Left 4 Dead 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Neo Darkhalen
Taken from Steam:

Valve Announces Left 4 Dead 2
June 1, 2009, 12:05 pm - Valve - Press Release
Sequel to Best-Selling Co-op Thriller Coming This Holiday

June 1, 2009 - Valve, creators of best-selling game franchises (such as Half-Life and Counter-Strike) and leading technologies (such as Steam and Source), today announced Left 4 Dead 2 (L4D2), the sequel to the best-selling and critically-acclaimed co-operative multiplayer thriller.

Coming exclusively to Xbox 360 and PC, L4D2 promises to set a new benchmark for co-operative action games and become one of 2009's marquee titles.

"A large part of how Left 4 Dead became 2008's top-selling new IP on Xbox 360 and the PC was the custom-tailored gameplay made possible by the AI Director," said Gabe Newell, president and co-founder of Valve. "With the knowledge gained from creating the original, new technology, and a passionate team, L4D2 will set a new benchmark for cooperative action games."

Set for release on November 17, the title adds melee combat to enable deeper co-operative gameplay, with items such as a chainsaw, frying pan, axe, baseball bat, and more.

Introducing the AI Director 2.0, L4D's dynamic gameplay is taken to the next level by giving the Director the ability to procedurally change weather effects, world objects, and pathways in addition to tailoring the enemy population, effects, and sounds to match the players' performance. The result is a unique game session custom fitted to provide a satisfying and uniquely challenging experience each time the game is played.

Featuring new Survivors, boss zombies, weapons, and items, Left 4 Dead 2 offers a much larger game than the original with more co-operative campaigns, more Versus campaigns, and maps for Survival mode available at launch.

Supported by a $10+ million marketing campaign, Left 4 Dead has sold over 2.5 million retail copies since it was released in November of 2008. Left 4 Dead 2 is targeted for release on Xbox 360 and the PC on November 17, 2009, and will be launched worldwide with a multi-million dollar marketing campaign across TV, Outdoor, and Online.

"Left 4 Dead was backed by our most aggressive advertising campaign to date, and resulted in a top 5 showing on two platforms during holiday 2008," said Doug Lombardi, VP of marketing at Valve. "Left 4 Dead 2 is a larger game and will be supported with even more consumer and retail advertising programs than the original."

Left 4 Dead 2 will be featured as the cover story on PC Gamer and Official Xbox Magazines this month.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2552/

A sequel so soon, wow thats some what of a change from usual Valve development time, what do you guys think?

Zack Fair
Sounds awesome.

Quincy
Hey man, it's in demand. Left 4 Dead is so insanely good, and sold so well, with the funds they have backing up the sequel, this shit will be off the hook.

Ridley_Prime
Aww, beat me to it. With this though, I no longer see any need to get Dead Rising 2 to be honest.

ArtificialGlory
It's looking pretty damn good. Left 4 Dead was quite enjoyable and I hope the 2nd one is even more so!

Neo Darkhalen
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-left-4-dead/49967?type=flv

Video on gametrailers.

Ridley_Prime
Or in embed form if you're too lazy to click the link.

dSfsMJgypdw

Wei Phoenix
Who wants to come and clean the mess in my pants?

Neo Darkhalen

Nemesis X
No Zoey, Louis, Francis and Bill? I thought those guys would be in all the L4D games.

XanatosForever
I'm not surprised, I like the idea of each installment following a different group of survivors. It seems more appropriate, I think.

Nemesis X
Changing the main character in each L4D game is like changing the main character in each Dead Rising game. Oh wait...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Changing the main character in each L4D game is like changing the main character in each Dead Rising game. Oh wait...

Well if it helps, the last stage they did was the lighthouse aptly called The Last Stand so I'm guessing thats where they died.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah. That was my guess as well. ^^

And these are the new survivors for those who didn't get a good enough look at them in the trailer. Only 2 of them are black actually.

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/6391/l4d2.jpg

Like the female in the last game (Zoey), I think I'll be stickin' with the guy in the hat this time erm, but

L4D survivors > L4D 2 survivors
IMO

Not gonna be quite the same without blaming Bill. haermm

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Yeah. That was my guess as well. ^^

And these are the new survivors for those who didn't get a good enough look at them in the trailer. Only 2 of them are black actually.

Like the female in the last game (Zoey), I think I'll be stickin' with the guy in the hat this time erm, but

L4D survivors > L4D 2 survivors
IMO

I think the black guy will be Bill. TBH I don't even want to guess what they named the black guy, I just feel like his name is going to be something like Sampson, or Amos.

Are you even allowed to have 2 black main characters? All this time I thought we could only have one us in the spotlight. I think we're starting to rise up against The Man! Next up will be the all black L4D, L4D3: Escape From Africa.

Nemesis X

I feel like these guys were made randomly. Seriously, it looks like Valve didn't put enough effort in these characters.

What, we can't blame Louis either? stick out tongue

SpadeKing
I say they give us

Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Tony Jaa, & Chuck Norris

with bruce lee as an unlockable no expression

Zack Fair
Hat dude is made of win.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Hat dude is made of win.

Nah, I'm going with Poppa Amos.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I think the black guy will be Bill. TBH I don't even want to guess what they named the black guy, I just feel like his name is going to be something like Sampson, or Amos.

Are you even allowed to have 2 black main characters? All this time I thought we could only have one us in the spotlight. I think we're starting to rise up against The Man! Next up will be the all black L4D, L4D3: Escape From Africa.

Resident evil 5?

Still would have liked the original cast, ahh i'm going to miss Louis, Zoey, Francis.....NOT Bill haermm

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Resident evil 5?

Still would have liked the original cast, ahh i'm going to miss Louis, Zoey, Francis.....NOT Bill haermm

Yeah but Valve would stick with the all black thing lol.

jalek moye
well i'm picking the man in the suit

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jalek moye
well i'm picking the man in the suit

Papa Amos for me.

jinXed by JaNx
this sounds cool and all but what about the dlc campaigns valve promised ?

Nemesis X
They're gonna have a wandering Witch this time. This could get ugly...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
this sounds cool and all but what about the dlc campaigns valve promised ?
They promised that? confused

Smasandian
Yeah, for the PC version at least.

They said they will be doing alot of DLC and with TF2 DLC, everbody expected L4D would be the same.

Sadly not.

Neo Darkhalen
Nope all that DLC has become well....L4D2 really.

Smasandian
Which sucks because L4D wasn't a complete product in most peoples eyes and were expecting DLC.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Smasandian
Which sucks because L4D wasn't a complete product in most peoples eyes and were expecting DLC.

I agree this should have been an expansion rather then a full sequel.

Smasandian
Well, we still don't know the price.

Rumors are abound and some people think it will be discounted. For most PC fans, who are alot of Valve's loyal fanbase, including me are pretty pissed off at this announcement. If they release for full price, people are going to be pissed.

Neo Darkhalen
Well, we still don't know the price.

Rumors are abound and some people think it will be discounted. For most PC fans, who are alot of Valve's loyal fanbase, including me are pretty pissed off at this announcement. If they release for full price, people are going to be pissed.

They'll have a preorder release deal, at least I hope they do, I own both versions of the original and it seems to me it was kinda pointless rebuying the first on PC now...and in turn annoys me the amount of money I could have saved instead.

But from what they talked about this will have more features then L4D so ergo it makes me believe the game will be a full price game..if not on a limited preorder discount.

jalek moye
why are the pc gamers pissed at them?

Neo Darkhalen

Smasandian
Yeah, PC gamers were told that L4D would be supported with new campaigns, new characters, weapons and modes because there is not alot of content in it.

Turns out, next year there will be a new game, probably at full price.
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt but it's kinda of fishy.

Neo Darkhalen
The Hunter, the smoker and the Boomer all return btw.

Gameplay one
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-left-4-dead/50357

Gameplay two
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-left-4-dead/50351?type=flv

Final Gameplay
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-left-4-dead/50349

So far that makes on new boss infected with 4 old returning.

XanatosForever
So apparently the new bloods are named Nick, Rochelle, Coach, and Ellis...interesting. erm

Edit: Second gameplay video shows a Tank, so that means all the old bosses are still arounnd.

SaTsuJiN
Nice.. a bit unnerving that they're on a sequel so soon.. but if its good, its good.. /shrug

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, for the PC version at least.

They said they will be doing alot of DLC and with TF2 DLC, everbody expected L4D would be the same.

Sadly not.
Aww... Guess not even Valve's perfect in that regard. erm

Other than that, good to see that most (if not all) the other special infected (besides the Witch) will be returning. Also.. better/complete render of the new survivors.

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2009/06/left_4_dead_the_parish.jpg

And moar good info as well.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/06/01/left-4-dead-2-exclusive-rps-preview/

Neo Darkhalen
I shall forever call the one on the left "the don" or Scarface.

SaTsuJiN
they dont really look as believable as the original cast.. I mean citizen wise.. but I suppose thats no biggie as long as they're good actors

XanatosForever
I'm sure their backstory will be suitably believable.

Nemesis X
L4D1 gamers are boycotting L4D2. Why? Watch this vid and you'll know why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQe4tlsfRbY

To any boycotters in here, Dr. Egon has this to say:
http://gallery.wewt.net/albums/funny/moron.jpg

jinXed by JaNx
I was a little annoyed when i first heard about a full blown sequel. Like most people i was expecting DLC but from the sound of things the sequel will have everything the first one has and more. The sequel may only have one additional campaign but with the addition of a new game mode, weapons and AI director improvements this one might be worth the full price tag. I know Valve has been having a few problems with Microsoft so i won't mind paying $60 for another game but if we see another left for dead releasing in 2010 instead of DLC then i'll start complaining.

The only thing i'm kind of annoyed by is that the campaigns are going to be played in daylight. I think it would be cool to see the time of day dependent on the AI director.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah... I always preferred night time like in the first L4D. Having it in daylight is gonna be a rude awakening in comparison.

Ridley_Prime
Now that I think about it, the whole night-time aspect was a lot of what I loved about the first L4D. L4D2 is gonna take away from that.
When do most classic zombie survival horrors take place anyway? The night of course.

Switching to daytime in a L4D game is sure gonna take a lot of getting used to.. for me anyway.

Neo Darkhalen
Now that I think about it, the whole night-time aspect was a lot of what I loved about the first L4D. L4D2 is gonna take away from that.
When do most classic zombie survival horrors take place anyway? The night of course.

Switching to daytime in a L4D game is sure gonna take a lot of getting used to.. for me anyway.

Same here but the wandering witch should at least add a little zest to the day life, but it's going to be a little weird playing during the day....meh zombies are zombies I guess.

Ridley_Prime
lol Yeah. I hope there are at least some parts in the game that occur during the night though, else it won't be the same. ermm

And the guy with the hat (forgot his name already) will say he loves everything, as opposed to Francis who says he hates everything no expression (besides vests that is). Francis will always be cooler though in my book..

Neo Darkhalen
lol Yeah. I hope there are at least some parts in the game that occur during the night though, else it won't be the same. ermm

And the guy with the hat (forgot his name already) will say he loves everything, as opposed to Francis who says he hates everything no expression (besides vests that is). Francis will always be cooler though in my book..

I only really like the mafia guy for this survivors roster compared to the first batch. (In which I liked everyone....bar bill haermm)

I did hear however that this story will take place at night as well as day.

Ridley_Prime
woot

jinXed by JaNx

yeah, i agree. I think it will be a neat contrast but to have every campaign take place during the day seems a bit off setting. Although, i'm sure there will be quite a few dark and creepy corridors to battle through. Why not have two or three of the campaigns take place during the day and the others at night? I know i'm nit picking but what else am i going to do until, November? laughing out loud

Neo Darkhalen
yeah, i agree. I think it will be a neat contrast but to have every campaign take place during the day seems a bit off setting. Although, i'm sure there will be quite a few dark and creepy corridors to battle through. Why not have two or three of the campaigns take place during the day and the others at night? I know i'm nit picking but what else am i going to do until, November? laughing out loud

Yes there will be night campaigns as well as day, the second one the swamps seems to take place at night.

jinXed by JaNx
Thats inspiring because the last official article i read said they were all day.

Neo Darkhalen
Thats inspiring because the last official article i read said they were all day.

I don't know then, I've been reading articles myself and I have yet to see any article that specifically says the entire game will take place in the day, I don't believe Valve themselves said that either at E3.

Smasandian
We only heard about one campaign.

There's still 4 others.

Neo Darkhalen
We only heard about one campaign.

There's still 4 others.

2 Actually. Comic con will present Swap fever as a playable demo.

So the Parish and Swap fever are the two known campaigns.

Smasandian
Okidokie.

Nemesis X
A lot of games this year are being delayed. I hope to god that L4D2 doesn't get delayed because of this boycott BS.

Smasandian
Well, it's Valve. It wouldn't be a surprise.

Neo Darkhalen
Well, it's Valve. It wouldn't be a surprise.

You can never really tell when it comes to valve time.

Nemesis X
So just because a sequel is in the works, Valve can't get any time to work on any L4D1 DLC? It's stupid for what the fans are doing to this game and here I thought the Halo fans were the only game fans with an unhealthy mind but I guess I'm wrong there. Valve once stated that they're not leaving L4D1 so cool down and stop sounding like an emo just because there's a sequel coming your way. If you're true fans to L4D, let the sequel come out and quit giving Valve such a hard time. It ain't all about you ya know. There are some people that want this game really bad and if you do convince Valve to delay L4D2, I swear to god I'll hunt you down to the ends of the earth if I have to.

Smasandian
There not going to delay the ****ing game because of the boycott.

They would delay the game if it's not up to the standards.

Nemesis X
There not going to delay the ****ing game because of the boycott.

They would delay the game if it's not up to the standards.

There's like more than 20,000 gamers arguing against Valve. Although fortunatley it's mostly the PC gamers that are arguing which means that the 360 version might be left alone (hopefully).

Smasandian
They are not delaying the game for the boycott.

Neo Darkhalen
They are not delaying the game for the boycott.

Nemesis X
They better not. A lot of really good games have been delayed and if this game, Assassins Creed II, or Modern Warfare 2 get delayed, I'm gonna be one very unhappy gamer and will go on a rampage.

Neo Darkhalen
They better not. A lot of really good games have been delayed and if this game, Assassins Creed II, or Modern Warfare 2 get delayed, I'm gonna be one very unhappy gamer and will go on a rampage.

Delaying a game makes it better so any delay is always a good thing.

Smasandian
Well most of the time, in this case, a delay is a good thing but when the game has been years in development with no end in sight, the delay could be a complete cancellation.

Nemesis X
Well most of the time, in this case, a delay is a good thing but when the game has been years in development with no end in sight, the delay could be a complete cancellation.

Just like Colonial Marines sad

Smasandian
The game is still in production, just delayed past AVP3.

Neo Darkhalen

Like DNF?

Nemesis X
Like DNF?

What's DNF?

Smasandian
Like DNF?

Well no, because Duke Nukem Forever has been in production for atleast 10 years.

Aliens: Colonel Marines has been in development since 2006. A bit different than DNF.

Neo Darkhalen
Well no, because Duke Nukem Forever has been in production for atleast 10 years.

Aliens: Colonel Marines has been in development since 2006. A bit different than DNF.

Just a bit haha.

Ryo 666
How long were they actually working on that game, as in trying to finish it? No way could they have been in production for all those years.

Smasandian
It was.

They replaced the game engine numerous times, which increases the workload and then had numerous problems at the developing firm.

Ryo 666
That's bad, 12 years, holy shit.

Smasandian
That it is.

I assume the look of the game and how it played drastically changed every 2 years.

Ridley_Prime
Say hello to one of the new special infected for L4D2, the Spitter!

http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/images/media/spitter10.jpg

Personally, I don't think I'll ever get used to that. sick

Neo Darkhalen
Thats pretty creepy.

ArtificialGlory

Looks unintentionally(probably) comical to me.

Nemesis X

Good to know Valve has a creative imagination like Konami's. Making disturbing creatures I mean.

Ridley_Prime
Thats pretty creepy.
I would consider creepy an understatement.

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Looks unintentionally(probably) comical to me.
Huh. mmm

Good to know Valve has a creative imagination like Konami's. Making disturbing creatures I mean.
Heh. Yeah..

Also, Charger gameplay:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-09-left-4-dead/53095

Nemesis X
When I first saw the Charger in the L4D2 trailer, I actually thought it was a redneck version of the Tank.

Ridley_Prime
lol Me too. I guess perhaps we weren't too far off.

Neo Darkhalen
When I first saw the Charger in the L4D2 trailer, I actually thought it was a redneck version of the Tank.

I'm guessing the charger is a premature tank.

Ridley_Prime
So it eventually grows another arm? stick out tongue

Smasandian
Im thinking the Charger is its own separate thing.

Neo Darkhalen
New gameplay of the 3rd campaign, also shows off the Spitter and the new infected, the Jockey!

-jPz3ahFwiY

Wei Phoenix
Spitter kind of looks useless all you have to do is move from the puddle? Jockey rapes your face which is awesome.

Smasandian
Well, I'm thinking the spitter would suck if your in a big group of zombies and she spits at you and you have to dodge the spit and attack zombies.

Also, during set pieces, she could potentially block an exit or something like. She isn't totally useless. Seems to be a different version of the Boomer. Totally harmless until your not paying attention.

Neo Darkhalen
She's designed to stop you from camping all together, then something like a charger/hunter/smoker can attack each individual member, the Spitter and Jockey are probably the most dangerous infected to date.

Also the Jockey controls your body, so he can make you run into a horde or a Tank what have you, that's going to be a pain hahaha.

Smasandian
Depending on how much damage the Spitter can take I don't think she would be the most dangerous but I see her as a support "class". Not dangerous on her own but can be if a group of people are being attacked while the hunter can be dangerous both ways.

Admiral Akbar
Depending on how much damage the Spitter can take I don't think she would be the most dangerous but I see her as a support "class". Not dangerous on her own but can be if a group of people are being attacked while the hunter can be dangerous both ways.

But a hunter is useless when all 4 people are corner camping. Whereas the Spitter can flush them out of that corner.

Smasandian
True, he is useless and a spitter would be good for that. But sooner or later, they will have to move to the end of the level.

I'm just saying that the hunter is probably more dangerous than the spitter because I think she would be perfect for situations you describe and when theres catastrophe happening.

jalek moye
i read that some of the horde s will be endless now so that people can't camp till its over, and have to move to the next area before it slows down.

Ridley_Prime
lol I'm gonna love using the Jockey in VS mode.

That sucks about what jalek said though.

Ridley_Prime
Wait, does the endless horde thing apply to the finales as well, or just the levels before it? Because in finales, you basically have to camp until a vehicle comes. erm

jalek moye
It didn't mention the finales just the levels were you have one before progressing past a certain point

Wei Phoenix
lol I'm gonna love using the Jockey in VS mode.

That sucks about what jalek said though.

Facial rapist.

Smasandian
I think there is different finales in this game.

I thought I read somewhere that the big climax ending is trying to get to a point through a horde of zombies instead of holding them off.

I'm not too sure though.

Kazenji
Just found out us people in Australia our OFLC has refused classification on this game

which is ****en ridiculous because they okayed the first game.....

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kazenji
Just found out us people in Australia our OFLC has refused classification on this game

which is ****en ridiculous because they okayed the first game.....

Does that mean you won't be able to go out and buy it?

Kazenji
I suppose i could always import it from the UK the console version.

Ridley_Prime
New trailer.

K_8hJsgZSNA

Makes me wish the Survivors in the first game had been more fleshed out like that (cutscene-wise I mean)...

The hooded spectre-like figure at 1:58 seemed pretty cool though, whatever it was. The music too.

Zack Fair
yes Yes.

Hopefully I get this game first week and I get to play you guys.

SpadeKing
New trailer.

K_8hJsgZSNA

Makes me wish the Survivors in the first game had been more fleshed out like that (cutscene-wise I mean)...

The hooded spectre-like figure at 1:58 seemed pretty cool though, whatever it was. The music too.

hooded spectre? more like Hazmat or something of the sorts, its just guys in radiation suits who somehow got infected... how do people even get infected on there?

Ridley_Prime
yes Yes.

Hopefully I get this game first week and I get to play you guys.
Sounds good. thumb up

Originally posted by SpadeKing
hooded spectre? more like Hazmat or something of the sorts, its just guys in radiation suits who somehow got infected... how do people even get infected on there?
Good question. You'd think wearing a radiation suit would prevent them from getting infected.. but whatever.

Smasandian
They could of been infected before they put on the suit.

Neo Darkhalen
The Australian version will be released btw, only it will be heavily censored.

Enjoy killing zombies that explode into a cloud of PG13 smoke and drop cogs, gears and oil....god damn them PG robot zombies when will they stop!

Wei Phoenix
The Australian version will be released btw, only it will be heavily censored.

Enjoy killing zombies that explode into a cloud of PG13 smoke and drop cogs, gears and oil....god damn them PG robot zombies when will they stop!

That's worse than the MKvsDC N.America censoring.

Ridley_Prime
They could of been infected before they put on the suit.
I suppose, but that would be anticlimactic.

That's worse than the MKvsDC N.America censoring.
Indeed. It's like, they might as well not release it in Australia at all then. I can't imagine playing Left 4 Dead censored. MKvsDC was already bad enough in that department...

Also, someone please force Nemesis to move to Australia so he'll have a reason to complain about this.
*runs*

Neo Darkhalen
Demo came out last night for everyone who pre-ordered (at least for PC gamers)

How did people find it?

Smasandian
Thought it was pretty cool.

WickedDynamite
Downloading the demo right now.

Nemesis X
Also, someone please force Nemesis to move to Australia so he'll have a reason to complain about this.
*runs*

Dang it Ridley, I thought we swore never to bring that up again!

Zack Fair
Did anyone else get this? Lets kill zombies!

geshien

It's on my list of games to own.

A lot of games this year are.

Dragon Age (got it)
Borderlands
Modern Warfare 2
Assassin's Creed 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Darksiders
Mass Effect 2
BioShock 2

Oh joy!

Neo Darkhalen
Amazing game better than the original, by far.

WickedDynamite
It will be at least two weeks till I get this game. I was very satisfied with the demo and I have to get this game. However, I'm very busy with MW2 Multi

Smasandian
Pretty damn fun.

My favourite level is definitely Hard Rain.

Wei Phoenix

GT: Wei Phoenix

Zack Fair
All right. I'll be adding you tonight. My GT is Blue Idiot.

Warning: Gamer is sbound to scream random spanish cursing after getting shocked by special infected.

ROFL

VqyNS7ZdY1A

jinXed by JaNx
Game is fuking HARD! I love it though. As promised, the levels are much longer. How is everyone else liking the realism mode? I think it plays better better without seeing the other persons' names floating above their heads lol. Can't tell you how many times i've died just trying to play through on Normal. I'm going to need some this forums assistance usaflag

CadoAngelus
All right. I'll be adding you tonight. My GT is Blue Idiot.

Warning: Gamer is sbound to scream random spanish cursing after getting shocked by special infected.

ROFL

VqyNS7ZdY1A

****ing LOL!

i love it when the bots try and grab you from a drop and think that jumping a good enough solution.

this game is fantastic, better than the 1st by a long shot (but that's not to say that L4D1 doesn't still have a soft spot in my heart)

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
****ing LOL!

i love it when the bots try and grab you from a drop and think that jumping a good enough solution.

this game is fantastic, better than the 1st by a long shot (but that's not to say that L4D1 doesn't still have a soft spot in my heart)

Priceless laughing laughing

Zack Fair
Game is fuking HARD! I love it though. As promised, the levels are much longer. How is everyone else liking the realism mode? I think it plays better better without seeing the other persons' names floating above their heads lol. Can't tell you how many times i've died just trying to play through on Normal. I'm going to need some this forums assistance usaflag

Yeah. Its a lot harder and now that I've gotten somewhat used to it I like it. Can't say I'm looking forward to realism...its so going to kick my ass.

Neo Darkhalen
Yeah. Its a lot harder and now that I've gotten somewhat used to it I like it. Can't say I'm looking forward to realism...its so going to kick my ass.

It's a pain to say the least, don't even think about trying that on expert-realism, you won't get very far at all.

Ms.Marvel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OjcRBoCbSg

laughing out loud

Neo Darkhalen
Steam locked my achivements last night for some unknown reason, I've gone from having 22 to 8. erm

Zack Fair
Have yet to beat Swamp Fever and the carnival

Wei Phoenix
Have yet to beat Swamp Fever and the carnival

We shall do that today then. I'll be online and add you. Blue Idiot right?

Zack Fair
Yeah.

Ridley_Prime
Steam locked my achivements last night for some unknown reason, I've gone from having 22 to 8. erm
Yeah, they do that a lot now for some reason.

Neo Darkhalen
Yeah, they do that a lot now for some reason.

I dunno, I sent steam a report about it but I doubt i'll get any support on the matter, trust steam to always screw up in some way.

Also:

http://www.destructoid.com/left-4-dead-2-s-midnight-riders-have-a-blog-and-stuff-155653.phtml

MIDNIGHT RIDERS!

Wei Phoenix
I dunno, I sent steam a report about it but I doubt i'll get any support on the matter, trust steam to always screw up in some way.

Also:

http://www.destructoid.com/left-4-dead-2-s-midnight-riders-have-a-blog-and-stuff-155653.phtml

MIDNIGHT RIDERS!

Fajuck the Riders. I want my friend Keith to be a DLC character and give him his own blog and shit.

Ridley_Prime

Also:

MIDNIGHT RIDERS!
lol Nice...
Anyhow, finally got the game myself not too long ago and will play with y'all sometime later when the occasion calls for it.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised, but some of the achievements wouldn't register for me when I did them correctly either, like the Wing and a Prayer one. I kept a close eye on my health the whole time I was in the plane too, so I know I didn't take damage. Had the exact same number of health both before and after I went through the plane..
But aside from that, the Gnome Guardian one or whatever was utterly amusing, if I do say so myself. Same for the one where you throw a Bile Bomb at a Tank which I got on the Dark Carnival finale... xD

And Chargers aren't nearly as durable/tough as I thought they'd be. no expression

Fajuck the Riders. I want my friend Keith to be a DLC character and give him his own blog and shit.
laughing out loud

Zack Fair
I borrowed some astros and I gotta say playing left 4 dead with them is exhilirating

Zack Fair
How can you guys manage to play with all the rampant lag? Its bad enough the infected are tougher, but now we have to deal with zombies that skip frames and teleport in front of you and evade bullets. *sigh*

Props to the guys doing realism with all the lag.

Ridley_Prime
Indeed. -_- Lag 4 Dead 2 FTL.

I'm really loving that scavenger mode though.

jinXed by JaNx
How can you guys manage to play with all the rampant lag? Its bad enough the infected are tougher, but now we have to deal with zombies that skip frames and teleport in front of you and evade bullets. *sigh*

Props to the guys doing realism with all the lag.

Try a local server. I usually only suffer from lag when im playing in a party that's using a dedicated server. My problem is finding a team to finish expert mode mad Last night i spent 3 hours on dead center just to have my team leave at the finale. I spent another 3 hours on the parish just to have my team leave, yet again during the finale...wtf is that? lol

Ridley_Prime
Ugh. That happened to me for awhile during my early days on the first L4D. Some friends/teammates those are. I know how ya feel..

Since I figured shit like that would probably happen in L4D2 as well, I decided to save the expert achievements for later/last, so I still haven't attempted them yet.

Ridley_Prime
Also, am I the only one who finds it odd that they have a grenade launcher in this game but not a rocket launcher?

Smasandian
Nope.

juliwats119
Hahaha... Then how can you imagine this Left 4 Dead 2 Game (PC version) $30? free shipping? Yeah!

Ridley_Prime
Ah, I love this glitch.

A3QD7jXGsMU

Not just for the achievement, but like in general. It's fun seeing others go "How the **** did he do that?!" when playing online and then trying to kick you. Might as well enjoy it as much as I can before they eventually patch it up.

gabriellamberd
Hey all,

Had a chance to put about 10 or so hours into this brand new game.All in all I give it a 9. The graphics are a small step up from it's predecessor. Content is much like the first, though with new added effects which set it apart from he first. Such as weather, which can add a hurried feel as you run through areas with limited visibility.The AI is the same, though with the addition of a few new special monsters. Each with a unique ability and different tactics to fight them.I found the campaigns longer, and considerably more challenging to play. Often time playing on normal difficulty feels like play a higher ifficulty back from L4D 1.Only bug I myself have run into is when the special known as the "tank" appears I get some frame skips, when he is killed it all goes back to normal.Valve has promised to fix this and some other bugs in the next patch.The only part I found less than inspiring were the characters. Just did not feel the "Unique" feel of the first.All in all, it's a worth while play in my opinion. I can be PM'd with any specific questions about the game.

Take care all and happy hunting!

Smasandian
They should the horrible AI.

It was good in the first game but this game your AI partners almost make the game unplayable.

Quincy
I played this last night, through the "swamp fever" level. I enjoyed it. Though the survivors this time around are annoying, they should have implemented the classic 4some again this time around.

The new infected were a bit more annoying. Mudmen and Jockey's were more of an annoyance than anything else. The melee weapons are AWESOME though, I love using the cricket bat.

Neo Darkhalen
They should the horrible AI.

It was good in the first game but this game your AI partners almost make the game unplayable.

Funny since I found the AI in the first game to be horrible (especially Bills AI) although I concede that the AI has gotten a lot worse for the sequel.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>