Hiei vs Kurama

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Quincy
HIEI VS KURAMA
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll440/ErroCook/HieiandKurama212.jpg

Kurama and Hiei meet in battle in the 2nd annual Demon World Tournament. It's the final round, and both competitors will go all out to be crowned king of demon world.

They are both given 3 days worth of prep time.

Round 1.
Base Form - (No Yoko, No Jagan)
Fight takes place in a Dark Tournament style ring.

Round 2.
Fully Powered
Fight takes place inside Demon's Door Cave, where Sensui fought Yusuke.

I have this debate over and over with my friends, and I truly think either of the two could be argued, although I often find myself vying for Kurama.

Quincy
Pffft, no Yu Yu fans?

Kento
Personally I think Kurama. He's much more of an intelligent fighter than Hiei, and even Hiei has admitted to not wanting to fight him.

KingD19
Kurama, what the guy above me said, plus, no matter how much he trains, Hiei will never be back at full strength because of the jagan implant. Although, I would like to see the Darkness Dragon Flame go up against Yoko's demon trees.

The Red
Originally posted by KingD19
Kurama, what the guy above me said, plus, no matter how much he trains, Hiei will never be back at full strength because of the jagan implant. Although, I would like to see the Darkness Dragon Flame go up against Yoko's demon trees. You clearly need to look before posting. It was said in the manga that Hiei was stronger than before he ever had the Jagan implanted into his head when facing the man who implanted it there in the first place.

Anyway, I would give it to Kurama. Hiei clearly has the upper hand in speed. That's the only thing Hiei has over Kurama. Both individuals have their own techniques and each are very strong. The only difference is Kurama evaluates his opponents before facing them. Clearly, Kurama has evaluated Hiei one too many times. Seen his fighting abilities more so than he would his enemies. I would say Kurama would read Hiei like a book.

Quincy
Originally posted by The Red
Hiei clearly has the upper hand in speed. That's the only thing Hiei has over Kurama. Both individuals have their own techniques and each are very strong. The only difference is Kurama evaluates his opponents before facing them. Clearly, Kurama has evaluated Hiei one too many times. Seen his fighting abilities more so than he would his enemies. I would say Kurama would read Hiei like a book.

He has speed yes, as well as power. Hiei is an S Rank demon by the end of the series, while Kurama is a lower S- Rank. Plus, it may be harder to read Hiei, since he'll pull out some surprises.

When he fights Shigure, he even sacrifices his own arm.

The Red
You clearly need to look before posting. It was said in the manga that Hiei was stronger than before he ever had the Jagan implanted into his head when facing the man who implanted it there in the first place.

Anyway, I would give it to Kurama. Hiei clearly has the upper hand in speed. That's the only thing Hiei has over Kurama. Both individuals have their own techniques and each are very strong. The only difference is Kurama evaluates his opponents before facing them. Clearly, Kurama has evaluated Hiei one too many times. Seen his fighting abilities more so than he would his enemies. I would say Kurama would read Hiei like a book. http://www.onemanga.com/Yu_Yu_Hakusho/159/19/ To back up what I said about the Jagan surgery.

Originally posted by Quincy
He has speed yes, as well as power. Hiei is an S Rank demon by the end of the series, while Kurama is a lower S- Rank. Plus, it may be harder to read Hiei, since he'll pull out some surprises.

When he fights Shigure, he even sacrifices his own arm. Yes he did, but Murkuro revived Hiei and his arm so that really doesn't matter about hims sacrificing his arm. Kurama has been outmatched several times in the series and everytime he pulled through and killed his opponent even if on the brink of death.

Kento

When he fights Shigure, he even sacrifices his own arm. I thought they were the same power? Hiei having the speed advantage but Kurama in battle is a strategist while Hiei isn't. Kurama has seen what Hiei will do, what he can do, and has been around him for a long time and probably knows Hiei better than Hiei knows himself. That's what will be the real deciding factor.

Quincy
Yes he did, but Murkuro revived Hiei and his arm so that really doesn't matter about hims sacrificing his arm.

You totally missed the point.

The Red
You totally missed the point. I picked it up after I posted. Hiei has pulled two surprises in the series. The first being the Black Flamed Dragon ability. And then the sacrificing of his arm. Kurama has pulled a surprise EVERY match. And as Kento said, Kurama knows Hiei better than Hiei knows himself. So, there wouldn't be any surprises against Kurama.

Quincy
I picked it up after I posted. Hiei has pulled two surprises in the series. The first being the Black Flamed Dragon ability. And then the sacrificing of his arm. Kurama has pulled a surprise EVERY match. And as Kento said, Kurama knows Hiei better than Hiei knows himself. So, there wouldn't be any surprises against Kurama.

You mean how he can use The Dragon of the Darkness flame?

The Red
You mean how he can use The Dragon of the Darkness flame? It's been forever since reading the issues of the Dark Tournament, so I didn't exactly remember the name of his ability.

Quincy
It's been forever since reading the issues of the Dark Tournament, so I didn't exactly remember the name of his ability.

No no I wasn't heckling you for that.

But that's not the only surprise Hiei has shown.

In his battle with bui, he surprisingly was able to absorb the dragon itself, increasing his strength by leaps and bounds.

In his battle with Kuro Momotaro, he surprisingly enhanced the strength and cutting power of his sword, when he melded the Darkness Flame onto it.

Needless to say, Kurama isn't the only surprising fighter.

Kero_Co
Idk, a bloddlusted Hiei would be tough for anyone to beat. Kurama is intelligent and full of tricks, but can he pull them off having spend so much concentration on dodging Hiei's attacks? Not to mention Hiei could read Kurama's mind. It seems to me that Kurama plays with his opponent to get a feel of what they're going to do before he deals the final blow. If he does that with Hiei, he's dead.

Slaanesh
i think Hiei is better..

Kento
Originally posted by Kero_Co
Idk, a bloddlusted Hiei would be tough for anyone to beat. Kurama is intelligent and full of tricks, but can he pull them off having spend so much concentration on dodging Hiei's attacks? Not to mention Hiei could read Kurama's mind. It seems to me that Kurama plays with his opponent to get a feel of what they're going to do before he deals the final blow. If he does that with Hiei, he's dead. Yea but with his other opponents he doesn't know them like he does Hiei. The problem is though Kurama doesn't have anything to stop Dragon of the Darkness Flames. It won't be an easy battle, and Hiei can win but I think Kurama would win more often that not.

XanatosForever
So Kurama's advantage 60:40, would you say?

Kento
Pretty much about that. I mean Hiei has a very powerful move with the Darkness Dragon and I don't see how Kurama could win when that's used.

Quincy
Originally posted by Kento
Pretty much about that. I mean Hiei has a very powerful move with the Darkness Dragon and I don't see how Kurama could win when that's used.

True, but what if Kurama summoned those giant devil flowers? Or Those thick trees like in his battle with Shigure? Would that be able to shield him from the dragon?

Kento
True, but what if Kurama summoned those giant devil flowers? Or Those thick trees like in his battle with Shigure? Would that be able to shield him from the dragon? I don't know..Would they? I mean wouldn't a flame from the depths of hell..burn through it? Black flames are suppose to be the hottest flames.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.