Crysis 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ5CKd-yel0

For the first time ever, Crytek is making Crysis multiplatform on 360,PS3, and PC but not the first one or the other called Warhead, just the sequel which looks awesome.

BackFire
For the first time ever, a sequel may have inferior graphics to the predecessor.

Smasandian
Probably not on the PC, maybe consoles.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by BackFire
For the first time ever, a sequel may have inferior graphics to the predecessor.

You mean reasonable PCs may actually be able to run it now!

Peach

Now now, you know that wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

But yeah. Crysis will have to be cut down significantly to work on consoles.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
You mean reasonable PCs may actually be able to run it now!

Reasonable computers can play the original and sequel now.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Smasandian
Reasonable computers can play the original and sequel now.

Oh I understand, I wasn't very clear...reasonable pc's will be able to run it at high end now?

Smasandian
Yep.

You don't need a crazy high end computer.

Crysis Warhead is better optimized than the original and you can play it at high on $1000 dollar computer.

Nemesis X
Crysis 2 in New York

Juk3n
The game doesnt look inferior to the first running on the ps3 plain to see from the vids, taking swipes at console gamers is for kids btw.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Juk3n
The game doesnt look inferior to the first running on the ps3 plain to see from the vids, taking swipes at console gamers is for kids btw.

But we all know that console gaming is inferior.

On a more serious note, Crysis 2 looks pretty damn good. They probably reworked and optimized the engine by a fair bit. We'll see how it turns out on the consoles, but the PC version will certainly be the best looking one.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention: the fact that Crysis 2 is coming out on the 360(while looking just as good), is a kick to the crotch to the notion of supposed significant superior hardware capabilities of the PS3.

RE: Blaxican
The multiplayer demo for this is out. Anyone played it?

Hammerhans
Really, that sounds coo, but perhaps you could tell us where to download it? smile

Bladewind
I would play it if it weren't Xbox exclusive. Not even that will make me buy a console. However I have pre-ordered the limited edition. ^^

Originally posted by Hammerhans
Really, that sounds coo, but perhaps you could tell us where to download it? smile

No problem stick out tongue

Zack Fair
I played it and so far its the best looking game I Have played on the 360. It was fun to boot though it had the cod influence.

Yeah... I dunno. It looks good but you can tell it's taxing the 260, lol. It takes a minute for the textures to load.

Also, am I the only one who feels that the controls are kind of... blocky, I guess?

BackFire
No, I agree, Blax. The controls are a little stiff, I guess you could say. This seems to be a common problem with multiplatform shooters.

That said, the graphics are pretty damn nice for a 360 game. Still, this is one I'm going to be getting on the PC.

Same here. Of course, I'll have to play it on the lowest possible settings until I get a new CPU and more ram... but I think it'll still be smoother than on the 360.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
The multiplayer demo for this is out. Anyone played it?

I've gave it a few rounds.. I really like the speed and pacing.. and how fast you can die if you're not careful.. they are using perks sortof as well.. (i.e. one of them allows you to enter stealth faster than normal) and there are killstreak rewards.. I think my personal beef is that the pistol seems really bad.. or maybe everyone is just using "maximum armor" -_-.. which they prolly are with my luck

I'd definitely recommend to try the demo

Smasandian
No PC demo I'm afraid.

SaTsuJiN
:/ oh well..
the travel time on the bullets seemed a bit hefty (and since the lag on the 360 demo was pretty noticeable this really made long range a bit of a hassle) .. I do like the countermeasure to stealth with the goggles and all.. but it doesnt seem to have a downside that I've noticed

and you know for a game that supposedly has "aim assist : on" .. I was missing a whole damn lot

Juk3n
Now ive seen this , there is no excuse for ANY developer making a 'realistic' shooter to make a game that doesn't look as good as this, on console. But the shooting..the ads shooting is still not as pin point sharp as MW2. As stated above bullet travel time is iffy. But im happy to say it's still a first day purchase for me, wanna see the PS3 review first. I trust Crytek not to fart out the port the way 3arch did with their PS3 Black ops release, but just to be sure, i think i'll wait to read a preview.

Smasandian
I'm hoping it runs well on my system.

The system could run Crysis and Crysis Warhead reasonably well so I'm pretty sure this will be able to run a bit better.

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
:/ oh well..
the travel time on the bullets seemed a bit hefty (and since the lag on the 360 demo was pretty noticeable this really made long range a bit of a hassle) .. I do like the countermeasure to stealth with the goggles and all.. but it doesnt seem to have a downside that I've noticed

and you know for a game that supposedly has "aim assist : on" .. I was missing a whole damn lot Do you mean the downside to using goggles?

There isn't really one, yeah. The consequences to using them are that people who aren't in stealth don't show up as well, I think, and it drains energy. Aside from that, I dunno.

The sniper rifle is completely whack in this, though. With maximum armor it takes three shots to the upper chest to kill someone, there's been a lot of times where even if it's not on it takes me like two shots to kill someone. =\

Juk3n
^ agreed, Less bullets to kill would be welcome, frame rate also takes a hit alot of the time.

Smasandian
That was one of the problem with the original Crysis and it's SP.

The health points on the Korean soldiers were absolutely stupid. It took like 5-6 hits to kill one guy. The patches decreased to a normal level. Can't feel like a badass when the soldiers can take hits like that.

It wouldn't annoy me so much if certain weapons weren't so much superior to other ones.

The clunky controls and uber health bars make the shotgun epic because little to not aiming is required and it's like a one shot kill at close range. Headshots are like 1 hit kills and therefore the Assault rifle is crazy good too.

So it just leaves like, SMG's and sniper rifles as the ass out weapons.

AthenasTrgrFngr
the graphics are so awesome! big grin

too bad the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired ermm

StyleTime
Graphics are all that matter.

Hammerhans
Seriously Smasandian? the first Crysis and the exspansion were one of the easiest games I have ever played, simply because everything was so easy to kill, and you were soooo hard to kill. It was a pure letdown in terms of challange.

Juk3n
Originally posted by AthenasTrgrFngr
the graphics are so awesome! big grin

too bad the gameplay leaves a lot to be desired ermm

Agreed, i could certainly do with not having rendered shadows for individual leaves from a tree, and bump up the frame rate by 10fps. They're optimizing each version though, so id like to see if the PS3 hardware makes a difference.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Hammerhans
Seriously Smasandian? the first Crysis and the exspansion were one of the easiest games I have ever played, simply because everything was so easy to kill, and you were soooo hard to kill. It was a pure letdown in terms of challange.

When did I say it was hard?

I mentioned that it took 5-6 hits to kill somebody which lessened the feeling of me being a complete badass. No mention about how difficult it was.

On a side note, there will be a MP PC demo.

Hammerhans
Yeah well, that would have been like using a cheat so easy it would become if they died that easily.

Smasandian
Ummm no.

For a realistic shooter, having a non armored enemy type get shot in the chest multiple times ruins the atmosphere of that game. There's a reason why they decreased it in subsequent patches.

jinXed by JaNx
xbox demo was shit. I see nothing special here. Its just call of duty but you have the ability to cloak and generate a shield. These are the last things i want to see in multiplayer games. Im sure the single player will be fun but the multiplayer demo felt stale

Zack Fair
I like the fact you can skip sections by just climbing objects. Makes map maneuravility awesome and makes it hard for campers to lock an area down.

Juk3n
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
xbox demo was shit. I see nothing special here. Its just call of duty but...

It's a war game, a shooter, you run around and shoot enemy units. Thats the core mechanic OF ANY shooter..

Homefront = just Call of duty , but fighting against Koreans?
Halo = Just Call of Duty byt way in the future and instead of OpFor we have aliens and alien tech? Shooting is still shooting, melee is still melee all that different is the setting right?
Brink = Just Call of duty with parkour and different art style?

Why is Crysis 2 "just call of duty but.."? You didnt need to download the demo to find out everything you needed to know about the MP gameplay. Call of duty got alot of things right, so don't be suprised if every shooter with a heavy emphasis on multiplayer feels familiar.

Lets go through the similarities shall we?

It has Hip fire and ADS. - So did crysis 1.
It has..guns? confused - Every war game has guns.
It has perks and custom class creation..lol, every MP shooter has some of this.
Killstreak bonuses @ 3, 5 and 7..grats
it has 6v6 battles..lol, this is getting silly now isnt it..

So, "it's like call of duty, and Killzone, with a little bit of battlefield, a touch of Halo and a lot of crysis 1"..

what EXACTLY were you expecting from this game that you didnt see in the trailers?

Morridini
Played the demo, was pleasently surprised.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Juk3n
It's a war game, a shooter, you run around and shoot enemy units. Thats the core mechanic OF ANY shooter..

Homefront = just Call of duty , but fighting against Koreans?
Halo = Just Call of Duty byt way in the future and instead of OpFor we have aliens and alien tech? Shooting is still shooting, melee is still melee all that different is the setting right?
Brink = Just Call of duty with parkour and different art style?

Why is Crysis 2 "just call of duty but.."? You didnt need to download the demo to find out everything you needed to know about the MP gameplay. Call of duty got alot of things right, so don't be suprised if every shooter with a heavy emphasis on multiplayer feels familiar.

Lets go through the similarities shall we?

It has Hip fire and ADS. - So did crysis 1.
It has..guns? confused - Every war game has guns.
It has perks and custom class creation..lol, every MP shooter has some of this.
Killstreak bonuses @ 3, 5 and 7..grats
it has 6v6 battles..lol, this is getting silly now isnt it..

So, "it's like call of duty, and Killzone, with a little bit of battlefield, a touch of Halo and a lot of crysis 1"..

what EXACTLY were you expecting from this game that you didnt see in the trailers?

I wasn't expecting anything from this game and from the demo, that's exactly what i got. Just the same ol bullshit. I don't know how we can revolutionize multiplayer ( this is why im not a developer) but there HAS to be something more than sticking twenty people in a box and having them kill each other. Perhaps co-op is the way to go. Lord knows that most developers seem intent on not doing anything with co-op. I was sick of team deathmatch ten years ago. So, to answer your question, what did i expect? I suppose i was hoping for something different or at least something that felt unique. I'm still looking forward to playing the single player story.

Bladewind
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I wasn't expecting anything from this game and from the demo, that's exactly what i got. Just the same ol bullshit. I don't know how we can revolutionize multiplayer ( this is why im not a developer) but there HAS to be something more than sticking twenty people in a box and having them kill each other. Perhaps co-op is the way to go. Lord knows that most developers seem intent on not doing anything with co-op. I was sick of team deathmatch ten years ago. So, to answer your question, what did i expect? I suppose i was hoping for something different or at least something that felt unique. I'm still looking forward to playing the single player story.

Play ARMA II if you want co-op in MP. Can't thing of any other game from the top of my head right now.

You can't "revolutionize" multiplayer with cooperative gameplay, because it's the competition between people that keeps multiplayer gaming on the level that it's at. If you wanna revolutionize multiplayer gameplay, you'd have to figure out a way for people to kill each other and talk shit to each other, in a manner that's different from how it is now.

Zack Fair
You can't "revolutionize" multiplayer with cooperative gameplay, because it's the competition between people that keeps multiplayer gaming on the level that it's at. If you wanna revolutionize multiplayer gameplay, you'd have to figure out a way for people to kill each other and talk shit to each other, in a manner that's different from how it is now.

QFT.

jinXed by JaNx
You can't "revolutionize" multiplayer with cooperative gameplay, because it's the competition between people that keeps multiplayer gaming on the level that it's at. If you wanna revolutionize multiplayer gameplay, you'd have to figure out a way for people to kill each other and talk shit to each other, in a manner that's different from how it is now. [/QUOTE

Yeah....,can't revolutionize mulitplayer? Let's wait and see what Brink will bring to the table.

Brink is prolly gonna bomb, lol.

Kazenji
I doubt it Splash Damage created alot of the maps for Doom 3 and did Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, and couple of maps for Return to Castle Wolfenstein Game of the Year Edition\

so yeah they've dabbled in Multiplayer.

Impediment
When I bought Dead Space 2 last week, I reserved Crysis 2 for PS3. My friend let me play the frist Crysis on his PC and I have to admit that I was very impressed. However, having only played Crysis for less than an hour, I dont know how wll the storyline will pan out for me.

I guess this game appeals to me because of the futuristic aspect of it, since I am competely tired of Modern Warfare.

BackFire
From what I've heard Crysis 2 won't have too much to do with the first game as far as the story goes. This makes sense when you think about it, since console exclusive gamers won't have any real way of playing the first game, the second one will be kind of a stand alone new starting point.

That said, if you can play Crysis more, do it. It's an excellent game, and offers more freedom than just about any other shooter I've played in regards to usable tactics. Also it's still the best looking game out there.

mixednuts
From what I've heard Crysis 2 won't have too much to do with the first game as far as the story goes. This makes sense when you think about it, since console exclusive gamers won't have any real way of playing the first game, the second one will be kind of a stand alone new starting point.

That said, if you can play Crysis more, do it. It's an excellent game, and offers more freedom than just about any other shooter I've played in regards to usable tactics. Also it's still the best looking game out there.

I believe Crysis 2 takes place shortly after the events in Crysis/Crysis Warhead. The actions of both Nomad and Psycho, while heroic, did little to stop the onslaught that eventually spread to New York.

Regardless, I'm glad that console players will have a chance to experience the pure awesome that is the Crysis series for themselves. As long as Crytek gives the PC the version it deserves complete with all the modding tools like the previous games I'll be happy.

mixednuts
Just watched the new Nanosuit vid on gamespot. Do want.

ArtificialGlory
Oh deary me.

Hahaha.

Bluesteel
Tried it and deleted it 1 hour later after the most agonizing time Ive ever had trying to get a game working properly. Its just that a beta, absolutly rubbish. Graphics dont even come close to Cryengine 2, even with everything turned to max. Crysis 1/Warhead will remain best looking game for quite some time.

Bladewind
Story Trailer.

A PC beta has been announced. Finally!

mixednuts
Steam just opened up the Crysis 2 pre-order which includes a free upgrade to the Limited Edition. Payday can't get here fast enough.

Impediment
March 22 needs to hurry the hell up and arrive!

Smasandian
Replaying Crysis with new vid card, man, that game is awesome.

Bladewind
Originally posted by Impediment
March 22 needs to hurry the hell up and arrive!

Lucky b*stard. I need to wait another three days! frusty

FistOfThe North
Just played the multiplayer demo with all settings on high but there's one thing i don't get. why does crysis 2 look and run way better than crysis 1 did?

i have a killer rig and i only got what 25-30 fps while playing crysis 1 with all settings on high. i'm getting 55-60 fps with all settings on high with crysis 2. and the game looks better too. it's more fun too.

One word: Optimization

Bluesteel
Ehhh? Crysis 2 dose not come close to the graphical level of Crysis 1. Its made to run on consoles, and its visable 2k!

Smasandian
Well, we haven't seen the single-player yet.

But from what I read, CryEngine 3 is basically an upgraded engine specifically in terms of optimization. I guess Crytek wanted people to not ***** about the game.

Anywhoo, just finished playing Crysis. It still the best looking game out there. It's beautiful and with the new video card (same system), I ran it at high and got probably 40-60 FPS. Even during the Ice levels, final level. I was very surprised.

If anybody remembers, during the nuke sequence in the first game, the Admiral and scientist mentioned that a transmissions was sent to a galaxy 4 million light years away. I betcha any money that is how Crysis 2 will relate to the first.

Can't wait now.

FistOfThe North
40-60 fps on high. nice. what's in your rig?

anyway, blaxican is right. optimization is what's happened here.

the cry engine is one of my top 3 engines and i have alot of hope for cry engine 3 and i even think it'll be the best and most promoising engine of the year. but as far as crysis 1 being the best looking game out there, that maybe so but the graphical power house now is metro 2033. since march 16, 2010. it's been dubbed the new crysis. i have it and way more that any other game, it does to mid/high end systems systems what crysis did to 'em in '07.

but crysis 2 to is shaping up to be my favorite shotter. it might top bf:bc2 as my favorite shooter so far..

That's kind of interesting actually, considering Metro 2033 looks like shit. I guess that's a great example of not optimized.

Smasandian
Metro 2033 on PC look good but I don't think it compared to Crysis. Could be that the jungle aspect makes it look better but the game is ****ing gorgeous.

My rig is an old q6600, 4 GB of RAM and a new 560 Ti vid card. I don't know what the FPS was, it might of been low but it was pretty smooth. In the Ice levels, it slowed down when there was a ton of NPC's and fighting and shit but everything was good.

FistOfThe North
That's kind of interesting actually, considering Metro 2033 looks like shit. I guess that's a great example of not optimized.

no offence but that's maybe because your pc was probably sh*t. the game's a system killer. it's well known that graphically it's proper requirements to run it an ultra with direct x 11 is the highest there is out there with it trumping ever other release in '10.

running metro 2033 on all high setting will give systems more of an issue that crysis one would.

and the game's graphics don't suck. you're not gonna look too bad if you've got methods like ambient occlusion, physx, and tessilation hammering and rendering out the visuals..

FistOfThe North
Metro 2033 on PC look good but I don't think it compared to Crysis. Could be that the jungle aspect makes it look better but the game is ****ing gorgeous.

My rig is an old q6600, 4 GB of RAM and a new 560 Ti vid card. I don't know what the FPS was, it might of been low but it was pretty smooth. In the Ice levels, it slowed down when there was a ton of NPC's and fighting and shit but everything was good.

I think Metro 2033 has more detail. sure with crysis you have the lushness of plants all around but metro 2033 just has a whole bunch of differrent things all around all at once and they're all detailed to the t. from photorealistic stains on dirty tool belts, to fire that you swear was taken from video of a real fire and pasted on there somehow, to how detailed the bizzare guns were. it has the most realistic looking smoke i've seen in video games ever. and more.

and the 560 ti, hu. great card. they're based of the gtx 460's. (i have 2 of them running in sli) but yea you're gonna get a lower fps during action times especially when there's alot going on which causes a bottleneck which is the case soem to most of the time with metro 2033

ever consider a second card, that's if you have a board with sli capabilities..

Bluesteel
I kinda agree with Blax, Metro while very "heavy" on the system, or well how should I say, I think what Blax ment was that you dont get as much ot of the engine compared to what it requiers.

When Crysis came out everyone said, yeah it kills the pc. But you could understand why, cause it looked good. Then Metro comes along and it soaks up even more then Crysis 1 dose, but it still dosent look as good, maybe there are some things here and there that look better. I mean lightning in dark places and all is really good, but look at the models, and characters. soooo stuff and ugly, and the movements, omg. if Crysis 1 ran as good as Crysis 2, it would be a MUCH better engine, thats the only thing I can tell that Crysis 2 has on Crysis 1, the ability to run on just about any PC/console.

FistOfThe North
This just in..

Achieved with Cry Engine 3..

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711208

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gdc-11-cryengine-3/711319

i loved this comment someone made on the site cause it's true.

"fcuking consoles...wasting crytek's time and millions of dollars developing a console-specific engine, that's already outdated with fcuking lameshit directx9.

where's the nextgen original engine that made the bar for the industry back with the original crysis?"

Smasandian
Metro 2033 is a great looking game but once you went outside, the graphics turned to not as good.

I find that Crysis is better looking just because it can do much bigger arenas. Doesn't really matter, both are great looking.

I just have one card. My computer is old so I didn't see a reason to get two when my processor isn't up to snuff.

As for the comment, I don't get it. Just because it has DirectX 9 doesn't mean its outdated. All engines need to support it because your cutting out a lot of people that do not have DirectX 10 or 11. It's like other technologys like Blu Ray players that support CD's and DVD's media also. All technology should have backward compatibility in it.

Impediment
I downloaded the multiplayer PS3 demo on Thursday and I was absolutely blown away by how gorgeous this game looks. Now, the servers are shut down and I can't play anymore until Tuesday. sad

Morridini
I tried the dmeo a long time ago, enjoyed it, but not blown away. But now I keep seeing these great reviews for it, and what I read/see, really looks/sounds cool. Might give it a go after all.

Smasandian
I'm really enjoying the game.

The SP is very similar to Crysis except that its not a jungle and the levels are a bit more constricted but the idea behind the game play is the same. Use your nano powers to attack a group of enemies in areas. The difference is that there is a lot of height to the game. It's more evolved I guess and the game is streamlined compared to the original. It seems that the story is going to better and how the tell the story has improved dramatically. The setting is also better. You feel like your in New York instead of some non-identified island.

Graphics and sound are top notch and outside of a new 560 Ti video card, my older computer, which balked a Crysis a bit, runs it at super smooth highest settings.

The MP is like CoD. Same thing but I find it better developed. The idea of the suit with cloak, armor and the ability to jump really high gives the MP a different spin. Also, I love the idea that you get killstreaks by picking up dog tags. It gives the special abilities a more useful thing. You see maybe one or two used in a game so its not overblown like CoD was. I really enjoy it. It's not totally unique but I find it better than CoD. A lot more strategy involved.

Overall, kick ass game. Worth picking up. If you liked/loved the first, this is technically a better game.

Kazenji
jRTXpncI8BI

Smasandian
That's awesome. Hahaha.

Zack Fair
Good game. I keep hearing complains from my cousin who loved the first but I just shrug them off. Heard all about the sandbox and the uber powerful suit and all the other stuff but since I never experienced them it doesn't detract from my experience with this game. I like what I got for my 60 bucks. Granted the CoDesque controls combined with the Halo Reach armor mechanics is somewhat uninspired, but they did a great job implementing both things and the maps are phenomenal. I also love the dog tags in multiplayer.

Smasandian
Halo Reach mechanics?

Calling the first game "sandbox" is full of shit. It's the same linear path as Crysis 2. Difference is that the levels are smaller but the idea behind the game is the same. Also, the suit is identical to the first. The difference is that they put strength and speed together as one suit power. Stealth and armour are identical.

In reality, the game is better for the single player because its more refined and it tells the story better. It's the same game. People just like bitching especially PC gamers because they're pissed that a PC exclusive developer (Far Cry and Crysis) is now developing for the console.

Zack Fair
When I talked about Halo mechanics I was only talking about the cloak/sprint/armor abilities that are similar. I agree about the bitching, lol. My cousin who was bitching about the game(evennthough he still played it) even admitted the PC community is full of whinners. I don't blame them,but at the same time I really don't care, but I understand their concerns.

Smasandian
I hate to say it but all the Halo mechanics have been in the first game. So in reality, Halo Reach uses Crysis mechanics.

Zack Fair
Fine by me.

Bladewind
Anybody got the MP to run on PC? It isn't working in the least for me. (but the SP is awesome)

Smasandian
Yeah, its working.

There were serial code issues but there's a workaround.

And there has been major problems with ranked servers but that has been resolved.

Should be fine.

Zack Fair
Has anyone else felt the Half Life 2 vibe while playing the campaign? Also who else thinks this is the best campaign in a FPS shooter in quite a while? The story wasn't epic but it was handled well in my opinion. And finally who wants to play some mutliplayer?

BackFire
So far the game is quite good. The only gripe I have is that the AI seems to have taken a huge nosedive from the first game. It's kinda surprising because the AI in the original is one of the reasons it was so excellent. Still though they found ways to make up for it. The graphics are excellent and the gameplay more or less still feels very much like the original, minus some of the open ended freedom, I guess, but still feels like Crysis to me.

Smasandian
Yeah, I actually like the more linear levels because of the scripted sequences that happen. Made the story feel more alive I guess.

It's weird with the AI, it can be brain dead but sometimes the AI can be very surprising.

Zack Fair

It's weird with the AI, it can be brain dead but sometimes the AI can be very surprising.

Agreed. The AI is incosistent. Sometimes it is extremely dumb and blind. You standing 3-5 in front of them and they don't notice you. Other times you swear they won't be able to see you given how dumb it is, but it does! LoL.

FistOfThe North
Crysis 2 DirectX 11 patch confirmed

Following no shortage of rumors, Crytek has finally confirmed a DirectX 11 patch is in the works for the PC version of Crysis 2.

While most PC players seem to have enjoyed the experience on the whole, many have complained about the lack of visual fidelity over Crysis, which is where DirectX 11 comes in.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16186-crysis-2-directx-11-patch-confirmed/

Now that's what i call very good news. damn it's good to be a pc player. i got my 360 but it just doesn't compare in everyway.

BloodRain
What's the best way to take out the 'heavy' aliens?

FistOfThe North
plant c4's on 'em in stealth mode and kick 'em away.

BackFire
Finished the campaign today. Overall was very impressed. Better than the original in a lot of ways. The setting and atmosphere was much more interesting, the guns were all more fun to use (in the first game i only enjoyed using the SCAR). The aliens were more fun to fight this time, and the story was better as well. Only thing lacking really was the crazy sense of freedom from the first game, but it made it a tighter experience over all I think. Oh and the AI.

BloodRain
You can put it on them? Interesting.

I am trying so hard to like this game. I really am.

Zack Fair
What is keeping you?

FistOfThe North
I am trying so hard to like this game. I really am.

wait for the dx11 patch.

Originally posted by Zack Fair
What is keeping you? Cloaking is just game breaking for me. It makes the single player ridiculously easy and the MP retarded. There is no coherency in multiplayer, it's just everyone running around the map in circles while cloaked. I don't know this for sure, but I'm pretty sure the game doesn't even spawn you near your allies. It spawns you were enemies aren't, which kind of results in a cluster****.

Plus the weapons are unbalanced. Due to the fact that long range fighting is pointless (due to cloaking, max armor and sprint, and every weapon except full auto's needing at least two seconds to kill someone), the tiers of weapons is basically decided by rate of fire. The higher the RoF the better the gun.

In short, every match is a huge cluster**** of people who are cloaked accidentally running into each other, then spraying and praying.

Also the maps are repetitive and boring. no expression That's not really a big issue though.

As far as the balance is concerned, I think it would be helpful if they got rid of bullet lag for all weapons and put a greater damage difference on weapons with low RoF. Sniper rifles for example should be a one-hit kill anywhere on the chest and head, imo, and two shots if the target has max armor on, that way Sniper Rifles aren't useless (compared to other weapons).

BloodRain
Is cloaking the only thing about the single player mode you have an issue with? Admittedly the low enemy AI plus the cloaking does take away most of the difficulty.

Still playing this, so far camping and sniping has become the norm for any open area. Oh AI, when will you find me..

The AI's stupid as ****, yeah.

There's a lot I don't like about the campaign. Story's confusing and not really explained well, characters are utterly forgettable and the dialogue is lame. The set-pieces are kind of boring, and the levels are pretty repetitive for the most part.

I wasn't expecting a lot from the campaign though, which is why it doesn't really bother me. I knew for awhile that the campaign in this one wasn't going to be as good as in the 1st one.

Zack Fair
Cloaking is just game breaking for me. It makes the single player ridiculously easy and the MP retarded. There is no coherency in multiplayer, it's just everyone running around the map in circles while cloaked. I don't know this for sure, but I'm pretty sure the game doesn't even spawn you near your allies. It spawns you were enemies aren't, which kind of results in a cluster****.

I understand the issue with cloaking, but you are not forced to use it. I have no problem being spawned where the enemies are not. Much better than getting killed multiple times in a row because you return in the middle of the action. I prefer these spawns over Black OPs's broken Team Deathmatch spawns. That shit is just plain retarded.

Plus the weapons are unbalanced. Due to the fact that long range fighting is pointless (due to cloaking, max armor and sprint, and every weapon except full auto's needing at least two seconds to kill someone), the tiers of weapons is basically decided by rate of fire. The higher the RoF the better the gun.

In short, every match is a huge cluster**** of people who are cloaked accidentally running into each other, then spraying and praying.

Also the maps are repetitive and boring. no expression That's not really a big issue though.

As far as the balance is concerned, I think it would be helpful if they got rid of bullet lag for all weapons and put a greater damage difference on weapons with low RoF. Sniper rifles for example should be a one-hit kill anywhere on the chest and head, imo, and two shots if the target has max armor on, that way Sniper Rifles aren't useless (compared to other weapons).

I have no issues with the weapon balance. My main issue comes from the consistent red bars in almost every single match. Nanovision > Cloaking. Some of the maps are boring but others are just plain awesome like Skyline. Oh well it looks like the game isn't your cup of tea. Shame.

Also the story wasn't explained well? I wasn't lost at all throughout the entire thing. In fact it was kind of straight forward.

BloodRain
Partly disappointed at the lack of a final boss or obstacle. 4 cloaks, 4 grunts and a small walk? Was expecting some huge new enemy, a gunship or tripod-walker thing would do, even settle for a heavy.

Someone explain the ending. Is it Alcatraz taking up the name Prophet or actually Prophet?

Zack Fair
THey are both. Turns out Prophet's consciousness remained in the suit and in the end Alcatraz successfully assimilated his memories/skills to his own. The one speaking is Alcatraz because the suit finally managed to heal his vocal cords

Bladewind
Uninstalled it yesterday to make way for better games in my possession. Needless to say I'm quite disappointed by it. My problems with it:

1) The atmosphere was pretty bad. I couldn't immerse myself properly into the game.
2) I can't access MP.
3) The stealth (my favourite style of play) is horrible. The AI reacts completely illogically. If they come into a range of maybe 5 meters they suddenly gain super senses and can detect a stealthed soldier crouching in the shadows.

Allah
ALLAH ALLAH ALLAH ALLAH ALLAH

Zack Fair
Brink is prolly gonna bomb, lol.

excellent

Haha, yep. So much for Brink being a gaming revolution, lol.

Phanteros
All that potential, gone in the wind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.