Magneto vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Court
Full-Powered and healthy Magneto versus the Classic Avengers.

Couldn't Magneto pick them off kinda easily? Using his powers he could :

Captain America - Bend the shield around Cap's head and squish

Iron Man - Rip the suit apart and shred Tony with the shrapnel

Thor - Lift the hammer, pull back, and magnetically accelerate the hammer to clock Thor in the temple, then continue until the head is nowhere to be seen

Vision - Disrupt his system and shut him down.

Ant-Man - Squish his helmet and his head inside

Hawkeye - Send the arrows right back at him

Hercules - Well, he wears some metal, so bfr to the sun

Black Panther - Vibranium in his suit... SQUISHY

Namor - Wears metal gauntlets, so he gets disARMED

Wonderman - Clocked with Mjolnir after acceleration

Wasp - It's the Wasp...

Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver : Hey, dad, what's up?

And he does all this while keeping his shield up of course, making him untouchable.

Am I missing something, or has Magneto never realized he could pwn the Avengers?

Wild Shadow
i dont think he has ever realized how much power he has.

tkitna
Scarlet Witch should beat him

basilisk
Yeah, Scarlet Witch could probably beat him some of the time, if she is willing to fight him and depending on who gets a shot off first.

Thor had Magneto well and truly on the run in their first encounter, when Thor showed that Mjolnir could simply absorb magnetic forces. Sadly Thor seems to forget a lot of his more exotic powers in many of his fights.

Really though, most of the rest of those guys wouldn't last long against Magneto. A more powerful Avengers lineup is required to kick Magneto's ass:

Thor - because with Mjolnir has show he can absorb Magneto's force fields and energy.

Quasar - herald level; can absorb any energy Mags throws at him, create force fields, fly, teleport, generate quantum energy, all forms of EM energy, extreme heat etc, some gravity manipulation. Could probably BFR Mags into the sun or a black hole if he didn't want to waste time beating him other ways.

Sersi - shown to be extremely powerful when not holding back. High level matter and energy manipulator, including total control over her own molecules, so can probably duplicate a lot of the effects Mags can do (using different means), powerful psi, super-strength, flight, cosmic energy blasts, can even reform herself after being disintegrated.

Pulsar - maybe, as long as she sticks to forms like gamma rays, photons, neutrinos etc that Mags can't do much with. She once stated that Mag's powers don't mean zip compared to hers, but as far as I know they have never fought. Like Quasar, could probably just kill Mags with a gamma ray blast to the head.

Sentry

Doc Strange - if you want to count him as an Avenger.

This team is overkill of course, some of them could probably solo Mags.

Kris Blaze
"Thor - Lift the hammer, pull back, and magnetically accelerate the hammer to clock Thor in the temple, then continue until the head is nowhere to be seen"

Get ****ing real.

steverules_2
Didn't wasp beat the x-men in secret wars?

lol I remember magneto beat wasp with a pen haermm

Philosophía
Magneto sends an omni-directional assault that shuts all of their brains down.

The Scribe

JakeTheBank
Thor could solo this.

Naija boy
Thor ftw

Bentley
Current Thor could solo the field, his team included.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Master Court
Full-Powered and healthy Magneto versus the Classic Avengers.

Couldn't Magneto pick them off kinda easily? Using his powers he could :

Am I missing something, or has Magneto never realized he could pwn the Avengers?

you're missing a few VERY obvious things. First off:

Classic Thor's control of magnetism was actually SUPERIOR to magneto's. there's a scan in the respect thread of classic thor beating him down that I'm too lazy to look for.

Second, Stark, Pym, and T'challa are brilliant, and sitting on not only their own personal wealth, but the entire financing of the US government and Wakanda. It wouldn't take very long at all for either one to come up with a suit/device that either renders them immune to magnetic powers, or strips magneto of his abilities.

I COULD be wrong, but I think current Tony already has something like this built into his suit to defend against an attack via magneto.

but in a nutshell- no, the classic avengers really weren't powerhouses in the sense that the JLA is, and it was usually teamwork and plot devices that saved the day.

also: you left off quasar who would probably beat the holy hell out of magneto if they ever came to blows. Q-zone dump ftw

The Nuul
Thor solos

Master Court

Master Court
And never mind Hulk. What's the point? Not that Magneto could kill or even hurt him, but BFR is WAY too easy in this case.

King Kandy
Magneto can't manipulate Thor's hammer.

leonidas
he sure as hell isn't bending cap's shield. IM has defenses like doom has defenses. thor is simply too much. be interesting to see if mag's could affect an intangible vision. stands to reason he could, but still it would be interesting to see.

Enyalus
Originally posted by leonidas
he sure as hell isn't bending cap's shield.
He could bend Cap's shield easily IMO. I mean, the guy's bent adamantium like it was nothing...

psycho gundam
the vision is made of a materials closer to plastics, not metals. and there isn't any iron in his "blood".

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the vision is made of a materials closer to plastics, not metals. and there isn't any iron in his "blood".
I've seen Vision's inner circuitry. It looks like something a robot would have.

psycho gundam
let me guess: the failed attempt to bust into onslaught's field right?

he has fake organs, tissues, and fluids that are all made to mimic what a human has, he even weighs a little over the same as a person his build would weigh. (mostly due to being made more durable than human flesh) but he's not made of metal though.

Enyalus
Originally posted by psycho gundam
let me guess: the failed attempt to bust into onslaught's field right?

Also, when Thanos rips into him during the Infinity Gauntlet saga using the Power Gem.

Philosophía
Make no mistake, eventough I jokingly said that Magneto shuts all of their brains down (which he can, but this is mostly a 'Surfer opens up a blackhole' type of tactic), he really is capable of beating each and every one of them in a fight.

Mindset
Except Thor.

Philosophía
No.

Warlord
Scarlet Witch ftw

Kris Blaze

Xplosive
There are some of the Avengers that solos him.

Survivor19
Captain America can easily pwn him verbally to the point of surrender, for example...

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Survivor19
Captain America can easily pwn him verbally to the point of surrender, for example...

Naw....

Cap's intellect is like....that of a flea's compared to Magneto.

Bouboumaster
Wonder Man, Hercules, Hulk, Sentry and Thor all beat Magneto

golem370
Hercules would not be able to touch Magneto if he didn't want him too. He just pulls a boulder weighting 30,000 tons and drops on Hercules. He could pull asteroids flying threw space and direct them at Hercules.

Sin I AM
i wonder if vision can phase through his shields

Xplosive
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Hercules no, Hulk in WWH state yes, since I don't see Magneto could actually stop him with anything he has, but maybe. Thor beats him and Sentry, also depends, it can go either way. The same with Wonder Man.

Warlord
I highly doubt Wonderman can beat him

carver9
Magneto is underrated but this thread is doing him some justice.

I can see him pulling wins from Thor and Sentry.

Wasnt he stalemating sentry one tiime but also asking sentry to kill him (basically holding back).

Warlord
Originally posted by carver9
Magneto is underrated but this thread is doing him some justice.

I can see him pulling wins from Thor and Sentry.

Wasnt he stalemating sentry one tiime but also asking sentry to kill him (basically holding back).

when was that?

Philosophía

godking
Originally posted by Master Court
The thing is, only NON-living thing can't lift the hammer without the blessing of Odin.

Magnetic forces is simply physics.

Anyway, certainly Scarlet Witch could beat him. What I implied was that Mag's kids wouldn't oppose him, even if storyline wise they would.

And this is strictly CLASSIC Avengers, with a few semi-classic mixed in.

Iron Man was originally made of Iron. I doubt his slightly more modern forms were that much more advanced. You can't just "program" a metal not to respond to natural magnetic forces.

Okay. Maybe Thor is a bit much, but non-god level, Magneto owns, right? Doom created a device that shuts of mutant powers and made sure that his armor could not be affected by magneto. Tony and TChalla could easily do the same.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Nobody on that list beats Magneto for a majority save for Thor. erm

Sentry has the best chance of contending, though. I think he was stalemating Magneto while Mags was amped with The Collective's powers, but I don't recall the details of that fight very clearly.

The rest get dropped easily.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.