Marv vs The Spirit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Valiant
Marv from Sin City vs The Spirit from The Spirit. Fight takes place in New York.

omgchos
Well if this is a fight untl incapacitaion than Marv owns. But if its to the death, the spirit is practically immortal. Do they have weapons? Like marv's hatchet?

The Valiant
Sure. Immortal means unable to die of old age.

omgchos
Immortal is defined as: not mortal; deathless; living or lasting forever.
He is practically immortal, so as i said marv can easily incapacitate him, but he cannot kill him.

The Valiant
In that case, Marv is immortal as well. Just because you are "immortal" doesn't mean you can't die.

omgchos
Originally posted by The Valiant
In that case, Marv is immortal as well. Just because you are "immortal" doesn't mean you can't die.
Yes it does. I would have thought the word deathless was pretty obvious on that point. And even if we didn't apply the word immortal, the spirit never dies and cannot die in the movie. Therfore my point is valid no matter what you think immortal means.

The Grey Fox
Jesus. Chos is obviously right. 'Immortal' means, literally, not mortal. Mortal means, and I quote the Dictionary; "Liable or subject to death."

Yes, Chos is right here, if The Spirit is indeed immortal then Marv cannot kill him, only incapacitate him, unless the Base Rules of the fight are changed.

The Valiant
Where does it say he is immortal? Well, he is allowed to die.

NemeBro
The Spirit can actually only be defeated by being sliced to tiny pieces and having them spread like a kilometer apart from eachother, only then could he not heal.

Spirit also demonstrated superhuman speed and strength in the movies.

That said, his movie was horse shit, so Marv wins.

Wei Phoenix
If immortal means you can't die in this discussion then Spirit isn't immortal. He died like twice in the movie. He came back to life but he died first. Spirit can just come back to life.

Quincy
Originally posted by The Valiant

laughing laughing laughing

Sado22
Marv punches him around and impales him, slices him to little pieces and feeds him to Kevin's dog for starring in one of the biggest piles of horseshit the world has ever seen, next to SF4.

oh and if tiny pieces of him are fed to a dog then he's not coming back. i would say "thank you god" but the mere fact that such godawful piece of shite even got a go sign and was actually screened is testament to the fact that there is no god.

~Sado

omgchos
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
If immortal means you can't die in this discussion then Spirit isn't immortal. He died like twice in the movie. He came back to life but he died first. Spirit can just come back to life. Well since that trippy lady death said that she couldnt get her hands on him, that means he never really died. But either way hes fighting a losing battle against marv.

Quincy
hahaha I still find that "immortal" comment absolutely hilarious

NemeBro
Originally posted by Sado22
next to SF4. Excuse me sir?

Sado22
sf4 is shite. what part of that didn't you get? laughing out loud

Quincy
Sado fails.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Sado22
sf4 is shite. what part of that didn't you get? laughing out loud The part where you called one of the best games out right now shit.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by NemeBro
The Spirit can actually only be defeated by being sliced to tiny pieces and having them spread like a kilometer apart from eachother, only then could he not heal.

Spirit also demonstrated superhuman speed and strength in the movies.

That said, his movie was horse shit, so Marv wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.