Metron/Reed vs Thanos/Doom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

geshien
With prep, which team wins?

Charmander
Thanos punches Metron in the face, and Doom steals Reed's powers.

geshien
Originally posted by Charmander
Thanos punches Metron in the face, and Doom steals Reed's powers.

That is either the worst or best break down of a fight I've ever heard.

TricksterPriest
A couple of Xanatos roulettes later, it is revealed that Metron has in fact outsmarted everyone and planned for all their actions.

And if you don't believe me, read Final Crisis.

Galan007
Team 1 would at least start with the better tech, imo.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
I don't think I agree.

Doom's cracked the Baxter Building's defenses before, easily, and hacked into Reed's lab which was designed specifically to keep Doom out of...in a few days' time. With the Time Cube and everything Doom has recently had on him, I'd say he's got the better starting equipment over Reed.

And Thanos' starting equipment would probably include his ship, which is pretty up there, tech-wise. Especially after Skreet's overhaul.

TricksterPriest
None of that is equal to Metron's technology. erm

Enyalus
Sure.

Allankles
Originally posted by Galan007

True.

lordraiden
Thanos takes this alone.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
A couple of Xanatos roulettes later, it is revealed that Metron has in fact outsmarted everyone and planned for all their actions.

And if you don't believe me, read Final Crisis.

Someone else knows who Xanatos is? I just watched a few Gargoyles episodes.

Enyalus
The big purple Gargoyle dude with long hair?

psycho gundam
you mean david xanatos, the human adversary in the present time.

the name xanatos is the name of the greek god of death, for whom thanos is modeled after in the eternal's mirroring of the olympians.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you mean david xanatos, the human adversary in the present time.

the name xanatos is the name of the greek god of death, for whom thanos is modeled after in the eternal's mirroring of the olympians.

Yeah David Xanatos' schemes and plans were so well played and thought out that fans have come up with the term Xanatos Gambit, particularly complex plots involving large amounts of manipulation and deception by a single character. Like Xanatos rarely lost in that show, even when the Gargoyles won, Xanatos still somehow came out on top.

If TP meant the god then I guess thats what I get for assuming.

Originally posted by Enyalus
The big purple Gargoyle dude with long hair?

That's Goliath.

Enyalus
Meh, whatever. lol...

Thanos is modeled off of the Greek Death God, Thanatos...

Wei Phoenix
Meh, whatever. lol...

Thanos is modeled off of the Greek Death God, Thanatos...

You're modeled off of the Greek Death God, Thanatos...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
You're modeled off of the Greek Death God, Thanatos...
yes I am, I am. Also the god, Erebus. With a little bit of Jesus mixed in.

psycho gundam
it's a pronunciation thing, tomato-tomato(e)

Mattek
Thanos Tech can hold off Galactus for a while. Thanos ahs the best tech here and he is the smartest. Thanos solos the other team and then proceeds to make doom his pet.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Yeah David Xanatos' schemes and plans were so well played and thought out that fans have come up with the term Xanatos Gambit, particularly complex plots involving large amounts of manipulation and deception by a single character. Like Xanatos rarely lost in that show, even when the Gargoyles won, Xanatos still somehow came out on top.

If TP meant the god then I guess thats what I get for assuming.

That's Goliath.

YES! Somebody gets it! big grin No no, relax. You understood the point perfectly. The Xanatos Roulette is a more insane and convoluted form of the Gambit.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/XanatosRoulette

Essentially, you have to be able to control causality, time, high end psionics, ludicrous genius or ability to predict people's actions perfectly and the plans are complex to the point of insanity or utter brilliance. Often both.

psycho gundam
^ good call on putting light yagami as the poster boy of the xanatos gambit, that guy was borderline clairvoyant.

TricksterPriest
That's not the Xanatos Gambit page. That's the Xanatos Roulette page. Which is a horse of a different species.

janus77
Thanos solos. though Doom double-crosses him in the end. which means Thanos has to kill Doom no expression

Mindset
Which means Thanos dies.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by janus77
Thanos solos. though Doom double-crosses him in the end. which means Thanos has to kill Doom no expression

i could see that happening as well as the first comment of thanos and doom punching and stealing the other team

janus77
Originally posted by Mindset
Which means Thanos dies.
and then, Kang comes along and explains how Thanos is really Doom's daddy!

Mindset
And then Doom reveals that it was really a Doombot that Thanos fathered.

janus77
And then Doom reveals that it was really a Doombot that Thanos fathered.
that was actually a replica Thanos.

Mindset
A replica that Doom made.

janus77
A replica that made Doom.
yes

because Thanos is that good!

Mindset
That he was able to find Doom and beg him to make a replica for him?

I guess.

janus77
Doom's in the yellow pages, under Supervillains yes

Thanos sent a replica to go command Doom to make a replica of Thanos :?

anyway, Thanos is Doom's daddy! Sue Richards says so! yes

Philosophía
Team 1.

Mindset
Originally posted by janus77
Doom's in the yellow pages, under Supervillains yes

Thanos sent a replica to go command Doom to make a replica of Thanos :?

anyway, Thanos is Doom's daddy! Sue Richards says so! yes And Sue Richards is about as smart as Thanos, which isn't smart at all.

And how were you able to hear Sue all the way from her kitchen?

Nihilist
Team 2 wins.

Then Doom kneels before his new master.

Enyalus
I'd put people like Metron, Darkseid, Thanos, Warlock & Magus all in the same, cosmic-plotting category. Beings that not only have the tech to accomplish great things, but the vision and foresight to anticipate nearly anything and turn it to their advantage.

People like Doom, Kang, Batman, etc. belong a tier down from that. Guys who are great plotters and manipulators, who have the tech to get things done, who can see all the pieces, but can still be outmaneuvered and generally are.

Guys like Reed and Prometheus go into the tier below that. Basically, plot-device characters with not a lot of depth. Lots of prelaid plans which are uber, with little ability to adapt on the fly like Batman or Doom would to an adverse situation.

meh My take on things.

Mindset
You put Doom on the same level as Batman? erm

Enyalus
You put Doom on the same level as Batman? erm
That's a compliment to them both, let's not forget. Batkick = Chuck Norris Roundhouse = Doom's suit.

Mindset
It's a compliment for Batman, not Doom.

Doom would already have found a way out of the Omega Sanction, and would have DS feeding him grapes.

Enyalus
It's a compliment for Batman, not Doom.

Doom would already have found a way out of the Omega Sanction, and would have DS feeding him grapes.
Hmm...you might be right. Hit one button on his armor, and absorb the Omega Force.

I put Batman on that same level because while his tech isn't as advanced as Doom's or Kang's, he does brilliantly on-the-fly as well as planning and manipulating a lot of things.

*shrug* He's still lose to either Doom or Kang heads up, obviously. stick out tongue

Mattek
And Sue Richards is about as smart as Thanos, which isn't smart at all.

And how were you able to hear Sue all the way from her kitchen? Wow. People like you should seriously pick up a comic and read it. Thanos is probably the smartest being in Marvel. H'es normally skyfather and is smart enough to become the supreme being in the whole Marvel Omniverse. When has anyone ever done that?

Mindset
People like you shouldn't only have 4 posts and presume to know anything about me.

kgkg
Originally posted by Mattek
Wow. People like you should seriously pick up a comic and read it. Thanos is probably the smartest being in Marvel. H'es normally skyfather and is smart enough to become the supreme being in the whole Marvel Omniverse. When has anyone ever done that? Put him on ignore dude.

kgkg
None of that is equal to Metron's technology. erm What the f**k?

Wild Shadow
metrons biggist tech is his chair as i recall thanos had one similar to his..

TricksterPriest
Think very carefully before you say anything more. Because I'm speaking the plain truth. New God tech is completely beyond anything either DC or Marvel Earth has come up with.

psycho gundam
ultimate nullifier comes to mind

Wild Shadow
Think very carefully before you say anything more. Because I'm speaking the plain truth. New God tech is completely beyond anything either DC or Marvel Earth has come up with.

the quantum bands/nega bands come to mind as well you can destroy universes with them ask genis vell

Enyalus
Totally agree with New God tech being beyond DC or Marvel Earth.

Thanos' tech is not DC or Marvel Earth tech, though.

Survivor19
Ultimate Nullifier, Negabands, Quantum Bands
-
ARE NOT FRIGGIN MARVEL EARTH'S TECH!!!
They weren't done there.
And they won't be.
Stop bringing them up, ok?

Cosmic Cube, from the other hand, is.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Survivor19
-
They weren't done there.
And they won't be.

Cosmic Cube, from the other hand, is.

oh didnt see the earth tech very sneaky wordplay.

so death head 3.o with the uni power

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Survivor19
-
They weren't done there.
And they won't be.

Cosmic Cube, from the other hand, is. the skrulls created a cosmic cube thousands of years before humanity.

stormultt
metron and reed ALL THA WAY i mean c'mon hes a ****in GOD!

Enyalus
Originally posted by stormultt
metron and reed ALL THA WAY i mean c'mon hes a ****in GOD!
Doom is above GOD. biscuits

stormultt
doom can kiss my big fat ass lol oops not lady like, anyway i luv metron, and thanos and doom maybe master minds or w/e but metron AND REED!!! TOGETHER!!!!!!! omg they could be unstoppable..

Juntai
Metron and Reed win.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Juntai
Metron and Reed win.
Can I convince you otherwise? big grin

Juntai
Can I convince you otherwise? big grin You're welcome to try. I can be swayed.

Wild Shadow
magic casting ftw toward the magic users

and the list of powers goes like this

titans
gods
sorcerers
demi gods
mortals

also earth tech worlagog, philosopher stone

the titan and the sorcerer take it.

Enyalus
but metron AND REED!!! TOGETHER!!!!!!! omg they could be unstoppable..
Two tall skinny white nerds. Them working together would bring into existence the largest Sci-Fi Convention in the history of the universe and simultaneously revert all males back to a late-teenager, pre-sex psychology.

It would be awful. Not unstoppable.

Juntai
Originally posted by Wild Shadow

also earth tech worlagog, philosopher stone
Just because it was lost on Earth for a time, doesn't make it Earth-based tech.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Juntai
Just because it was lost on Earth for a time, doesn't make it Earth-based tech.

can you proof it wasnt made their?

also didnt anarchy make his own? :P

stormultt
THIS IS METRON the sexy god of knowledge and reed rrichards the....smart guy

Enyalus
THIS IS METRON the sexy god of knowledge and reed rrichards the....smart guy

confused If you think Metron is sexy, then we should so totally date.

Wild Shadow
confused If you think Metron is sexy, then we should so totally date.

make sure she sends a pic before you commit wink

stormultt
>.>

Mindset
doom can kiss my big fat ass lol oops not lady like, anyway i luv metron, and thanos and doom maybe master minds or w/e but metron AND REED!!! TOGETHER!!!!!!! omg they could be unstoppable.. You have a big fat ass?

stormultt
um, yes im a very curvacious lady lol even tho im about 124 pounds i still like to think of myself as thick..idk,...anyway metron and reed smash this ridiculously

Mindset
fasturbates muriously

Allankles
can you proof it wasnt made their?

also didnt anarchy make his own? :P

It was made in the New God universe and had been lost on Earth for 4000 years before it was found by Earth's villains.

Mindset
Allankles explain this:

YOUR SOUL MAY BE A BODY, BUT MY BODY IS A SOUL! THAT IS WHAT WILL COST YOU THE BATTLE!

Allankles
It is a quote from Aghora one of the last metabarons (a clan of warriors who overcame their physical frailties through insane mental discipline).

S/He was fighting a being who couldn't be defeated through physical means because it reflected back any attack directed against it by creating an exact physical copy that was connected to the agressor in every way. Essentially it was like attacking a vodoo doll of yourself.

The metabarons through extreme training believed they fought with more than just their bodies but their spirits as well. Aghora was basically saying that the creature couldn't copy his/her spirit, and because of this it was doomed.

And yes Aghora is a hemaphrodite (a male brain in a female body) - Her/his father's work: long story.

iceman24567
Say what now?

Allankles
Aghora is a hemaphrodite. It's a long story. Basically her father Steelhead the supreme metabaron (supreme because he was the perfect remorsless warrior), performed surgery on his twin children as part of a compromise with his wife.

His daughter was born without a brain (he's the only one who knew) and his wife wanted him to raise a female child (the clan's code allowed only one child) because it would mean that Steelhead loved her (long story: and only a male could inherit the metabaron title).

So he basically installed his infant son's brain in his infant daughter's body.

iceman24567
****ing awesome!

Wild Shadow
sooooo.... not really a hermaphrodite.. .....just a lesbian?

Mindset
Is this that comic you posted where the guys feet get crushed?

Mindset
sooooo.... not really a hermaphrodite.. .....just a lesbian? Actually it is a transgender.

Wild Shadow
Actually it is a transgender.

one hell of a perfect hundred percent operation with reproductive organs and every thing... if i were to sleep with it would that make me gay?

Mindset
one hell of a perfect hundred percent operation with reproductive organs and every thing... if i were to sleep with it would that make me gay? Idk, are you? eek!

Allankles
sooooo.... not really a hermaphrodite.. .....just a lesbian?

He/she had no desire for females or males for that matter. Both prospects repulsed Aghora, but s/he did eventually give birth to the last (current) Metabaron using her/his male cells to impregnate herself - Aghora the father-mother.

I believe one character in the comic called it "auto-incest". Not so bad since s/he used a part of herself to give birth to the new Metabaron.

JakeTheBank
one hell of a perfect hundred percent operation with reproductive organs and every thing... if i were to sleep with it would that make me gay?

If you had to ask, then that answers your question.

thumb up

Mindset
This book sounds weird, to say the least.

Allankles
Is this that comic you posted where the guys feet get crushed?

Yeah that was the second Metabaron, Aghnar - another long story an assasination attempt on his mother while he was in her womb made him weightless from birth.

Juntai
one hell of a perfect hundred percent operation with reproductive organs and every thing... if i were to sleep with it would that make me gay? If you think you might be gay, then you're gay.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.