... off about his novelized self. That and he became a nanny of the Solo twins, which also bugged me. I was glad to see him go.

Gideon
You're heartless. Prick. Get on PE, plz.

Lord Lucien
I am, but there's so few people. Every time I pop in, most posts are still untouched.

Gideon
Speaking of untouched, how are Faunus's genitals?

Red Nemesis
yeah that place is dead and DS HASN'T RESPONDED TO MY POST DESPITE HIS PROMISE, NAY, ASSURANCE THAT I'D GET A RESPONSE A WEEK AGO (or two weeks ago?) SUNDAY!!!!!!!11111!!!!111!1!!

Gideon
You'll deal with it, child.

Lord Lucien
Speaking of untouched, how are Faunus's genitals? We he's been on the road for days without showering, so I can imagine they're extra vinegary. Oh and by road I meant treadmill. And by treadmill I mean escalator.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
yeah that place is dead and DS HASN'T RESPONDED TO MY POST DESPITE HIS PROMISE, NAY, ASSURANCE THAT I'D GET A RESPONSE A WEEK AGO (or two weeks ago?) SUNDAY!!!!!!!11111!!!!111!1!!

Can you please stop whining about that? I'll give you a fish if you do.

Red Nemesis
No.

Make it shark and I'll think about it.

Eminence
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
We he's been on the road for days without showering, so I can imagine they're extra vinegary. Oh and by road I meant treadmill. And by treadmill I mean escalator. This is out of character. I will report you to REX, as the most obvious culprit is Nebaris.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Eminence
This is out of character. I will report you to REX, as the most obvious culprit is Nebaris. Good lad. Obviously Nebaris has targeted me, a respected yet mere observer of these lands, as the victim of his next shenanigan.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
No.

Make it shark and I'll think about it.

A shark? Those are rare to find.

What about 2 fishes? Really big ones.

Nephthys
That WASN'T WHAT HE ASKED FOR!!!!!

steverules_2
Yeah I don't really remember asking about sharks haermm

Gideon
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Really big ones.

If you're referring to genitals, please mention me by name.

If you're referring to thighs and waists, please mention FaunusEminence by name.

Eminence
dux

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Eminence
dux

Best. Reply. Ever.

That probably hurt Gideon's feelings so much he has gone emo.

I still don't get it though ...

chilled monkey
Not really, imho. The presence of IG-88 in the second Death Star is pretty stupid.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, but personally I thought it was a neat idea.

I adored the scene where IG-88 seals the doors on Palpatine and won't let them open. That was great. Can you imagine Palpatine's face?

Nephthys
It would either be:

http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5503/palpatine0043mc.jpg
The 'B-but.... I really need to pee' look.

or:

http://www.youthink.com/quiz_images/quiz1013outcome6.jpg
The' Lulz, I seed wat u did there!!' look

or:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/f/fa/Palpatine_eclipse.JPG/150px-Palpatine_eclipse.JPG
The 'JETSOOOOOOOOOON!!!!',look

or:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tvsquad.com/media/2007/06/rchicken_starwars.jpg
The 'Electricians? Yeah, its stuck again. Fine, I'll hold' look

Slash_KMC
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5503/palpatine0043mc.jpg

http://www.israellycool.com/Luke%20skywalker.jpg

"Dux?"

steverules_2
riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Slash_KMC
Exactly.

kotorfan
lol the pics are funny with ur annotations

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.